Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biffos 22:11 - Sep 12 with 4368 viewsoddjob007

Manager sacked today.. But the club will not be taking applicants for the post and the current coaching staff will stay in place.

There was talk on here earlier in the summer that he wouldn't last until Xmas.

Anyone know what's going on at BP?!
Biffos on 22:15 - Sep 12 with 4355 viewsD_Alien

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/153625/page:2#.VfSVuo2FPIU

Page 2

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Biffos on 22:59 - Sep 12 with 4249 viewsstuartcryer

I think it was all planned with Dunn having all his qualifications

wardle blue

Biffos on 23:04 - Sep 12 with 4235 viewszxcvbnm

Someone in the away end today was saying that, Dunn was brought in with the change in mind. Dickov and Redfearn being there today muddies the water slightly especially with Dickov being fired this week. (Thinking of Coleman/Hill situation)
[Post edited 13 Sep 2015 10:38]

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Biffos on 09:32 - Sep 13 with 3929 viewsDomDale

History aside (and it is history given Oldham have been in this league for the best part of 20 years) what do their fans/ board actually expect to get out of a season? Whether they care to admit it or not they are currently one of the smaller fish in L1 based on resources, crowds, stadia etc. that's not to say Dale aren't, I'm very aware of our clubs place in the pecking order and we happen to punching above our weight. But bottom half of the league surely isn't unthinkable and you would think they would be used to it by now. I wonder if relegation would do them good. A good season in league two could do their psyche a world of good... Either that or getting a dicking from Accrington will knock them down a peg or two.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Biffos on 09:58 - Sep 13 with 3884 views442Dale

Dunn appointed as interim manager.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-david-dunn

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Biffos on 10:33 - Sep 13 with 3807 viewsboromat

Biffos on 09:58 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

Dunn appointed as interim manager.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-david-dunn

I wouldn't be happy if I was a Biffo! I'm not sure Kelly was doing that bad. It's still early in the season 3 points off tenth. I'd have given him longer.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Biffos on 10:38 - Sep 13 with 3796 viewstazzydjr

Not surprised with Dickov getting the boot and Sheridan quitting the Green Army on what is possibly their promotion season

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Biffos on 11:13 - Sep 13 with 3741 views442Dale

Biffos on 10:33 - Sep 13 by boromat

I wouldn't be happy if I was a Biffo! I'm not sure Kelly was doing that bad. It's still early in the season 3 points off tenth. I'd have given him longer.

It's whether he was ever the right appointment in the first place. Looked out of his depth from the start.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Biffos on 12:04 - Sep 13 with 3665 viewszxcvbnm

Eyre mk 2

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Biffos on 09:19 - Sep 15 with 3173 viewsBarryStrange

Biffos on 09:32 - Sep 13 by DomDale

History aside (and it is history given Oldham have been in this league for the best part of 20 years) what do their fans/ board actually expect to get out of a season? Whether they care to admit it or not they are currently one of the smaller fish in L1 based on resources, crowds, stadia etc. that's not to say Dale aren't, I'm very aware of our clubs place in the pecking order and we happen to punching above our weight. But bottom half of the league surely isn't unthinkable and you would think they would be used to it by now. I wonder if relegation would do them good. A good season in league two could do their psyche a world of good... Either that or getting a dicking from Accrington will knock them down a peg or two.

Honestly I'd feel the same if I were an Oldham fan. They must be bored beyond bored of being in this division now. Given that the top 2 and bottom 4 change division every season that means they have finished between 3rd and 20th of the same division every year for nearly 20 years.

And it ain't as if they've made the play offs that often (once I think). They are slowly, slowly dwindling away into a tedious mediocrity.

I mean we're both an example of it in the last few years. Personally I would much prefer relegation then promotion that just sitting there. I'd imagine most people are the same.
Biffos on 11:41 - Sep 15 with 3055 viewsSuddenLad

Biffos on 09:19 - Sep 15 by BarryStrange

Honestly I'd feel the same if I were an Oldham fan. They must be bored beyond bored of being in this division now. Given that the top 2 and bottom 4 change division every season that means they have finished between 3rd and 20th of the same division every year for nearly 20 years.

And it ain't as if they've made the play offs that often (once I think). They are slowly, slowly dwindling away into a tedious mediocrity.

I mean we're both an example of it in the last few years. Personally I would much prefer relegation then promotion that just sitting there. I'd imagine most people are the same.

I don't think any true fan would 'prefer'relegation as you suggest. Owdhum have stagnated for the past few years, but are now showing signs of a club that is slowly going backwards and relegation for them is more realistic than any other option in terms of leaving this division. Year on year they have done nothing to improve, but rather are 'treading water' and just staying afloat.

You could argue, that Dale and the Gigglers are in the ascendancy, but (at least in Dale's case) there has been a solid platform built to accommodate that progress which has been managed (at all levels of the club) carefully and with the future in mind.

I have no particular feelings about Owdhum one way or the other and in all honesty have never really seen them as direct rivals. They never seem to do anything except court controversy (Ched Evans saga, Lee Hughes), or get the occasional FA Cup scalp (Liverpool) but that said they are a 'nothing club'.

Their next appointment could be the most important for a generation. The days of Premiership and Joe Royle are long gone and there is more likelihood of a return to the basement than there is of a place in the Championship.

To be frank, I couldn't care less who they appoint as manager. I think the club has serious financial problems, sacking Des Kelly (or any other manager) after only 8 games was a complete joke and shows a club in turmoil.

Leave them to their misery.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2015 11:44]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Biffos on 13:24 - Sep 15 with 2934 viewsD_BFC

Poor guy was just completely out of his depth. I don't know anyone, whether Oldham fan or not, who thought it was going to end well.

Unless Dunn wants the role then it'd be best to leave him as a player. He was a class above in the game at Gigg, surely you wouldn't want your best player bogged down in managing what will probably be a relegation scrap?

Shiny new stand still not opened either.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2015 13:42]
Biffos on 13:35 - Sep 15 with 2916 viewsSuddenLad

Biffos on 13:24 - Sep 15 by D_BFC

Poor guy was just completely out of his depth. I don't know anyone, whether Oldham fan or not, who thought it was going to end well.

Unless Dunn wants the role then it'd be best to leave him as a player. He was a class above in the game at Gigg, surely you wouldn't want your best player bogged down in managing what will probably be a relegation scrap?

Shiny new stand still not opened either.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2015 13:42]

Out of his depth or not, I presume due process took place. The likelihood is that many more suitable candidates were interviewed and they ended up appointing the least worthy of all applicants.

It was probably the 'cheapest option' accompanied by a stiff dose of fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Only time will tell whether David Dunn will succeed where Kelly failed, but it needs more than cosmetic change to make a difference. No-one doubts his playing ability, but the rest remains, yet another, untried, untested, managerial appointment.

The appointment was likened to that of Steve Eyre. Thankfully, Dale quickly woke up and changed tack but Owdhum seem to be digging a bigger hole.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Biffos on 13:47 - Sep 15 with 2891 viewsmacro

He was prepped by a sports management company, they even did his presentations etc for him. Obviously trying to do it on his own wasn't as easy
Biffos on 13:49 - Sep 15 with 2888 viewsD_BFC

Biffos on 13:35 - Sep 15 by SuddenLad

Out of his depth or not, I presume due process took place. The likelihood is that many more suitable candidates were interviewed and they ended up appointing the least worthy of all applicants.

It was probably the 'cheapest option' accompanied by a stiff dose of fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Only time will tell whether David Dunn will succeed where Kelly failed, but it needs more than cosmetic change to make a difference. No-one doubts his playing ability, but the rest remains, yet another, untried, untested, managerial appointment.

The appointment was likened to that of Steve Eyre. Thankfully, Dale quickly woke up and changed tack but Owdhum seem to be digging a bigger hole.

Yep, bad/cheap option managerial appointments can set you back a couple of years at least. We almost mirrored Eyre & Coleman with Barker & Blackwell.

It's obviously still very early days but going off people who watch them every week, Oldham's best hope is that there's 4 teams worse than them. A couple of obvious early contenders for that but the 4th spot could be up for grabs if they don't get it right.
Biffos on 13:51 - Sep 15 with 2886 viewsParkinsGimp

Think Dunn is an unknown quantity, but some ex players make it some dont. lets hope hes the latter and they continue to flounder, they can have the most massive best ever biggest following in League 2 if they carry on LOL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024