Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50 today 10:55 - Mar 22 with 5286 viewsDaiHo0p

I demand a recount :-B
50 today on 01:48 - Mar 23 with 1019 viewsisawqpratwcity

50 today on 22:10 - Mar 22 by daveB

I turned 40 today so this made me feel better

Happy Birthday to you, too, Dave.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

50 today on 03:11 - Mar 23 with 1005 viewstimcocking

Happy birthday Dai! Make's my 41 seem positively youthful...
50 today on 03:38 - Mar 23 with 1001 viewsKiwi76

Bloody hell there is a definite potential clique to be formed for those between 48-50 on here - I'm 49 in June and countdown will begin.
& Happy Birthday!
50 today on 09:20 - Mar 23 with 973 viewsjohann28

Welcome to the club. It's great.

For a start, you've now earned the right to do exactly what you want, whenever you want. This includes copious amounts of drinking, swearing and being generally a cantankerous old sod.

Secondly, you can now get out of things quite easily - on the grounds that 'I'm rather too old for that'. This includes things like heavy lifting, gardening, painting, long walks - indeed anything requiring too much energy.

Thirdly, you are now 'wise'. You can get away with boring everyone stiff with 'wise' dictums on the grounds that you've seen it all and done it all. You may feel free to give unasked advice to young people, which has the added benefit of really irritating them.

Fourthly, since you are more prone to forget things, you have a perfect alibi for missing appointments, not buying tickets for things, missing payments, and more. Use your imagination. Since you don't look dangerous you are far less likely to get stopped by police.

With age we all mellow and take things in our stride. There is no need to get all worked up over anything. 'Nice and easy does it' is our motto.
50 today on 09:46 - Mar 23 with 966 viewsMoonshineSteve

"This includes copious amounts of drinking, swearing and being generally a cantankerous old sod".

He started practising that well in advance.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024