Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short term memory 20:36 - Jan 23 with 5838 viewsAsh7

At the game today I saw fans screaming, shouting and swearing at the players and the management. People need to remember how far Rochdale have come over the recent years under Keith Hill. When he took over, Rochdale were near the bottom of league 2 and after 1 full season in charge he rebuilt a squad (with no money) which is capable of challenging any team in the division on their day. Today the performance wasn't great and fans will inevitably be frustrated, as am I, however people need to remember, Rochdale are playing well above their means, largely down to the manager and the staff themselves.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 22:52]
Short term memory on 20:45 - Jan 23 with 5768 viewsVespa

I've never been able to understand "fans" that swear and abuse players. Like that's ever going to improve any performance or motivation.

Purile.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Short term memory on 21:04 - Jan 23 with 5667 viewskentishdale

spot on
Short term memory on 21:14 - Jan 23 with 5616 viewsmacro

It’s heat of the moment, some peoples way of letting of steam. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s what happens occasionally.
Short term memory (n/t) on 21:31 - Jan 23 with 5524 viewsBingoballs

[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 21:34]
Short term memory (n/t) on 21:35 - Jan 23 with 5494 viewsBingoballs

[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 21:49]
Short term memory on 21:36 - Jan 23 with 5465 viewsD_Alien

I agree with most of what the OP has to say.

I wonder what effect the state of the Spotland pitch has had on the players? If I were one of them, I'd be feeling some degree of demotivation. The prospect of playing quality, entertaining football at home for the rest of the season (even if our form allowed it) has diminished. Are the two things - the pitch, and our worst performance of the season, unrelated?

The only consolation is thinking about what happened after our capitulation at Latics last season. Our defending was every bit as shambolic. We recovered well enough to attain our highest league finish, but that was with a decent surface to play on.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Short term memory (n/t) on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 5406 viewsBingoballs

Short term memory on 21:04 - Jan 23 by kentishdale

spot on

[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 21:50]
Short term memory on 21:59 - Jan 23 with 5316 viewsSwissdale

Agree that Keith Hill is 100% still the right man for the job, and that he's achieved so much in his time at dale.

However, I am sick to death of hearing that we are playing "well above our means" after every bloody defeat! We all know that these are successful times for the club, I've been watching for 25 years and dont need reminding every 5 minutes that for the majority of our existence we have been a fourth tier club.

Dale overachieving is a valid excuse for us having to sell our best players, and for us not splashing out on transfers and high wages. It is NOT an excuse for our players not being able to defend a set piece, or for terrible players being given far more chances in the team than others.

The set piece thing is actually ridiculous. We have looked vulnerable from every cross, corner and free kick all season, and have not improved. If anything, we look to have got worse because other clubs have worked out this is our weakness.

Having said all that, I don't think the stereotypical overachieving excuse was actually used by the management today - just a few on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Short term memory on 22:05 - Jan 23 with 5278 viewsAsh7

Sometimes its necessary for people to hear that in order to be realistic and not to get carried away, turning on the players and manager after a bad day at the office is not justified.
Short term memory on 22:18 - Jan 23 with 5210 viewsolympicdale

Not short term memory, just expectations grow as you rise further.

Life is a game of fate.

Short term memory on 22:22 - Jan 23 with 5185 viewsAsh7

Short term memory on 22:18 - Jan 23 by olympicdale

Not short term memory, just expectations grow as you rise further.

I think you need a reality check.
Short term memory on 22:40 - Jan 23 with 5105 viewsRotherhamDale

Every time we get hammered, there's a post that tells us how lucky we are. Today is no different it seems.

Possession with progression.

Short term memory on 22:54 - Jan 23 with 5043 viewspioneer

Short term memory on 22:40 - Jan 23 by RotherhamDale

Every time we get hammered, there's a post that tells us how lucky we are. Today is no different it seems.

and based on Daliens comments we can blame Hornets!

I expect to be called a tosser within minutes.
Short term memory on 23:38 - Jan 23 with 4926 viewsolympicdale

Short term memory on 22:22 - Jan 23 by Ash7

I think you need a reality check.

I'm not totally disagreeing with your OP, everyone appreciates what Hill has done etc and I hate this sort of booing, I think much of it is short term-ism, which has taken over football. It, however doesn't stop paying fans from expecting a certain quality each game, and its purely frustration and in the heat of the moment, but that's there prerogative.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 0:37]

Life is a game of fate.

Short term memory on 23:51 - Jan 23 with 4884 viewsD_Alien

Short term memory on 22:54 - Jan 23 by pioneer

I didn't mention Hornets.

Following the club's statement about the pitch, it was me who was advocating that fans should move on from last week, and in posting about it tonight was simply reflecting on whether the players might've been affected.

Dunno whether that makes you a tosser or not, but it's worth considering.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 23:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Short term memory on 12:16 - Jan 24 with 4523 viewsVespa

Short term memory on 22:54 - Jan 23 by pioneer

Tosser

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Short term memory on 16:59 - Jan 24 with 4304 viewsrod_leach

It reminds me of toddlers who have a paddy when things don't go their way. It's only a game FFS.
Short term memory on 17:12 - Jan 24 with 4272 viewswimborne_dale

In the League this season so far we have lost once more than we have won. Same as last season I think.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Short term memory on 02:30 - Jan 26 with 3906 viewsSPORTSRUS

I've never understood people demonstrating bad behavior at these things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024