Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safety does not look assured to me 16:59 - Mar 23 with 23287 viewsJacandme

There seems a concerning sigh of relief has been breathed around the club, but looking at the table I am not as convinced as everybody seems to be. I hope we are not relaxing too soon.

Newcastle and Sunderland have a game in hand over us. they win it and they are 7/8pts behind with 7 to play.

we have Leicester away, West Ham away, Man City home, Liverpool home, Chelsea home, Stoke away and Newcastle away.

we will be underdogs for every single one of those games.

Someone convince me I should be as relaxed as others...
Safety does not look assured to me on 10:06 - Mar 24 with 1905 viewsunion_jack

Safety does not look assured to me on 22:23 - Mar 23 by WarwickHunt

Yes, but what if Norwich, Palace , Sunderland and Newcastle all get three points each when they play each other, eh? Eh?

What?

Down with the Villa, we're going down with the Villa.

Or something.

Eh? There's a major flaw in that argument.

Villa aren't mathematically down!!

Eh? Eh?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:22 - Mar 24 with 1884 viewsWarwickHunt

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:06 - Mar 24 by union_jack

Eh? There's a major flaw in that argument.

Villa aren't mathematically down!!

Eh? Eh?

Good point. It ain't over until...

150/1 on Villa staying up.

You can get 1/200 on us. Spend a grand, win a fiver. Lump on.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:14 - Mar 24 with 1850 viewsunion_jack

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:22 - Mar 24 by WarwickHunt

Good point. It ain't over until...

150/1 on Villa staying up.

You can get 1/200 on us. Spend a grand, win a fiver. Lump on.

I have to admit putting £20 on third of the way in at 16s. Best £20 I've ever lost.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:00 - Mar 24 with 1759 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 22:25 - Mar 23 by morningstar

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/dgt73/polls/916/have-s

What's negative about stating a fact - that we ain't safe ?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:28 - Mar 24 with 1731 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:00 - Mar 24 by dgt73

What's negative about stating a fact - that we ain't safe ?

What's negative about thinking we could pick up 0 points in the next 7 games, while 2 of the worst 4 clubs in the league win half their remaining games when they average a win every 5 games?

Surely even you have to admit that's a negative mindset?
Safety does not look assured to me on 18:29 - Mar 24 with 1729 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:28 - Mar 24 by jack247

What's negative about thinking we could pick up 0 points in the next 7 games, while 2 of the worst 4 clubs in the league win half their remaining games when they average a win every 5 games?

Surely even you have to admit that's a negative mindset?

Where have I said we'll get 0 pts from the next 7 games ?

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:46 - Mar 24 with 1707 viewsGlyn1

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:29 - Mar 24 by dgt73

If we win 1 game and lose 6 games then we are definitely safe.
If we draw 1 game and lose 6 games then we are almost certainly safe.
If we lose all 7 games (for the first time ever) then we are still probably safe.

If we win all 7 games, then that would make it 9 consecutive wins and this board explodes.

Which is why everyone can relax.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 18:48]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:47 - Mar 24 with 1706 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:29 - Mar 24 by dgt73

On a previous thread you started, you thought a win over Villa 'should' make us safe. Now you think we aren't safe even though we will pick up more points?
Login to get fewer ads

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:01 - Mar 24 with 1681 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 18:47 - Mar 24 by jack247

On a previous thread you started, you thought a win over Villa 'should' make us safe. Now you think we aren't safe even though we will pick up more points?

So I didn't say we'd get 0 pts from the remaining fixtures, that's for clearing that up .

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:12 - Mar 24 with 1667 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:01 - Mar 24 by dgt73

So I didn't say we'd get 0 pts from the remaining fixtures, that's for clearing that up .

No you didn't. But if you don't think that, you must think there is a chance that 2 of the 3 teams are going to win more than half their games, even though Norwich have to play the other two. That's even more mental.

If you think we have any chance of going down now, that's an extremely negative mindset. To answer your prior question that Gary highlighted - Yes, Swansea do have some of the most negative wnkers following us.
Safety does not look assured to me on 19:28 - Mar 24 with 1650 viewsSgorioFruit

its not over yet, but wow them 3 wins from the last 4 games seems to have saved us this season.

and I for one am truly glad.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Safety does not look assured to me on 21:07 - Mar 24 with 1596 viewsUplandsJack

Safety does not look assured to me on 19:28 - Mar 24 by SgorioFruit

its not over yet, but wow them 3 wins from the last 4 games seems to have saved us this season.

and I for one am truly glad.

Good post!!!
Safety does not look assured to me on 09:18 - Mar 25 with 1508 viewsdobjack2

It's a mixture of we went on a run of picking up points so why can't other teams fighting for premiership survival do the same; allied with if we play like we did against villa we won't get another point.

Maybe we have got enough points now but I won't be breathing easy until we Are mathematically safe.
Safety does not look assured to me on 09:20 - Mar 25 with 1504 viewsdgt73

Safety does not look assured to me on 09:18 - Mar 25 by dobjack2

It's a mixture of we went on a run of picking up points so why can't other teams fighting for premiership survival do the same; allied with if we play like we did against villa we won't get another point.

Maybe we have got enough points now but I won't be breathing easy until we Are mathematically safe.

Good post

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:23 - Mar 25 with 1468 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 01:36 - Mar 24 by Starsky

I don't think that We're the underdogs when we play Newcastle. No way.
Crystal Palace.... Now they should be worried.

We almost certainly will be.
Safety does not look assured to me on 10:39 - Mar 25 with 1453 viewsraynor94

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:23 - Mar 25 by Jacandme

We almost certainly will be.

Mathematical safety will be assured before Newcastle, so does it make any difference?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:55 - Mar 25 with 1432 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 09:18 - Mar 25 by dobjack2

I can understand that logic, but it's about as pessimistic (negative) as it gets.

We improved dramatically, so two other teams (out of the worst four in the league) may as well. We may not pick up any more points (despite our dramatic improvement) because we played badly (and won) against Villa.

We are safe and we need to focus on next season.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:13 - Mar 25 with 1416 viewstomdickharry

From the remaining corresponding games we picked up 3 points last season that was Newcastle (A),my belief is we are safe, but until its a mathematical certainty anything can happen.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:14 - Mar 25 with 1416 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:55 - Mar 25 by jack247

I can understand that logic, but it's about as pessimistic (negative) as it gets.

We improved dramatically, so two other teams (out of the worst four in the league) may as well. We may not pick up any more points (despite our dramatic improvement) because we played badly (and won) against Villa.

It is a question of mentality rather than random results going against us. Season after season after season the bottom pack string games together and have a late charge, regardless of current form. Because, of course, they often have more to fight for than their opposition.

If we no longer have that scrap for every minute mentality then there is a clear reason why our results may not be great while others below us may improve, not just a case of being pessimistic. You have already stated we should be focussing on next season. Its a
crazy mentality when history tells us that we should not be cracking open the cigars.

Do I think we will stay up? yes. Do I think it we will do it comfortably? probably not.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:17 - Mar 25 with 1405 viewsJacandme

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:39 - Mar 25 by raynor94

Mathematical safety will be assured before Newcastle, so does it make any difference?

I am not quite sure what to say to that. If we are safe by then, then no of course it won't really matter. But unless I am talking to Marty McFly (in which case I used to like your films) then in terms of the here and now that seems a bit of a moot topic.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:23 - Mar 25 with 1399 viewsdobjack2

Safety does not look assured to me on 10:55 - Mar 25 by jack247

After watching the swans for over 40 years I find it best not to bank on anything
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:23 - Mar 25 with 1399 viewsacejack3065

We can be utterly w@nk for the rest of the season and still stay up. We just need to scrape two more points to be sure. Personally I think we'll get something out of our games against Liverpool & Newcastle. Heck even if we accidentally win one of those games (like Arsenal) we are over the line.

Relegation is always somewhere in the back of my mind until its mathematically safe but I'm a lot more relaxed about it now than I was 3 weeks ago. We basically just need to fall over the line, which considering the season we've had will be good enough for me.

We were closer to relegation the year Laudrup was sacked anyway but I can't remember the fanbase being as skittish as this.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:31 - Mar 25 with 1390 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 11:14 - Mar 25 by Jacandme

It is a question of mentality rather than random results going against us. Season after season after season the bottom pack string games together and have a late charge, regardless of current form. Because, of course, they often have more to fight for than their opposition.

If we no longer have that scrap for every minute mentality then there is a clear reason why our results may not be great while others below us may improve, not just a case of being pessimistic. You have already stated we should be focussing on next season. Its a
crazy mentality when history tells us that we should not be cracking open the cigars.

Do I think we will stay up? yes. Do I think it we will do it comfortably? probably not.

People talk about 40 points being the magic number, it's normally less than that. We are on 36 in late March. I'm not sure when people expect Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland to suddenly become decent, but time is running out for them. None of them can keep clean sheets, look at the bottom fours goals conceded compared to everyone else. They won't win many games unless they work out how to do that very quickly.

It's not a case of cracking open the cigars, there is nothing really to celebrate. It's more a case of acknowledging how bad we have been this season and that we need to make some serious changes.

We need to know who is going to be suited to however we want to play next season. This is the perfect opportunity to do that. I'd like to see the likes of Montero, Amat, Kingsley, Fulton given chances in the first team now. All four of them would surely bust a gut to put their hand up for selection next season.

It's not as if players are going to treat the games like pre-season friendlies. They haven't had a good season and need to impress Guidollin or whoever follows him.
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:34 - Mar 25 with 1384 viewsjack247

Safety does not look assured to me on 11:23 - Mar 25 by dobjack2

After watching the swans for over 40 years I find it best not to bank on anything

How often in those forty years have we lost seven games in a row?
Safety does not look assured to me on 11:45 - Mar 25 with 1368 viewsdobjack2

Safety does not look assured to me on 11:34 - Mar 25 by jack247

How often in those forty years have we lost seven games in a row?

Not a stats man but when we were dropping down through the divisions it wasn't pretty especially away from home.

I have no wish to argue- your view is that we are safe now, mine is that we have put ourselves in a strong position to be safe. We view the same thing through different eyes, hopefully before long we will reach a point where we have the same view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024