Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga 19:39 - Nov 5 with 14267 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Representatives of the BST committee have been invited by Chris Nathanial to meet with Jose Riga to discuss the background to his departure from BFC.

The meeting is expected to take place in the next 7 days. The venue and timing of the meeting cannot at this stage be confirmed.

As we have been invited to meet with Jose as representatives of all BFC fans we would like to collate a list of questions that any fan ( whether BST member or not ) might wish to submit to us and shortlist those we deem the most suitable to put to Jose. Of course it must be appreciated we cannot guarantee that each and every question submitted will be asked as we will need to vet the questions and don’t at this stage know how much time we will be allowed.

Following the meeting BST will publish a full transcript of the discussions that take place on our website and circulate this on social media.

Any questions must be submitted to secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.org by 5pm Sunday 9th November 2014. Questions posed on social media only will not be short listed so do please email them to us.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Up the Pool.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:14 - Nov 7 with 1589 viewsArchibaldKnox

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 00:01 - Nov 7 by basilrobbiereborn

AK

you're operating under two assumptions - namely that what he has to say will both be true and not merely self-serving. You won't believe that of the chairman, so why are you so willing to meekly believe it of him?

Don't get me wrong, I think the pair of them have behaved appallingly over the last five months or so. But it takes two to tango.

@basilrobbie...

You will note that in my comment I said " It is worth hearing both sides."
We have heard KO's version of events. It would be both polite and valuable to hear Mr Riga out. Then we can make up our minds.

Both of the 'children's' words in this spat are likely to be self-serving. But so far, I have heard KO contradict himself so many times that I admit I find it is difficult to take him at face value.

And please don't use such silly words that imply that I am a "meek" believer.
You really do patronise people at times. I suppose it is unintentional.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 10:25 - Nov 8 with 1515 views1953Original

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 16:14 - Nov 7 by ArchibaldKnox

@basilrobbie...

You will note that in my comment I said " It is worth hearing both sides."
We have heard KO's version of events. It would be both polite and valuable to hear Mr Riga out. Then we can make up our minds.

Both of the 'children's' words in this spat are likely to be self-serving. But so far, I have heard KO contradict himself so many times that I admit I find it is difficult to take him at face value.

And please don't use such silly words that imply that I am a "meek" believer.
You really do patronise people at times. I suppose it is unintentional.

Looking forward to hearing what Mr Riga says and I hope that KOKO tells his side so we can judge what both say in an adult way.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:58 - Nov 8 with 1446 viewstangerinedom

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 10:25 - Nov 8 by 1953Original

Looking forward to hearing what Mr Riga says and I hope that KOKO tells his side so we can judge what both say in an adult way.

Can you do me a favour - serious question - who the Hell are all these players he brought in to our club, did he choose them and if so WHY!! Did he really believe they were as good as he used to state in press conferences?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 1439 viewsOrmerod89

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:58 - Nov 8 by tangerinedom

Can you do me a favour - serious question - who the Hell are all these players he brought in to our club, did he choose them and if so WHY!! Did he really believe they were as good as he used to state in press conferences?

Who signed John Lundstram? Why did he keep playing him? Does he have a clause in his contract he HAS to play?

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:31 - Nov 8 with 1437 viewssteve_g

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:27 - Nov 8 by Ormerod89

Who signed John Lundstram? Why did he keep playing him? Does he have a clause in his contract he HAS to play?

Can you ask him why he was sacked off from Charlton?!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:36 - Nov 8 with 1425 viewsHappy_Satsuma

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:31 - Nov 8 by steve_g

Can you ask him why he was sacked off from Charlton?!

Are we to presume then that whatever financial package he agreed with KO that there was no confidentiality agreement? Surely the first to do so if that's the case?

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:42 - Nov 8 with 1418 viewsafineandprivateplace

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:36 - Nov 8 by Happy_Satsuma

Are we to presume then that whatever financial package he agreed with KO that there was no confidentiality agreement? Surely the first to do so if that's the case?

Karl Oyston stated that Riga's contract could be paid off very cheaply - perhaps for as little as two months' salary - another stipulation that favoured the club. It is quite possible that Riga could afford to do without the severance package available - perhaps he refused to accept it on principle!
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 09:54 - Nov 9 with 1360 viewsOdinsRaven

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:42 - Nov 8 by afineandprivateplace

Karl Oyston stated that Riga's contract could be paid off very cheaply - perhaps for as little as two months' salary - another stipulation that favoured the club. It is quite possible that Riga could afford to do without the severance package available - perhaps he refused to accept it on principle!

Mushrooms fester and fiddle while Rome burns...
Login to get fewer ads

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 18:58 - Nov 9 with 1223 viewsoriginal_insider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 09:54 - Nov 9 by OdinsRaven

Mushrooms fester and fiddle while Rome burns...

I note that neither Basil nor Lala have been on the Paul Ince interview thread. Would either care to reconsider their coments on the validity of a meeting with Riga in the light of what P'Ince has said?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:09 - Nov 9 with 1209 viewsOldSkool

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 18:58 - Nov 9 by original_insider

I note that neither Basil nor Lala have been on the Paul Ince interview thread. Would either care to reconsider their coments on the validity of a meeting with Riga in the light of what P'Ince has said?

Good point Insider.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:12 - Nov 9 with 1204 viewsclarkestattoo

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 18:58 - Nov 9 by original_insider

Riga will say his original list of targets weren't pursued, Oyston promised and didn't deliver, the training facilities are awful, he had no support and ultimately failed because of Karl.

Yeah it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say, will it change my opinion of Karl - no, will it change how poorly we started this season - no, will we be able to change anything as a result of this meeting - no.

Therefore with regards the validity of a meeting with Riga, it'll serve a purpose for us all to hear what a cad KO is but, for me, BST would be far better spending their energies on the viable option that is Belokon than a manager who will be very quickly forgotten.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:17 - Nov 9 with 1201 viewstde74

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:12 - Nov 9 by clarkestattoo

Riga will say his original list of targets weren't pursued, Oyston promised and didn't deliver, the training facilities are awful, he had no support and ultimately failed because of Karl.

Yeah it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say, will it change my opinion of Karl - no, will it change how poorly we started this season - no, will we be able to change anything as a result of this meeting - no.

Therefore with regards the validity of a meeting with Riga, it'll serve a purpose for us all to hear what a cad KO is but, for me, BST would be far better spending their energies on the viable option that is Belokon than a manager who will be very quickly forgotten.

100% agree with the first part, however I'm not totally convinced Belokon is a serious option. One thing is clear to me - an credible option has to be found - I'd like to see BST take the lead on finding one.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:20 - Nov 9 with 1196 viewsBertandErnie

Do we get to see the questions before they are asked? I hope they are as challenging as they are inquisitive and that we ask Riga why the Hell did he decide on some of these wasters he has brought in. At least Ince was honest enough to say he wouldn't bring anyone in who wouldn't improve the team.

I think it would be fascinating as well to get Nathanial to speak from an agents point of view. I'd like to know whether Blackpool, as a club, has been blacklisted because of Oyston?

One final one from me - why the Hell did Riga take the job and what was discussed before he took the job and how much did Oyston move the goalposts?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:38 - Nov 9 with 1172 viewssteve_g

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 19:20 - Nov 9 by BertandErnie

Do we get to see the questions before they are asked? I hope they are as challenging as they are inquisitive and that we ask Riga why the Hell did he decide on some of these wasters he has brought in. At least Ince was honest enough to say he wouldn't bring anyone in who wouldn't improve the team.

I think it would be fascinating as well to get Nathanial to speak from an agents point of view. I'd like to know whether Blackpool, as a club, has been blacklisted because of Oyston?

One final one from me - why the Hell did Riga take the job and what was discussed before he took the job and how much did Oyston move the goalposts?

Re: agents - word has got around and none will be looking to push their players our way and that's sadly a factamundo!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:43 - Nov 9 with 1169 viewsOrmerod89

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:38 - Nov 9 by steve_g

Re: agents - word has got around and none will be looking to push their players our way and that's sadly a factamundo!

As B&E mentioned Belokon - he's gone quiet again - do we think he's serious or just likes a bit of attention?

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:49 - Nov 9 with 1162 viewsbrassedoff

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:43 - Nov 9 by Ormerod89

As B&E mentioned Belokon - he's gone quiet again - do we think he's serious or just likes a bit of attention?

I find it strange that this 'local businessman' hasn't declared his interest - he'd be paraded round the town on a throne with a tic-a-tape welcome if he did! Anyone believe all of this is genuine?

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:02 - Nov 9 with 1155 viewsoriginal_insider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:49 - Nov 9 by brassedoff

I find it strange that this 'local businessman' hasn't declared his interest - he'd be paraded round the town on a throne with a tic-a-tape welcome if he did! Anyone believe all of this is genuine?

And whilst we are at it how about a comment on the Baps thread on BHS.
"What has been your most bizarre life experience?

I’d say Blackpool again! Washing your own kit in the Premier League. In the play-off semi-final, having to walk to the ground because the bus broke down. No balls in training, having to run on the beach because the pitch had been frozen for two weeks, no food after training, leaks in the portacabins, having to buy our own weights — just random stuff like that! It was definitely an experience! "
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:07 - Nov 9 with 1150 viewsSTHolder

I play Sunday league football and we don't have to wash our own kits, get a meal after every game and our roof has never leaked! As we thought - Blackpool FC is run worse than a Sunday League team!!
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:11 - Nov 9 with 1148 viewstangerinemoss

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:02 - Nov 9 by original_insider

And whilst we are at it how about a comment on the Baps thread on BHS.
"What has been your most bizarre life experience?

I’d say Blackpool again! Washing your own kit in the Premier League. In the play-off semi-final, having to walk to the ground because the bus broke down. No balls in training, having to run on the beach because the pitch had been frozen for two weeks, no food after training, leaks in the portacabins, having to buy our own weights — just random stuff like that! It was definitely an experience! "

To progress, one must learn the lessons of the past. To learn the lessons, one must understand what happened,and why it happened. The suggestion by some posters that the manager cannot add anything, whilst allowing the Chairman free reign to put all the blame on him, smacks of sycophancy, not logic or an enquiring mind. Those on here who pride themselves on their intellect ought to understand such a simple reality.

Or should we keep seeing the same mistakes made until BFC no longer exists?

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:45 - Nov 9 with 1115 viewsWizaard

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:38 - Nov 9 by steve_g

If it's that much of a fact, how come we've managed to bring in loanees this week?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 07:45 - Nov 10 with 1080 viewstangerinemoss

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 22:45 - Nov 9 by Wizaard

If it's that much of a fact, how come we've managed to bring in loanees this week?

Perhaps Clark is better connected, perhaps more money is available; in either case, the Chairman should have sorted these matters out with any manager at interview, not when we are in such a mess.

Why are some so afraid of allowing Riga to speak, worried that he will say the same things as Apples and Pince ( and Ollie in private)?

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 09:09 - Nov 10 with 1063 viewsPoolman

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 07:45 - Nov 10 by tangerinemoss

Perhaps Clark is better connected, perhaps more money is available; in either case, the Chairman should have sorted these matters out with any manager at interview, not when we are in such a mess.

Why are some so afraid of allowing Riga to speak, worried that he will say the same things as Apples and Pince ( and Ollie in private)?

Moss - am not sure about some of the animosity towards Riga on this thread and I'd like to hear what he has to say however am more interested in where we are now with Clark. He is right in what he says that we need to start that mini unbeaten run - even a win and a couple of draws in the next 3 games - only 5 points but just starts to give everyone a bit of belief.

Good thread though with lots of interesting opinions. Will certainly be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 09:42 - Nov 10 with 1049 viewstde74

Nobody is frightened of what he has to say. Quite the opposite, we all know exactly what he's going to say.

(He could surprise us of course and wax lyrical about KO's amazing business acumen and winning personality...)

This post has been edited by an administrator
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 09:56 - Nov 10 with 1045 viewsclarkestattoo

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 09:42 - Nov 10 by tde74

Nobody is frightened of what he has to say. Quite the opposite, we all know exactly what he's going to say.

(He could surprise us of course and wax lyrical about KO's amazing business acumen and winning personality...)

This post has been edited by an administrator

TDE - more chance of KO giving Bart De Roover a scouting job!!

I think my viewpoint is, a bit like what Ince said yesterday, will be interesting to hear what he had to say, won't be surprised by any of it and will anything change? Personally I can't see it - but well done to BST for arranging it.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 11:11 - Nov 10 with 1023 viewstangerinedom

Gazette have jumped on the bandwagon - shame they can't be arsed doing stuff like this themselves but they're just too scared to upset anyone!

ose Riga has promised to tell his side of the story to a group of Blackpool fans this week, following his exit as manager a fortnight ago.

The Belgian has agreed to meet members of the Blackpool Supporters Trust to answer questions and reveal the extent of his difficulties in the Pool job.

BST have been asked to keep the time and place of the meeting under wraps, though it is set to take place within the next 24 hours.

Trust chairman Tim Fielding said: “A lot of Jose’s time at the club was shrouded in secrecy, so it will be interesting to hear his side of the story.

“We’ve heard plenty from Karl Oyston on the matter, so it will be good to get a balance.”

The meeting was arranged following a Twitter message by Riga’s agent. Fielding explained: “We saw a tweet promising Riga would speak to fans, so we got in touch to offer to host it.

“It’s a unique chance for us to hear an ex-manager’s view and we are looking forward to it.”

Look out for a full report on the meeting in your Gazette this week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024