Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time's almost up Garry 18:49 - Nov 7 with 12278 viewsMLT18

I never contribute on any forum but I am totally frustrated and very worried so I have decided to come on here to vent my frustration.
Monk has 1 more game and if the Swans don't win, I'm afraid he has to go before it's too late.
We now play a slow, boring brand of football. We don't look like scoring a goal and we put the opposition under no pressure whatsoever when they have the ball.
I can't see us getting anywhere near 40 points and have just put £20 on us to get relegated at 16-1 (but I hope I lose).
I remember the last time we were relegated from the top flight and we all know what happened after that.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 0:43]
Time's almost up Gary on 21:27 - Nov 7 with 2016 viewsGeoffThom

Time's almost up Gary on 21:21 - Nov 7 by Phil_S

So it was said for effect - whether you are right or wrong. Glad we clarified

Now in the spirit of being nice - when it says cams was it supposed to be Xmas?

You don't need to be sorry if that is what you believe, as has been said elsewhere, if the club sack Monk then so be it. My loyalty will always be to the club ahead of any individual

For the record though I wouldn't sack him at this moment in time

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes it was now edited and as I said four year old iPad ,that's partly everyone's point the club comes first that's the panic no one wants the club to fail ,now explain why you wouldn't sack him ?
Time's almost up Gary on 21:35 - Nov 7 with 1985 viewsPhil_S

Time's almost up Gary on 21:27 - Nov 7 by GeoffThom

Yes it was now edited and as I said four year old iPad ,that's partly everyone's point the club comes first that's the panic no one wants the club to fail ,now explain why you wouldn't sack him ?

Why wouldn't I sack him at this point in time? THat's quite simple for me, put the COC to one side, we are on an eight game bad run in the PL.. Prior to that he achieved our best ever PL season with 56 points and the opening 4 games of this season we looked a very good side.

So for me the reality is he has had 8 bad games and he has earned himself the right to have the chance to put it right and be given slightly longer than those 8 games.

Our next fixtures (say 6 games) are home games against Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham and West Brom and away games at Liverpool and Man City. Add to that say Palace on 28th December and we should make a call at that point as to where we stand.

If we are at 22-25 points or more then for me he should see the season out.
Time's almost up Gary on 21:39 - Nov 7 with 1961 viewsDarran

Time's almost up Gary on 21:27 - Nov 7 by GeoffThom

We are without doubt playing very poorly and struggling big time Geoff but 14th isn't a sackable offence surely? (yet)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Time's almost up Gary on 21:42 - Nov 7 with 1944 viewsswan_si

Time's almost up Gary on 21:35 - Nov 7 by Phil_S

Why wouldn't I sack him at this point in time? THat's quite simple for me, put the COC to one side, we are on an eight game bad run in the PL.. Prior to that he achieved our best ever PL season with 56 points and the opening 4 games of this season we looked a very good side.

So for me the reality is he has had 8 bad games and he has earned himself the right to have the chance to put it right and be given slightly longer than those 8 games.

Our next fixtures (say 6 games) are home games against Bournemouth, Leicester, West Ham and West Brom and away games at Liverpool and Man City. Add to that say Palace on 28th December and we should make a call at that point as to where we stand.

If we are at 22-25 points or more then for me he should see the season out.

after recent performances, 9 - 12 points out of those fixtures could be a big ask.
Time's almost up Gary on 21:43 - Nov 7 with 1932 viewsPhil_S

Time's almost up Gary on 21:42 - Nov 7 by swan_si

after recent performances, 9 - 12 points out of those fixtures could be a big ask.

It could well be but I am of the firm belief that we will get results when people don't expect it - we have been doing it for several years

Naturally I hope I am right but I also believe that the manager has more than earned the chance to try and get to that stage
Time's almost up Gary on 21:49 - Nov 7 with 1914 viewsswan_si

Time's almost up Gary on 21:43 - Nov 7 by Phil_S

It could well be but I am of the firm belief that we will get results when people don't expect it - we have been doing it for several years

Naturally I hope I am right but I also believe that the manager has more than earned the chance to try and get to that stage

Naturally I also hope you're right.
Time's almost up Gary on 21:54 - Nov 7 with 1891 viewslovejuicejack

Time's almost up Gary on 21:49 - Nov 7 by swan_si

Naturally I also hope you're right.

All I want is for us to stay up and I hope that if we do continue on this form that the board do not act to late that is all but ultimately I want us to turn around our form sharpish and start playing like I know we can because the results will then follow.
Time's almost up Gary on 21:56 - Nov 7 with 1877 viewsDarran

Time's almost up Gary on 21:54 - Nov 7 by lovejuicejack

All I want is for us to stay up and I hope that if we do continue on this form that the board do not act to late that is all but ultimately I want us to turn around our form sharpish and start playing like I know we can because the results will then follow.

We all do dopey.

Login to get fewer ads

Time's almost up Gary on 22:15 - Nov 7 with 1834 viewsAngelRangelQS

Time's almost up Gary on 21:43 - Nov 7 by Phil_S

I think they need to put everything Monk has done for the club to one side to be honest. Monk has probably got enough credit in the bank to take us down and have a poor season in the championship at the very least.

The question I would be asking in the boardroom is whether we think Garry is capable of turning things around. If we beat Bournemouth and take a point from the Leicester game then barring an absolutely embarrassment of a result elsewhere probably buys him until Christmas.

Anything other than three points against Bournemouth though and I think that'll be enough to suggest he isn't capable of sorting things out.
Time's almost up Gary on 22:16 - Nov 7 with 1828 viewsGeoffThom

Let's all understand something nobody likes to see a manager sacked because ultimately it means you've had a crap season or a prelonged bad run but football is a results buissness and for some an entertainment show ,but sometimes you have to look at the big picture and say things are going badly wrong as is our case supporters aren't dumb ,well the majority aren't they know when things aren't right with their team and trust me on the state of play with us at this time it's no were near right ,we've all got ideas what's wrong most ideas being the same and when this happens heads roll like it or not .i know people want to give it longer and I wish I had a crystal ball to see what would happen so I ćould judge better but I don't ,I along with many others on message boards are very very concerned and can't see an end to this run ,were in trouble our football has gone and our manager and his team are struggling I personally think we need a change before it becomes untenable and also you give a transfer window to a new boss to change things
Time's almost up Gary on 22:16 - Nov 7 with 1828 viewslovejuicejack

Time's almost up Gary on 21:56 - Nov 7 by Darran

We all do dopey.

That's OK then
Time's almost up Gary on 22:39 - Nov 7 with 1789 viewsdailew

Time's almost up Gary on 20:41 - Nov 7 by Borojack

The odds are shortening by the week we were 20/1 before today 25/1 about 3 weeks ago.
Something is not right the summer window was very poor and Monk is not getting the best out of a very talented squad.
We spent close on 20 million in the summer and have gone backwards.
Lose the next game and I think the board will lose patience.

How come we had a very poor window but have avery talented squad?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Time's almost up Gary on 22:45 - Nov 7 with 1766 viewsmidswan

Time's almost up Gary on 22:39 - Nov 7 by dailew

it was a talented squad before the summer window as evidenced by our best ever finishing position last season.
Time's almost up Gary on 22:47 - Nov 7 with 1751 viewsVetchitBack

MLT shut up you know nothing tart.

That is all.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Time's almost up Gary on 22:59 - Nov 7 with 1717 viewsBorojack

Time's almost up Gary on 22:39 - Nov 7 by dailew

We were better last season.
Ayew is the only platyer thats added anything out of the summer signings.
But the balance of the side has suffered and we are effictively now playing with one winger.
So I feel we have spent a lot of money and the performances have dropped not good really.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Time's almost up Gary on 23:04 - Nov 7 with 1674 viewsMLT18

Time's almost up Gary on 22:47 - Nov 7 by VetchitBack

MLT shut up you know nothing tart.

That is all.

Why are you abusive to me? I guess it's that time of night when new contributors have had a beer or two. Really good contribution that.
Time's almost up Gary on 23:08 - Nov 7 with 1657 viewsbuilthjack

If we were playing well and losing I wouldn't have a problem. But we are poor at the moment.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Time's almost up Gary on 23:13 - Nov 7 with 1643 viewsLandore_Jack

Crises meeting Monday morning?

#backtojack

Time's almost up Gary on 23:15 - Nov 7 with 1628 viewslovejuicejack

Time's almost up Gary on 23:13 - Nov 7 by Landore_Jack

I'd like to think so
Time's almost up Gary on 23:25 - Nov 7 with 1597 viewsdailew

Time's almost up Gary on 22:59 - Nov 7 by Borojack

We were better last season.
Ayew is the only platyer thats added anything out of the summer signings.
But the balance of the side has suffered and we are effictively now playing with one winger.
So I feel we have spent a lot of money and the performances have dropped not good really.

Who left in the summer and weakened the squad?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 23:26]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Time's almost up Gary on 23:40 - Nov 7 with 1552 viewsLandore_Jack

We lost Bony half way through last season. That's had a major impact on some of our players and the way we play. He is also a better striker than Gomis.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 23:44]

#backtojack

Time's almost up Gary on 23:43 - Nov 7 with 1543 viewsDarran

Time's almost up Gary on 23:25 - Nov 7 by dailew

Cornell

Time's almost up Gary on 00:26 - Nov 8 with 1465 viewsraynor94

Time's almost up Gary on 23:13 - Nov 7 by Landore_Jack

Leave the wine alone, late at night

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time's almost up Gary on 00:31 - Nov 8 with 1462 viewsWarwickHunt

Time's almost up Gary on 00:26 - Nov 8 by raynor94

Leave the wine alone, late at night

Beats Prozac...
Time's almost up Gary on 08:24 - Nov 8 with 1349 viewsBorojack

Time's almost up Gary on 23:25 - Nov 7 by dailew

Nobody left to weaken the squad.
Ayew has come in and the shapes all wrong.
Dyer went on loan when it should have been Barrow.
Monk has tried to be to clever and its clearly not working.
The squad is a talented one both this season and last but Monk is
not getting the bes out of them.
And his stubborness is dragging us twoards a relegation battle.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024