Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland Forum 22:39 - Aug 22 with 6115 viewsskippyjack

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tin-pot-support.1122738/

Knocking our support

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/swansea-fans.1122730/

And they're calling us arrogant

They won the FA Cup 40 years ago.. they have a higher wage bill.. bigger fan base.. they've got a billionaire owner.. their midfield general is Lee Cattermole.. who jointly holds the record for the most red cards in Premier League history.. plus the record for the most yellow cards in a season.. they're relying on a 35 year old Centre Back who was 'average' at best in his prime.. their second in command is none other than 35 year old Wes Brown who was average at best in his prime.. they are playing Danny 'binge/alcoholic Graham upfront.. Rodwell (tumbleweed).. Adam Matthews (Wales 4th choice right back).. they employed Di Canio the fascist nutter.. they then employed Advocaat who's wife put him on a curfew.. Adam Johnson.. they're pinning their hopes and preys on Duncan Watmore.. a youth product.. Steven Fletcher the Scottish Ibrahimovic.. sign Kaboul who slated them in the past.. Coates who is a liability at best..

They're all on more money than our squad an all... what an embarrassment they are.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Sunderland Forum on 22:42 - Aug 22 with 6093 viewsScoobyWho

And yet they forget already their recent supports at Swansea.
And they give thousands of tickets away each home game for free !
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 22:44]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Sunderland Forum on 23:05 - Aug 22 with 5992 viewsDeerhunter

Wouldn't bother getting wound up about some on there.

A lot cling on to the fact we are a big club as if it will solve all our problems.

Think that any fanbase who don't have our numbers or travel in our numbers are beneath us.

I for one would rather have a successful team personally.

By all means criticise us, but be factually correct mate; O'Shea was better than average; Wes Brown is our 5th choice central defender these days; we aren't pinning our hopes on Watmore, he was voted player of the season in the U21s last year and was the best player at the U20 tournament in the summer, with our current problems we want him given a chance; I wish Fletcher was a quarter as talent as Ibrahimovic, he is a big part of our problem the lazy Scottish prick.

After that, I'm out. You're right, its an embarrassment that we pay our team more than you lot, shows us everything wrong with how we've been run the past few years.

As an aside, I'll tell you now, the majority of our fans are very jealous of the structure of your club. Would love us to follow a similar blueprint.
Sunderland Forum on 23:06 - Aug 22 with 5962 viewsDeerhunter

Sunderland Forum on 22:42 - Aug 22 by ScoobyWho

And yet they forget already their recent supports at Swansea.
And they give thousands of tickets away each home game for free !
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 22:44]

While the free tickets thing is a common myth, would that even be a bad thing? Just like you lot giving subsidised away tickets/travel.
Sunderland Forum on 23:33 - Aug 22 with 5830 viewsScoobyWho

Sunderland Forum on 23:06 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

While the free tickets thing is a common myth, would that even be a bad thing? Just like you lot giving subsidised away tickets/travel.

I would say it is foolish to compare the two.

Your free tickets are given to a selected ten businesses who sponsor your club each home game for distribution- and they are in the thousands each week, either that or your clubs commercial dept is lying. That aside as a season ticket holder if my club did that I would be fuming and I can easily give you 420 reasons why they shouldn't.

Subsidised travel is something we dont often do, but the tickets are, and that's all inclusive for everyone, which sort of makes your point invalid.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 23:36]

Sunderland Forum on 23:40 - Aug 22 with 5777 viewsadamswan

When they start basing the quality of a club on 'fan base' etc it's time to leave the debate. One or two of their fans on the forum seem to see the irony of Sunderland fans calling other clubs tin pot and are making a joke of it. The same few clowns seem to be spouting nonsense over and over, like any forum. If we are going on fan base based on population and other nearby clubs competing for support I would say we are at least even with them, probably more potential to be honest.
Sunderland Forum on 23:44 - Aug 22 with 5750 viewsDeerhunter

Sunderland Forum on 23:40 - Aug 22 by adamswan

When they start basing the quality of a club on 'fan base' etc it's time to leave the debate. One or two of their fans on the forum seem to see the irony of Sunderland fans calling other clubs tin pot and are making a joke of it. The same few clowns seem to be spouting nonsense over and over, like any forum. If we are going on fan base based on population and other nearby clubs competing for support I would say we are at least even with them, probably more potential to be honest.

Without wanting to sound arrogant like our lovely neighbours up the road. When it comes to the size and prestige of our respective clubs, theres no real competition.

Saying that, thats about all we have going for us compared to you lot at the moment.
Sunderland Forum on 23:46 - Aug 22 with 5746 viewsScoobyWho

Sunderland Forum on 23:40 - Aug 22 by adamswan

Ten / twelve hour round trip for most.

It's easy for people to knock us, let's not forget we took 3,000 on a midweek night to Arsenal when it was on TV. And Swansea fans have the furthest to travel out of all premier league club supporters, easily forgotten.

People forget how fcking horrible many of them have been over previous seasons, racist too as displayed on that thread in the link. Fck em.

We are getting too nice at Swansea.

The bin dippers are equally as obsessed, after pulling 14,000 today.
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161844
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 23:51]

Sunderland Forum on 23:52 - Aug 22 with 5711 viewsadamswan

Sunderland Forum on 23:44 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

Without wanting to sound arrogant like our lovely neighbours up the road. When it comes to the size and prestige of our respective clubs, theres no real competition.

Saying that, thats about all we have going for us compared to you lot at the moment.

I'm sorry but i can't fathom where your prestige argument comes from. Because you were moderately successful many moons ago how does that carry any weight now? Are Nottingham Forest a 'bigger' and more prestigous club than you bevause they have been far more successful historically? And based on your logic should the fans of Algeria patronise the Dutch football fans because they have a 'bigger fan base', it's absolute nonsense honestly.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland Forum on 00:16 - Aug 23 with 5647 viewsMrSwerve

Sunderland obviously a bigger club with a bigger fan base, but when was the last time they did anything newsworthy apart from getting relegated?

I'd rather have a club a third of their size, being well run, doing a spot of giant killing here or there, and winning a trophy in recent years.

These 'big' established clubs don't like it up 'em. You can feel the envy.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sunderland Forum on 02:04 - Aug 23 with 5509 viewsDeerhunter

Sunderland Forum on 00:16 - Aug 23 by MrSwerve

Sunderland obviously a bigger club with a bigger fan base, but when was the last time they did anything newsworthy apart from getting relegated?

I'd rather have a club a third of their size, being well run, doing a spot of giant killing here or there, and winning a trophy in recent years.

These 'big' established clubs don't like it up 'em. You can feel the envy.

Probably agree with this to be honest.

The frustrating thing is we have many factors of successful club locked down. Big new stadium, brilliant training facilities, big fanbase who are passionate and loyal. Yet we still languish in the depths of the league, circling the plug hole.
Sunderland Forum on 08:11 - Aug 23 with 5071 viewsphact0rri

I think that their biggest gripe was they didn't think there was a big enough away support. For a stadium like seven hours away who is number 20. I know supporters can be thick... but how is that overly surprising? We've brought a lot when they were going on a run a form.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Sunderland Forum on 08:41 - Aug 23 with 4931 viewsDewi1jack

Seemed to take a fair few in our first/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th season.
I for one didn't do the trip this year. 6 times up there is enough. Been to both their old and new grounds.
That and I have decided to not do so many away as the cost is really starting to get prohibitive. Looking at 8 or 10 this year, which is going to be over £1000. again. Possibly a lot more as I'm planning to do a couple as long weekends/ mini breaks.
4 hrs driving round trip to every home game as well.
Doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else. There's probably loads more out there, travelling further home and away, more often and for many years longer.
Just means I have to start watching the costs

Didn't they return away end tickets every season they've played us so far?
Them and Newcastle, big fan base, passionate crowd, tremendous football knowledge etc etc.
Yet, just like our Eastern cousins, don't sell out at home and only the glamour clubs away.
Stinks of desperation when fans come on a forum, sprouting sh1te about the numbers of fans they get, especially when it's made up bollox

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sunderland Forum on 11:16 - Aug 23 with 4387 viewsQuakerJack

They take fluke all down to us... It seems we always take treble the amount to Newcastle and to be honest that's a reflection of their town as well as the distance... I live up here and I've done that one every year but to be honest I've had enough of it now... Sunderland is a complete shoite hole... The pubs are absolutely awful... Real dank pits... The locals look like trolls and stare at you and say stuff like "A Swansea fan?" without actually speaking directly to you like theyve never seen someone from outside Sunderland... How on earth are they only 9 miles from Newcastle? The most friendly, accommodating bunch Ive ever met...

I mean I know Swansea High street needs some investment but Sunderland is like a massive town full of pound shops, charity shops and bookies... It's the worst town Ive ever been to and bare in mind I work in Middlesbrough...

Wish theyd sank and Hull stayed up because as local away trips go I'd much prefer Hull. Hope they go down... Even if they dont I'm not going there next season, or I'll just drive up and come straight back, I'd rather save my money and go somewhere else...

Just to say.... We met one or two decent fans... You do wherever you go, but they were a minority.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Sunderland Forum on 12:10 - Aug 23 with 4212 viewsChief

The racism they're fans they spew out every time we play them will never make me like them but you can't deny their support is impressive. It has always been about double ours, despite the place not being much bigger than Swansea and them having another well supported club not far away. unfortunately the south west Wales has never pulled its weight in supporting its local team like they do in places like sunderland, norwich Derby. probably due to a lack of historic success&rugby supporting/rivalry (I'm from Llanelli but there's a fair amount of deluded clowns here who will not bring themselves to support anything connected with Swansea). Not forgetting the thousands who haven't grown up and latched on to successful English clubs. Now we have a successful team, this is changing no doubt, the next generation all over Wales now have swans a their favourite team but we have to expand and we can then pull in crowds worthy of the population of our catchment area

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Sunderland Forum on 12:13 - Aug 23 with 4203 viewsScoobyWho

Sunderland Forum on 02:04 - Aug 23 by Deerhunter

The frustrating thing is we have many factors of successful club locked down. Big new stadium, brilliant training facilities, big fanbase who are passionate and loyal. Yet we still languish in the depths of the league, circling the plug hole.

With free tickets for all 👍

Sunderland Forum on 12:59 - Aug 23 with 4101 viewsjruss1

Sunderland...where football careers go to die.
Sunderland Forum on 15:49 - Aug 23 with 3838 viewsBorojack

Sunderland Forum on 02:04 - Aug 23 by Deerhunter

If there so loyal how come the ground was was half empty after Norwich went 3 up didnt it happen a couple of times last season as well.
From a personal point of view I feel your supporters have a massive chip on there shoulders and are a pretty unwelcoming bunch give me the Geordies or the Smoggys any day.
I am hoping you go down this season and I only live 30 miles away.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Sunderland Forum on 15:54 - Aug 23 with 3827 viewsBloodyhills

Just been reading another thread on here and some or our own fans think we are arrogant. The truth is on current form we should have won and we played well enough to, just as in the past we have won games when on current form we shouldn't have. Such is football and that's what makes it a great game.

I wouldn't worry about what Sunderland fans think but by they way they set up to bully us out of it you can see that their management have respect for our team and the football we play. Onwards and upwards.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Sunderland Forum on 16:06 - Aug 23 with 3795 viewsLord_Bony

It s no wonder not a lot of away fans travel there if thats the general attitude of most Sunderland fans...

"they re aal a boonch o sheep shaggin coonts like"

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024