Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry wants it then 17:37 - Mar 30 with 10590 viewsDarran

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9240830/premier-league-swansea-man

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry wants it then on 22:12 - Mar 31 with 1073 viewsHighjack

This is the sort of negative moany thread that will be bumped for years to come when everyone is proved wrong.

Monk will do just fine. Just wait and see.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Garry wants it then on 22:35 - Mar 31 with 1033 viewslonglostjack

Basically I think Gary Monk has done a great job and wouldn't mind if he got it on a permanent basis - he's learned under the best and I think that will stand him in good stead, more important than coaching certs IMO. Sure there are some doubts - Dalgleish comes to mind and the scouting system would need to be sorted as has been said on here before. The least of my worries is Gary Monk the legend falling out of favour with the fans - he's a big boy and he knows the score. How about bringing Desailly on board to help out in some capacity ? Just a thought.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Garry wants it then on 22:43 - Mar 31 with 1014 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 22:35 - Mar 31 by longlostjack

Basically I think Gary Monk has done a great job and wouldn't mind if he got it on a permanent basis - he's learned under the best and I think that will stand him in good stead, more important than coaching certs IMO. Sure there are some doubts - Dalgleish comes to mind and the scouting system would need to be sorted as has been said on here before. The least of my worries is Gary Monk the legend falling out of favour with the fans - he's a big boy and he knows the score. How about bringing Desailly on board to help out in some capacity ? Just a thought.

Why the hell would we bring in Desailly? And how the hell has Garry 'learned under the best'. When he was captaining the side under Rodgers and Roberto I highly doubt he was over their houses each night learning the ropes regarding management, he was just your standard player.

Anyone who wants Garry Monk to become our permanent manager is, in my opinion, an idiot. He's hardly set the world alight with his tenure so far, so what makes you think he's capable of managing us full time? We're a small club struggling to survive in the best league in the world on a shoestring budget. We are not in the position to appoint someone with basically zero experience and hope for the best. And to think some people think I'm the laughing stock of this forum. It's truly remarkable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry wants it then on 22:45 - Mar 31 with 1004 viewspencoedjack

Garry wants it then on 22:43 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why the hell would we bring in Desailly? And how the hell has Garry 'learned under the best'. When he was captaining the side under Rodgers and Roberto I highly doubt he was over their houses each night learning the ropes regarding management, he was just your standard player.

Anyone who wants Garry Monk to become our permanent manager is, in my opinion, an idiot. He's hardly set the world alight with his tenure so far, so what makes you think he's capable of managing us full time? We're a small club struggling to survive in the best league in the world on a shoestring budget. We are not in the position to appoint someone with basically zero experience and hope for the best. And to think some people think I'm the laughing stock of this forum. It's truly remarkable.

It pains me to say it ...... but I agree with almost everything you have posted there.
Garry wants it then on 22:54 - Mar 31 with 983 viewslonglostjack

Garry wants it then on 22:43 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Seem to have touched a raw nerve - and there's me thinking you were above personal abuse - not when it comes to promoting your agenda obviously. How very sad.

Garry wants it then on 22:55 - Mar 31 with 988 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 22:54 - Mar 31 by longlostjack

Seem to have touched a raw nerve - and there's me thinking you were above personal abuse - not when it comes to promoting your agenda obviously. How very sad.

Please point out where in my post you spotted any form of personal abuse, thanks.

Garry wants it then on 23:05 - Mar 31 with 982 viewslonglostjack

Garry wants it then on 22:55 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Please point out where in my post you spotted any form of personal abuse, thanks.

Anyone who wants Garry Monk to become our permanent manager is, in my opinion, an idiot.

Sorry Dwight not sure what they are teaching you in discourse analysis up in Manchester there - but that is hardly the best way to present an argument.

Garry wants it then on 23:14 - Mar 31 with 950 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 23:05 - Mar 31 by longlostjack

Anyone who wants Garry Monk to become our permanent manager is, in my opinion, an idiot.

Sorry Dwight not sure what they are teaching you in discourse analysis up in Manchester there - but that is hardly the best way to present an argument.

I thought I was presenting an agenda, not an arguement? And that was not a personal insult, it was a generalisation of anybody who thinks we should begin next season with Garry as manager. I provided plenty of valid points in my post to support my agenda / argument.

Login to get fewer ads

Garry wants it then on 23:15 - Mar 31 with 953 viewsmysonsarejacks

Support the man in the job I say.

I am happy sticking with GM. Re scouting issues, the reality is that agents will tout the players in front of the board anyhow.

Do we need someone with a bit more gravitas to attract bigger names? Maybe - how this would work, not sure.

But support GM, the bad games in many ways were down to injuries/form and a few moments of madness.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Garry wants it then on 23:21 - Mar 31 with 946 viewslonglostjack

When in a hole ........ Goodnight Dwight

Garry wants it then on 23:25 - Mar 31 with 937 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry wants it then on 23:21 - Mar 31 by longlostjack

When in a hole ........ Goodnight Dwight

You still haven't responded to any of my points from my original post. You, like most others, have instead completely ignored my post and decided to have a go at me for a totally different reason. Now you are resorting to petty comments such as 'When in a hole..' etc, which is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Garry wants it then on 23:34 - Mar 31 with 929 viewslonglostjack

Garry wants it then on 23:25 - Mar 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You still haven't responded to any of my points from my original post. You, like most others, have instead completely ignored my post and decided to have a go at me for a totally different reason. Now you are resorting to petty comments such as 'When in a hole..' etc, which is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I'll leave that for others to decide. I've stated my opinion and why. As far as you are concerned, I and anybody else of the same opinion is an idiot. Is there any more to discuss? I don't thinks so - goodnight Dwight.

Garry wants it then on 23:40 - Mar 31 with 927 viewsPrivate_Partz

Highjack. I am not moaning. Merely responding to what I deem as unfair criticism of ML and the assumption the board can do no wrong.
I have said I hope we can all get behind GM. I also said that, if we suddenly went on a great run, I would be calling for him to be given the job - with experienced help.
In fact I would much rather we kept schtum about it for the time being and concentrated on safety,
The Board have done a great job - but they are not beyond reproach, The alleged DOF and Commercial Manager appointments are more subjects for the future I would say.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Garry wants it then on 07:08 - Apr 1 with 852 viewsmikl0s

I see many still believe the nonsense and garbage spouted around the manager change.

Facts are ML didn't go to Paris
Club blocked ML from saying goodbye
At least 5 players wouldn't have gone to Swansea without ML
Clubs most successful season in a hundred years was with ML at the helm, accept it

Now just let it go - he did amazing for the club - so will the next manager, even if that one is Monk. He might need help on the recruitment side but that's easily fixable by removing the boards ass from the coffers and enlisting a good agency.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Garry wants it then on 07:24 - Apr 1 with 842 viewsDr_Winston

Garry wants it then on 07:08 - Apr 1 by mikl0s

I see many still believe the nonsense and garbage spouted around the manager change.

Facts are ML didn't go to Paris
Club blocked ML from saying goodbye
At least 5 players wouldn't have gone to Swansea without ML
Clubs most successful season in a hundred years was with ML at the helm, accept it

Now just let it go - he did amazing for the club - so will the next manager, even if that one is Monk. He might need help on the recruitment side but that's easily fixable by removing the boards ass from the coffers and enlisting a good agency.

I see many still believe that Laudrup was an innocent angel who has been desperately unlucky to get the heave ho numerous times from various clubs for off pitch issues.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry wants it then on 08:44 - Apr 1 with 809 viewsfbreath

Garry wants it then on 07:24 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

I see many still believe that Laudrup was an innocent angel who has been desperately unlucky to get the heave ho numerous times from various clubs for off pitch issues.

Judge a man by the company he keeps

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Garry wants it then on 08:57 - Apr 1 with 797 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dr W. If something came out to support that fact then it may have been justified. There is precious little to suggest that only an apparent willingness to cough up the compo ML wants.

The company he keeps? I would hardly call Nadal a Columbian drugs baron. Even the agent is nothing more than a misguided fool.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Garry wants it then on 09:07 - Apr 1 with 790 viewsItchySphincter

Garry wants it then on 17:12 - Mar 31 by Spratty

Got to feel shafted if you come to a club for half wages because of the manager and they sack the manager, especially if replacement does not exactly rock your world.

Suppose same applies when manager promises to stay and you stay for that reason.

Thank goodness these players are professionals.

It takes a lot of balls to stand up and be counted (especially if you are new and not a bolshy club or team Captain). If this is true I think he is doing it for the good of our club so we can get the sort of manager who will help us crack on.

Darran didn't you say only Pabs wanted Laudrup to stay FACT?

Think how attractive Laudrup could have been to players if they actually liked and respected him.

Dear me.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Garry wants it then on 09:08 - Apr 1 with 789 viewsJackSomething

Garry wants it then on 21:17 - Mar 31 by Starsky

While you daydream about beating Bradford 5-0 in the cup final, I am shuddering at what we'd become when losing to West Ham away.
Spratty... Our centenary season was our best ever... FACT.
However, towards the end of his tenure, he and the Swans relationship had run it's course and he had to go... FACT.

Well said. It's unfortunate that many, for whatever reason, have to take up the cudgels against either the club or ML rather than just accept he'd done a fantastic job initially, but had to go in the end.

Whether the club had prepared sufficiently for his departure is another question entirely.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Garry wants it then on 10:04 - Apr 1 with 762 viewsperchrockjack

Id like t support Dwight here. Im not sure he meant to call people wanting Monk to be permanent manager as idiots just their opinion he should be such. He s used a poor choice of phrase . Ive said many time -people who think ----- are d1ickheads which was not taken the wrong way and fair enough .

I wont mind if he s given the job so long as he gets in a really experienced coach of the highest quality to improve and develop players.

If Monk keeps us up he will have done IMO the best job done at our club for many moons .To stay up in this tortuous, injury ravaged season with a disinterested man at the helm would be remarkable.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry wants it then on 17:51 - Apr 1 with 698 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 09:07 - Apr 1 by ItchySphincter

Dear me.

OK getting creepy now please stop stalking me
Garry wants it then on 17:57 - Apr 1 with 690 viewsOldjack

Garry wants it then on 17:51 - Apr 1 by Spratty

OK getting creepy now please stop stalking me

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-s-Jonjo-Shelvey-t-speak-hig If the players give him the nod and we stay up ,my monies on Monks getting the job next term
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 17:58]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Garry wants it then on 17:59 - Apr 1 with 688 viewsVetchitBack

Is this the same DwightYorkeSuperstar who takes up half the forum lecturing other posters on the difference between debate and personal insults then calls everyone who disagrees with him an idiot?

Beyond parody.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Garry wants it then on 18:05 - Apr 1 with 681 viewsScoobyWho

Garry wants it then on 17:12 - Mar 31 by cockneyswan

I think GM could be a good Swans manager (considering our resources), he knows our club inside out. He has served his apprenticeship under two of the most successful Prem managers ( Martinez and BR). We have done the foreign managers ML and Souza, wasn’t great was it? When Martinez came in many said (including me ) he was the wrong man (no experience), thankfully we were proved wrong. GM will inevitably make some mistakes he is still learning. Liverpool’s most successful period was when they only promoted from within the club (Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan).
Personally I really hope GM gets a chance at the job we should be rewarding loyalty.

He needs to understand football strategies, group dynamics and people plus footnall income generation and youth set ups, he needs experience in running a top flight club and 'qualifications' to do so. He needs contacts across the globe and an abilty to have the respect of players coming to the club based on managerial and coaching ability. He has none of these things.

He may well in the future, but this is Swansea, it must not hsppen.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry wants it then on 18:07 - Apr 1 with 676 viewsSpratty

Garry wants it then on 17:34 - Mar 31 by cockneyswan

When the chips were down ML pis*ed off to Paris, not what we needed. I agree he was good, but for whatever reason he seemed to lose interest, were were "sleepwalking into relegation.

GM will work tirelessly for the Swans.

Paris was a lie made up to discredit ML.

Can the same be said about reports that the players official jolly (a few days before we blew our home game to one of the most out of form teams in the PL) turned into such a P1ssup that players were vomiting on the bus home?

Sleepwalking into relegation - stats say not. In fact even with massive key injuries and 50% more loaded fixture than now and staying in cups ML's results were almost identical to last year (our most successful in the PL)

GM will work tirelessly for Swans - I am sure he will and doubt there is a single trainee manager who would not given the same exceptional opportunity with a great PL team plus Europe and the FA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024