Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract 09:01 - Oct 9 with 4576 viewsepaul

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swanseas-liverpool-tottenha

Striker who enjoyed a 25-goal debut season with the Swans still has two years left on his current deal but sounds in the mood to commit long-term

Swanning in: Bony admits he's been less effective than last season but still loves it at Swansea
Wilfried Bony is ready to sign a new deal at Swansea.

The Ivory Coast striker, who has two years left on his current contract, scored 25 goals last season, attracting summer transfer interest from Liverpool and Tottenham.

This season though, he has only found the net once so far in eight appearances.

“If I wanted to go, I would have done,” Bony claimed. “But there has never been anything other than speculation about the departure in Monaco, Liverpool or Tottenham.

"I’m fine in Swansea. It is even possible that I extend my contract.

"Admittedly, I have been less effective than last season, but I’m not worried. I play in a team that is ranked high, and there is less pressure on the attackers.

"People trust me, and for a striker, you know how it works. You might just need one or two goals to get going again.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swanseas-liverpool-tottenha
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:07 - Oct 9 with 3504 viewsicecoldjack

We would be mad not to extend his contract IMO.

He may only have one goal but his block against phil jones helped get us the win at united he had one cleared off the line at southampton and it took some world class saves to deny him hatrick against newcastle.

Nothing wrong with his performances, his goals will come .
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:20 - Oct 9 with 3475 viewshammy

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:07 - Oct 9 by icecoldjack

He may only have one goal but his block against phil jones helped get us the win at united he had one cleared off the line at southampton and it took some world class saves to deny him hatrick against newcastle.

Also, his one touch passing and taking opponents on has been much better so far this season.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:23 - Oct 9 with 3467 viewsmonmouth

The usual agent driven player bollux. Thinly veiled, 'look at me, remember me in january' in my view, whilst trying to see if he can milk a massive pay rise now from us.

No criticism implied. It's what I'd do if I were him or his agent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:04 - Oct 9 with 3384 viewsicecoldjack

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:23 - Oct 9 by monmouth

The usual agent driven player bollux. Thinly veiled, 'look at me, remember me in january' in my view, whilst trying to see if he can milk a massive pay rise now from us.

That's just the way it is these days i'm afraid to say.

Wilf has always said that he intends to play for a champions league club so i have no problem with any of that stuff, its all part of football, as long as he keeps performing he will get his rewards and everyone will be happy .
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:09 - Oct 9 with 3360 viewskopperburgjack

Even if he does sign a contract id be suprised If him and shelvey don't go at end of the season! Shelvey has also stated he wants an opportunity at a bigger club :(

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:21 - Oct 9 with 3318 viewsCliffTop

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:09 - Oct 9 by kopperburgjack

Even if he does sign a contract id be suprised If him and shelvey don't go at end of the season! Shelvey has also stated he wants an opportunity at a bigger club :(

Sorry, where has JJS said that? Haven't seen any quotes implying that.

Suspect Bony is looking for a payrise and to add in a buy out clause, it seems the rumours over the summer may have been more around enabling him to talk, not forcing the club in to a sale and therefore he wants to add one in.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:33 - Oct 9 with 3277 viewsNeathJack

I'd be disappointed if we had any players at the club who didn't want to play in the Champions League.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:50 - Oct 9 with 3219 viewsbluenile

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:21 - Oct 9 by CliffTop

Suspect Bony is looking for a payrise and to add in a buy out clause, it seems the rumours over the summer may have been more around enabling him to talk, not forcing the club in to a sale and therefore he wants to add one in.

The reason you haven't seen it is that it simply isn't true, as for the poster you responded to.............put up or shut up?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:59 - Oct 9 with 3192 viewssplJack

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:50 - Oct 9 by bluenile

The reason you haven't seen it is that it simply isn't true, as for the poster you responded to.............put up or shut up?

Watch the interview with Shelvey...
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 17:37 - Oct 9 with 2836 viewsSpratty

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:33 - Oct 9 by NeathJack

I'd be disappointed if we had any players at the club who didn't want to play in the Champions League.

I agree it would seem really petty to knock any of them for going for it when that opportunity presents itself - especially when they have contributed a lot to the club.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 17:45 - Oct 9 with 2810 viewsJamesJack

It's true. Check out the Swans Focus with Shelvey. He says there that he hopes his performances will be seen by the England manager and OTHER clubs. Why would he want other clubs to see his performances if he didn't intend to go?

As it's been said, it's all part of football. Rarely will a top player dream of one day playing for Swansea City. Nevertheless, we still manage to pick up the odd superstar here and there.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 17:52 - Oct 9 with 2794 viewsSpratty

“If I wanted to go, I would have done,”

I presume from what he and his manager have said in the past that he clearly wanted to go if a CL opportunity came up, fair enough but I suppose the reason he did not want to go was because it did not.

Love the headline but it does not actually reflect
"I’m fine in Swansea. It is even possible that I extend my contract.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 18:57 - Oct 9 with 2674 viewskopperburgjack

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 12:21 - Oct 9 by CliffTop

Check the video

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 18:58 - Oct 9 with 2666 viewskopperburgjack

Check the video. Put that in ur pipe and smoke it. Idiot
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 18:58]

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 18:58 - Oct 9 with 2664 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Quite ironic that we brought in a striker on far higher wages than Wilf who looks half the player Wilf is and now is likely the reason we'll have to give Wilf a payrise.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:35 - Oct 9 with 2601 viewsRancid

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:23 - Oct 9 by monmouth

Harsh but fair and true.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:40 - Oct 9 with 2579 viewsjack247

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 11:07 - Oct 9 by icecoldjack

In fairness, he probably deserves to be on par with Gomis, assuming he is top earner at the club.

If it is within our budget and we get to remove/increase the alleged buy out clause then everyone is a winner.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:43 - Oct 9 with 2569 viewsRancid

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 18:58 - Oct 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Quite ironic that we brought in a striker on far higher wages than Wilf who looks half the player Wilf is and now is likely the reason we'll have to give Wilf a payrise.

Does the name James Barnett mean anything to you, Dwight?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 19:44]
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:50 - Oct 9 with 2550 views_

Hahahahah wtf are you doing on here when you vowed to fack off???

So come on... off you pop... tara!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:55 - Oct 9 with 2526 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:43 - Oct 9 by Rancid

Does the name James Barnett mean anything to you, Dwight?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 19:44]

No.

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 20:40 - Oct 9 with 2420 viewsSpratty

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 19:50 - Oct 9 by _

Hahahahah wtf are you doing on here when you vowed to fack off???

So come on... off you pop... tara!!

It's all the rage the dramatic final exit and the inevitable return
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 21:04 - Oct 9 with 2356 viewsSpratty

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 18:58 - Oct 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

By this time last year Wilfried (“never played”) Bony, in the Premier League had:

- Played 319 minutes of PL games
- Played in every one of the PL game for which he was fit (missed I PL game with rib injury)
- Played an average of 53 minutes per Premier League game for which he was available
- Scored 1 PL goal.

This was in addition to playing a full game in almost every European game (a good way to bring him up to speed but obviously would to some extent limit his PL game time)

Wilf was very immobile initially (received special training to bring him up to PL fitness) and needing to fit into the team and vice versa.

Compare that to the PL game time Gomis has been given and consider that Gomis is much more athletic than Bony was when he came to us, so although still needing to fit into the team and vice versa, Gomis seems a more natural initial fit than Bony. He also does not have the advantage of European games.

In fact by this time last season Wilf had played:

- A total of 839 minutes of competitive games.
- An average of 70 mins for every one of the 12 games for which he was available (one of those just returned from international duty) and many within days of each other. That is 5 games in August, 5 in September (plus his international duty) and 2 games in Oct up to the 6th.
(We had played 14 games but he missed 2 — one away on international duty — one rib injury)

Gomis indeed was brought in as a main striker and deserves to be given an equal opportunity to that that Bony was given. Obviously we are not lucky! enough to have Europe as a development tool but Gomis is currently only being given a small fraction of the PL opportunity that Bony was given when he too was not seamlessly fitting in at PL level.
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 00:21 - Oct 10 with 2223 viewsdameedna

What was saved on Gomis Capex will go into Bony Opex
Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 00:25 - Oct 10 with 2217 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 21:04 - Oct 9 by Spratty

By this time last year Wilfried (“never played”) Bony, in the Premier League had:

- Played 319 minutes of PL games
- Played in every one of the PL game for which he was fit (missed I PL game with rib injury)
- Played an average of 53 minutes per Premier League game for which he was available
- Scored 1 PL goal.

This was in addition to playing a full game in almost every European game (a good way to bring him up to speed but obviously would to some extent limit his PL game time)

Wilf was very immobile initially (received special training to bring him up to PL fitness) and needing to fit into the team and vice versa.

Compare that to the PL game time Gomis has been given and consider that Gomis is much more athletic than Bony was when he came to us, so although still needing to fit into the team and vice versa, Gomis seems a more natural initial fit than Bony. He also does not have the advantage of European games.

In fact by this time last season Wilf had played:

- A total of 839 minutes of competitive games.
- An average of 70 mins for every one of the 12 games for which he was available (one of those just returned from international duty) and many within days of each other. That is 5 games in August, 5 in September (plus his international duty) and 2 games in Oct up to the 6th.
(We had played 14 games but he missed 2 — one away on international duty — one rib injury)

Gomis indeed was brought in as a main striker and deserves to be given an equal opportunity to that that Bony was given. Obviously we are not lucky! enough to have Europe as a development tool but Gomis is currently only being given a small fraction of the PL opportunity that Bony was given when he too was not seamlessly fitting in at PL level.

It looks clear as to why Gomis has had very few call ups to the French national team despite them not being overwhelmingly blessed with world class strikers.

Wilfried Bony ready to sign new contract on 01:10 - Oct 10 with 2189 viewsswanduck

Giving Wilf a pay rise and either removing or seriously increasing the release clasue in his contract will benefit us in the long term (unless he turns shit)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024