Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin Replacement Thread 13:28 - Jan 16 with 12453 viewsichbinnaughty

Options, suggestions here - within the realms of realism and possibility; let's assume JFH has £4m to spend.

Austin Replacement Thread on 12:45 - Jan 18 with 1055 viewsDevonrrr

Austin Replacement Thread on 22:07 - Jan 16 by paulparker

Le fondre , blimey did you see his finishing on soccer am today ?
There are a few strikers out there we could look at on loan or permanent
Kyle lafferty on loan would be OK
Alex Nimley at city
Sinclair loan from Liverpool
A double deal for waghorn or Tavernier at Rangers
Nichols at Exeter

I can understand why you mention Nicholls (Exeter City) based on his performance against Liverpool but I see quite a lot of Exeter and would be very surprised if he ever plays higher than League 1. He is a decent finisher at this level but doesn't stand out as others who went onto better thing have done. Would be happy with Bamford but would we have to change to 2 up top to get the best out of him?
Austin Replacement Thread on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 1039 viewsdaveB

Austin Replacement Thread on 12:45 - Jan 18 by Devonrrr

I can understand why you mention Nicholls (Exeter City) based on his performance against Liverpool but I see quite a lot of Exeter and would be very surprised if he ever plays higher than League 1. He is a decent finisher at this level but doesn't stand out as others who went onto better thing have done. Would be happy with Bamford but would we have to change to 2 up top to get the best out of him?

He played on his own up front for Derby and Boro
Austin Replacement Thread on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 1037 viewsdaveB

Austin Replacement Thread on 12:16 - Jan 18 by adhoc_qpr

But doesn't that beg the question of why Pardew picked absolutely anyone over Bamford?

And in his 6 appearances he contributed nothing?

Obviously i have no insight into his character other than what i've read in the media, but i'd rather a player who wants to be here and is itching for a chance, rather than one who maybe thinks he has nothing to prove in the Championship.

He'd be better than nothing, but i think we should look longer term rather than try to paper over cracks with a loanee.

probably not good enough for the prem but on a short term loan for us whilst we look for a proper replacement for Austin should be fine
Austin Replacement Thread on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 906 viewsJamie

Austin Replacement Thread on 12:16 - Jan 18 by adhoc_qpr

But doesn't that beg the question of why Pardew picked absolutely anyone over Bamford?

And in his 6 appearances he contributed nothing?

Obviously i have no insight into his character other than what i've read in the media, but i'd rather a player who wants to be here and is itching for a chance, rather than one who maybe thinks he has nothing to prove in the Championship.

He'd be better than nothing, but i think we should look longer term rather than try to paper over cracks with a loanee.

Suspect it was partly that he didn't really fit the system - Gayle & Bamford struggled, Chamakh & Wickham preferred.

Added to that he's possibly not quite good enough yet and Pardew also hinted that he thought he'd made it as so wasn't training at 100%. Something Bamford has since apologised for.

Comes across as though it's given him a reality check and if he can't get a PL loan then a short term loan here would be a good option IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024