Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what to do about rob green? 09:28 - May 30 with 3996 viewsHollowayRanger

was a star for us this season and good enough for prem

but out of contract

do we rehire him now or risk someone else stealing him away from us

we really need to unload cesar quickly as i cant see us keeping both on those wages but cesar wont budge till after world cup at the eariest ,will green wait around that long or want his own future settled as soon as possible

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

what to do about rob green? on 09:17 - May 31 with 695 viewsCHUBBS

He will be offered a new contract at a reduced level if we can get rid of Cesar so we'd better all hope he has a decent world cup.
I think he's a decent goal keeper but is still prone to glaring errors and is getting on so i can't see other clubs queuing up for him.
I hope he accepts the reduced terms but if offered a little more else where i wouldn't be surprised to see him stay as he seems to love it here now.
what to do about rob green? on 13:05 - May 31 with 639 viewsqprmick

He is 34 potentially got another 6 years ahead of him. Pay him what he is worth before someone else does.

Qprmick

what to do about rob green? on 14:00 - May 31 with 630 viewsFDC

Keep him! Currently we have a fairly experienced, harmonious squad. We should be looking to retain the core of that and adding youth and pace to it. Plus Green's being playing well.

People really seem to have got used to this "buy a whole new team every transfer window" policy as if it's the normal thing to do.
what to do about rob green? on 14:27 - May 31 with 623 viewsBklynRanger

If they're going to keep Green they'll have to take a bit of a financial gamble over Cesar having a good World Cup and then moving on. But I think they should do it anyway, he'd be a bigger loss than we might realise at this moment.
what to do about rob green? on 15:37 - May 31 with 612 viewsHantsR

Really we should try to keep him. Surely we have learnt that a core 'band of brothers' is essential to survive, let alone thrive in the Premiership. Like him or not, errors or not he looks like he feels he belongs with us. I like him anyway and would be happy to keep him here. I really don't want Cesar and hope he gets off our books asap. Hopefully we will also have learnt that we can't pay daft wages anymore and trust that Green will be retained on a contract that suits him and us.
what to do about rob green? on 17:55 - May 31 with 582 viewsnadera78

It's all very well saying keep Green, he's a good keeper, band of brothers, etc, etc, but the reality is we're paying out £5million a year on two goal keepers. That is not only crazy, it's completely unsustainable. It's one or the other, we can't keep both.

The only way we can keep Green is if Cesar leaves, and there's been precious little sign of that happening. Even then I'd still be offering Green less than he's currently earning, he's not worth 50K a week and no one else will pay him that much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024