Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weekly friskings 18:20 - Dec 6 with 3827 viewsleonardrafc

I fully expected to be frisked today, purely due to the nature of the fixture, but I was told that the stewards in the Pearl Street stand had only been asked to search men, not women.

Seeing as there was 3 smoke bombs let off in the away stand, and there was a loud noise in the Pearl Street that sounded like a firework, I have to wonder what is the point of it all?

Is it something the club has been told it has to do? Is there any regulations/supervision on how it is done? Am I going to be frisked every single home game? I know this was covered in another thread (can't remember which one) but I can see this getting on my nerves if it is every week and done by some half head who doesn't actually know what they are doing.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 18:30]
Weekly friskings on 18:27 - Dec 6 with 3783 views442Dale

From another thread, the Trust have been contacted on this subject (see below) and I'm sure they're as equally interested in the club's view as the fans they represent. Hopefully we will receve some clarification by the end of the week. Question 1 obviously relates to this subject:

<<Good afternoon,

A couple of issues have come up amongst the fanbase in the last week that we would appreciate some feedback on. With the make up of the Trust board as it is, could this be addressed to the benefit of all supporters who may be affected by the situations below? If responses could be up on the Trust site by the end of the week, that would be great. If not, could you give information via the same route as to when a response may appear? Thanks in advance. 

1) what is the situation with fans being searched when going into the ground? Some fans were searched at the Pearl St end before the Port Vale game whereas supporters in other stands were not. At the Bury game one steward at the Sandy Lane turnstiles was searching fans thoroughly, while another let fans past without a second glance. Could there be some communication from the club about the current policy around searching supporters entering the ground with an assurance that there is a consistent approach implemented?

2) with the changes that sometimes occur with all ticket games, specifically fans being told that they will be able to purchase tickets on the day of the game once police agree, could the admin fees incurred for buying online etc be waived? If not, will there be a process in place to refund these supporters in some way?
If not, what plans are in place to ensure those fans who have used these methods before aren't potentially waiting to see if they can pay on the day in the future? Should the police not allow this to happen, the club could miss out on significant revenue. 

Thanks again for your time.>>
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 18:31]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Weekly friskings on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 3684 viewschuckleberry

Weekly friskings on 18:27 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

From another thread, the Trust have been contacted on this subject (see below) and I'm sure they're as equally interested in the club's view as the fans they represent. Hopefully we will receve some clarification by the end of the week. Question 1 obviously relates to this subject:

<<Good afternoon,

A couple of issues have come up amongst the fanbase in the last week that we would appreciate some feedback on. With the make up of the Trust board as it is, could this be addressed to the benefit of all supporters who may be affected by the situations below? If responses could be up on the Trust site by the end of the week, that would be great. If not, could you give information via the same route as to when a response may appear? Thanks in advance. 

1) what is the situation with fans being searched when going into the ground? Some fans were searched at the Pearl St end before the Port Vale game whereas supporters in other stands were not. At the Bury game one steward at the Sandy Lane turnstiles was searching fans thoroughly, while another let fans past without a second glance. Could there be some communication from the club about the current policy around searching supporters entering the ground with an assurance that there is a consistent approach implemented?

2) with the changes that sometimes occur with all ticket games, specifically fans being told that they will be able to purchase tickets on the day of the game once police agree, could the admin fees incurred for buying online etc be waived? If not, will there be a process in place to refund these supporters in some way?
If not, what plans are in place to ensure those fans who have used these methods before aren't potentially waiting to see if they can pay on the day in the future? Should the police not allow this to happen, the club could miss out on significant revenue. 

Thanks again for your time.>>
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 18:31]

If stewards were just frisking women they missed me and my Mum; my male friend was frisked.
Weekly friskings on 19:14 - Dec 6 with 3658 viewsTalkingSutty

Weekly friskings on 19:09 - Dec 6 by chuckleberry

If stewards were just frisking women they missed me and my Mum; my male friend was frisked.

You sound dissapointed
Weekly friskings on 08:07 - Dec 7 with 3480 viewswindowsbug

A Steward searching you on public land in Wilbuts Lane is on a legal sticky wicket.
They have no rights at all. Just ask if you can search them.
Search people inside the ground after they have the money.
Weekly friskings on 11:19 - Dec 7 with 3380 viewspioneer

Weekly friskings on 08:07 - Dec 7 by windowsbug

A Steward searching you on public land in Wilbuts Lane is on a legal sticky wicket.
They have no rights at all. Just ask if you can search them.
Search people inside the ground after they have the money.

No' searching can be made a condition of entry to the stadium. People not enetring are not being searched. If searches were done after entry then anyone found with stuff not approptriate such as fish and chips would lose their admission money and the damage from exploding fish and chips would not be prevented. If you tell the bloke you are not entering the ground you will not be searched
Weekly friskings on 13:16 - Dec 7 with 3286 viewsDaveButt

Weekly friskings on 11:19 - Dec 7 by pioneer

No' searching can be made a condition of entry to the stadium. People not enetring are not being searched. If searches were done after entry then anyone found with stuff not approptriate such as fish and chips would lose their admission money and the damage from exploding fish and chips would not be prevented. If you tell the bloke you are not entering the ground you will not be searched

The searching of spectators is covered by rule 6 of the Ground Regulations:
All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.
Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/fans/spotland_ground_regulations/index.aspx#PAs67lq
Weekly friskings on 13:23 - Dec 7 with 3264 views100notout

Weekly friskings on 13:16 - Dec 7 by DaveButt

The searching of spectators is covered by rule 6 of the Ground Regulations:
All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge the Club's right to search any person entering the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.
Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/fans/spotland_ground_regulations/index.aspx#PAs67lq

So Dave, going back to the OP, were the bury fans not searched when they entered and if they were why were the smoke bombs not found? Or are we assuming that they were taken in by women and if this is the case why fookin bother at all?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Weekly friskings on 13:36 - Dec 7 with 3245 views_dezzy

3 of us entered the pearl st end, one pensioner one female and me, not one of us was searched, This was after 11.50.

KHBA

Login to get fewer ads

Weekly friskings on 14:48 - Dec 7 with 3174 viewsD_Alien

Weekly friskings on 13:23 - Dec 7 by 100notout

So Dave, going back to the OP, were the bury fans not searched when they entered and if they were why were the smoke bombs not found? Or are we assuming that they were taken in by women and if this is the case why fookin bother at all?

Search me.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Weekly friskings on 19:24 - Dec 7 with 3076 views1mark1

Weekly friskings on 13:23 - Dec 7 by 100notout

The club obviously don't know what they are doing in this regard, so inconsistent, allowing people in with potentially dangerous fireworks and flares. This has happened before, on at least one occasion when FCUM came in with flares, so lessons not learned.

Like I have said, search everyone, or don't bother, because otherwise you are discriminating against those that are searched.

And I would say this to Dave Butt, please clarify, just what has been the recommendations of the security services regarding searches?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Weekly friskings on 20:27 - Dec 7 with 3003 viewsDalenet

Weekly friskings on 19:24 - Dec 7 by 1mark1

The club obviously don't know what they are doing in this regard, so inconsistent, allowing people in with potentially dangerous fireworks and flares. This has happened before, on at least one occasion when FCUM came in with flares, so lessons not learned.

Like I have said, search everyone, or don't bother, because otherwise you are discriminating against those that are searched.

And I would say this to Dave Butt, please clarify, just what has been the recommendations of the security services regarding searches?

I thought Dave Butt was long gone

Random searching is the only way to be honest. Searches are rarely seem in ever seen in the main stand - probably due to the average age of spectators in there and the fear of touching a damp patch!!!

Mind you, I was a little apprehensive when the steward was wearing rubber gloves and holding a tube of lube. What was that for? We hadn't paid extra. And PDiddy was in Bangkok
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024