Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata 15:48 - Jan 17 with 35784 viewsraynor94

Looks like up to 800 job losses to be announced, 600 at Port Talbot, a devastating blow for the area, let's just hope Tata keep the faith and see these rough times through

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata on 17:29 - Apr 4 with 3129 viewsdailew

Was he before his time or has been proven wrong?

From his book.

"Forty-seven Vietnamese or forty-seven Filipinos can be employed for the cost of one person in a developed country like France. The adoption of global free trade would therefore be utterly disastrous for the middle- and working-classes of the West, as the transnational corporations simply move their production operations offshore. But the poor of the less-developed world would not benefit much, either

...one of the characteristics of developing countries is that a small handful of people controls the overwhelming majority of the nation's resources. It is these people ... who assemble the cheap labour which is used to manufacture products for the developed world. Thus, it is the poor in the rich countries who will subsidize the rich in the poor countries."

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Tata on 18:45 - Apr 4 with 3065 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tata on 17:29 - Apr 4 by dailew

From his book.

"Forty-seven Vietnamese or forty-seven Filipinos can be employed for the cost of one person in a developed country like France. The adoption of global free trade would therefore be utterly disastrous for the middle- and working-classes of the West, as the transnational corporations simply move their production operations offshore. But the poor of the less-developed world would not benefit much, either

...one of the characteristics of developing countries is that a small handful of people controls the overwhelming majority of the nation's resources. It is these people ... who assemble the cheap labour which is used to manufacture products for the developed world. Thus, it is the poor in the rich countries who will subsidize the rich in the poor countries."

Very true and this is the future but it must be handled in stages. We must protect our industries as the transition takes place. There has to be a levelling out but the cost must be bourne across the civilised world.
In the short term BBC Cardiff says there is nothing Carwyn can do to sort out the problem other than the offer he has made of 60m. Really? They are letting him off the hook. He has pumped more than that into Rhoose airport. How about shelving some of the Cardiff projects to fund the support whilst we get the steel industry back on its feet.?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tata on 18:50 - Apr 4 with 3057 viewsyescomeon

From his book.

Very interesting video (set of videos), what's the name of his book, I'd like to read it?

From listening to what he has to say, the only solutions I can think to the issues he raise is to either a. pay a citizens wage from money raised by taxing corporations or b. increase import levies on products which could be produced in the UK to give corporations the incentive to employ people in this country.

The issue with a. is that corporations will find ways to avoid the tax, as they are doing that now and the issue with b. is that it is probably not possible within the EU? I don't know if the last bit I said there is true, I can't imagine moving of labour from the UK to the EU is much of a problem it would be to much lower wage economies outside the EU but does the EU government set the tariffs for non-EU imports or is that the responsibility of UK? I would guess the latter is the case, in which case the EU is not the problem but the current UK government.

Upthecity!

Tata on 18:54 - Apr 4 with 3052 viewsmonmouth

Tata on 18:50 - Apr 4 by yescomeon

Very interesting video (set of videos), what's the name of his book, I'd like to read it?

From listening to what he has to say, the only solutions I can think to the issues he raise is to either a. pay a citizens wage from money raised by taxing corporations or b. increase import levies on products which could be produced in the UK to give corporations the incentive to employ people in this country.

The issue with a. is that corporations will find ways to avoid the tax, as they are doing that now and the issue with b. is that it is probably not possible within the EU? I don't know if the last bit I said there is true, I can't imagine moving of labour from the UK to the EU is much of a problem it would be to much lower wage economies outside the EU but does the EU government set the tariffs for non-EU imports or is that the responsibility of UK? I would guess the latter is the case, in which case the EU is not the problem but the current UK government.

Wait til we get TTIP. Oh bbbbbbaby.....you just ain't seen nothing yet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tata on 19:05 - Apr 4 with 3040 viewsdailew

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Trap-Sir-James-Goldsmith/dp/0333642244/ref=cm_cr_arp

A citizen's wage from money raised by a land value tax might be an answer. Near impossible for the über rich to dodge.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Tata on 19:17 - Apr 4 with 3018 viewsyescomeon

Tata on 19:05 - Apr 4 by dailew

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Trap-Sir-James-Goldsmith/dp/0333642244/ref=cm_cr_arp

A citizen's wage from money raised by a land value tax might be an answer. Near impossible for the über rich to dodge.

Cheers pal now you posted the link I recall that they said the interviewer introduced the book at the start of part 1.

Upthecity!

Tata on 20:22 - Apr 4 with 2961 viewswaynekerr55

Tata on 19:05 - Apr 4 by dailew

For the record my land in Watford is pretty damn expensive. Yes, fûcking Watford! How would a tax like that work in reality?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tata on 15:42 - Apr 5 with 2851 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 20:22 - Apr 4 by waynekerr55

For the record my land in Watford is pretty damn expensive. Yes, fûcking Watford! How would a tax like that work in reality?

The wife's relatives in Hackney and Shoreditch would be in for a nasty surprise too...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Tata on 16:08 - Apr 5 with 2827 viewsLohengrin

From his book.

I've got a signed copy of The Trap knocking about the house somewhere. I went to see him speak in the early '90s, Dai, he was a larger than life character that's for sure.

What he's saying there is nothing new, though. Goldsmith may have become rattled by the consequences of Capital's machinations but siren voices were raised here long before his. Listen to this from 1936. Forget about outdated references to Empire but listen closely to the general thrust of argument. How precise is the summation of today's predicament?

Tata on 16:47 - Apr 5 with 2796 viewsskippyjack

Goldsmith is partially correct.. but it's mainly 'societies' fault.. society buy products..

The manufacturers get out clause.. demand is there, destroy society at your peril..

it's simple enough.. people make choices..

you choose to destroy the climate
you choose to smoke
you choose to drink
you choose to buy products
you choose to unbalance the economy
You choose to buy cars and petrol

economic collapse is what society wants..

is the world going to stop? no.

It's all greed.. the world is manufactured around greed.

it's like a magnetised plague, and it's getting worse.. people are getting too greedy, too quick.. this dimension is moving too fast..

studies indicate that millions of youngsters in the western world are suffering burnout.. because they're being exposed to vast amounts of information.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Tata on 17:37 - Apr 5 with 2772 viewsjack247

Tata on 16:47 - Apr 5 by skippyjack

Goldsmith is partially correct.. but it's mainly 'societies' fault.. society buy products..

The manufacturers get out clause.. demand is there, destroy society at your peril..

it's simple enough.. people make choices..

you choose to destroy the climate
you choose to smoke
you choose to drink
you choose to buy products
you choose to unbalance the economy
You choose to buy cars and petrol

economic collapse is what society wants..

is the world going to stop? no.

It's all greed.. the world is manufactured around greed.

it's like a magnetised plague, and it's getting worse.. people are getting too greedy, too quick.. this dimension is moving too fast..

studies indicate that millions of youngsters in the western world are suffering burnout.. because they're being exposed to vast amounts of information.

'You choose to buy products' is a belter. I hope enough people are suitably ashamed to stop buying things. The economy would be in great shape if nobody bought anything.
Tata on 22:22 - Apr 5 with 2698 viewsSwanzay

Just watching BBC news, when someone is lying they blink uncontrollable

#sanjeev gupta
Tata on 10:48 - Jun 27 with 2413 viewsCountyJim

Well as of today im redundant its a strange feeling after 27 years

But hey new beginnings and all that
Tata on 11:12 - Jun 27 with 2395 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tata on 10:48 - Jun 27 by CountyJim

You have my sympathy mate and all the best for the future. I also hope the complete disaster this country now finds itself in does not affect any potential takeover and therfore the creation of job opportunities for you and the others who have lost their jobs. I wish you all the very best.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tata on 11:23 - Jun 27 with 2376 viewsLeonisGod

The EU sets tariffs and provides the coordinating structure through which EU industry is protected from cheap imports.I
Tata on 22:53 - Jun 27 with 2289 viewsmax936

Tata on 10:48 - Jun 27 by CountyJim

I finished up today Jimbo on my own volition though after 12yrs working there for a contractor, my new job starts on 11th July.

Have you had any luck getting anything?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata on 06:56 - Jun 28 with 2237 viewsCountyJim

Tata on 22:53 - Jun 27 by max936

I finished up today Jimbo on my own volition though after 12yrs working there for a contractor, my new job starts on 11th July.

Have you had any luck getting anything?

Good luck to you Steve

Im training on the lorries with all the exams etc thees a fair bit to it
Tata on 09:15 - Jun 28 with 2197 viewsmax936

Tata on 06:56 - Jun 28 by CountyJim

Good luck to you Steve

Good luck Jimbo, I've just about finished my Gas quals, it hasn't been to bad though in fairness, still lots to learn though, but I'll get that on the job.

Tata on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 2006 viewsCountyJim

Tata on 06:56 - Jun 28 by CountyJim

Good luck to you Steve

Got a job starting Wednesday its in Avonmouth picking up medical waste and Sharps etc from Hospitals Health centres Sexual Health centres and Funeral homes

At least I will get some experience driving

My Routes are in Hereford Gloucestershire and Bristol

Cant wait
Tata on 18:30 - Aug 1 with 1940 viewsmax936

Tata on 16:48 - Aug 1 by CountyJim

Got a job starting Wednesday its in Avonmouth picking up medical waste and Sharps etc from Hospitals Health centres Sexual Health centres and Funeral homes

At least I will get some experience driving

My Routes are in Hereford Gloucestershire and Bristol

Cant wait

Well done Jimbo and good luck.

Tata on 16:11 - Aug 5 with 1767 viewsCountyJim

Tata on 18:30 - Aug 1 by max936

Well done Jimbo and good luck.

Cheers Steve , im gutted they withdrew the offer last minute all down to budgets

Tata on 17:28 - Aug 5 with 1741 viewsmax936

Tata on 16:11 - Aug 5 by CountyJim

Cheers Steve , im gutted they withdrew the offer last minute all down to budgets

Bastards, better off without them if that's the way they treat people musher.

Tata on 18:39 - Sep 2 with 1599 viewsCountyJim

Word is they are taking on 100 agency workers again if its true its a kick in the teeth to those of us that have just been laid off
Tata on 19:12 - Sep 2 with 1575 viewsLohengrin

Tata on 18:39 - Sep 2 by CountyJim

Word is they are taking on 100 agency workers again if its true its a kick in the teeth to those of us that have just been laid off

More than a rumour, Jim, and it's a lot more than a hundred spread across the works. A lot more.

We have now arrived at a situation where you will have two men working side-by-side, day-in-day-out, performing the same task. One will have holiday pay, sick pay, a company pension (albeit a reduced package from the old BSC) the other will have none of the aforementioned. Given the respective rates of pay, perhaps differing shift allowance too, the one man will probably be earning somewhere in the region of £10k more than the other.

It's despicable but these multinationals fully aware of the depressed nature of local employment prospects will exploit the situation to the utmost and what's more both Labour and Plaid will stand up and applaud at the Senedd, hailing it as some sort of triumph.

Tata on 09:54 - Sep 3 with 1475 viewsskippyjack

Tata on 19:12 - Sep 2 by Lohengrin

More than a rumour, Jim, and it's a lot more than a hundred spread across the works. A lot more.

We have now arrived at a situation where you will have two men working side-by-side, day-in-day-out, performing the same task. One will have holiday pay, sick pay, a company pension (albeit a reduced package from the old BSC) the other will have none of the aforementioned. Given the respective rates of pay, perhaps differing shift allowance too, the one man will probably be earning somewhere in the region of £10k more than the other.

It's despicable but these multinationals fully aware of the depressed nature of local employment prospects will exploit the situation to the utmost and what's more both Labour and Plaid will stand up and applaud at the Senedd, hailing it as some sort of triumph.

Tata's excuse..

you all choose to work for Tata.. Tata works for himself. And everyone has the 'right' to do so.

Tata is responsible for the cancer epidemic that has been thrust upon the western world.

Tata believes the workforce is responsible for the cancer holocaust.. because they actively partake in the cause of cell mutation.

Therefore Tata treats it's workforce like murderous scum.. which, in theory, is correct.

But the 'working man' is blind, and manipulated by propaganda.

Over to you.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024