Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the long term plan.? 09:36 - Nov 4 with 4825 viewsqprphil

Can anyone have any positive ideas as to where this club is going. We all keep saying it, but something will have to happen soon, or we will be playing in division one soon. Where ever you look its a bloody shambles. We will not have had a better chance to consolidate than last season and we have just blown that. Signing crap players, huge wages, and they don't give a toss to boot. I say lets liven up the squad with some of the youngsters, let them get in the faces of the opposition, cant be any worse than the likes of Henry, Hoilett, etc.
What is the long term plan.? on 17:54 - Nov 4 with 920 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is the long term plan.? on 12:34 - Nov 4 by stevec

Good point, it would have been a lot easier.

For all the flak Redknapp was getting, at the end of 2014 we were still hanging in there for that 4th bottom spot. Come January the club decided to use the transfer window as a means to oust Redknapp by not getting in the few players it could have taken to rescue the situation. Someone at the top, rather than just firing Redknapp, decided undermining him was the answer. Using the transfer market was unforgivable. Les has got his fingerprints all over this and Ramsey is no innocent either.

I said at the time, a lot of fans were about to get the club they deserved rather than wished for and got a sh*t load of down arrows for my trouble. This is where we are now.

Redknapp was given more money than any QPR manager in history just 2 years earlier, and we still went down, and went down much earlier than we did last season. You could've given Redknapp £50m and he would've taken us down. And he also should not have needed that money because the previous summer he'd spent a sh!t load of cash on another load of sh!t.
The club did absolutely the right thing, for once, last January.
Hanging in there for that 4th bottom spot. What a joke. In fact this whole post was a joke. Redknapp undermined? He'd been backed and backed better than any manager in our history and we were still utterly dreadful and completely reliant on a single player. One win in his last 10 games as boss, and that was a game we were 2-0 down in and only won because Charlie Austin was carrying 'Arry and his dodgy fkn knee on his back.

Criticise the current regime all you want, but don't go trying to re-write history like that, because it's utter, utter cr@p.

Bare bones.

What is the long term plan.? on 18:09 - Nov 4 with 905 viewsbaz_qpr

I do think the point about why did we accept relegation in January (TF "we dont need new players we just need to coach better what we have") is a valid one. Clearly he and the rest of them (lets not forget there are 3 of them and Amit) had been sold that line.

And I think that was definitely their intentions. We played it a certain way in the Summer and I think the belief was lose the crap keep the good (Phillips / Austin / Green) and add youngsters or up and coming players from the lower league and mount a challenge.

I think what changed was the impact of the share price fall in the summer of Air Aisa and the fact the club has been funded of the back of loans against Share value. The recent revelation that the banks were getting a bit nervous due to that share price fall, I think is what has changed the game, and I think there is clearly a view at board level that is concerned about restless crowd, poor performance etc. Getting thrashed by a poor to bang average Fulham side also was a major turning point.
What is the long term plan.? on 20:32 - Nov 4 with 843 viewsstevec

What is the long term plan.? on 17:54 - Nov 4 by Antti_Heinola

Redknapp was given more money than any QPR manager in history just 2 years earlier, and we still went down, and went down much earlier than we did last season. You could've given Redknapp £50m and he would've taken us down. And he also should not have needed that money because the previous summer he'd spent a sh!t load of cash on another load of sh!t.
The club did absolutely the right thing, for once, last January.
Hanging in there for that 4th bottom spot. What a joke. In fact this whole post was a joke. Redknapp undermined? He'd been backed and backed better than any manager in our history and we were still utterly dreadful and completely reliant on a single player. One win in his last 10 games as boss, and that was a game we were 2-0 down in and only won because Charlie Austin was carrying 'Arry and his dodgy fkn knee on his back.

Criticise the current regime all you want, but don't go trying to re-write history like that, because it's utter, utter cr@p.

whatever you think of Rdknapp, whatever money he spent, whatever salaries he paid, it was sanctioned and he got us promoted. For that the guy should be shown some respect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024