Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guilty Fox! 23:01 - Jan 30 with 3330 viewsSwanzay

According to Italian law, will the US be as favourable to extradition of Knox as they are the other way around, doubt it!?
Bearing in mind Italian law, is completely mad (6 years for retrial), much like the justice system in america really!

Guilty or not?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25941999
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 23:04]
Guilty Fox! on 23:02 - Jan 30 with 2540 viewsDarran

Why the f*ck do you care Dave?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guilty Fox! on 23:05 - Jan 30 with 2528 viewsSwanzay

Guilty Fox! on 23:02 - Jan 30 by Darran

Why the f*ck do you care Dave?

I care in the same way that you care about what happens on other web sites, only difference is this is real life!
Guilty Fox! on 23:06 - Jan 30 with 2525 viewsDarran

Guilty Fox! on 23:05 - Jan 30 by Swanzay

I care in the same way that you care about what happens on other web sites, only difference is this is real life!

Real f*cking life? It doesn't affect you apart from the fact you hate America.
Real life FFS.

Guilty Fox! on 23:14 - Jan 30 with 2511 viewsSwanzay

Your like a broken record, you have no views on world events and their implications apart from what happens in Neath and surrounding areas, apart from the fact that Jim Davidson won BB.
Says it all really!
Guilty Fox! on 23:27 - Jan 30 with 2492 viewsDarran

Guilty Fox! on 23:14 - Jan 30 by Swanzay

Your like a broken record, you have no views on world events and their implications apart from what happens in Neath and surrounding areas, apart from the fact that Jim Davidson won BB.
Says it all really!

Well yeah but that's part of broken Britain innit,America and Italy and this murder isn't see.

Outraged you are though.

Guilty Fox! on 23:56 - Jan 30 with 2459 viewsSwanzay

Guilty Fox! on 23:27 - Jan 30 by Darran

Well yeah but that's part of broken Britain innit,America and Italy and this murder isn't see.

Outraged you are though.

Why am I outraged? I just said it would be interesting to see whether the US will make the same effort to export one of its own as they do to trying to trying to ask other countries to send their own patriots the other way.
She said she couldn't afford to attend the court case, rather convenient, any idea how affordability comes into whether she can afford to pay the flight for a 20 odd year sentence?
Or will the US, just book her on a seat in economy, some how I doubt it.
As I said Italian law is long winded an haphazard, so is she really guilty?

Got to feel for Meredith Kercher's family, six years on!
Guilty Fox! on 01:44 - Jan 31 with 2427 viewsLohengrin

To be found guilty in Italy usually means that you had less money to grease palms than the other side did.

Justice in the lesser countries is a bad joke, not so funny if you're caught in the web, but risible nonetheless.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Guilty Fox! on 06:44 - Jan 31 with 2386 viewsMan_Jolby

Would.

Poll: Should use of E-cigs be permitted inside the Liberty on match days?

Login to get fewer ads

Guilty Fox! on 07:51 - Jan 31 with 2345 viewsjackb

Guilty Fox! on 23:27 - Jan 30 by Darran

Outraged you are though.

hey, look on the bright side - is there any chance they could face execution - that would cheer you up and have you posting a link
Guilty Fox! on 07:58 - Jan 31 with 2340 viewsApathy

Definitely would

Goulet

Guilty Fox! on 08:12 - Jan 31 with 2320 viewsDarran

Guilty Fox! on 07:51 - Jan 31 by jackb

hey, look on the bright side - is there any chance they could face execution - that would cheer you up and have you posting a link

Indeed she could be shagged to death.

Guilty Fox! on 09:10 - Jan 31 with 2273 viewsPhaedrus

Guilty Fox! on 08:12 - Jan 31 by Darran

Isn't that what happened in the first place?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Guilty Fox! on 09:12 - Jan 31 with 2267 viewsDarran

Guilty Fox! on 09:10 - Jan 31 by Phaedrus

Isn't that what happened in the first place?

Eye for an eye en innit?

Guilty Fox! on 09:17 - Jan 31 with 2250 viewsBaker

Guilty Fox! on 08:12 - Jan 31 by Darran

*puts name forward*

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Guilty Fox! on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 2235 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Guilty Fox! on 09:17 - Jan 31 by Baker

*puts name forward*

In line with execution procedure, close family, members of her legal team and other legally-appointed observers would have to be standing around watching you mind, this is serious business.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Guilty Fox! on 09:32 - Jan 31 with 2221 viewsBaker

Guilty Fox! on 09:26 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

In line with execution procedure, close family, members of her legal team and other legally-appointed observers would have to be standing around watching you mind, this is serious business.

I wonder if Sky would air it?

If so they may be better off getting another lad in so that he would at least make it to the commercial break...
[Post edited 31 Jan 2014 9:42]

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Guilty Fox! on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 2137 viewsDavillin

Information.

International extraditions from the U.S. are subject to the Constitution and to federal statutes, as well as to an extradition treaty, if any, between the U.S. and the requesting country.

The person whose extradition is requested is entitled to due process where a federal judge will determine whether the request meets the terms of the treaty [if any] and whether the facts of the case justify extradition, and forwards his decision to the State Department for final disposition.

The federal judge does not try the defendant again. The defendant has the right to an attorney.

In the Fox case, it is my personal opinion that extradition will likely not be granted, based on fundamental Constitutional law. The Constitution does not allow double jeopardy [being tried for the same alleged crime more than once].

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guilty Fox! on 17:27 - Jan 31 with 2125 viewsZut_Alors

Guilty Fox! on 17:23 - Jan 31 by Davillin

Information.

International extraditions from the U.S. are subject to the Constitution and to federal statutes, as well as to an extradition treaty, if any, between the U.S. and the requesting country.

The person whose extradition is requested is entitled to due process where a federal judge will determine whether the request meets the terms of the treaty [if any] and whether the facts of the case justify extradition, and forwards his decision to the State Department for final disposition.

The federal judge does not try the defendant again. The defendant has the right to an attorney.

In the Fox case, it is my personal opinion that extradition will likely not be granted, based on fundamental Constitutional law. The Constitution does not allow double jeopardy [being tried for the same alleged crime more than once].

Any idea how long that sort of thing takes, Dav? Can imagine this could go on for years.
Guilty Fox! on 17:31 - Jan 31 with 2115 viewsDarran

Was there any new evidence presented in this latest trial then?

Guilty Fox! on 17:51 - Jan 31 with 2091 viewsdgt73

Guilty Fox! on 17:31 - Jan 31 by Darran

Was there any new evidence presented in this latest trial then?

There would not have been any new evidence submitted, because this was not a retrial.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Guilty Fox! on 18:00 - Jan 31 with 2080 viewsdgt73

Guilty Fox! on 23:56 - Jan 30 by Swanzay

Why am I outraged? I just said it would be interesting to see whether the US will make the same effort to export one of its own as they do to trying to trying to ask other countries to send their own patriots the other way.
She said she couldn't afford to attend the court case, rather convenient, any idea how affordability comes into whether she can afford to pay the flight for a 20 odd year sentence?
Or will the US, just book her on a seat in economy, some how I doubt it.
As I said Italian law is long winded an haphazard, so is she really guilty?

Got to feel for Meredith Kercher's family, six years on!

Could not afford to attend court, as in could not afford to lose her liberty. Nothing to do with afford money wise as I believe she is well off.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Guilty Fox! on 19:13 - Jan 31 with 2037 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guilty Fox! on 17:23 - Jan 31 by Davillin

Information.

As I understand it, she hasn't been tried for the same crime twice. She was tried, convicted, the guilty verdict was set aside on appeal then on this latest appeal the original guilty verdict was reinstated. Could be wrong on that though and if there have been two separate trials.

On a related note, I'm a big fan of a constitutional protection against "double jeopardy". We got rid of that here some years ago, sadly.

Poll: Tory leader

Guilty Fox! on 19:16 - Jan 31 with 2034 viewsLohengrin

Guilty Fox! on 19:13 - Jan 31 by exiledclaseboy

As I understand it, she hasn't been tried for the same crime twice. She was tried, convicted, the guilty verdict was set aside on appeal then on this latest appeal the original guilty verdict was reinstated. Could be wrong on that though and if there have been two separate trials.

On a related note, I'm a big fan of a constitutional protection against "double jeopardy". We got rid of that here some years ago, sadly.

But if new and utterly damning evidence comes to light, Clase, do you think it's right that somebody can get off Scot free?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Guilty Fox! on 19:23 - Jan 31 with 2019 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guilty Fox! on 19:16 - Jan 31 by Lohengrin

But if new and utterly damning evidence comes to light, Clase, do you think it's right that somebody can get off Scot free?

Yes, that's the obvious riposte which is difficult to argue but as a point of principle, I'll stick with my original view.

Poll: Tory leader

Guilty Fox! on 19:26 - Jan 31 with 2013 viewsDarran

Guilty Fox! on 19:23 - Jan 31 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, that's the obvious riposte which is difficult to argue but as a point of principle, I'll stick with my original view.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'm surprised by that view.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024