Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? 18:27 - Oct 10 with 7907 viewsGlyn1

Naturally, I'd like all of Wales to be Swans supporters but the farther east you go, the more the towns and villages become mainly Cardiff supporters. Where do you think that the borderline currently is between places that are predominantly Swans or Bluebirds? Any chance of moving the border a little further east?

If you choose your club when you're a kid, and never change it throughout your lifetime, then 4 years in the PL isn't going to make a big difference, especially if our neighbours return to the PL next season and get the benefits of greater media coverage again.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:43 - Oct 11 with 1823 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:29 - Oct 11 by WxmJax

Incorrect.

In UK terms Manchester IS "massive". Yes, Sheffield is larger but as it is one of the largest cities in The UK then so what, the city of Manchester is STILL one of the largest cities in The UK. Ironically your put down of Jackforever is quite funny because you spend so much time in the neighbouring city of Salford yet think that a city with a population of over half a million is actually quite a small city. Guess you haven't lived there recently.

You are confusing large with massive. London is massive at around nine million, the city of Manchester, at around half a million, isn't.

Easy mistake. For a f*ckwit.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:45 - Oct 11 with 1815 viewsJackfath

I am always wondering how people draw the conclusions of their estimated %ages.

How on earth could people know these figures for areas?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 21:12 - Oct 11 with 1791 viewsheadcleaner

The truth is often a bit of a let down and the saying about empty vessels make more noise is certainly very true of this age old debate.

I'd say a big part of the reason port toilet and neaf is blue/red has to do with the steel works and Fords when people migrated west looking for work and being far from their roots they felt a greater longing for their hometown thus why they cling to being blue/red more loudly. The amount of people around the 60/40 age group are the ones who harp on about the blue/red whilst anyone under the age of 40 is 90% SCFC a lot of 40 somethings are toshack era jacks as well which is why we picked up loyal followers in East Wales cardiff areas.

the dinosaurs who grew up in football violence obsessed days (people now 40/50) are the ones who claim pt is blue because this is their mentality and they number 100 tops even if it was 200 heading east on a matchday is that really a large number in the big picture? I think not. If the dragons are claiming they get 1000+ on a matchday heading up to cardiff from a SA postcode area then I will eat my hat. Its a long peddled myth a bit like Loch Ness or sasquatch.

In a week you would be lucky to see 3 people in cardiff tops walking round SA postcode areas whereas you would see 100+ kids walking round in swans merch.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 21:24 - Oct 11 with 1782 viewsjackforever

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 18:12 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Lived there recently, have you?

It's actually quite a small city but Greater Manchester is huge. The outskirts, particularly to the north are mainly red as are the non-Liverpool parts of Cheshire and North Lancs.

Manchester is blue, as anyone who's lived there will tell you.

Ballucks.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 21:28 - Oct 11 with 1777 viewsmorningstar

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:45 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

I am always wondering how people draw the conclusions of their estimated %ages.

How on earth could people know these figures for areas?

I think 80-85% of people would agree with that.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 21:45 - Oct 11 with 1750 viewsjackforever

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:43 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

You are confusing large with massive. London is massive at around nine million, the city of Manchester, at around half a million, isn't.

So that's greater london not just the city of London? But not greater Manchester?

MANCHESTER IS RED admits Man City fan Jason Manfo…:

Laughable to even think that the worlds best supported club doesn't have support in its own city. Complete joke. As for living there no i haven't. But ive never lived in Cardiff either but still know the place is full of kents.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 22:06 - Oct 11 with 1728 viewsWxmJax

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:43 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Make your mind up will you.You began by saying that Manchester is actually a small city and berating someone about it but now you are saying that it's a large city. Large or small ? What's it to be ? You said yourself that you spend a lot of time in the city right next to it but cannot decide one way or another. So much for media.

Calling me a f*ckwit btw shows that you've lost the argument this time. Don't worry, you win some, you lose some. Just avoid the abuse. Have a good evening YJB.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 22:09 - Oct 11 with 1718 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 22:16 - Oct 11 with 1711 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 22:06 - Oct 11 by WxmJax

Make your mind up will you.You began by saying that Manchester is actually a small city and berating someone about it but now you are saying that it's a large city. Large or small ? What's it to be ? You said yourself that you spend a lot of time in the city right next to it but cannot decide one way or another. So much for media.

Calling me a f*ckwit btw shows that you've lost the argument this time. Don't worry, you win some, you lose some. Just avoid the abuse. Have a good evening YJB.

I refrained from using the term "relative" as I know you're from Wrexham and was afraid it might induce a sexual frenzy in your 50p boxer shorts.

I suppose anywhere with a branch of Boots is "massive" if you live in Wrexham...
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 22:29 - Oct 11 with 1682 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 21:45 - Oct 11 by jackforever

So that's greater london not just the city of London? But not greater Manchester?

MANCHESTER IS RED admits Man City fan Jason Manfo…:

Laughable to even think that the worlds best supported club doesn't have support in its own city. Complete joke. As for living there no i haven't. But ive never lived in Cardiff either but still know the place is full of kents.

The city of Manchester is one of ten cities and boroughs that make up the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester. Hope this clears it up for you.

Anyway, how do you think you'll do under Van Gaal this season?
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 23:42 - Oct 11 with 1609 viewsperchrockjack

Manchester population is hard to define mainly because of boundaries. The actual city centre is sizeable and bigger than than that if Sheffield. Leeds is also about the same size in population and Bradford not far behind. Liverpool s population is also just short of 500k although it's hard to gauge with so many boundary changes.

Hence manchester is a big city, as is Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford..

There we go..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 08:05 - Oct 12 with 1540 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 23:42 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

Manchester population is hard to define mainly because of boundaries. The actual city centre is sizeable and bigger than than that if Sheffield. Leeds is also about the same size in population and Bradford not far behind. Liverpool s population is also just short of 500k although it's hard to gauge with so many boundary changes.

Hence manchester is a big city, as is Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford..

There we go..

Where do we go exactly - Planet Perch?

I think you'll find that all ten boundaries within Greater Manchester are exactly defined - not sure why this makes it difficult to define the population of one of them...

The city of Manchester has a smaller population than Leeds, Sheffield and Bradford. Large, yes - "massive" when compared to London, nowhere near.

Still, you crack on..
[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 8:13]
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 08:26 - Oct 12 with 1527 viewsjack247

You have to hand it to Dwight. It only took him one line to hijack this thread and get people arguing over the size of Manchester
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 08:37 - Oct 12 with 1514 viewsItchySphincter

Every Manc I've ever met, and there's been plenty, is blue. It is not a huge city either, neither is Liverpool.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:10 - Oct 12 with 1478 viewsQuakerJack

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 20:41 - Oct 11 by magicdaps10

PT 80% Cardiff, absolutely classic estimation.

By all accounts it has always been a 50/50 split and then during the late nineties and early noughties there was a swing towards Cardiff, during the last 3/4 years there has been a massive swing back in favour towards Swansea.
Trouble with Cardiff fans in PT is that they are quick to shout their loyalties about being a head slappper whilst Swans fans here in PT are much quieter and go about being a swans fan less quietly. The amount of young kids wearing Swans tops to Cardiff tops today......................I would probably bring that 80% back into the equation.

Yeah I agree with this. It's a generation thing... if you were a teenager in the 60s and 70s then you will more than likely be a scummer, because that's about the time people started going to games with their mates, in the early teen years. I know that's how I started. With that, if your Dad is that age then you'll also be a scummer. Lot of people my age were scummers, my best mate included, he got it from his dad. My old man is from Llansamlet so that never happened to me. But then if you or your dad got to that age around the early eighties then you're more likely to be a jack.

This won't be universal, but a general trend in PT. The kids that walk the beach with their parents are all in Swans tops, I saw this consistently last summer when I was home frequently. I've never seen a young kid wearing a scum shirt in port Talbot.

And that's the way it needs to stay, which is why expansion must take place and our long term future as a prem club must be solidified and we'll soon see towns 10 miles from Cardiff become white.

As I always say to my mate. I can see my team's city from Aberavon beach. Can you say the same about yours?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:26 - Oct 12 with 1452 viewsjackforever

To only count the actual city of Manchester in the debate is pointless imo. Means old Trafford, Salford quays, Trafford centre etc aren't actually in this debate. Yet make up probably manchesters 3 most visited parts of town. Using warwicks logic havering and Enfield are parts of London but old Trafford isn't part of Manchester which is clearly crazy. Manchester has passed Birmingham in the eyes of many people to become the uks second city but clearly me being a massive closet man utd fan I'm deeply biased. Well according to the wisdom of hunt I am. And another thing i blame fifa for this pointless argument as if the swans were playing this weekend i wouldn't have been drawn into this pathetic drivel to start with.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:47 - Oct 12 with 1433 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:26 - Oct 12 by jackforever

To only count the actual city of Manchester in the debate is pointless imo. Means old Trafford, Salford quays, Trafford centre etc aren't actually in this debate. Yet make up probably manchesters 3 most visited parts of town. Using warwicks logic havering and Enfield are parts of London but old Trafford isn't part of Manchester which is clearly crazy. Manchester has passed Birmingham in the eyes of many people to become the uks second city but clearly me being a massive closet man utd fan I'm deeply biased. Well according to the wisdom of hunt I am. And another thing i blame fifa for this pointless argument as if the swans were playing this weekend i wouldn't have been drawn into this pathetic drivel to start with.

Read the post again - no one is excluding Greater Manchester from the debate...
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:48 - Oct 12 with 1433 viewsperchrockjack

Well, Philip, the stats I ve looked at bear out what Im saying. Hardly the sort of post that needed a pithy riposte . You seem to be in a rut of sorts.

To give YOU an idea I ve seen all sorts of population figures regarding OUR home town;all different..

You ll find the same stuff in most of the northern cities..

Maybe we should base it on acreage.

One Fine Day...

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:52 - Oct 12 with 1427 viewsWarwickHunt

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:48 - Oct 12 by perchrockjack

Well, Philip, the stats I ve looked at bear out what Im saying. Hardly the sort of post that needed a pithy riposte . You seem to be in a rut of sorts.

To give YOU an idea I ve seen all sorts of population figures regarding OUR home town;all different..

You ll find the same stuff in most of the northern cities..

Maybe we should base it on acreage.

One Fine Day...

Which STATS are they?

Feel free to SHARE them with us.

PS One FIne Day.... Really? You're gonna want me for your girl....
[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 9:54]
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:52 - Oct 12 with 1424 viewsjackforever

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 09:47 - Oct 12 by WarwickHunt

Read the post again - no one is excluding Greater Manchester from the debate...

What debate ? The Manchester isnt a massive city debate or the Manchester is blue debate or maybe the jackforever is unkown to himself and close friends a man utd fan debate? Either way ive had a titfull of it all, all a bunch of tripe eating northern monkeys.
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 10:10 - Oct 12 with 1396 viewsperchrockjack

Actually me ol Laverbread Man tripe is not just a northern delicacy as you could find in in Swansea somewhere.

Its actually very nutricious as opposed to those disgusting shellfish from Loughor estuary which is full of effluent.

North is working class too so surprised at the monkey stuff.

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 10:11 - Oct 12 with 1396 viewsPhil_S

Personally I couldn't care less whether Manchester is red, blue, green or any other colour

Not really fussed whether there are more Swans fans in Port Talbot than Cardiff either

Just want as many people as possible to follow our club and we seem to be doing a pretty good job of that at the moment
How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 10:19 - Oct 12 with 1384 viewsperchrockjack

Exactly Philip, exactly

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 10:24 - Oct 12 with 1381 viewsQuakerJack

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 15:54 - Oct 11 by Al_Bundy

When i lived in Port Talbot from 1977 - 1982 i would say the fan split was 50/50. The older fans were Cardiff partly to do with the legacy of the steel industry when people moved west and settled bringing their team with them so to speak then their off spring following suit.

The Swansea fanbase grew quite rapidly in the Toshack era when a lot of younger fans jumped on board which suggests to me they are now in their 40's and 50's and if they still live in Port Talbot would make up the bigger element of fans following Swansea over Cardiff. Strange thing was in that era the further east you went in Port Talbot the stronger the swans support and equally the sandfields area of Port Talbot which was more west was more Cardiff at that time.

I find Sandfields more white, the Labour club is all white, I know because I drink in there before Swans games, and go on the minibus with a crowd of jacks... It still has that Swans clock behind the bar.

Step into Fairfield on the other hand..... well, just go have a pint in the burgess and you'll know what I mean.

I also find Margam to be more scum, the Twelve Knights where I've drank before, I was once told no jacks allowed in there.

Whereas you won't many scumbags in Baglan.

They're two areas I don't know as well as Sandfields or Fairfield/town but just what I've found.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2014 10:27]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How long does it take places to switch from Cardiff to Swansea? on 13:21 - Oct 12 with 1302 viewsChief

I find this debate very interesting. Being from Llanelli, I find it fascinating the amount of scum in the town (not huge but still significant). weird considering the fact that Llanelli hasn't had a maternity ward in a long time, so Turks are invariably born in Swansea.

the only thing I can put it down to is the small town and rugby mentality, where some in Llanelli cant bring themselves to support anything to do with Swansea.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024