Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread 19:20 - Jan 1 with 8858 viewsToast_R

Long before Green signed for QPR under a massive wage increase on his elaspsed contract at West Ham, I always had Green down as an absolute melt. Mainly because of Clint Dempsey's pea roller in the World Cup that the average six year old goalkeeper at little league could have scooped up blindfolded.

He's never impressed me to be honest, his QPR premier league campaign got off to a terrible start v Swansea culpable for their soft opener and then flapping soft goals whenever given the nod over Cesar. Admittedly a bit of a renaissance in the Championship in 2013/14 but then Qpr had a solid back line most of that season. Sine then he's been so complacent and this season in particular, so can no longer be considered "a decent Championship keeper" because evidently he's not. He's given away Christ knows how many soft goals this season that he's making Tony Roberts look like Gordon Banks.

Please, please get him our of those sticks. Just see what Smithies can do. Can't be any worse surely??
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 19:54]
The on 10:50 - Jan 2 with 1494 viewsToast_R

I can't believe anyone can think dropping Green wouldn't change anything. On the pitch his form has been a massive problem for us this season. Those run of the mill mistakes costing QPR as many points as having a fit and firing Charlie would have won the club.

Then there was that incident last season gifting Chelsea 3 points when the team had been fighting for 90 minutes tooth and nail. I've never known a goalkeeper as consistently flakey as Green keep getting picked every game. Ridiculous and doing no one any good.

Before we lose another young goalkeeper and just to freshen that defence up for the rest of the season, Smithies must be given more games the 1 and a quarter he's been given so far which, incidently only happened due to Green making another pathetic howler and chucking more points away.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 11:06]
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 11:35 - Jan 2 with 1452 viewsHollowayRanger

difference is

green is very experienced and on big money and so when the mistake comes he's an easy target and rightly so

is smithers makes a mistake we have to accept that he's young and not over costly in wages

i actually like green but the fans are turning and yesterday was a sign of panic diving in front of his centreback to try to punch ball away for me we should offer green a free transfer just to save on his wages and give smithers a chance after all green will leave end of season anyhow so e need to know if smithers is up to it ,should also get another keeper in on loan

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 11:40 - Jan 2 with 1443 viewsWatford_Ranger

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 11:35 - Jan 2 by HollowayRanger

difference is

green is very experienced and on big money and so when the mistake comes he's an easy target and rightly so

is smithers makes a mistake we have to accept that he's young and not over costly in wages

i actually like green but the fans are turning and yesterday was a sign of panic diving in front of his centreback to try to punch ball away for me we should offer green a free transfer just to save on his wages and give smithers a chance after all green will leave end of season anyhow so e need to know if smithers is up to it ,should also get another keeper in on loan

Smithers?

We've been trying to give Green away for a long time. No one will take him.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 12:08 - Jan 2 with 1427 viewswombat

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 10:44 - Jan 2 by QPR1882

The only trouble with giving smithies a go is what happens when he makes his next mistake ?. The two games he has played for us he has made errors leading to goals against. So what happens if he comes in next game and makes another rick ? Do you call for Green to be put back in ? Most on here would look pretty silly if they did after campaigning so hard to get him out in the 1st place. I don't feel Green is as bad as most make out, yes he makes errors but name me one player in the team that does not. Your next argument will be Greens errors lead to goals well in my opinion every error on the pitch can lead up to goals, Henry not following his man last night or Cheif letting the cross come over for example. Charlie,Phillips,Henry,Polter have all missed what I would class as sitters this year, sitters that would have got us points. As a keeper I will welcome Smithies into the side and like Green will defend him if I think mistakes blamed on him are not his fault.Just be careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

green look a lot worse now the hall chief partnership has ended in front of him
id still drop him and bring smithies in for at least the next six games

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The on 12:11 - Jan 2 with 1425 viewsjohncharles

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 12:08 - Jan 2 by wombat

green look a lot worse now the hall chief partnership has ended in front of him
id still drop him and bring smithies in for at least the next six games

Hall had a word or two to say to Green after the latest cock up. Couldn't hear what he said from MU but it wasn't nice. I'm not a lip reader but something along the lines of "What the fukcing hell do you think you're doing. did you just fall asleep ? You've just thrown the game away you knob "
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 12:16]

Strong and stable my arse.

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 12:12 - Jan 2 with 1422 viewswombat

The on 12:11 - Jan 2 by johncharles

Hall had a word or two to say to Green after the latest cock up. Couldn't hear what he said from MU but it wasn't nice. I'm not a lip reader but something along the lines of "What the fukcing hell do you think you're doing. did you just fall asleep ? You've just thrown the game away you knob "
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 12:16]

was sat in the loft and hall deco told him what he thought of him, hall didn't get a shout to leave it from green thats for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 12:55 - Jan 2 with 1390 viewsisawqpratwcity

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 11:40 - Jan 2 by Watford_Ranger

Smithers?

We've been trying to give Green away for a long time. No one will take him.

Like a lot of people on here, Holloway makes the mistake of thinking that after we have paid a hefty fee to sign some player of note on an expensive contract, we can expose them as near useless and still expect another club to take and pay them as though their reputation was still intact.

For the duration of their contract, they might as well be super-glued here. It's a perfect FFP trap.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 13:24 - Jan 2 with 1360 viewsQPR_Jim

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 10:44 - Jan 2 by QPR1882

The only trouble with giving smithies a go is what happens when he makes his next mistake ?. The two games he has played for us he has made errors leading to goals against. So what happens if he comes in next game and makes another rick ? Do you call for Green to be put back in ? Most on here would look pretty silly if they did after campaigning so hard to get him out in the 1st place. I don't feel Green is as bad as most make out, yes he makes errors but name me one player in the team that does not. Your next argument will be Greens errors lead to goals well in my opinion every error on the pitch can lead up to goals, Henry not following his man last night or Cheif letting the cross come over for example. Charlie,Phillips,Henry,Polter have all missed what I would class as sitters this year, sitters that would have got us points. As a keeper I will welcome Smithies into the side and like Green will defend him if I think mistakes blamed on him are not his fault.Just be careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

You make a good point however I would say that whilst there would still be mistakes whether it's green or smithies, the bonus of giving smithies a chance is that he can learn from the experience and improve for next year. Green on the other hand is almost certainly leaving in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 13:50 - Jan 2 with 1338 viewsLongsufferingR

1882 is right that the grass isn't always greener on the other side but at least you should have a proper look and check how green it is.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 16:47 - Jan 2 with 1287 viewsthemodfather

well we paid enough for him, he has to get a chance, anything to be rid of mr relegation green.
The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 16:50 - Jan 2 with 1285 viewsTheBlob

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 13:50 - Jan 2 by LongsufferingR

1882 is right that the grass isn't always greener on the other side but at least you should have a proper look and check how green it is.

It's extremely brown on both sides of the fence.
The colour of shit in fact.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The "Please Give Smithies a Chance" Thread on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 1265 views2Thomas2Bowles

A Change.org petition should be set up so Jimmy should know who to pick

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024