Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy theories 12:26 - Jan 3 with 6917 viewsRogueTrooper

I always roll my eyes at them, but the fact that Cahill is escaping any punishment, for, what was clearly a deliberate kick at a prone player, then, consider the Sterling slap and bear in mind that Jonjo recieved a four match ban for a flailing arm, that, could have been an accident (it did occur behind his back after all) I'm finding it very difficult to maintain my scepticism.
Added to the fact that so many decisions this season have been at best dubious and at worst incompetent, I am starting to empathise with Chico for his dramatics (if Routs and Fernández would have reacted in the Way Chico usually did, I'm sure that both opposing players would have walked)
Garry, rightly in my opinion, has instilled an ethos which is currently in line with the "Respect" agenda in football, however it seems that the powers that be only respect the Mourinhos of this world. It's depressing, but, I think we are going about our business the right way and after this latest debacle, I think, for the foreseeable future, a referee or linesman will be reticent to interpret an incident in the oppositions favour.
I don't think the decisions have gone against us because we are a Welsh team although I am willing to entertain the notion that it's because we are a smaller team, the main reason is because we are not a bunch of diving, bullying bunch of serial appealers, and nor should we be. Mike Riley and his referees, clearly, have the ball in their court to improve their standards, and not buckle to cheats and bullies. I think the media are now starting to pick up on it too.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 12:35]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Conspiracy theories on 12:31 - Jan 3 with 5588 viewsTheFranchise

Matt Le Tissier 2 minutes ago on SSN "The FA look like they don't want to upset their England regulars by banning them".
Conspiracy theories on 12:35 - Jan 3 with 5560 viewswaynekerr55

Conspiracy theories on 12:31 - Jan 3 by TheFranchise

Matt Le Tissier 2 minutes ago on SSN "The FA look like they don't want to upset their England regulars by banning them".

This is nothing new. Alan Shearer's kick on Neil Lennon anyone

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Conspiracy theories on 12:41 - Jan 3 with 5533 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You're entitled to be sceptical. It's maintaining your objectivity which is proving difficult , and I think that goes for most of us (Gower jack excluded natch)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Conspiracy theories on 12:43 - Jan 3 with 5522 viewsskippyjack

Conspiracy theories on 12:35 - Jan 3 by waynekerr55

This is nothing new. Alan Shearer's kick on Neil Lennon anyone

Wayne Rooney and that McCarthy elbow?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Conspiracy theories on 13:02 - Jan 3 with 5459 viewsRogueTrooper

Conspiracy theories on 12:41 - Jan 3 by Brynmill_Jack

You're entitled to be sceptical. It's maintaining your objectivity which is proving difficult , and I think that goes for most of us (Gower jack excluded natch)

The evidence is starting to suggest my scepticismis miss placed, the list of key decisions, their accuracy and their impact on their game would probably prove quite conclusive

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Conspiracy theories on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 5430 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Conspiracy theories on 13:02 - Jan 3 by RogueTrooper

The evidence is starting to suggest my scepticismis miss placed, the list of key decisions, their accuracy and their impact on their game would probably prove quite conclusive

In addition to your opening post, we all hated Chico rolling around like he'd been shot but perhaps he , while not doing the "right thing", was just playing a corrupt system for what it was. It's all well and good if by playing by the rules a side prospers and cheating sides don't but if the authorities are too weak to practice what the preach then what's the point?

Until the day the PL/FA grow a set and start punishing the likes of Cahill for his kick, knee in the back and standing on Kane's calf all pin 3 seconds we should follow the old adage - "if you can't beat 'em join 'em".

Conspiracy theories on 13:11 - Jan 3 with 5427 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

ive been saying this all season ,we have been a bunch of mutes on the pitch its getting quite embarrassing that we dont appeal for anything.
This needs adressing

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Conspiracy theories on 13:13 - Jan 3 with 5409 viewsTheFranchise

If Routs rolled around after that tackle, Henry would have been off without a doubt.

Kicking Neil Lennon in the head should be allowed anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Conspiracy theories on 13:22 - Jan 3 with 5366 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Conspiracy theories on 13:13 - Jan 3 by TheFranchise

If Routs rolled around after that tackle, Henry would have been off without a doubt.

Kicking Neil Lennon in the head should be allowed anyway.

Even in the commentary box. Perhaps they should have him and Keane as pundits in the next Eire vs N I clash ......

Conspiracy theories (n/t) on 13:33 - Jan 3 with 5331 viewsTheApothecary

[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 13:42]
Conspiracy theories (n/t) on 13:34 - Jan 3 with 5329 viewsTheApothecary

[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 13:42]
Conspiracy theories on 13:34 - Jan 3 with 5329 viewsTheApothecary

Quadruple post, a planet swans record?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 13:43]
Conspiracy theories on 13:39 - Jan 3 with 5318 viewsTheApothecary

9/11 was an inside job factio largio!!!!
Conspiracy theories on 13:40 - Jan 3 with 5314 viewsTheApothecary

Well it appears I'm recovering from my stutter
Conspiracy theories on 14:26 - Jan 3 with 5206 viewsLeonisGod

Conspiracy theories on 13:11 - Jan 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

ive been saying this all season ,we have been a bunch of mutes on the pitch its getting quite embarrassing that we dont appeal for anything.
This needs adressing

I was amazed that we didn't appeal after Rob Green handled outside the area. We shouldn't sour round and hound the refs like Man U and many of the others imo, but a gentlemanly howzat!! Was at least in order. Did anyone else notice our attitude changed mid way through the autumn? I wonder if words have been said, either to the club (failing to control players) or by Monk to just rise above it. No way of knowing of course, but we're definitely appealing less (if at all).
Conspiracy theories on 14:45 - Jan 3 with 5166 viewsMusical_Swan

The more I think of it, the more I get the feeling that appealing and hounding the refs will just give them another stick to beat us with.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 15:21]

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Conspiracy theories on 14:52 - Jan 3 with 5143 viewssixpenses

Don't forget the Blotti incident that Liverpool also dodged in the Cup game.

These decisions happen at all levels but it can be imagined how it is harder to make such calls against the bigger clubs, Totally unacceptable of course but even we did not say much about that if I recall rightly, so maybe we also are guilty of wanting not to stir the pot with potentially advantageous relationships.

Video got to be the way it's a shame to have to overreact to bring attention to fouls but it is sometimes the only way to get justice. Get Jim Carey down for some over acting lessons.
Conspiracy theories on 15:16 - Jan 3 with 5110 viewsRogueTrooper

Conspiracy theories on 14:45 - Jan 3 by Musical_Swan

The more I think of it, the more I get the feeling that appealing and hounding the refs will just give them another stick to beat us with.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 15:21]

I have to agree, I think the tide will turn after the criticism of Mike Riley's collective three wise monkeys style adopted by his referees lately

Conspiracy theories on 15:30 - Jan 3 with 5097 viewsMusical_Swan

Conspiracy theories on 15:16 - Jan 3 by RogueTrooper

I have to agree, I think the tide will turn after the criticism of Mike Riley's collective three wise monkeys style adopted by his referees lately

Lol'd at the three wise monkeys approach.

The fact that a bad desicion can't be over turned simply because the referee had seen the incident has always baffeled me. Surely if a ref gets it wrong and it's proven with replays, said ref should then be disciplined? Instead his version of events gets backed by his superiours by default!!!

Fcking crazy!!!

Conspiracy theories on 15:51 - Jan 3 with 5070 viewsdobjack2

Conspiracy theories on 15:30 - Jan 3 by Musical_Swan

Lol'd at the three wise monkeys approach.

The fact that a bad desicion can't be over turned simply because the referee had seen the incident has always baffeled me. Surely if a ref gets it wrong and it's proven with replays, said ref should then be disciplined? Instead his version of events gets backed by his superiours by default!!!

Fcking crazy!!!

Whilst I think that FIFA regulations prevent the guilty player from being punished if the officials see the offence, there is nothing to stop referees and their assistants who consistently feck up from being downgraded etc.

It would appear that the person in charge of the referees be it Riley or someone else chooses not to do so.

If they demoted officials after the Christmas/new year debacle premier league games would have to be cancelled due to a lack of match officials.
Conspiracy theories on 15:56 - Jan 3 with 5051 viewsApeShit

Didn't Routledge have his red card rescinded for this ?
Conspiracy theories on 16:04 - Jan 3 with 5033 viewsMusical_Swan

Conspiracy theories on 15:56 - Jan 3 by ApeShit

Well that's really fcked me up!

Haven't looked at it from that point of view. So the officials saw the offence, made a desicion, and it was then over ruled.

Could someone please remind me why Cahill didn't get done?

Conspiracy theories on 16:05 - Jan 3 with 5033 viewsQuakerJack

Conspiracy theories on 15:56 - Jan 3 by ApeShit

To avoid mass criticism. No other reason.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Conspiracy theories on 16:15 - Jan 3 with 5028 viewsApeShit

Conspiracy theories on 16:05 - Jan 3 by QuakerJack

To avoid mass criticism. No other reason.

I have no idea why it was done, but they can't exactly rescind Routledge's red card and then ban Cahill for the same offence.
Conspiracy theories on 16:19 - Jan 3 with 5020 viewsRogueTrooper

Conspiracy theories on 13:10 - Jan 3 by Brynmill_Jack

In addition to your opening post, we all hated Chico rolling around like he'd been shot but perhaps he , while not doing the "right thing", was just playing a corrupt system for what it was. It's all well and good if by playing by the rules a side prospers and cheating sides don't but if the authorities are too weak to practice what the preach then what's the point?

Until the day the PL/FA grow a set and start punishing the likes of Cahill for his kick, knee in the back and standing on Kane's calf all pin 3 seconds we should follow the old adage - "if you can't beat 'em join 'em".

I'm hoping the refs collectively "Grow a pair" making that approach unnecessary, sadly, it seems that rolling around, diving, cheating, appealing, surrounding the ref, waving imaginary cards in his face and endlessly complaining on match of the day gets the man in black to favour your team.

As I said earlier, I hope the referees realise that caving in to this sort of behaviour only encourages it and just because players aren't screaming in your face or waving their arms around like a bunch of air traffic control enthusiasts, it does not mean that their point is not valid.

An official with immediate access to replays has to be the answer for International matches and the top two tiers of football, as the current system has proved to no longer be reliable method of officiating, which is beginning to allow people to question the sport's integrity.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024