Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night 12:51 - Mar 18 with 5890 viewsNeathJack

Talk about riding your luck!

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9A91575B611189727558820904960_34d2c77477d.1.5.3
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 13:24 - Mar 18 with 4913 viewsblueytheblue

That player was doing similar all night prior to that - mostly without turning his back. I suspect Lee Mason had just had enough of his antics all night tbf.

Stupid play by the Bournemouth player tbh - at that stage of the game we were giving them the ball back anyway.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 13:33 - Mar 18 with 4892 viewsMattG

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 13:24 - Mar 18 by blueytheblue

That player was doing similar all night prior to that - mostly without turning his back. I suspect Lee Mason had just had enough of his antics all night tbf.

Stupid play by the Bournemouth player tbh - at that stage of the game we were giving them the ball back anyway.

So what law was he breaking, out of interest? He wasn't blocking the keeper so I'm struggling to see why it was disallowed. If refs started disallowing goals for players acting the pr*ck then Chelsea would be bottom of the league.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 13:50 - Mar 18 with 4857 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 13:33 - Mar 18 by MattG

So what law was he breaking, out of interest? He wasn't blocking the keeper so I'm struggling to see why it was disallowed. If refs started disallowing goals for players acting the pr*ck then Chelsea would be bottom of the league.

There were no rules broken. Wrong call by the ref. The ball was clearly not in control of the keeper, or taken from his possession by an illegal move. The keeper also had plenty of time to recover the ball, but decided to just stand there and watch it.

Should have been a goal. The ball was in play.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 15:25 - Mar 18 with 4777 viewsTom1912

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 13:24 - Mar 18 by blueytheblue

You say stupid by the Bournemouth player but he scored a perfectly legitimate goal that should have been awarded. It's not his fault the referee made the wrong decision.

See this guidance:

12.17 PREVENTING THE GOALKEEPER FROM RELEASING THE BALL INTO PLAY
An opponent may not prevent the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands. While players have a right to maintain a position achieved during the normal course of play, they may not try to block the goalkeeper's movement while he is holding the ball or do anything which hinders, interferes with, or blocks the goalkeeper who is throwing or punting the ball back into play. An opponent does not violate the Law, however, if he takes advantage of a ball released by the goalkeeper directly to him, in his direction, or even deflecting off him nonviolently.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 15:38 - Mar 18 with 4753 viewsblueytheblue

The key is "right to maintain position". From that clip, his left foot moves slightly across - meaning he was aiming to impede the distribution by the keeper. Until the ball is kicked it's still in the keeper's possession regardles of being in the air to be kicked - or if it's bounced on the floor as the idiot ref failed to grasp last season against us by Chelsea.

It's something he was doing all night, that was certainly not the worst of 4, 5 situations. One he was to the left of the keeper, moved right in front forcing keeper to switch to the right causing the ball to slice out of play.

I suspect Mason looked at it, had given benefit of doubt previously and then had enough.

Not that Mason was anywhere near competent last night.

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 15:40 - Mar 18 with 4748 viewsSkipTheJack

It looks to me like the keeper's got fed up of the player standing in his way and has smashed the ball against him to make a point (expecting the ref to book him). Surely his kicking can't be so bad that that was accidental!
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 15:47 - Mar 18 with 4739 viewsblueytheblue

Moore isn't a bad keeper to be fair.

The whole thing around that incident, best way I can describe my view on it is to refer to cricket, where they use the hawkeye system to review decisions.

To overturn an on field decision, ie was a guy lbw as the ball would hit the stumps you need conclusive evidence. Over half the ball needs to hit the stumps to allow an error margin in the software.

If the goal was given would I see enough to overturn it? The movement aside, maybe not. As it wasn't given did I see enough to say it should have stood? No.

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 17:05 - Mar 18 with 4646 viewsTom1912

He makes no movement that changes his field position.

I suspect Mason thought he'd moved into your keeper's path and got it wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 17:34 - Mar 18 with 4611 viewsmonmouth

It's great isn't it?

That nobody really gives a sh1t I mean. Was there actually anyone there this time? They are a nothing club whether that's given or not. Still, another point for Russ the bus against a 'top' team. He's there for the duration now. Two bob manager, two bob players, two bob club.....with a £170million millstone on the other side of the seesaw.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 17:42 - Mar 18 with 4593 viewsOldjack

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9765017/controversy-as-bournemouth-goal-di nothing wrong with that mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 4516 viewsblueytheblue

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 17:34 - Mar 18 by monmouth

It's great isn't it?

That nobody really gives a sh1t I mean. Was there actually anyone there this time? They are a nothing club whether that's given or not. Still, another point for Russ the bus against a 'top' team. He's there for the duration now. Two bob manager, two bob players, two bob club.....with a £170million millstone on the other side of the seesaw.

Define "top".

I'd say Bournemouth have a very good side with a very good manager. I'd be surprised if they don't go up, best team I've seen at CCS this season.

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 21:14 - Mar 18 with 4376 viewsPegojack

This just reinforces my view that Lee Mason shouldn't be allowed to referee a tiddlywinks match, let alone professional football, he is an abomination.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 21:29 - Mar 18 with 4348 viewsScoobyDoo

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 15:25 - Mar 18 by Tom1912

You say stupid by the Bournemouth player but he scored a perfectly legitimate goal that should have been awarded. It's not his fault the referee made the wrong decision.

See this guidance:

12.17 PREVENTING THE GOALKEEPER FROM RELEASING THE BALL INTO PLAY
An opponent may not prevent the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands. While players have a right to maintain a position achieved during the normal course of play, they may not try to block the goalkeeper's movement while he is holding the ball or do anything which hinders, interferes with, or blocks the goalkeeper who is throwing or punting the ball back into play. An opponent does not violate the Law, however, if he takes advantage of a ball released by the goalkeeper directly to him, in his direction, or even deflecting off him nonviolently.

That rule means nothing, well it didn't last season when Et'o kicked the ball when Marshall was trying get the ball back in play. Suppose it come down to whoever is reffing and his interpretation of that said rule.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 22:44 - Mar 18 with 4272 viewsTom1912

Eto'o kicked it out of Marshall's hands while he was bouncing the ball? You're not allowed to do that, it should have been disallowed.

It'd not down to interpretation, both of those are just mistakes.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 23:15 - Mar 18 with 4237 viewsblueytheblue

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 22:44 - Mar 18 by Tom1912

Eto'o kicked it out of Marshall's hands while he was bouncing the ball? You're not allowed to do that, it should have been disallowed.

It'd not down to interpretation, both of those are just mistakes.

The Eto'o one was certainly a mistake.

In this case, the player had done worse than that icident throughout the game. Having been there and thus had the context a single clip doesn't give, twice before that Mason had waved at the player back - both occasions he was moved acrodd the keeper, moving forward.

This instance he tries to be cuter about it, back to the keeper. There's certainly lower leg movement towards the keeper, the clear intent was there.

Yes, Moore appealed. Equally, it was blown straight away - before the ball even hit the post. Keeper thus had no reason to go for the ball. Assuming the ref hadn't blown, there's no guarantee a goal would have been scored.

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 09:51 - Mar 19 with 4065 views_williams_

Is this a goal? | Callum Wilson effort controversially disallowed at Car...:

Looking at the time on there Moore had it in his hands for at least 9 seconds, doesn't the law say a keeper can only handle it for 6?!
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 10:18 - Mar 19 with 4015 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Remember Borini's against Reading in the play off final. That was different though as he actually moved in front of the keeper as he kicked it.

Doesn't seem to be the same in this case though, jammy bar stewards .

As for the 6 second rule, that doesn't exist anymore does it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 11:10 - Mar 19 with 3973 viewsUxbridge

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 09:51 - Mar 19 by _williams_

Is this a goal? | Callum Wilson effort controversially disallowed at Car...:

Looking at the time on there Moore had it in his hands for at least 9 seconds, doesn't the law say a keeper can only handle it for 6?!

Well that's just ridiculous. The bloke's standing there and the incredibly bright goalie decides to kick it straight at him, despite having the whole width of the penalty area to work with.

I'm with Hereford on this. Mason is an abomination, and if he costs me a weekend in Bournemouth next season I'm going to be mortified.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 12:40 - Mar 19 with 3924 viewsTom1912

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 10:18 - Mar 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Remember Borini's against Reading in the play off final. That was different though as he actually moved in front of the keeper as he kicked it.

Doesn't seem to be the same in this case though, jammy bar stewards .

As for the 6 second rule, that doesn't exist anymore does it?

Borini jumped infront of the keeper, I don't know what he was thinking to be honest.

The 6 second rule exists as far as I'm aware, it's just never ever enforced.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 12:43 - Mar 19 with 3918 viewsTom1912

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 23:15 - Mar 18 by blueytheblue

The Eto'o one was certainly a mistake.

In this case, the player had done worse than that icident throughout the game. Having been there and thus had the context a single clip doesn't give, twice before that Mason had waved at the player back - both occasions he was moved acrodd the keeper, moving forward.

This instance he tries to be cuter about it, back to the keeper. There's certainly lower leg movement towards the keeper, the clear intent was there.

Yes, Moore appealed. Equally, it was blown straight away - before the ball even hit the post. Keeper thus had no reason to go for the ball. Assuming the ref hadn't blown, there's no guarantee a goal would have been scored.

Whatever he's done throughout the game is completely irrelevant to that individual decision other than the fact Mason probably got it wrong by assuming he'd moved across him again. He turns his back to the keeper, and the keeper hits it against him and that's it.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 12:50 - Mar 19 with 3911 viewssomersetsimon

At the risk of undermining the referees, it would be useful if the FA or Ref's association came out after these incidents and clarified what the rule is and whether the referee made a mistake or not.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 12:54 - Mar 19 with 3907 viewssomersetsimon

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 21:29 - Mar 18 by ScoobyDoo

That rule means nothing, well it didn't last season when Et'o kicked the ball when Marshall was trying get the ball back in play. Suppose it come down to whoever is reffing and his interpretation of that said rule.

Seems pretty clear from the rule. The player didn't prevent release of the ball or block the keeper's movement. I can only guess that, from the ref's angle, he thought the player was closer to the keeper and blocked the ball while it was still under the keeper's control.
Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 17:26 - Mar 19 with 3799 viewsScoobyWho

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 11:10 - Mar 19 by Uxbridge

Well that's just ridiculous. The bloke's standing there and the incredibly bright goalie decides to kick it straight at him, despite having the whole width of the penalty area to work with.

I'm with Hereford on this. Mason is an abomination, and if he costs me a weekend in Bournemouth next season I'm going to be mortified.

Thats a goal all day.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 18:57 - Mar 19 with 3771 viewsDavillin

NJ, Did you know that the Old English [and earlier Germanic languages] word for "dragon" was "wyrm"? "Wyrm" became "worm," as reflected in Worm's Head.

So referring to them as "the Redworms" is solidly based on the history of the English language.

But I'm sure you already knew all that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 19:00 - Mar 19 with 3767 viewsblueytheblue

Goal disallowed against the Redworms last night on 12:43 - Mar 19 by Tom1912

Whatever he's done throughout the game is completely irrelevant to that individual decision other than the fact Mason probably got it wrong by assuming he'd moved across him again. He turns his back to the keeper, and the keeper hits it against him and that's it.

Not completely irrelevant.

Throughout the evening, the player had been moving across, had been moving forward to the keeper. Ref had twice warned him, of course that's going to be in the back of his mind.

The player tried being cute - saw where the keeper was, decided to turn his back and there was left leg movement towards the keeper.

As I said, it could have gone either way with no real argument. Citing it as a "goal" as some have is also misleading - Mason blew up immediately, before the ball hit the post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024