Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread 01:22 - May 17 with 11260 viewsjackharris

This post has been edited by an administrator

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:18 - May 17 with 3345 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:16 - May 17 by libertine

absolute siggy

The (lack of) celebration after the goal says it all about this game. Winding down after a very impressive season. Nothing too taxing and enjoy it. Can't blame them really.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:20 - May 17 with 3293 viewsperchrockjack

I feel for him as he is way out of his depth.
we be lost two right backs and many prem clubs would feel the difference.

Just feels so angry still about Kyle getting nobbled by that fair tackle

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:23 - May 17 with 3235 viewsWanderer

Is it just me, Taylor and Montero when they go forward i am on edge of seat believing something is going to happen, Jazz & Nath sorry it's the opposite, gotta have a sub early second half this side please.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:26 - May 17 with 3202 viewsrossshaw

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:23 - May 17 by Wanderer

Is it just me, Taylor and Montero when they go forward i am on edge of seat believing something is going to happen, Jazz & Nath sorry it's the opposite, gotta have a sub early second half this side please.

Nath has worked his socks off. I'd want to keep him on as long as possible

Trundle could still do a job..

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:28 - May 17 with 3189 viewsphact0rri

I think we are playing well and exciting, there's hunger there... I don't think the lads are on the beach

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:30 - May 17 with 3165 viewslibertine

our right back situation is very unfortunate, we've been unlucky with the deflection

and we played crap with our right back situation again,

the poor guy looks absolutely lost

and taylor ran straight past him
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:41 - May 17 with 3072 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:28 - May 17 by phact0rri

I think we are playing well and exciting, there's hunger there... I don't think the lads are on the beach

You think?

No urgency there really.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:02 - May 17 with 2898 viewsSgorioFruit

We jus watch them get close. Stick the bloody boot in.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:03 - May 17 with 2885 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:02 - May 17 by SgorioFruit

We jus watch them get close. Stick the bloody boot in.

It's been like an attack and defense training session when there was only going to be one outcome.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:14 - May 17 with 2798 viewsbonwif

cmon we deserve at least point... thrilling finish http://firstrowsportes.eu/
[Post edited 25 May 2015 18:42]
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:20 - May 17 with 2732 viewsSgorioFruit

Ah well what a shame. Deserved a point.
Not sure about fans applauding bonys goal.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - May 17 with 2663 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:20 - May 17 by SgorioFruit

Ah well what a shame. Deserved a point.
Not sure about fans applauding bonys goal.

If FF had cleared properly in the first place then there'd be no need for that question. And that was how the game went for us. Not good enough in the day but hey, a great season.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:25 - May 17 with 2639 viewsphact0rri

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:41 - May 17 by union_jack

You think?

No urgency there really.

I think there was. Sure it didn't come out positive but I am quite pleased with the work rate. we were weak in the the back four and we were being over ran but I don't think it wasn't for a lack of trying. Its not a match where we didn't show up.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:28 - May 17 with 2588 viewsstAteSwan

You could tell we were exposed by having to start Richards at Right Back. Throw in a couple unlucky deflections, a scuffed clearence, and Fabianki not at his best, and this is what you get.

That being said, we had great goals from both Gylfi and Gomis, and Hart had to make two great saves to keep us from potentially getting a point late. Hated watching Bony score on us at the end...but class of him not to celebrate.

Great season. Lets go beat Palace and finish at 59 points!
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:32 - May 17 with 2553 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:25 - May 17 by phact0rri

I think there was. Sure it didn't come out positive but I am quite pleased with the work rate. we were weak in the the back four and we were being over ran but I don't think it wasn't for a lack of trying. Its not a match where we didn't show up.

Yes I see your point but there wasn't the urgency that you'd see in a game that mattered, by that I mean position to play for realistically. I think the team had psychology accepted their lot for the season and weren't taxing themselves 100%.

That's not a criticism either as they've deserved it.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:33 - May 17 with 2531 viewsPozuelosSideys

Unfortunate really. Cant really complain about the performance. Bit of bad luck defensively and some quality from them and thats what you get.

On another day Hart would have got nowhere near those 2 or 3 chances we had either. Far better than the last home game performance from the last couple of years.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:34 - May 17 with 2512 viewsperchrockjack

Many clubs woukd have folded with citeh two up.
We didn't.

Crowd pretty mediocre too and I'd havecthiughtvwecd all be loud and very proud.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:36 - May 17 with 2486 viewsMolliemick

A good game to watch. Swans deserved at least a draw. Hart saved Man City at the end. Not one of Fab's better games but still he made some superb saves. Let's wait for the Summer transfers to see how ambitious we are.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - May 17 with 2436 viewslibertine

who the hell applauded when Bony scored ,was it those cheeky manc funsters how dare they???

on another day!!

in honesty they fouled a lot more tactically whenever we had a break they fouled, a lot more subtle than stoke, but that's their game plan.

how can you play against that,

what the hell happened right at the end should have been a penalty.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:46 - May 17 with 2388 viewsicecoldjack

Thought we played well but city don't have just 1 or 2 world class players they have around 5 or 6..without counting the bench!

They just had too much class where it mattered, Silva,Yaya and agauro were running rings around us at times.

Having said all that we still caused them plenty of problems and could have nicked a point,though that would have been extremely fortunate in fairness.

Best team won today,no complaints from me.

Fredirico's wayward passing finally caught up with him,been doing it all season and needs to improve his composure, apart from that he was flawless,if he works on his passing he can become a top top player,has everything else. Jazz out of his depth but stuck to it after a nervy start, Barrow showed great promise when he came on and it was nice to see Gomis score another goal.

Plenty of positives to take from the game and also plenty of things for Monk to work on in the summer, when city fancy it not many teams can live with them.

Bony had a great reception,well deserved too .
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:57 - May 17 with 2310 viewsNogginthenog

Best team won but the number of times they made cynical fouls when we were on the break was hard on us. Well done for effort though.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 16:00 - May 17 with 2288 viewsswan_si

i think this is the calmest i've felt after a loss, great performance, deserved at least a draw, Fab had an off day by his standards, and Hart pulled off at least 2 great saves (1 being a worldy), i can even forgive Fernandez for setting up Bonys goal, and i even laughed at Jizz trying to control the ball, Gomis was excellent, nice to see him score what was a great goal, and the crowds reaction to him after applauding Bony onto the pitch, all in all a great season with a game to go.

i must say that the pass from Jizz to Gomis was spot on, he put another into the box about 5 minutes earlier, but apart from that he was and is shyte, i can't remember the number of times Fernandez had to tell him to get further up the pitch, he was like a rabbit caught in headlights.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 16:01 - May 17 with 2284 viewsphact0rri

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:32 - May 17 by union_jack

Yes I see your point but there wasn't the urgency that you'd see in a game that mattered, by that I mean position to play for realistically. I think the team had psychology accepted their lot for the season and weren't taxing themselves 100%.

That's not a criticism either as they've deserved it.

Fairplay mate. I think I'm keen to be positive when I can.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 16:01 - May 17 with 2274 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 15:42 - May 17 by libertine

who the hell applauded when Bony scored ,was it those cheeky manc funsters how dare they???

on another day!!

in honesty they fouled a lot more tactically whenever we had a break they fouled, a lot more subtle than stoke, but that's their game plan.

how can you play against that,

what the hell happened right at the end should have been a penalty.

Certainly looked a penalty to me. Thought initially he'd given it but blew for time instead.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 16:45 - May 17 with 2057 viewslibertine

not being a sore loser but it was 5.03 when we got fouled in their penlty area, why didn't we get to take the penalty?

did the ref think we'd lot anyway so lets end it there?

why the hell bother to even start if that's the case?

what can a ref do about tactical non nasty fouling?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024