Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki 11:13 - Apr 6 with 7124 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-Ki-Sung-Yueng-big-role-Swanse

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ki on 11:15 - Apr 6 with 4708 viewsAngelRangelQS

It's all a bit academic seeing as Monk won't be in charge next season
Ki on 11:17 - Apr 6 with 4692 viewsDarran

Ki on 11:15 - Apr 6 by AngelRangelQS

If.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ki on 11:19 - Apr 6 with 4676 viewsQuakerJack

Unfortunately I think he will be.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ki on 11:19 - Apr 6 with 4673 viewsDr_Winston

Wouldn't be so sure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki on 11:20 - Apr 6 with 4660 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ki on 11:19 - Apr 6 by QuakerJack

Unfortunately I think he will be.

Unfortunately so do I.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ki on 11:23 - Apr 6 with 4634 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd be amazed if he was - I just can't see any justification for it.

Getting Ki back leaves me pretty underwhelmed too. I'd ship him out somewhere
Ki on 11:24 - Apr 6 with 4624 viewsNOTRAC

He is a definite for sale as far as I am concerned.With only one year left on his contract we would have to renegotiate a new deal. I'd much rather have the money.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Ki on 11:28 - Apr 6 with 4599 viewsQuakerJack

Ki on 11:23 - Apr 6 by AngelRangelQS

I'd be amazed if he was - I just can't see any justification for it.

Getting Ki back leaves me pretty underwhelmed too. I'd ship him out somewhere

Nor can I, but I suspect the club will use the "he kept us up" excuse.

I do hold onto hope that Jenkins has always been quite visionary in his manager selections but I think the very decision to put him in there in the first place tells you that for whatever reason, old pals, jobs for the boys, he's the man they want in there, easy to control as well.

Personally, my two would be Paul Clement (great shout Darran) or Uwe Rossler IF Wigan don't go up. Very intelligent bloke and tactically very astute.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Ki on 11:30 - Apr 6 with 4583 viewsQuakerJack

As for Ki, if we can get our money back or profit, then sell. Otherwise bring him back in and who knows what he'll be like in a different role. Personally I'd try and sell tho

Ki on 11:38 - Apr 6 with 4538 viewsDr_Winston

Ki on 11:28 - Apr 6 by QuakerJack

Nor can I, but I suspect the club will use the "he kept us up" excuse.

I do hold onto hope that Jenkins has always been quite visionary in his manager selections but I think the very decision to put him in there in the first place tells you that for whatever reason, old pals, jobs for the boys, he's the man they want in there, easy to control as well.

Personally, my two would be Paul Clement (great shout Darran) or Uwe Rossler IF Wigan don't go up. Very intelligent bloke and tactically very astute.

If Monk was that "easy to control" then Emnes would be in the squad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ki on 11:50 - Apr 6 with 4472 viewsGTCJack

Interesting quote:

"He might not have suited one manager, but it doesn't mean he won't suit the next manager. For me, I think he is a very good player who could play a key role for Swansea."

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-Ki-Sung-Yueng-big-role-Swanse

Maybe I'm optimistically reading too much into it, but the use of 'next manager' got me thinking.
Ki on 12:11 - Apr 6 with 4410 viewsQuakerJack

Ki on 11:38 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Maybe. I think Emnes and ngog were pawns in a game of chicken between laudrup and Jenkins.

Ki on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 4383 viewsDr_Winston

Ki on 12:11 - Apr 6 by QuakerJack

Maybe. I think Emnes and ngog were pawns in a game of chicken between laudrup and Jenkins.

I just think it's a bit disrespectful of Monk that so many people seem to think he's nothing but a Jenkins puppet. Like I said the other day, being easier to work with than a stroppy, disinterested Dane does not make you a yes man.

The club want him to get the job long term because they want to produce our own managers as well as our own players. I suspect we'll see the likes of Leon and Rangel join the coaching staff in the years to come with a view to being groomed to take control. It's not an approach I think is particularly necessary, but it looks like it's the one we're taking.

Ki on 12:24 - Apr 6 with 4364 viewsicecoldjack

If Ki returns Monk will have to pick his contractually obliged 20 games a season carefully, he will be 3rd choice attacking midfielder and at least second choice behind leon and canas in centre mid .

Do the 20 games a season include pre-season friendlies ?

I quite like Ki but he is just an average Joe player for me, JDG is far better and id try to keep him instead .
Ki on 12:32 - Apr 6 with 4330 viewsDr_Winston

Ki on 12:24 - Apr 6 by icecoldjack

If Ki returns Monk will have to pick his contractually obliged 20 games a season carefully, he will be 3rd choice attacking midfielder and at least second choice behind leon and canas in centre mid .

Do the 20 games a season include pre-season friendlies ?

I quite like Ki but he is just an average Joe player for me, JDG is far better and id try to keep him instead .

The choice between Ki and JdG is no choice at all.

Sell Ki. Use the money to sign JdG. Simple.

Ki on 12:34 - Apr 6 with 4317 viewsLiam12345

if sunderland go down which is extremely likely then they probably wont be able to afford him so where would he go then

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Ki on 12:37 - Apr 6 with 4301 viewsDr_Winston

Ki on 12:34 - Apr 6 by Liam12345

if sunderland go down which is extremely likely then they probably wont be able to afford him so where would he go then

Somewhere else.

Ki on 12:41 - Apr 6 with 4287 viewspencoedjack

Ki on 12:32 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Totally agree.
Ki on 15:17 - Apr 6 with 4046 viewsskippyjack

We need Ki.. He can be our Michael Carrick.. If you've watched Man Utd and Carrick in the last 8 years.. they've won 5 league titles.. and in many games Utd have had to grind games out. You see Michael Carrick as a very average non attacking run of the mill player.. but Alex Ferguson sees different.. and I see different. I like to call these players tickers.. when your team isn't performing well and can't find any rhythm or balance.. The ticker (Ki) keeps going.. he simply finds space in midfield.. receives the ball under pressure and keeps it ticking (therefore settling the team down to keep it moving)... West Brom 2nd half we got sloppy.. panicked and lost our rhythm in the game.. now Hull away.. we kept gunting it anywhere and had no control of the game for most parts and got frustrated.. if you watch Games of last season when Ki was in the team.. you'll see it.. and if you'll watch Utd games in the last 8 years while not playing well and nicking it in the last 20.. watch Michael Carrick throughout the game and compare him to Ki.. I don't think Laudrup saw what Ki was doing right.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ki on 15:28 - Apr 6 with 3998 viewsIAN05

Ki on 11:38 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

When have the board ever appointed an 'easy to control manager'. ?

Anyone who knows anything about our history of managers can see that that comment is nonsense.
Ki on 15:39 - Apr 6 with 3965 viewsairedale

Ki on 15:17 - Apr 6 by skippyjack

We need Ki.. He can be our Michael Carrick.. If you've watched Man Utd and Carrick in the last 8 years.. they've won 5 league titles.. and in many games Utd have had to grind games out. You see Michael Carrick as a very average non attacking run of the mill player.. but Alex Ferguson sees different.. and I see different. I like to call these players tickers.. when your team isn't performing well and can't find any rhythm or balance.. The ticker (Ki) keeps going.. he simply finds space in midfield.. receives the ball under pressure and keeps it ticking (therefore settling the team down to keep it moving)... West Brom 2nd half we got sloppy.. panicked and lost our rhythm in the game.. now Hull away.. we kept gunting it anywhere and had no control of the game for most parts and got frustrated.. if you watch Games of last season when Ki was in the team.. you'll see it.. and if you'll watch Utd games in the last 8 years while not playing well and nicking it in the last 20.. watch Michael Carrick throughout the game and compare him to Ki.. I don't think Laudrup saw what Ki was doing right.

I think that if Lionel Messi fell out with Laudrup he'd have been sent to Sunderland too.
Ki on 15:41 - Apr 6 with 3952 viewsCatullus

Ki on 12:32 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

I've already said a few times, use Ki as makeweight to keep JDG's price down.
And on your comment about us grooming our own managers, it's a boot room tactic like Liverpool had when they were very successful. If we can make it work it would be very beneficial to us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ki on 15:41 - Apr 6 with 3952 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ki on 15:17 - Apr 6 by skippyjack

Your description of Carrick is a description of what Leon Britton has been doing for us for years.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ki on 15:41 - Apr 6 with 3949 viewsNOTRAC

If Ki is a ticker then our time in the Premiership is up!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Ki on 15:44 - Apr 6 with 3939 viewsDr_Winston

Ki on 15:41 - Apr 6 by Catullus

I've already said a few times, use Ki as makeweight to keep JDG's price down.
And on your comment about us grooming our own managers, it's a boot room tactic like Liverpool had when they were very successful. If we can make it work it would be very beneficial to us.

Game has changed an awful lot since the bootroom. It's a nice idea, but not something that we particularly need to do. The fresh impetus provided by a new face at the helm has been one of the key drivers in our advancement over the last few years, and I'd be wary of locking ourselves into a certain way of doing things. That leads to the risk of going stale and running out of ideas.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024