Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Game problems !! 14:14 - Jan 16 with 4786 viewsJonoscfc

How does everyone feel about copying a couple of teams tactics when going to watch away games. Ive been to many away games where ive been asked to sit down, most recently Manu away. As much as i feel it is fair for everyone to see the game i feel i enjoy the games a lot more when im standing and there is a good atmosphere. I was thinking of adopting the strategy of no matter what seat your in if you feel you would like to stand through the game then make your way towards the back and anyone wanting to sit for the majority of the game heads to the front. The majority of stadiums offer a good view of the game wherever you are in the stadium so going towards the back wont affect your view of the game. This is just an idea but seems to make sense and will enable the enjoyment for everyone. Maybe could start this with the Birmingham away game. Just an idea.
Away Game problems !! on 18:03 - Jan 17 with 675 viewsjacksinceever

Away Game problems !! on 11:40 - Jan 17 by Jonoscfc

Im not too sure about the view differing from where you sit or stand in many stadiums. I started at the front of old trafford and moved to the back and the game looked the same. Always going to be some idiots like yourself complaining. Rather you sit at home and watch the games please. Boring fan !!

As a home St who's seat is in the lower tier, I know from experience the view is IMO better from the uppe tier.
Without fans like me following the club for over forty years through thick and thin, you would have no trips to Man U etc to go to.
How many can say the same?
Away Game problems !! on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 669 viewsGrandPrix

Chelsea away in the league last year was a shock to me, a couple of us old timers were singing at the back (thank the lord thats where our tickets were allocated)
There was no atmosphere at all by the Swans fans in front, a few folks left their seats to come and join us. The most noise that those infront of us made was Lampards introduction.

Never again will I spend fifty quid on that shat.

It seems the away fans at the "bigger clubs' are pants.... the crowds that go to the lesser clubs make the noise.

An away day to me is all about the atmosphere we create and that makes me proud to be a Jack.

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Away Game problems !! on 22:13 - Jan 17 with 647 viewsjacksinceever

Away Game problems !! on 18:11 - Jan 17 by GrandPrix

Chelsea away in the league last year was a shock to me, a couple of us old timers were singing at the back (thank the lord thats where our tickets were allocated)
There was no atmosphere at all by the Swans fans in front, a few folks left their seats to come and join us. The most noise that those infront of us made was Lampards introduction.

Never again will I spend fifty quid on that shat.

It seems the away fans at the "bigger clubs' are pants.... the crowds that go to the lesser clubs make the noise.

An away day to me is all about the atmosphere we create and that makes me proud to be a Jack.

Having followed Swans for many years and been often one of just a handful of the supporters at away grounds in places like Mansfield, Huddersfield, Bournemouth etc, the away day experience has always been about watching the Super Swans tearing the opposition apart, enjoying the game and cheering them on.
If singing "Stand up if you hate Cardiff" and hurling abuse at the home fans is anyone's idea of a great day out then all I can say is grow up FFS
Away Game problems !! on 23:31 - Jan 17 with 636 viewsGrandPrix

Away Game problems !! on 22:13 - Jan 17 by jacksinceever

Having followed Swans for many years and been often one of just a handful of the supporters at away grounds in places like Mansfield, Huddersfield, Bournemouth etc, the away day experience has always been about watching the Super Swans tearing the opposition apart, enjoying the game and cheering them on.
If singing "Stand up if you hate Cardiff" and hurling abuse at the home fans is anyone's idea of a great day out then all I can say is grow up FFS

I'm not quite sure you understand my post, if you did attend those games then you would have probably seen me and we certainly wouldn't have been sitting down admiring the team ripping our opponents apart!
Very rare have I been to an away game and have been forced to sit.....actually I never have and I've been to regular away games since 1994

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Away Game problems !! on 07:28 - Jan 18 with 616 viewsjacksinceever

Away Game problems !! on 23:31 - Jan 17 by GrandPrix

I'm not quite sure you understand my post, if you did attend those games then you would have probably seen me and we certainly wouldn't have been sitting down admiring the team ripping our opponents apart!
Very rare have I been to an away game and have been forced to sit.....actually I never have and I've been to regular away games since 1994

Not getting at you in particular butt. My experience of travelling with one man & his dog goes back to early 1970's.
Travel to many of the wonderful stadiums of football then - Dean Court, Gresty Road, Leeds Road, etc, etc,.
Change in circumstances means I don't get away as often as I like.
However I do see both sides of the argument to a large extent. Personally I like to sit (or stand if legally permitted) and watch the game. Not really one for singing, etc.
I have no problem with those that do providing they show consideration for those who don't want to have to stand to watch the game. Also I have no problem with fans singing or chanting etc and getting behind the Swans. however I do object when supporters at (eg) Old Trafford stand up at least a dozen times to sing about hating Cardiff or watching action taking place in the adjacent stand.
You pays your money and you takes your choice I know.
Back in the day, the singing crowd would be in one corner, the less vocal of us would be in another and the was room to manoeuvre. Better that we all try to rub along and support a successful club than return to those days.
Anyway no offence intended - just difference of opinions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024