Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? 17:13 - Nov 1 with 5600 viewsJackfath

I will.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 17:56 - Nov 3 with 837 viewsJackfath

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 17:53 - Nov 3 by karnataka

Well, each to their own Lisa. I have few pleasures in life these days because my wife is very ill and has been for the last 6 years so a lot of travel is not really on the agenda unless she makes a full recovery. Football, both watching and playing, yes even aged 63, seems to be the one thing that keeps me sane and is an opportunity to get immersed in something that's capable of totally shutting out the rest of the world even if just for a short time, and I need that. Music can do the same and I go to see quite a few bands but I can do that wherever I choose to live provided my favourite acts tour there but even flying somewhere in the UK or elsewhere is quite feasible on the odd occasion but it's never a weekly thing like football.

It often removes me from my life too. I agree.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 18:07 - Nov 3 with 824 viewslondonlisa2001

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 17:53 - Nov 3 by karnataka

Well, each to their own Lisa. I have few pleasures in life these days because my wife is very ill and has been for the last 6 years so a lot of travel is not really on the agenda unless she makes a full recovery. Football, both watching and playing, yes even aged 63, seems to be the one thing that keeps me sane and is an opportunity to get immersed in something that's capable of totally shutting out the rest of the world even if just for a short time, and I need that. Music can do the same and I go to see quite a few bands but I can do that wherever I choose to live provided my favourite acts tour there but even flying somewhere in the UK or elsewhere is quite feasible on the odd occasion but it's never a weekly thing like football.

Indeed - sorry - it wasn't a criticism in the slightest - I was genuinely in awe and interested in the effect the Swans has on different people !!

I'm so sorry that your wife is so unwell and hope that she recovers fully so that you can both have less restrictions on your lives together.

I completely agree about the football taking you away from things - it does with me as well. However stressful or terrible things seem, for that two hours, I forget all about it, I'm so wrapped up in the game.

It's funny though, as I have got older, the impact that it has outside that two hour period has genuinely lessened. My moods used to be dictated for a week, or at least few days, by the Swans winning or losing - these days, it's a few hours.

I really apologise if my post offended you or was insensitive - I shouldn't have been so flippant.
When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 18:41 - Nov 3 with 801 viewskarnataka

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 18:07 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

Indeed - sorry - it wasn't a criticism in the slightest - I was genuinely in awe and interested in the effect the Swans has on different people !!

I'm so sorry that your wife is so unwell and hope that she recovers fully so that you can both have less restrictions on your lives together.

I completely agree about the football taking you away from things - it does with me as well. However stressful or terrible things seem, for that two hours, I forget all about it, I'm so wrapped up in the game.

It's funny though, as I have got older, the impact that it has outside that two hour period has genuinely lessened. My moods used to be dictated for a week, or at least few days, by the Swans winning or losing - these days, it's a few hours.

I really apologise if my post offended you or was insensitive - I shouldn't have been so flippant.

No apologies necessary at all and I wasn't offended in the slightest. We all have different circumstances and although there are a few on here I know personally, the majority are just names with little substance as I'm sure I am to you.

I still feel a little guilty that I gave my wife very little thought during the day of the 2011 playoff final when she was not in good shape at all and was refusing to go to hospital. 9 days later, she was sectioned and taken to hospital against her wishes where she remained for nearly a month but that incredible day at Wembley made me realise that true escapism can exist and at times is 100% essential.
When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 18:46 - Nov 3 with 790 viewsPhil_S

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 18:41 - Nov 3 by karnataka

No apologies necessary at all and I wasn't offended in the slightest. We all have different circumstances and although there are a few on here I know personally, the majority are just names with little substance as I'm sure I am to you.

I still feel a little guilty that I gave my wife very little thought during the day of the 2011 playoff final when she was not in good shape at all and was refusing to go to hospital. 9 days later, she was sectioned and taken to hospital against her wishes where she remained for nearly a month but that incredible day at Wembley made me realise that true escapism can exist and at times is 100% essential.

Everyone needs some form of a switch off from "real life" - I have that with football and I also have it on the golf course where I switch off every Saturday morning

People's priorities in life change, I spent the first two years of the Premier League watching pretty much every game at the ground and travelling the country. I have watched 2 away games in the past 2 years - West Ham and Man City last season.

Football is a great game, fired by emotions and I am sure we have all been in the place where we have sulked all weekend after a particular defeat or performance. I don't get to that stage any more, not sure why, still enjoy the football as much but I get over a defeat much quicker. Maybe I grew up or maybe it was other things just became more important to me.

I've posted on here before that my brothers sudden and unexpected death in 2009 hit me like a steam train and I have had a different viewpoint on things ever since that day that maybe what put football into a different perspective completely. At least he gets a different view every week

If we got relegated I would be there as I was before we got promoted, I don't see that ever changing but never say never.
When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 21:46 - Nov 3 with 743 viewsperchrockjack

Feel for you karn.

Of course, at face value ,football is trivial but it represents much"

It's helped me through some dark days.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 21:48 - Nov 3 with 738 viewsDarran

Love you Dave.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 23:07 - Nov 3 with 707 viewskarnataka

When we get relegated will you stil watch the Swans? on 21:48 - Nov 3 by Darran

Love you Dave.

Thanks Darran, you'll make me blush! I know you've been through the emotional wringer too on more than one occasion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024