Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station 08:58 - Mar 22 with 23651 viewsMrSwerve

FFS, fed up of this now. Said to be suicide bombers screaming Arabic by eye witnesses.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 01:33 - Mar 23 with 1974 viewsHumpty

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 21:35 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

"He also appears to have Nazi tendencies once tweeting a photo of the Stasi during WWII with the phrase "once in a lifetime."

Do they actually pay people at The Mirror for hacking this tripe?

Agreed. Shocking.
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 04:04 - Mar 23 with 1942 viewsAnotherJohn

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 20:56 - Mar 22 by Ebo

The difference being that "they think they are" when in reality they are nothing but charlatans.

But interesting to read what Islamic scholars say.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/en/originals/2015/02/azhar-egypt-radicals-islami
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 08:22 - Mar 23 with 1873 viewsLord_Bony

So we now understand the attacks were carried out by Isis.

The vast majority of people killed by Isis usually are other Muslims.

The west have helped in many ways to arm and fund Isis in their rise to power.

That bomb that went off killed and injured other Muslims amongst the dead and injured,it was an indiscriminate attack.

I'm struggling to see how a cowardly attack by Isis can be supported and encouraged by the vast majority of Muslims in this country and Europe.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 11:13 - Mar 23 with 1803 viewsFlashberryjack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 08:22 - Mar 23 by Lord_Bony

So we now understand the attacks were carried out by Isis.

The vast majority of people killed by Isis usually are other Muslims.

The west have helped in many ways to arm and fund Isis in their rise to power.

That bomb that went off killed and injured other Muslims amongst the dead and injured,it was an indiscriminate attack.

I'm struggling to see how a cowardly attack by Isis can be supported and encouraged by the vast majority of Muslims in this country and Europe.

There are many things I struggle to understand about Muslims.....why is it so important as to which hand they wipe their ars* with, only eating at certain times, women covering their heads, slitting animals throats, the need to hate anyone not of their religion, the fixation of beheading, to name just a few.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 13:25 - Mar 23 with 1753 viewscontroversial_jack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 11:13 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

There are many things I struggle to understand about Muslims.....why is it so important as to which hand they wipe their ars* with, only eating at certain times, women covering their heads, slitting animals throats, the need to hate anyone not of their religion, the fixation of beheading, to name just a few.

Muslims don't believe in any of that
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 14:59 - Mar 23 with 1704 viewsFlashberryjack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 13:25 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

Muslims don't believe in any of that

I thought they did...there you go, you learn something every day.
I bet they eat Pork as well.

Hello

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:26 - Mar 23 with 1681 viewslondonlisa2001

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 14:59 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

How have you found your Lenten fast this year? Almost over, come Saturday you'll be able to eat meat, dairy, eggs, drink again, smoke if you do so and eat more than once a day.

Oh, that's right, you don't do that, because those of us from a Christian background are able to pick and choose what we do and don't follow these days in terms of religious rules. It's only those pesky Moslems that have absolutely no ability to deviate in any way whatsoever from their religious teachings. Every single one of them must follow all teaching to the letter and therefore they can all be tarred with the same brush. It's only us who are grown up about it.

Any outsider looking at what we are supposed to do would find it very easy to make it all sound ridiculous as well you know.

Maybe let's concentrate on trying to get rid of the evil scum that are carrying out these atrocities for the usual purposes of money and power rather than the 1.3bn people in the world that happen to follow, to a greater or lesser extent, a particular religion.
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:38 - Mar 23 with 1663 viewscontroversial_jack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 14:59 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

Thinking you know something and actually knowing are mot the same
Login to get fewer ads

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:39 - Mar 23 with 1655 viewsWingstandwood

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 11:13 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

It does seem to be a 'religion' with a medieval/ancient time(s) vibe. The way some of them act along with Islamic traditions and even stuff like dress code i.e. many would not look out of place in a BBC historical-drama.

Then you get a clash of civilisations/cultures thing where they have embraced modern technology communications etc that the arch-enemy Western culture 'Infidel' has both invented and uses? They don't for example eat like a non-Muslims secular/Christian Westerners but those mobile phones and computer technology?.......Rather nice!

Argus!

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:45 - Mar 23 with 1647 viewsFlashberryjack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:26 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

How have you found your Lenten fast this year? Almost over, come Saturday you'll be able to eat meat, dairy, eggs, drink again, smoke if you do so and eat more than once a day.

Oh, that's right, you don't do that, because those of us from a Christian background are able to pick and choose what we do and don't follow these days in terms of religious rules. It's only those pesky Moslems that have absolutely no ability to deviate in any way whatsoever from their religious teachings. Every single one of them must follow all teaching to the letter and therefore they can all be tarred with the same brush. It's only us who are grown up about it.

Any outsider looking at what we are supposed to do would find it very easy to make it all sound ridiculous as well you know.

Maybe let's concentrate on trying to get rid of the evil scum that are carrying out these atrocities for the usual purposes of money and power rather than the 1.3bn people in the world that happen to follow, to a greater or lesser extent, a particular religion.

Lenten fast ? I did go on a diet after Christmas to try and shed a couple of lbs I'd put on over the festive season....does that count ?

Hello

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:54 - Mar 23 with 1637 viewslondonlisa2001

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:39 - Mar 23 by Wingstandwood

It does seem to be a 'religion' with a medieval/ancient time(s) vibe. The way some of them act along with Islamic traditions and even stuff like dress code i.e. many would not look out of place in a BBC historical-drama.

Then you get a clash of civilisations/cultures thing where they have embraced modern technology communications etc that the arch-enemy Western culture 'Infidel' has both invented and uses? They don't for example eat like a non-Muslims secular/Christian Westerners but those mobile phones and computer technology?.......Rather nice!

All religions have a medieval / ancient times vibe being as that is when they all originated.

And of course they eat the same as the rest of the people living in whatever country you're talking about.

They are not supposed to eat pork, but then neither are Jews - largely because the two religions come from the same part of the world where the inability to keep meat refrigerated meant that pork would have been dangerous to eat so they stopped people from doing so.

Yes - they cover their heads, but again, so do other religions - why do you think nuns wear what they do or why do women traditionally wear hats to church (my grandmother would never have stepped into chapel without a hat). We tend to look at the very traditional, hyper observant ones and assume that's what they all do and it's just not the case. The only thing which does tend to be widespread, and again it's only for people from certain countries, not all Moslems, is women wear a headscarf.
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 16:29 - Mar 23 with 1618 viewsGravy

When I was a kid you rarely saw a Welsh woman over the age of 40 out and about WITHOUT a headscarf.

They weren't Moslems though - they were a much more feared sect - Chapel going Mams & Grannies ! God help you if they caught you smelling of alcohol or gambling!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 17:02]
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 1584 viewsFlashberryjack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 16:29 - Mar 23 by Gravy

When I was a kid you rarely saw a Welsh woman over the age of 40 out and about WITHOUT a headscarf.

They weren't Moslems though - they were a much more feared sect - Chapel going Mams & Grannies ! God help you if they caught you smelling of alcohol or gambling!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 17:02]

You're right about the headscarfs ......fortunately they moved with the times

Hello

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:39 - Mar 23 with 1567 viewslondonlisa2001

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:22 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

You're right about the headscarfs ......fortunately they moved with the times

Yes they did - but it's only 30 or 40 years ago were talking about. The same 30 or 40 years that has seen women gain rights and homosexuality being legalised, parts of Wales moving from being completely dry on a Sunday and so on.
And, incidentally, from people not bothering to fast during Lent and eating meat on a Friday and all sorts of other silly stuff that some are now throwing at Moslems as accusations of them being medieval or backwards.

A lot of Moslem women don't wear headscarves, but then people don't recognise them as Moslem so don't notice. Lots more certainly don't walk around in any sort of religious garb but again they are not noticed.

We really shouldn't mix up a religion that is one of the biggest in the world with a the activities of a completely political, non religious movement that tries to recruit badly educated, brainwashed guinea pigs to do their dirty work for them by selectively invoking the bits of religion that suit them. Yes, I know it's easy to find stuff in the Koran that supports it, but it's equally easy to find exactly the same stuff in the Bible - no one assumes that we are all nutters that believe in the word of the Old Testament so I never understand why people assume that Moslems are any different.

The awful thing about this terrorism, is the amount of absolute carnage that such a tiny number are able to create. I note that it's the same little group that seemingly caused the awful attack on Brussels yesterday as caused the attack in Paris. I just don't understand how the security services in Belgium could not find them. They only found the bloke they arrested this week because someone told them where he was. It is incredibly worrying how lax the security appears to be there - it seems as though the situation in Brussels is out of control, and yet, it's only a small number involved.
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:47 - Mar 23 with 1555 viewscontroversial_jack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:39 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Yes they did - but it's only 30 or 40 years ago were talking about. The same 30 or 40 years that has seen women gain rights and homosexuality being legalised, parts of Wales moving from being completely dry on a Sunday and so on.
And, incidentally, from people not bothering to fast during Lent and eating meat on a Friday and all sorts of other silly stuff that some are now throwing at Moslems as accusations of them being medieval or backwards.

A lot of Moslem women don't wear headscarves, but then people don't recognise them as Moslem so don't notice. Lots more certainly don't walk around in any sort of religious garb but again they are not noticed.

We really shouldn't mix up a religion that is one of the biggest in the world with a the activities of a completely political, non religious movement that tries to recruit badly educated, brainwashed guinea pigs to do their dirty work for them by selectively invoking the bits of religion that suit them. Yes, I know it's easy to find stuff in the Koran that supports it, but it's equally easy to find exactly the same stuff in the Bible - no one assumes that we are all nutters that believe in the word of the Old Testament so I never understand why people assume that Moslems are any different.

The awful thing about this terrorism, is the amount of absolute carnage that such a tiny number are able to create. I note that it's the same little group that seemingly caused the awful attack on Brussels yesterday as caused the attack in Paris. I just don't understand how the security services in Belgium could not find them. They only found the bloke they arrested this week because someone told them where he was. It is incredibly worrying how lax the security appears to be there - it seems as though the situation in Brussels is out of control, and yet, it's only a small number involved.

Maybe, they didn't want to find them, cough cough!
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:52 - Mar 23 with 1543 viewsMrSwerve

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 15:26 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

Nah, the Christians are batsh*t crazy too.

All religions are.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:08 - Mar 23 with 1526 viewsWingstandwood

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 17:39 - Mar 23 by londonlisa2001

ISIS is a religious movement it's leader Al Baghdadi the one whom dresses like a Medieval cleric, preaches in a mosque and happens to be a Islamic scholar! Like I said previously he (some other Muslims!) sure do give off a medieval vibe? All the vicars I see do actually look like they belong to this century unlike some of the more devout Muslims whom look like they belong in a remake of Saladin The Victorious.

The trouble is? A lot of PC types wish to deny that there is a link between Islam and what we're seeing now!
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4814186403001/andy-mccarthy-islam-is-not-a-religion-o

Argus!

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:17 - Mar 23 with 1508 viewslondonlisa2001

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:08 - Mar 23 by Wingstandwood

ISIS is a religious movement it's leader Al Baghdadi the one whom dresses like a Medieval cleric, preaches in a mosque and happens to be a Islamic scholar! Like I said previously he (some other Muslims!) sure do give off a medieval vibe? All the vicars I see do actually look like they belong to this century unlike some of the more devout Muslims whom look like they belong in a remake of Saladin The Victorious.

The trouble is? A lot of PC types wish to deny that there is a link between Islam and what we're seeing now!
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4814186403001/andy-mccarthy-islam-is-not-a-religion-o

The leaders of ISIS are veterans of the Balkans. They use the (understandable) despair in the Middle East to stir up the masses. They do this by portraying it all as a 'religious war'. It is not. They are after the same thing as all other groups, oil, money, land, power, control.

Religion (organised religion) is almost always about those things. Is the Vatican truly wedded to the workings of the divinity or is it the Roman Empire continued under a religious guise? Is Hinduism truly a belief in karma and reincarnation or is that a great way of ensuring that the masses never question their lot in life nor agitate about the difference between them and the super wealthy?
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:24 - Mar 23 with 1500 viewsdgt73

It's this 👆Sort of nonsense that's got us into this mess in the first place. Bleeding heart liberals

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:30 - Mar 23 with 1490 viewscontroversial_jack

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:08 - Mar 23 by Wingstandwood

There is nothing religious about ISIS
Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:31 - Mar 23 with 1501 viewsdgt73

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:30 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

There is nothing religious about ISIS

Let's not be silly

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:42 - Mar 23 with 1481 viewsHighjack

Finally some common sense, a comment on the news that we should stop elevating these people and saying we are at war with them and just treat them like the dirty little scumbag criminals they are.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:46 - Mar 23 with 1475 viewsLohengrin

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:42 - Mar 23 by Highjack

Finally some common sense, a comment on the news that we should stop elevating these people and saying we are at war with them and just treat them like the dirty little scumbag criminals they are.

A politician came out with that, did he? Give it a few months, you'll probably read he's been a part of secret negotiations with them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:51 - Mar 23 with 1459 viewsLord_Bony

Fox News...pmsl

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 19:39 - Mar 23 with 1423 viewslondonlisa2001

Explosions at Brussels airport and a metro station on 18:24 - Mar 23 by dgt73

It's this 👆Sort of nonsense that's got us into this mess in the first place. Bleeding heart liberals

No, the thing that gets us into trouble is not recognising the true threat and dealing with it because we mix it up with religion in the first place. Bush and Blair saw it all as some sort of Holy War and acted as though they were modern day crusaders, blinkered by their own backwards religious views 'Bin Laden, he's a Moslem, Iraq are Moslem, so let's lump them all together and blame them shall we'.

If we treated these people for what they are, disgusting, low life criminal scum, then it'd actually be a lot easier and there would be a lot less hand wringing. But then you're way too stupid to see that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024