Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? 19:10 - Apr 1 with 7163 viewsdalestats

Poll: Remain in the eu

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 21:38 - Apr 2 with 4168 viewsmacro

Lib dems polling well then!
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 21:51 - Apr 2 with 4143 viewsR17ALE

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 21:38 - Apr 2 by macro

Lib dems polling well then!

I thought that too! In a town steeped in Liberal history, it's astonishing that no-one has voted for them.

Even more astonishing is that 4/10 voters want to return to Labour. I don't think many people quite grasp how damaging Labour are to this country. They seem to exist to attack the "privileged" without realising that the "privileged" are the ones who create the jobs and prosperity for others.

The saying is: Never kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 21:52]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:02 - Apr 2 with 4056 viewsYadHoDale

Diluted.

So the rich invest in the UK and create jobs?

No money whatsoever invested in foreign sweat shops, offshore bank accounts, mansions and yachts?
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 09:10 - Apr 3 with 3957 viewsR17ALE

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:02 - Apr 2 by YadHoDale

Diluted.

So the rich invest in the UK and create jobs?

No money whatsoever invested in foreign sweat shops, offshore bank accounts, mansions and yachts?

Yes to your first question. Hammer them and they go elsewhere.

If people do well and get on, why can't they live in a mansion and own a yacht? Good luck to them I say.

Whilst I also think the banking sector stinks, it's also worth remembering it's one of the country's largest employment sectors and, I think I read somewhere, provides 7% of the country's gross tax receipts. Labour will go after the bankers which will be popular amongst most, but it could be a case of be careful what you wish for.

If diluted means trying to look at things from all angles, then I'm guilty your honour!

EDIT: Just to point out that football is one industry where tax evasion is rife. Top players have crafty agents who ensure players image rights company (off shore) earns most of his salary and pays less tax etc.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 9:17]

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 09:56 - Apr 3 with 3920 viewselectricblue

Anybody watch farage put another nail into cleggs wooden box last night.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 10:13 - Apr 3 with 3913 viewsColDale

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 09:56 - Apr 3 by electricblue

Anybody watch farage put another nail into cleggs wooden box last night.....

Clegg obviously fancied his chances at a TV debate having done quite well at them last time round. Will be interesting to see how long it takes the LibDems to recover from the coalition. Any positives from it will be deemed as being down to the Tories, and few Lib Dem supporters could come up with any real difference their little bit of power has had. Strikes me that the vast majority of their core support see Clegg as merely propping up a Tory government and like R17 mentions, a town with traditional Liberal support has seen them all but destroyed at local level.

Be interesting to see what impact this has on the General Election as its left it pretty much as a straight dog fight between Tories and Labour. A two horse race is going to be much more difficult to predict than what the opinion polls say.
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 15:08 - Apr 3 with 3822 viewszxcvbnm

It'll be affected by the UKIP protest vote in places and whether the UKIP vote will steal voters from the Tories, Labour or both.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 15:29 - Apr 3 with 3810 viewselectricblue

Do UKIP have enough canidates first to steal votes....
Then if they do have enough who do they take the most votes from in the top two parties..
Come May 2015 will we see UKIP as the third party and pushed the libdems to one side....i think so..
But i cant see UKIP making any in roads on the tories or labour for at least 20yrs by then farage will not be the ukip leader and then their support will have waned some what....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 16:23 - Apr 3 with 3786 views49thseason

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 21:51 - Apr 2 by R17ALE

I thought that too! In a town steeped in Liberal history, it's astonishing that no-one has voted for them.

Even more astonishing is that 4/10 voters want to return to Labour. I don't think many people quite grasp how damaging Labour are to this country. They seem to exist to attack the "privileged" without realising that the "privileged" are the ones who create the jobs and prosperity for others.

The saying is: Never kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 21:52]

Interesting fact cropped up in PMQs yesterday:
No Labour Government has EVER left office with employment higher than when elected. Says it all really.
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 16:53 - Apr 3 with 3761 viewsBirchy915

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 15:29 - Apr 3 by electricblue

Do UKIP have enough canidates first to steal votes....
Then if they do have enough who do they take the most votes from in the top two parties..
Come May 2015 will we see UKIP as the third party and pushed the libdems to one side....i think so..
But i cant see UKIP making any in roads on the tories or labour for at least 20yrs by then farage will not be the ukip leader and then their support will have waned some what....

UKIP are standing in every ward in Rochdale I believe.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 18:42 - Apr 3 with 3709 viewsR17ALE

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 16:23 - Apr 3 by 49thseason

Interesting fact cropped up in PMQs yesterday:
No Labour Government has EVER left office with employment higher than when elected. Says it all really.

Yes, you're right! It's another skeleton in their grubby cupboard! And with higher un-employment comes bigger Welfare bills, which brings increased taxes and borrowing. Many of you won't be self employed, but a legacy of Labour is that those who are, have to pay taxes up front up to 12 months before you've earned it. From memory, the last Labour lot realised they had a black hole to fill and came after the business owners getting us to contribute 12 months before your average worker. It's a bit like a football club selling season tickets in Spring so they can survive until June. And when they'd frittered that money away, national borrowing increased.

I like to think of it in this analogy!

Labour spend beyond their means, borrow and look like going into Admin - everything we hate about the Admin Clubs.

Conservatives live within their means trying to be as frugal as possible. We won't win a trophy, but we will be honest - everything we admire the Dale for!

So a vote for Labour = a vote for bury!!!

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 18:59 - Apr 3 with 3695 viewsmacro

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 18:42 - Apr 3 by R17ALE

Yes, you're right! It's another skeleton in their grubby cupboard! And with higher un-employment comes bigger Welfare bills, which brings increased taxes and borrowing. Many of you won't be self employed, but a legacy of Labour is that those who are, have to pay taxes up front up to 12 months before you've earned it. From memory, the last Labour lot realised they had a black hole to fill and came after the business owners getting us to contribute 12 months before your average worker. It's a bit like a football club selling season tickets in Spring so they can survive until June. And when they'd frittered that money away, national borrowing increased.

Labour spend beyond their means, borrow and look like going into Admin - everything we hate about the Admin Clubs.

Conservatives live within their means trying to be as frugal as possible. We won't win a trophy, but we will be honest - everything we admire the Dale for!

To be honest they are all as bad as one another. They all make mistakes and all tend to have their own self interests at heart. I don't trust the Tories one iota but labour are just as bad. Both parties back track and twist and turn but in reality they are like the last page of animal farm. In other words they look at each other and can't tell each other apart.
Ukip are ignorant and are legitimising racism. The liberals are wet and toothless.

Good riddance to all of them
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 19:03 - Apr 3 with 3690 viewsSuddenLad

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 18:59 - Apr 3 by macro

To be honest they are all as bad as one another. They all make mistakes and all tend to have their own self interests at heart. I don't trust the Tories one iota but labour are just as bad. Both parties back track and twist and turn but in reality they are like the last page of animal farm. In other words they look at each other and can't tell each other apart.
Ukip are ignorant and are legitimising racism. The liberals are wet and toothless.

So which of them gets your vote then ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 19:39 - Apr 3 with 3661 viewsBrierls

I don't understand politics. Which party should I vote for to keep a bigger chunk of my £200,000pa salary?
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 20:59 - Apr 3 with 3628 viewsToffeemanc

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 19:39 - Apr 3 by Brierls

I don't understand politics. Which party should I vote for to keep a bigger chunk of my £200,000pa salary?

It doesn't matter who you vote for, you'll still get the government and get shafted one way or another.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 22:00 - Apr 3 with 3589 viewsYadHoDale

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 18:42 - Apr 3 by R17ALE

So where in your football analogy does the Tory* prediliction for flogging off public assets (schools, hospitals, public buildings, etc) to their mates and then hiring them back via increased indirect taxation fit in?

Sounds very Stockport Countyish to me!

*Tory in this case includes the slimy war-criminal Blair, who shared most of their more unpleasant proclivities.
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 22:27 - Apr 3 with 3573 views49thseason

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 22:00 - Apr 3 by YadHoDale

So where in your football analogy does the Tory* prediliction for flogging off public assets (schools, hospitals, public buildings, etc) to their mates and then hiring them back via increased indirect taxation fit in?

Sounds very Stockport Countyish to me!

*Tory in this case includes the slimy war-criminal Blair, who shared most of their more unpleasant proclivities.

But when you see how much money is wasted these numbers are relatively small and its been going on for decades.

https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/home/2013/06/bumper-book-government-waste-expo
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:22 - Apr 3 with 3534 viewsmodelboydave

Good analogy.

Reminds me of a girl I know. About 8 years ago she was dating a bloke called tony, he was a bit slimy so she dumped him for a bloke called Gordon. He wasn't much better and ended up bankrupting her, got her saddled with loads of debt. Sold off her old age pension. She also had lots of gold , he pinched this and flogged it down the market at cut price. Gordon lived well beyond his means and left her in an awful mess. She saw the light in 2010 and got rid if him.

Soon after she met a bloke called Dave, at first she didn't trust him , but eventually he helped her out and got her finances back in order. Gave her a plan to get out of her debt. She now has a bit more money in her pocket and trusts Dave to do the right thing. Ok Dave's not perfect. But he does his best.

Anyway here is where the story gets weird. A few years later her ex got back in touch, despite ruining her life, he said he had changed , a new man, he had even changed his name , ed they called him . All that pain , all that heartbreak. He wanted another chance.

Would you let ed back in your life ??

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:34 - Apr 3 with 3520 viewsD_Alien

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 18:59 - Apr 3 by macro

" The liberals are wet and toothless. "

Sounds like the perfect fanny

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:42 - Apr 3 with 3507 viewsYadHoDale

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 22:27 - Apr 3 by 49thseason

But when you see how much money is wasted these numbers are relatively small and its been going on for decades.

https://www.taxpayersalliance.com/home/2013/06/bumper-book-government-waste-expo

Quoting the Tax Dodgers' Alliance?

As a wholly owned subsidiary of the window-licking, only-allowed-to-use-felt-tips-under-supervision wing of the Tory party - in the words of Mandy Rice-Davies "they would say that, wouldn't they".
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 12:10 - Apr 4 with 3418 views49thseason

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:42 - Apr 3 by YadHoDale

Quoting the Tax Dodgers' Alliance?

As a wholly owned subsidiary of the window-licking, only-allowed-to-use-felt-tips-under-supervision wing of the Tory party - in the words of Mandy Rice-Davies "they would say that, wouldn't they".

If your rather colourful language means that the TPA is supported by some of the same people who donate to the Conservative party then you would be correct. However, its unlikely that any of the trade unions that prop up Labour would donate to an organisation dedicated to reducing wasteful public spending isn't it?

The thing is its my (and presumeably yours) money that is being wasted and misspent at an appalling rate by governments of all hues and if no one bothered to take them to task its not going to improve is it? And its happening at all levels of government. For example, is 1 Riverside a great investment of £50m when it was recently valued at less than half of that and another £28m is written off in Rochdale's books?
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 14:05 - Apr 4 with 3382 viewsYadHoDale

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 12:10 - Apr 4 by 49thseason

If your rather colourful language means that the TPA is supported by some of the same people who donate to the Conservative party then you would be correct. However, its unlikely that any of the trade unions that prop up Labour would donate to an organisation dedicated to reducing wasteful public spending isn't it?

The thing is its my (and presumeably yours) money that is being wasted and misspent at an appalling rate by governments of all hues and if no one bothered to take them to task its not going to improve is it? And its happening at all levels of government. For example, is 1 Riverside a great investment of £50m when it was recently valued at less than half of that and another £28m is written off in Rochdale's books?

While you laud the independence of the TPA, I have my doubts.

You have your doubts about the Trade Unions - fair enough, although the latter have a history of highlighting the money wasted on such Tory/New Labour scams as PFI initiatives, Academy schools, gold-plated contracts for "consultants", and so on. I suspect at an individual level there's a remarkable similarity of views between a dedicated TPA member and a committed trade unionist.

And you're 100% right about #1 Riverside, built under a PFI scheme of the usual nature where the developer snaffles fees and rent, but is subsidised against any losses by the taxpayer.
YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 20:49 - Apr 4 with 3326 viewszxcvbnm

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 23:22 - Apr 3 by modelboydave

Good analogy.

Reminds me of a girl I know. About 8 years ago she was dating a bloke called tony, he was a bit slimy so she dumped him for a bloke called Gordon. He wasn't much better and ended up bankrupting her, got her saddled with loads of debt. Sold off her old age pension. She also had lots of gold , he pinched this and flogged it down the market at cut price. Gordon lived well beyond his means and left her in an awful mess. She saw the light in 2010 and got rid if him.

Soon after she met a bloke called Dave, at first she didn't trust him , but eventually he helped her out and got her finances back in order. Gave her a plan to get out of her debt. She now has a bit more money in her pocket and trusts Dave to do the right thing. Ok Dave's not perfect. But he does his best.

Anyway here is where the story gets weird. A few years later her ex got back in touch, despite ruining her life, he said he had changed , a new man, he had even changed his name , ed they called him . All that pain , all that heartbreak. He wanted another chance.

Would you let ed back in your life ??

I'd get rid of dave and gormless george

Poll: Best loanee keeper

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 21:38 - Apr 4 with 3291 viewsR17ALE

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 14:05 - Apr 4 by YadHoDale

While you laud the independence of the TPA, I have my doubts.

You have your doubts about the Trade Unions - fair enough, although the latter have a history of highlighting the money wasted on such Tory/New Labour scams as PFI initiatives, Academy schools, gold-plated contracts for "consultants", and so on. I suspect at an individual level there's a remarkable similarity of views between a dedicated TPA member and a committed trade unionist.

And you're 100% right about #1 Riverside, built under a PFI scheme of the usual nature where the developer snaffles fees and rent, but is subsidised against any losses by the taxpayer.

This is a cross into the box. You are Lyndon, Matt Dickens is the keeper!

I know you are left of centre and I am right of centre.

I'm open to debate. I could change my open mind.

Persuade me! In less than 300 words why Britain would be better off under Labour after the next election.

Other notable lefties like Col, Dale Pea, Dorset, anyone, are equally welcome to contribute. I expect any answers to encompass domestic and foreign policy and especially an economic argument, as to what Labour bring to the table as opposed to what the Conservatives bring to the table.

I look forward to some interesting views.

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 22:00 - Apr 4 with 3278 viewsTalkingSutty

YouGov have been in touch with me - Next General Election - Who'd you vote for? on 21:38 - Apr 4 by R17ALE

This is a cross into the box. You are Lyndon, Matt Dickens is the keeper!

I know you are left of centre and I am right of centre.

I'm open to debate. I could change my open mind.

Persuade me! In less than 300 words why Britain would be better off under Labour after the next election.

Other notable lefties like Col, Dale Pea, Dorset, anyone, are equally welcome to contribute. I expect any answers to encompass domestic and foreign policy and especially an economic argument, as to what Labour bring to the table as opposed to what the Conservatives bring to the table.

I look forward to some interesting views.

It could be a long wait.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024