Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandy Lane 15:57 - Oct 4 with 3630 viewsGhanaDale

Out of all hot food 5 minutes into half time.
How much money must we lose out on each week?

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Sandy Lane (n/t) on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 3598 viewssince58

Sandy Lane on 16:03 - Oct 4 with 3592 viewssince58

I thought it was franchised out maybe I'm wrong.
Sandy Lane on 16:15 - Oct 4 with 3565 viewsalderleydale

Sandy Lane on 16:03 - Oct 4 by since58

I thought it was franchised out maybe I'm wrong.

Good holiday 58??
Sandy Lane on 16:25 - Oct 4 with 3530 viewssince58

Great up to now hoping for a second half like last week. Come on the dale!!!
Sandy Lane on 18:05 - Oct 4 with 3356 viewssandylaner1

No hotdogs or fanta either
Sandy Lane on 18:48 - Oct 4 with 3242 viewsSuddenLad

Sandy Lane on 18:05 - Oct 4 by sandylaner1

No hotdogs or fanta either

Cafe in main stand was shut 15 minutes into the second half. Piss poor management.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sandy Lane on 19:06 - Oct 4 with 3181 viewsrod_leach

Sandy Lane on 18:48 - Oct 4 by SuddenLad

Cafe in main stand was shut 15 minutes into the second half. Piss poor management.

Why would you want to go to the cafe 15 mins into the second half? 30 mins to last without eating or drinking isn't too hard when you are there to watch the football, surely? I always though the cafe shut after half time anyway.
Sandy Lane on 20:12 - Oct 4 with 3067 viewsSuddenLad

Sandy Lane on 19:06 - Oct 4 by rod_leach

Why would you want to go to the cafe 15 mins into the second half? 30 mins to last without eating or drinking isn't too hard when you are there to watch the football, surely? I always though the cafe shut after half time anyway.

I wanted a cold drink. Is that OK ? I went to the refreshment hut towards the end of half time and the queue was back past the gents toilet and almost level with the turnstiles. I decided to return when the queue had died down. Unfortunately by the time I re-visited, the shutters were drawn down. It was a little past 4.15.

Whatever the reason for my visit, I happen to think that it's piss poor. Surely the caterers are engaged to supply refreshments throughout the game, to the supporters. ? If not, they should display a sign saying so.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Sandy Lane on 21:08 - Oct 4 with 2961 viewsnordenblue

Sandy Lane on 20:12 - Oct 4 by SuddenLad

I wanted a cold drink. Is that OK ? I went to the refreshment hut towards the end of half time and the queue was back past the gents toilet and almost level with the turnstiles. I decided to return when the queue had died down. Unfortunately by the time I re-visited, the shutters were drawn down. It was a little past 4.15.

Whatever the reason for my visit, I happen to think that it's piss poor. Surely the caterers are engaged to supply refreshments throughout the game, to the supporters. ? If not, they should display a sign saying so.

The whole catering service is terrible add that to the ridiculously priced drinks in the bar and the under staffing and it makes for a very poor experience for supporters.
Couldn't make the game today but i remember thinking a few times recently if it wasn't for the habit of watching football there for years, i wouldn't have any intention of returning due to the matchday "experience".The club really are missing a trick but its been done to death on here
Sandy Lane on 21:09 - Oct 4 with 2961 viewsrod_leach

Sandy Lane on 20:12 - Oct 4 by SuddenLad

I go to watch the football. I don't think I've missed a minute of football in 40 years to go and get some food or drink so it just seems strange to me that someone would. Given that it may take 10 seconds to score a goal from nothing I have never taken the risk that I would. Is that OK?
Sandy Lane on 21:29 - Oct 4 with 2926 viewsD_Alien

Sandy Lane on 21:09 - Oct 4 by rod_leach

I go to watch the football. I don't think I've missed a minute of football in 40 years to go and get some food or drink so it just seems strange to me that someone would. Given that it may take 10 seconds to score a goal from nothing I have never taken the risk that I would. Is that OK?

Have to agree.

I'll never understand why anyone would pay £15/£18/£20 to watch a game of football then wander off whilst there's action on the pitch, except for some dire emergency. Anyone paying the adult price can surely plan their day so they aren't so desperate for food/drink?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sandy Lane on 21:31 - Oct 4 with 2916 viewsBingoballs

Chap in front of me in the TDS stand came back from the kiosk 10 minutes before half time with his pie, said they'd run out of peas and gravy, he wasn't a happy bunny.
Sandy Lane on 21:54 - Oct 4 with 2842 viewsnordenblue

Sandy Lane on 21:09 - Oct 4 by rod_leach

If people choose to have a drink at any point during the game surely thats their choice, the fact theres various places designed to sell such products beggars belief that they dont do the job they're there for not to mention the loss of potential revenue.
Sandy Lane on 23:10 - Oct 4 with 2750 viewsRosun

Try going to one of the events they have in the Ratcliffe Arms. 80's /90's night the other week as a case in point. Indifferent bar staff, queues longer than Ron Jeremy's cock

A pop up can bar in the smoking area would be a good idea.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sandy Lane on 23:25 - Oct 4 with 2736 viewsrod_leach

Sandy Lane on 21:54 - Oct 4 by nordenblue

If people choose to have a drink at any point during the game surely thats their choice, the fact theres various places designed to sell such products beggars belief that they dont do the job they're there for not to mention the loss of potential revenue.

Probably about £10 or less in the 2nd half because virtually everyone is there to watch the football. They wil be counting up and paying the staff who can then get away as there's not much point them staying around to serve less than 5 people
Sandy Lane (n/t) on 23:32 - Oct 4 with 2731 views1mark1

Sandy Lane on 23:10 - Oct 4 by Rosun

Try going to one of the events they have in the Ratcliffe Arms. 80's /90's night the other week as a case in point. Indifferent bar staff, queues longer than Ron Jeremy's cock

A pop up can bar in the smoking area would be a good idea.

This post has been edited by an administrator

[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 15:47]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Sandy Lane on 23:46 - Oct 4 with 2713 viewsRosun

Sandy Lane (n/t) on 23:32 - Oct 4 by 1mark1

[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 15:47]

Mark 1,I have done. Please do forward my findings to the management. It's met with blank stares and indifference. That old blond bar manageress is the worst of the bunch and she's in charge! Like I said, I memorise the serial numbers on the notes I hand over and don't have a problem when they short change me but when I tell them the serial number of the twenty spot I've given them and they give me change for a tenner then it's all apologies. I look like a bit of a piss head so I think they try to take advantage. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that.

I beat them at their own game these days by taking a hipflask in and just buying a diet coke. Stick it to the man who is ripping off the man.

I'll stick a go-pro on my head for the next home game and show you how they try to scam it.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 0:04]
Sandy Lane on 16:57 - Oct 5 with 2519 viewssandy_dale

Although it's not related to the food running out, more about money we lose out on each week, we have a perfect bar next to the ground (ratcliffe) that shuts at 6 each Saturday when quite frequently there are a number of people in there, especially when there is an evening game on. Two bar staff for two extra hours is paid for in 8 drinks. I often wonder who makes these decisions.
Sandy Lane on 19:39 - Oct 5 with 2432 viewsnordenblue

Sandy Lane on 23:25 - Oct 4 by rod_leach

Probably about £10 or less in the 2nd half because virtually everyone is there to watch the football. They wil be counting up and paying the staff who can then get away as there's not much point them staying around to serve less than 5 people

Im sure the threads about the catering in general and how crap it is for a home game? As previously mentioned there's also no hotdogs or fanta too, it's not a very difficult menu to fulfil id imagine, id hazard a guess the loss of revenue would equate to a touch above £10 for a full match but well never know as a club unless we try?
Sandy Lane on 17:01 - Oct 6 with 2303 viewsaleanddale

No excuse for cans of pop / confectionary or anything with a half decent shelf life. We should be looking at more products like this as a fall back when the hot food is all gone.

Pies - peas - hotdogs though i think its quite good managenent if we can run out at 4.05 just as the second half starts. There is no point in being overstocked and throwing waste food in a bin. Thats like throwing pound notes away.

They estimate the crowd - know approximately what % will have Hot food and order in accordingly. If they get caught short every week then i could understand the frustration but I think on the whole they get it almost right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024