Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread 01:22 - May 17 with 11261 viewsjackharris

This post has been edited by an administrator

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:22 - May 17 with 2409 viewsmax936

Enjoyed the game, pity we couldn't have got a draw as we had enough chances, but Hart was superb.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - May 17 with 2376 viewsDull1Thomas

A word of praise for Jazz Richards.
It seems that some - certainly where I was sitting had written him off before the kick off and continued to do so throughout the game.

A shaky start (given the number of minutes he's had for us and Rangel appearing to be fit mid week is it a surprise? Think back to just how awful Taylor was when he came in for Ben Davies!!! and how long it took him to play consistently well for a whole game).

In the second half Jazz made a series of excellent passes and, with Barrow in particular, offered our best opportunities to score. Had Jonjo made the pass to Gomis some would be calling for a knighthood.

Was he perfect? No! Was he out of his depth? No, more than Taylor, Cork or Siggy. Did he let us down? No.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:42 - May 17 with 2313 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - May 17 by Dull1Thomas

It seems that some - certainly where I was sitting had written him off before the kick off and continued to do so throughout the game.

A shaky start (given the number of minutes he's had for us and Rangel appearing to be fit mid week is it a surprise? Think back to just how awful Taylor was when he came in for Ben Davies!!! and how long it took him to play consistently well for a whole game).

In the second half Jazz made a series of excellent passes and, with Barrow in particular, offered our best opportunities to score. Had Jonjo made the pass to Gomis some would be calling for a knighthood.

Was he perfect? No! Was he out of his depth? No, more than Taylor, Cork or Siggy. Did he let us down? No.

He did ok in fairness, Jonjo was excellent 1st half, but Citeh stepped on the gas in the second half and tightened up in midfield, delighted for Jonjo though he's done really well for us.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:46 - May 17 with 2295 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:42 - May 17 by max936

He did ok in fairness, Jonjo was excellent 1st half, but Citeh stepped on the gas in the second half and tightened up in midfield, delighted for Jonjo though he's done really well for us.

Jonjo was poking like he meant business and seemed to be motivated by Lampard's presence but that did lead to the composure he's shown in the previous two games getting stretched. But certainly stood out, as you say in the first half especially.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:59 - May 17 with 2233 viewsStarsky

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:29 - May 17 by Dull1Thomas

Jazz Richards out of his depth

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 18:25 - May 17 with 2160 viewsAnotherJohn

Feel gutted with that. On another day we could have had a result there, but as others have said a combination of our injury situation at full back, an off day for Fab and a deflection did for us. Obviously Citeh have massive strength in depth and everything had to go right if we were to turn them over.There were bright spots going forward. Gomis's goal was impressive, and I thought Barrow did better with his dribbles than I've seen in past games. It has been a great season and I hope we can finish on a high at Palace,
[Post edited 17 May 2015 20:51]
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 19:10 - May 17 with 2054 viewslondonlisa2001

Great game to finish off the season at home.

Had a real go, shame that a few more injuries than we could cope with probably played a part.

Fantastic season - 8th with at least 56 points is a great achievement, and much as I would love to do a European season again, maybe next year wasn't the ideal time for us with all the work on the stadium and academy that is required as a priority.

We are just a couple of players short of being a great team.

And for those moaning about clapping Lampard or Bony - get some perspective. Lampard has been a great player over the years and has always handled himself with a fair amount of class and that was the last time he'll play away from home in the Premier League - deserved an ovation. And Bony wasn't clapped for his goal, he was clapped for showing respect when, let's be honest, he must have been turning cartwheels after the time he's had at Man City. It was meaningless. Gomis had a louder show of support immediately afterwards which was the right balance.

I find it interesting that in all the years we were 'proper fans' - snarling and booing every two seconds at the Vetch (although most on here moaning weren't even there), we had such a stellar time of it didn't we? Funny that since we've become 'pathetic' or 'rugby fans' we've done so much better - you know, despite it upsetting our players so much.

Great season - let's sign off in style next week, but even if we don't, it surely has exceeded every reasonable expectation.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 19:14 - May 17 with 2039 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment ma am and yiu ve had a good season too.

Peace

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 22:23 - May 17 with 1757 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 14:09 - May 17 by union_jack

Pity Dyer can't finish like Milner!!

That's what we're missing right now, someone not afraid to have a go and with enough skill and power to add a few goals.......Leroy Fer perhaps?

QPR may be forced to sell

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 23:22 - May 17 with 1675 viewsjackrabbit

Just waded through 18 pages of the Blue Moon messageboard and the overall impression on there is one of relief. Here's some of the comments I picked up:

. It was closer than 2-4
. It could have been 8-5 (!)
. Swans are a decent side who play good football - that was a good win
. At least 5 postings of "thank f*** for Hart!"
. Yaya Toure and Silva were outstanding. (Agreed)
. The ref blew early - he should have given Swans a penalty
. Bony was a c*** for not celebrating his goal
(that poster was shot down in flames and made aware that since all 4 sides of the stadium had applauded Bony earlier, he would have been a c*** if he HAD celebrated.)
. It was a cracking game with both sides playing open attacking football.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 23:44 - May 17 with 1651 viewsDarran

Fair play Blobby,what a pathetic prick you really are.
Run back and report that.
Dear God hideous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 23:54 - May 17 with 1635 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 17:59 - May 17 by Starsky

Jazz Richards out of his depth

Which is why he was responsible for goals number ..... hang on - he wasn't.
As I said if Richards was out of his depth so was Fed, Fab, Gylfi & Cork today.

And as said somewhere else - had Shelvey or Siggurdson played that ball for Gomis' goal (which he took ever so well) the player would have been considered a god of football.

I didn't mind Bony getting a good reception but when one of our players who did a good job is slated and a player who scored for the opposition is applauded (& Lampard) I get a little pissed off.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 23:54 - May 17 with 1635 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 19:10 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Great game to finish off the season at home.

Had a real go, shame that a few more injuries than we could cope with probably played a part.

Fantastic season - 8th with at least 56 points is a great achievement, and much as I would love to do a European season again, maybe next year wasn't the ideal time for us with all the work on the stadium and academy that is required as a priority.

We are just a couple of players short of being a great team.

And for those moaning about clapping Lampard or Bony - get some perspective. Lampard has been a great player over the years and has always handled himself with a fair amount of class and that was the last time he'll play away from home in the Premier League - deserved an ovation. And Bony wasn't clapped for his goal, he was clapped for showing respect when, let's be honest, he must have been turning cartwheels after the time he's had at Man City. It was meaningless. Gomis had a louder show of support immediately afterwards which was the right balance.

I find it interesting that in all the years we were 'proper fans' - snarling and booing every two seconds at the Vetch (although most on here moaning weren't even there), we had such a stellar time of it didn't we? Funny that since we've become 'pathetic' or 'rugby fans' we've done so much better - you know, despite it upsetting our players so much.

Great season - let's sign off in style next week, but even if we don't, it surely has exceeded every reasonable expectation.

A modicum of common sense as ever.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 00:34 - May 18 with 1613 viewsStarsky

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 23:54 - May 17 by Dull1Thomas

Which is why he was responsible for goals number ..... hang on - he wasn't.
As I said if Richards was out of his depth so was Fed, Fab, Gylfi & Cork today.

And as said somewhere else - had Shelvey or Siggurdson played that ball for Gomis' goal (which he took ever so well) the player would have been considered a god of football.

I didn't mind Bony getting a good reception but when one of our players who did a good job is slated and a player who scored for the opposition is applauded (& Lampard) I get a little pissed off.

Read what I wrote again dear boy.

I didn't say today particularly.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 03:49 - May 18 with 1557 viewsGlyn1

perchrockjack and LondonLisa are agreeing with each other - that feels weird.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester City Matchday Thread on 09:34 - May 18 with 1452 viewsperchrockjack

Not weird at all.
LISA and I have had many disagreements but so far has not played the, you -left -Swansea-and are a plastic scouser , ever. She s not abused anyone just for the sake of it, aparft from the appalling trash that was the "Australian" based financial wizard ;I forget his name now. She s had some pretty patronising crap from the former fans rep and had some thinly veiled sexist garbage chucked at her.

NOPE, she s fine,smart, seemingly intelligent and probably bakes a lovely Apple Crumble and has the class to use cinnamon not Ideal Milk to compliment it, which is ,of course what lefties do.

Im not sure I d want to have a date with her as she d punch my head in.

I might be wrong

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024