Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dwight Gayle. 13:47 - Jan 26 with 23664 viewsChrisSCFC

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10144514/dwight-gayle-could-leave-p

Exciting...
Dwight Gayle. on 15:59 - Jan 26 with 3486 viewslondonlisa2001

Dwight Gayle. on 15:57 - Jan 26 by icecoldjack

Stick with Gomis, if Gayle is the other option.

If we need pace up front for 20mins stick barrow up top, we played Dyer as a striker before now.

Unless we are getting top notch then may as well use what we have. I've not seen Eder get a run of games yet either,so how do we know he is any good or not?

If you absolutely had to bet on it though, what would you reckon ;-)
Dwight Gayle. on 16:10 - Jan 26 with 3415 viewscostalotta

Dwight Gayle. on 15:17 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

We've spunked enough money on rejects lately. I hope this stops under Guidolin.

This every time!
Dwight Gayle. on 16:16 - Jan 26 with 3369 viewswaynekerr55

Agreed, but he perhaps fits the bill of what got us where we are. Young, hungry and a point to prove. Played out of position since he left the posh, their chairman spoke very highly of his attitude. He made a good point that Vardy hadn't exactly set the world on fire in his first few seasons, but look at him now that someone has shown faith in him.

Depends on if we get an offer for Bafe, of course. I wouldn't rule it out.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dwight Gayle. on 16:18 - Jan 26 with 3355 viewsnyc_swans

would i rather have Dwight Gayle or no one at all?

well.... frankly I'd rather have Gayle.
Dwight Gayle. on 16:18 - Jan 26 with 3351 viewscrackerjack

Dwight Gayle... really??? Jesus H Christ! No feckin way.

I'd rather Crystal Gayle play up front!

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Dwight Gayle. on 16:20 - Jan 26 with 3330 viewsJACKARSE

Dwight Gayle. on 14:02 - Jan 26 by jackjackjackjack

Last scored in September. Previously linked with Bristol City.

I'd rather stick with Gomis.

This.
I'd rather stick with Gomis too .....
Dwight Gayle. on 16:25 - Jan 26 with 3286 viewsmax936

Huwbert still got green shield stamps he's trying to get rid of mun, big spender he is aye.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dwight Gayle. on 16:25 - Jan 26 with 3288 viewsGriffting

From the times i've seen Gayle play, he seems to be a decent player when full of confidence and then totally non existent when things don't go his way..

I've just described Bafe. Although, when both are on form i'd say Bafe is the better player.
Login to get fewer ads

Dwight Gayle. on 16:30 - Jan 26 with 3256 viewsjack247

Wouldn't be at the top of many peoples lists, but he isn't a bad finisher and has pace. Probably not the best fit for our style, but will get the odd goal and can cover wings as well as centre forward.

I'd be pretty happy to be honest
Dwight Gayle. on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 3147 viewspremierjack

It's a yes from me. I would take dyer and Sinclair back and I think Hayley is better than both. I think he would really suit us
Dwight Gayle. on 17:02 - Jan 26 with 3110 viewsCooperman

Please no, and definitely not for £5m!

I reckon it's his potential wage demands that must be attractive to us. If he was linked to Bristol C and Bournemouth in the past then he's not on £60k per week!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dwight Gayle. on 17:25 - Jan 26 with 3014 viewsDaggyjack

Yes from me, very good player who knows where the goal is and if plays regularly, will be an asset. He is a natural finisher if given the opportunity.
Prefer Gayle to Gomis.
His wages will also be far less than Gomis, which probably is another factor for the board.
I would also prefer a striker loan signing to compliment this signing if it was to happen, just to have another option, as Eder isn't the answer.
Dwight Gayle. on 17:28 - Jan 26 with 2999 viewsJango

You can't really compare gayle to chamakh and wickham really. That just suggests that pardew prefers more of a target man up top. If gayle was to come in and guidlolin can get Gomis playing then we should be ok up top. He could do the running that Routledge done last game but actually have some sort of end product
Dwight Gayle. on 17:33 - Jan 26 with 2981 viewsDaggyjack

Dwight Gayle. on 17:28 - Jan 26 by Jango

You can't really compare gayle to chamakh and wickham really. That just suggests that pardew prefers more of a target man up top. If gayle was to come in and guidlolin can get Gomis playing then we should be ok up top. He could do the running that Routledge done last game but actually have some sort of end product

I think if Gayle comes in, Gomis will be sold, which is why we need a loan signing up top as well.
I think Gayle being British doesn't help people on this board warm to him, if he was foreign, then he may be more accepted as an option. Let's be honest, Defrel was an option and he scored 16 in 100 odd games.
Let's not forget, Vardy has done alright hasn't he?
Dwight Gayle. on 17:33 - Jan 26 with 2976 viewsEdmundo

Dwight Gayle. on 14:38 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

Behind the utterly appalling Chamakh in the pecking order at Palace.

Meh, meh and thrice meh.

Need to aim higher , I'd rather stick with Gomis.

Can't see Hugh shafting another £5m on a 'has been', think it'll be an Italian that our boss has some specific interest in and could sway to sign for us.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Dwight Gayle. on 17:39 - Jan 26 with 2616 viewsDaggyjack

Dwight Gayle. on 17:33 - Jan 26 by Edmundo

Can't see Hugh shafting another £5m on a 'has been', think it'll be an Italian that our boss has some specific interest in and could sway to sign for us.

Has-been??
Gayle is only 26 and has a more than decent goalscoring record at Palace, especially as the majority of his games being from the bench.
Can see this happening especially as Palace have now signed Adebayor.
Dwight Gayle. on 17:44 - Jan 26 with 2585 viewsDyfnant

Yes, especially if we can get a fee for Gomis

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Dwight Gayle. on 17:45 - Jan 26 with 2575 viewshobo

I'd take £5m plus Gayle for Gomis
Dwight Gayle. on 17:49 - Jan 26 with 2552 viewsFlashberryjack

Dwight Gayle. on 16:18 - Jan 26 by nyc_swans

would i rather have Dwight Gayle or no one at all?

well.... frankly I'd rather have Gayle.

II'd rather keep the £5 million we haven't got.....and leave Palace to find some other club to dump their excess baggage on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dwight Gayle. on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 2540 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm amazed that so many people have such a strong opinion one way or another. I just don't watch Crystal Palace with anything like enough regularity to have an opinion one way or another (in fact, I watch them twice a season)!

One thing I would say is that just because a player doesn't fit one team doesn't mean he won't fit another, particularly when we play such a different style of football.
Dwight Gayle. on 17:54 - Jan 26 with 2506 viewsCooperman

Just put the phone down on a Palace supporting acquaintance who implied it's good business for them if the price is anything above £3m.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dwight Gayle. on 17:57 - Jan 26 with 2479 viewsDaggyjack

Dwight Gayle. on 17:54 - Jan 26 by Cooperman

Just put the phone down on a Palace supporting acquaintance who implied it's good business for them if the price is anything above £3m.

Well if he said he's not much cop, he must be rubbish.
As Lisa said, we play a different style and given his pace, I feel he'd be an asset to us.
Dwight Gayle. on 17:59 - Jan 26 with 2461 viewsmarchamjack

Anyone think that Guido has told Huw...go get him Sir Huw...no...therefore a no from me (and even if has told him, which I'd find vvvvvv hard to beleive...still a no from me).

Dwight Gayle, the solution to our goal scoring problem...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Dwight Gayle. on 18:09 - Jan 26 with 2415 viewsPacemaker

Has had quite a few injury issues this year which is concerning and I am not sure if he is even fit at the moment. Certainly knows how to score wasn't it him who scored for Palace against Liverpool to spoil their championship season?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Dwight Gayle. on 18:16 - Jan 26 with 2357 viewsmax936

Dwight Gayle. on 18:09 - Jan 26 by Pacemaker

Has had quite a few injury issues this year which is concerning and I am not sure if he is even fit at the moment. Certainly knows how to score wasn't it him who scored for Palace against Liverpool to spoil their championship season?

Yes twice in their 3-3 draw not win, my mistake.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 19:52]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024