Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black managers 22:35 - Oct 30 with 20854 viewszxcvbnm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34673088

Not being racist but surely it has to be a case of if you’re good enough you’ll get the job, this sort of ‘positive discrimination’ can be reverse racist (if that makes sense)

If someone like Jimmy-Floyd at Burton carries on the way he’s started then he’ll get his chance at a bigger club. There’s a reason Keith Curle hasn’t managed at the highest level the same reason that Steve Parkin didn’t, not quite good enough. The colour of skin doesn’t matter.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Black managers on 22:48 - Oct 30 with 10099 viewsSuddenLad

I entirely agree. As a manager, if you're good enough, the colour of your skin is completely irrelevant, but you should never be appointed BECAUSE of the colour of your skin.

It's a ridiculous notion, doomed to failure and should be abandoned before it starts.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2015 23:39]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black managers on 23:11 - Oct 30 with 10071 viewsKnowlesy

This.

I don't treat people by the colour of their skin I treat them on the basis of their personality etc etc etc.

I'm certain that football chairmen and employers in general are the same, in this day and age. Positive discrimination not only has the chance to thrust people into roles that they are not qualified / experienced / competent enough to hold, but also devalues those who have already got into those positions on merit; like, as you mentioned, Jimmy-Floyd will be if he carries on.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2015 23:11]
Black managers on 23:12 - Oct 30 with 10067 viewsLuke8686

blacks are less than 5% of the population so surely we have got the ratio about right already
Black managers on 00:21 - Oct 31 with 9986 viewsoddjob007

It really irritates me this thing about institutional racism amongst football chairmen/owners. Is there any evidence at all that Black managers are overlooked for jobs because of their skin colour, or black coaches are denied opportunities?

It's a load of bollocks and poor managers/coaches are using skin colour as an excuse to mask their inabilities, which, in my view, is just as bad as being racist.
Black managers on 00:45 - Oct 31 with 9959 viewsHopwoodblue

And how many English managers are there in the English Premiership ?

Only as many as are deemed good enough ?

Which is Gary Monk and Eddie Howe anymore?

Find it all pathetic

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Black managers on 03:37 - Oct 31 with 9925 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Which black managers have stepped forward to say they are not getting a chance because of the colour of their skin?

Or is it more someone has noticed there are not many black managers so has decided to make an issue out of it?
Black managers on 06:37 - Oct 31 with 9898 viewsTalkingSutty

Black managers on 03:37 - Oct 31 by Albert_Whitehurst

Which black managers have stepped forward to say they are not getting a chance because of the colour of their skin?

Or is it more someone has noticed there are not many black managers so has decided to make an issue out of it?

If your good enough, who cares what colour your skin is. If Paul Ince was white he would still have a chip on both shoulders and a face like a slapped arse, he's just not a nice person. Keith Alexander was a good lower league manager and very well liked, he was a nice person and you could imagine footballers wanting to play for him.

John Barnes and Paul Ince are both very vocal and imply they are being held back because of their colour, they reality is they are both very poor managers.

Charlie Williams thrived in a very tough environment, he was capable of laughing at himself which is always a commendable trait. A much loved comedian with no chip on his shoulder. He was a nice person.

Just watching Sky News and their two presenters are both black which isn't something you normally see, they are excellent at their jobs and it's good to see.

Bottom line, if you are good at your job your colour is irrelevant.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 6:40]
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:24 - Oct 31 with 9884 viewsPorlicks

So this thread is a bunch of white people telling other white people that the only reason black people don't succeed is because white people are better.

And all the white people agree.

I'm not being racist, but...... white people are idiots when it comes to racism.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 7:29]

Who are YOU with?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:12 - Oct 31 with 9843 viewsboffley

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:24 - Oct 31 by Porlicks

So this thread is a bunch of white people telling other white people that the only reason black people don't succeed is because white people are better.

I'm not being racist, but...... white people are idiots when it comes to racism.

Unless you know the ethnic origin of each and every poster and viewer on this thread you are making huge and potentially dangerous assumptions.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:21 - Oct 31 with 9824 viewszxcvbnm

That's not what is being said, what's being said is you get the job if you're good enough regardless of skin colour and the black managers association are the ones with a chip in their shoulder. Barnes and ince mentions correct as the English manager point is.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:21 - Oct 31 with 9824 viewsTalkingSutty

You need to learn how to interpret posts. What everybody is saying on this thread is that nobody cares what colour somebody is when they are assigned to a particular job.....it's old hat.

Of course there are white people who are more capable of doing the job better than a particular black person, why wouldn't there be??

Get some education down your neck, you sound like you could do with some.
Black managers on 08:30 - Oct 31 with 9815 viewspioneer

Missing the point, yet again, its not about forcing clubs to appoint black managers but making sure qualified black people get a chance in terms of being considered for the job.

Note that the first step seems to be limited to applications for youth team jobs, wow what have we to be frightened off?

As for blacks forming 5% of the population and so the managerial ratio is about right .....that means we are discriminating against women!!!!!! The ratio that is the appropriate comparison is the proportion of blacks among professional football playing squads.

At the same time there is the ongoing debate that resurfaced this week about women (or lack of them) at senior levels of corporations . . . .I suppose they aren't up to it either?

All that is being proposed is allowing black folks who are qualified for a position the chance to compete for the position.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Oct 31 with 9812 viewsmightydale

am not a racist but.......

then sterotype white people

how ironic .... bet your a fcuking leftie as well
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 8:35]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:48 - Oct 31 with 9785 viewsroccydaleian

Bollocks..
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:05 - Oct 31 with 9759 viewsnordenblue

You're assuming everyone who's posted is white then?
Black managers on 10:26 - Oct 31 with 9677 viewsYadHoDale

Seems a sensible idea by the FA.

With most club chairmen/boards being middle aged white blokes it can only be a good thing to insist that they at least consider candidates from different backgrounds.

As others have said, black managers' results have been broadly comparable to white managers of a similar background.

JFH is doing well at Burton, Powell/Alexander/Curle/Ince have all had their successes, Ruud Gullit kept Newcastle up. John Barnes was hopeless. That's down to the individuals though, not the colour of their skin.

I wonder if Dale would have done better in the 80sfif we'd appointed Joe Cooke as player-manager? Or Tony Whelan from the Man U coaching set up?
Black managers on 11:07 - Oct 31 with 9631 viewsMBoothman

For me, the difference is that not so many black players, for whatever reason, are having the long careers and sustaining the longevity at single clubs - this is a direct route into management for a lot. We had Hill, Flitcroft: Beech and BBM will be one day too. Most managers are appointed in-house when they start , you don't get you first managerial job as an unknown (to the chairman) unless you're A-list material (ie JFH).

Is there racism earlier on, within the clubs, that means black players are not cementing their places in their clubs? I can think of loads of black players in our club, but can only think of one, Tony Ford, who grew old and retired here. He incidentally went into management.

Yes. That IS Sako.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 31 with 9569 viewsSuddenLad

Your post is divisive and is the kind of thing that actually creates animosity and ill-feeling.

Absolutely no-one on here, regardless of ethnicity has said, nor is trying to say, that white people are better, merely that the best candidate will be appointed, regardless of background, colour or any other socio-ethnic data.

You may well claim to 'not being racist' but the only idiot to contribute to this debate so far, would appear to be you.

Poor effort.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Black managers on 13:22 - Oct 31 with 9498 views1949er

What about players? There must be more black players now than any other time in the history of the FA someone once asked me did we have any black players? I had to stop and think because i dont see dale players other than that, dale players.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Black managers on 13:33 - Oct 31 with 9483 viewsTalkingSutty

Black managers on 13:22 - Oct 31 by 1949er

What about players? There must be more black players now than any other time in the history of the FA someone once asked me did we have any black players? I had to stop and think because i dont see dale players other than that, dale players.

Cracking post.
Black managers on 13:35 - Oct 31 with 9478 viewsmikehunt

And what are the FA doing about recruiting more black referees? Sweet FA is my guess. Since (thingy) quit, who used to ref at our level, I haven't seen another. Let's see how they sort that one out before jumping on clubs' backs.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Black managers on 13:40 - Oct 31 with 9463 viewsTalkingSutty

Black managers on 13:35 - Oct 31 by mikehunt

And what are the FA doing about recruiting more black referees? Sweet FA is my guess. Since (thingy) quit, who used to ref at our level, I haven't seen another. Let's see how they sort that one out before jumping on clubs' backs.

Are you talking about Rennie? Probably the worst ref i have ever seen. Didnt he send Townson off at Feethams once? He could have been any colour could Uriah, he would have still been terrible.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 13:42]
Black managers on 13:45 - Oct 31 with 9446 viewsR17ALE

Black managers on 13:40 - Oct 31 by TalkingSutty

Are you talking about Rennie? Probably the worst ref i have ever seen. Didnt he send Townson off at Feethams once? He could have been any colour could Uriah, he would have still been terrible.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 13:42]

I quite liked Uriah, so unpredictable!

One I couldn't stand was something Singh?? Wore a turban during matches. Jarpal??

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:46 - Oct 31 with 9441 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:48 - Oct 31 by roccydaleian

Bollocks..

Mealy-mouthed bollocks, actually!

The Guardian is the print version of the BBC, and unfortunately some people are taken in by it. Porlicks' post is the ONLY example of prejudice on this thread. Irony doesn't come near.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 13:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Black managers on 13:53 - Oct 31 with 9421 viewsTalkingSutty

Black managers on 13:45 - Oct 31 by R17ALE

I quite liked Uriah, so unpredictable!

One I couldn't stand was something Singh?? Wore a turban during matches. Jarpal??

Yes, Singh was also crap that can't be denied.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024