Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool ticket info 10:51 - Aug 15 with 14800 views442Dale

Just been into the ticket office at Bloomfield Rd to get our tickets. Although Dale said there were only 180 left yesterday and that was our full allocation, the woman who sold them at Blackpool said they open up an area in the East stand (next to where we're situated) if we take up all our seats in the North stand.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blackpool ticket info on 11:14 - Aug 15 with 8713 viewsTVOS1907

Actually, I've just remembered I was told that by someone a few weeks ago. Can't remember who it was, mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool ticket info on 11:27 - Aug 15 with 8661 viewsBeckWMG

This is great news. Thanks for posting this as I will be on the last minute so was debating not bothering. Especially as I tweeted the club this morning to be told that there would be no more tickets available after the 170/180 had been sold.

Suggest the club give this information out as it may be a factor on people without tickets travelling or not.
Blackpool ticket info on 11:38 - Aug 15 with 8498 viewsdalebolt

Thanks currently on the train without a ticket! Puts my mind at rest!
Blackpool ticket info on 14:23 - Aug 15 with 8096 views442Dale

Steward now saying all tickets are sold and they are "trying to solve the problem". Meanwhile to our left is a stand that is totally unoccupied.

Blackpool ticket info on 14:56 - Aug 15 with 7992 viewsswiggy

Turned away what a joke
Blackpool ticket info on 15:02 - Aug 15 with 7949 views442Dale

Why wasn't it all-ticket in the first place?

Why weren't season ticket holders given priority?

At what stage was it decided we would get no more than 999 tickets?

Questions that need answering.

Apologies to anyone who was affected for passing on the info we were told when picking up tickets this morning.

Blackpool ticket info on 15:14 - Aug 15 with 7893 viewsswiggy

Lady behind counter stated Rochdale only asked for 1000 tickets. I said to her Shef U will bring 5000 she said "if they ask for 5000 tickets we will give them 5000". Doesn't ring true to me
Blackpool ticket info on 15:44 - Aug 15 with 7741 views_dezzy

Some dale are in home end after being turned away at ticket office

KHBA

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool ticket info on 17:24 - Aug 15 with 7565 viewsNinco

This sounds like a right farce. Blackpool FC should have been clear from the start about what was available and should have communicated it to both the club and any travelling fans. People shouldn't have to pay travelling costs to then be turned away if there was room for them. What a poorly run club.
Blackpool ticket info on 17:47 - Aug 15 with 7495 viewsmr_fri_night

Blackpool ticket info on 15:02 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Why wasn't it all-ticket in the first place?

Why weren't season ticket holders given priority?

At what stage was it decided we would get no more than 999 tickets?

Questions that need answering.

Apologies to anyone who was affected for passing on the info we were told when picking up tickets this morning.

RAFC have stated from the start that we had been given 999 tickets and that will be our entire allocation. No questions needed answering from Rochdale in my opinion.
Blackpool ticket info on 18:00 - Aug 15 with 7429 views442Dale

Blackpool ticket info on 17:47 - Aug 15 by mr_fri_night

RAFC have stated from the start that we had been given 999 tickets and that will be our entire allocation. No questions needed answering from Rochdale in my opinion.

The question about the 999 figure is one directed at whoever decided that was the only amount we'd ever get.

If it was always only going to be 999, why wasn't it made all ticket with decisions made over what priority was given to season ticket holders etc?

Judging by the amount of tweets yesterday, many fans were under the impression paying on the day would be an option. That we left earlier than intended to ensure we got a ticket illustrates I got it wrong myself (willing to accept I misiniterpreted it by thinking there would be no problems turning up to pay), but hopefully lessons will be learnt by everyone involved to ensure fans aren't missing a game they want to go to.

On the back of the tickets, the east stand is also designated as an away area. What amount of tickets did Dale ask for in the first place? If it was more, why wasn't this communicated in the form of making it all ticket if Blackpool would only give us 999?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 18:05]

Blackpool ticket info on 18:08 - Aug 15 with 7363 viewsswiggy

OK first of all where was it stated that 999 tickets was all we were all allocated? Yesterday website said a kiosk would be available to buy tickets on the day. We were always going to take more than 1000 to this game. Should have been all ticket or made clear nothing available on the day. Very frustrated by this.
Blackpool ticket info on 18:20 - Aug 15 with 7291 views_dezzy

Blackpool ticket info on 18:08 - Aug 15 by swiggy

OK first of all where was it stated that 999 tickets was all we were all allocated? Yesterday website said a kiosk would be available to buy tickets on the day. We were always going to take more than 1000 to this game. Should have been all ticket or made clear nothing available on the day. Very frustrated by this.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-info-blackpool-a-2558904.aspx

KHBA

Blackpool ticket info on 18:20 - Aug 15 with 7291 views442Dale

Blackpool ticket info on 18:08 - Aug 15 by swiggy

The updated ticket story on the OS yesterday did state this was the full allocation. At this stage we made the decision to go earlier.

A Dale fan tweeted the club yesterday asking this:
" is 999 our full allocation will extra be made available if we sell out"

The reply was this:
"We have spoken to Blackpool and that is our full allocation - no more tickets will be made available #RAFC"

Blackpool ticket info on 18:44 - Aug 15 with 7174 viewsswiggy

Fair enough, hadn't seen this but 999 why as stated previously we were always taking over 1000. Is this the official away allocation all year? A lot of teams will take more than this. But never mind next year in league 2 they'll be OK tinpot. Did we ask for only 999 tickets? If so why?
Blackpool ticket info on 18:54 - Aug 15 with 7119 viewsTVOS1907

The bottom line is, when fans are being turned away because they don't have a ticket and the whole allocation has been sold out, there has been a breakdown in communication somewhere along the line.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool ticket info on 18:56 - Aug 15 with 7105 views442Dale

Blackpool ticket info on 18:44 - Aug 15 by swiggy

Fair enough, hadn't seen this but 999 why as stated previously we were always taking over 1000. Is this the official away allocation all year? A lot of teams will take more than this. But never mind next year in league 2 they'll be OK tinpot. Did we ask for only 999 tickets? If so why?

More valid questions.

At what point did we speak to Blackpool, as mentioned in the tweet above? If it was "stated from the start", why would we have spoken to Blackpool after that point?

From here http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/bloomfield-road-bl (presumably they got the info from Blackpool after the away fans were moved to the North Stand), it states: "Away fans are now housed on one side of Stan Mortensen (North) Stand, on the East side, at one end of the ground. Up to 1,500 supporters can be accommodated in this area, although the normal allocation is 1,000 tickets"

We also have fans speaking to staff at Blackpool and the tickets showing an away fan area in the East stand, as seen mentioned in this thread. Who is right or wrong doesn't matter now. It's that lessons are learnt by anyone involved in the process so that supporters aren't affected in the future.

Blackpool ticket info on 19:25 - Aug 15 with 6967 viewsBartRowou

Club got this one wrong. It should have been made much clearer on the website weeks ago that there was limited availability .
There should also have been a window for season-ticket holders to get theirs first, which in turn would have flagged up the fact to all fans that there were only 1000 tickets for us.
Not once was any of this communicated by the PA at either of the last two games; all we were told was that Blackpool "have sent us some tickets".
An apology to the ticketless would be a decent gesture.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Blackpool ticket info on 19:35 - Aug 15 with 6909 viewsswiggy

BRight,cut to the quick, believe it or not I'm not stupid. Based on the info available travelled to Blackpool fully expecting g that I could see the game and buy a ticket a the ground. As stated before why 999? Are all clubs getting 999 or just us? COMMUNICATION!!!!
Blackpool ticket info on 19:59 - Aug 15 with 6790 viewsmr_fri_night

Blackpool ticket info on 19:35 - Aug 15 by swiggy

BRight,cut to the quick, believe it or not I'm not stupid. Based on the info available travelled to Blackpool fully expecting g that I could see the game and buy a ticket a the ground. As stated before why 999? Are all clubs getting 999 or just us? COMMUNICATION!!!!

I'm sorry don't know how to do screen shots and link them to here but Every article, every tweet, every Facebook status for the past two weeks regarding this game have stated we have been allocated 999 tickets and that's our full allocation. Another I've just gone back and read states when they are gone they are gone. I'm not quite sure what else the club could have done to get this message across.

As for the allocation amount, I don't know why that was the figure I'm afraid.
Blackpool ticket info on 20:12 - Aug 15 with 6710 viewsswiggy

Again, we were always going to take more than1000 why has this fixture not been designated all ticket and prioritised as such? Again other clubs will take many more than us why 999? Cock up as far as I'm concerned, whose fault I don't know!
Blackpool ticket info on 20:21 - Aug 15 with 6654 viewsdale_spotland

Blackpool ticket info on 19:59 - Aug 15 by mr_fri_night

I'm sorry don't know how to do screen shots and link them to here but Every article, every tweet, every Facebook status for the past two weeks regarding this game have stated we have been allocated 999 tickets and that's our full allocation. Another I've just gone back and read states when they are gone they are gone. I'm not quite sure what else the club could have done to get this message across.

Friend of mine rang the Rochdale ticket office on Thursday and was told after the 999 we were simply going to be put in another stand that would be opened for away fans, therefore we didn't bother taking the time off work to go to the ticket office and opted to pay today, ended up in the home ends after being turned away.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Blackpool ticket info on 20:23 - Aug 15 with 6642 views442Dale

Blackpool ticket info on 19:59 - Aug 15 by mr_fri_night

Nobody is disputing this was the allocation but there was obviously an issue about the expectancy amongst fans that there would be no problems paying on arrival. Not being able to see the previous articles (the ticket story on the OS has been updated to yesterday's) means I can't work out out the error I made when thinking there wouldn't be a problem turning up on the day. I accept this may be an issue for supporters, but is there anything that could have been different that could improve things going forward?

If there is ever an allocation that *may* not be enough, should it be made all-ticket? At least fans are then clear they HAVE to get a ticket in advance.
It would be expected this process can be looked at ahead of the Fleetwood game, because surely the most important thing is that supporters don't travel and are disappointed.

What is worth pointing out is that the communication yesterday on Twitter was excellent as the club responded promptly to fans expressing concern around the situation and answered questions very informatively. Because of this myself and others made arrangements to ensure we got to Blackpool in time to get tickets sorted. That said, as so many fans were asking these questions/changing their plans/turning up expecting to get in, doesn't that indicate we should have a look at what occurred and whether any improvements can be made? If it only cuts down on the enquiries that have to be dealt with ahead of games, then everyone is a winner.

Blackpool ticket info on 20:24 - Aug 15 with 6625 viewsBartRowou

Blackpool ticket info on 20:12 - Aug 15 by swiggy

Again, we were always going to take more than1000 why has this fixture not been designated all ticket and prioritised as such? Again other clubs will take many more than us why 999? Cock up as far as I'm concerned, whose fault I don't know!

Agree.
Had a quick look through the twitter feed for @officiallydale. It only becomes apparent that these 999 tickets were THE ONLY tickets we were allocated in tweets sent out yesterday afternoon. It should have been made much clearer, much earlier that we ONLY had this many.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Blackpool ticket info on 20:51 - Aug 15 with 6479 viewsDomDale

So how many did we take in the end? Looks a fair amount.

Surprised to see their crowd was 7k, surely closer to 3k!!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024