Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread 11:14 - Dec 2 with 15732 viewsMrSwan

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 22:39 - Dec 2 with 2096 viewsAnotherJohn

Garry said in his post-match interview that this was a complete performance that left him well satisfied. I came away very happy as well, but 13 minutes from the end I was thinking this was one of the worse performances I'd seen all year. I guess it just goes to show that games are often on a knife edge. Two quality strikes changed everything. I was really pleased for Ki who has been excellent since his return and threaded his shot through the eye of the needle. In fairness we peppered the QPR goal for most of the game, but lacked that bit of precision and Rob Green was excellent. I thought we looked short of ideas at times, but we kept plugging away and got our reward,
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Dec 2 with 1902 viewsParlay

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 22:39 - Dec 2 by AnotherJohn

Garry said in his post-match interview that this was a complete performance that left him well satisfied. I came away very happy as well, but 13 minutes from the end I was thinking this was one of the worse performances I'd seen all year. I guess it just goes to show that games are often on a knife edge. Two quality strikes changed everything. I was really pleased for Ki who has been excellent since his return and threaded his shot through the eye of the needle. In fairness we peppered the QPR goal for most of the game, but lacked that bit of precision and Rob Green was excellent. I thought we looked short of ideas at times, but we kept plugging away and got our reward,

Worst performances all year?

Its like people watch a different game to me at times.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Dec 2 with 1865 viewsGlyn1

And away tickets are now on general sale for the QPR home game rematch on New Years Day - better snap them up before the South Koreans do. Just tell your partners that you're taking them to the Westfield Centre for the New Year Sale because it's only a 10 minute walk from the ground.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Dec 2 with 1850 viewsJethroJack

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 21:40 - Dec 2 by mbl1966

Yay Swans! Great win. What the hell do Bony and Siggy need to go to score? Sounds like it should have been anything up to 8-0!!!!!

8-1 would have been the score....if it wasn't for the 2 keepers.
And I always thought Rob Green was average to crap.
Hats off to him tonight, though...what a performance.
Oh, and well done our boys for perservering
Leon....what a LEGEND.
Siggy....what a footballer.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Dec 2 with 1837 viewsbonwif

was tough game but i belived that we can win this match there you can watch goals again http://www.tarjetaroja.me/ ..and now playing at WH - six points game, cant wait
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 5:40]
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 23:25 - Dec 2 with 1788 viewsperchrockjack

No question about it, we have strongest ever squad. At moment, Fernandez faces a while before he takes over from Bartley who s been a revelation.

Richards also seemed to fit in see lesson so someone at the club is doing things right.

Imo however qpr will fall South together with Leicester and possibly hull as I'm thinking burnley might just get their act together and confound all.

Anyway, all those clubs will ve a long way from us come may

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 00:14 - Dec 3 with 1669 viewsSwanseajill

Thought to myself around half way into the second half that this is a repeat of CP game last week. It looked like a draw as we were slogging away and for no joy.

Bony was squashed ( sandwiched) out of the game and looking for mere crumbs to feed on. QPR defended well for most of the game, and there was no way through.
I agree with others that Siggy was a leading light, urging others by his great skill and never give up attitude. So happy to see Leon back as his usual cool, calm and settling play.

And good for football the fact that QPR ( in general) are trying to play the game...other than kick and foul their way through 90 minutes.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 00:26 - Dec 3 with 1639 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 21:26 - Dec 2 by jacksinceever

Sounds like the main difference in the second half - plus scored the killer second goal

Routs came out like a different player in the second half. Good management?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Dec 3 with 1361 viewsJethroJack

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 00:14 - Dec 3 by Swanseajill

Thought to myself around half way into the second half that this is a repeat of CP game last week. It looked like a draw as we were slogging away and for no joy.

Bony was squashed ( sandwiched) out of the game and looking for mere crumbs to feed on. QPR defended well for most of the game, and there was no way through.
I agree with others that Siggy was a leading light, urging others by his great skill and never give up attitude. So happy to see Leon back as his usual cool, calm and settling play.

And good for football the fact that QPR ( in general) are trying to play the game...other than kick and foul their way through 90 minutes.

I hear what you say about QPR, but Barton has to be highlighted as an exception. Everything about him is wrong. The only QPR player that impressed me was Vargas (No.24). I expected more from Austin, he always looks a handful but he literally never got a kick. Our defensive play is awesome!
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Dec 3 with 1348 viewsSwanseajill

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Dec 3 by JethroJack

I hear what you say about QPR, but Barton has to be highlighted as an exception. Everything about him is wrong. The only QPR player that impressed me was Vargas (No.24). I expected more from Austin, he always looks a handful but he literally never got a kick. Our defensive play is awesome!

Perhaps he's there in the team to remind fans of how things used to be amongst the whole squad?
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 10:10 - Dec 3 with 1315 viewsjohnlangy

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Dec 3 by JethroJack

One particular defensive tackle in the area by Ash towards the end (before the first goal if I remember correctly) was so incredibly committed. He came out of it limping but just ran it off.

He was absolutely outstanding.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 13:24 - Dec 3 with 1244 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 10:10 - Dec 3 by johnlangy

One particular defensive tackle in the area by Ash towards the end (before the first goal if I remember correctly) was so incredibly committed. He came out of it limping but just ran it off.

He was absolutely outstanding.

Qpr surprised me as well, as l thought they'd come out and get right in our faces and constantly foul us, but fair play to ol'Arry he wants them to play and they did at times but they were far from good enough, score flattered them.
Although l do wish our lads would take the odd risk and go and attack balls coming into the box, instead of one of two of us going in, that's a minor problem if you can still dig wins out though, West Ham will be far tougher Sunday, but hay ho, its heading for a great season happy days.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 13:26]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 13:52 - Dec 3 with 1213 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City v QPR Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Dec 2 by perchrockjack

mon.
When I pointed this obvious thing out, I got pelters but Ive survived to see and hear exactly the same. LIKE A MORGUE, and its affecting the players.

Quite why we re so lacking is a mystery.

Perchy, my take on it is that it's largely the other way round. It's the payers affecting the crowd. For large parts of the night last night it was a borefest. People were happier chatting to their neighbours as a slow tempo match was played out on the halfway line. When the game sparked into life so did the crowd. With teams sitting back and waiting for us to break them down it doesn't create much of a spectacle. When the big teams come to town, (a) they're the big teams and that creates more of an edge, but more than that the game is a bit more end-to-end, we're sometimes hanging on for grim death andthe place starts to rock.

Against Palarse & QPR it was fascinating stuff, but not especially exciting. Chess on grass.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024