Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? 14:21 - Apr 10 with 13159 viewsexiledclaseboy

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Tory leader

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:24 - Apr 10 with 4252 viewsItchySphincter

Yay, a poll!!

Welldone ECB.

Undecided.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:29 - Apr 10 with 4220 viewsNeiltheTaylor

If they're putting £100M they will expect at least £200M out. I doubt that even with our abortion of a commercial department sorted out that can be found without extracting the easy money from the PL payouts. These people are hardly football people who know the business inside out.

Maybe our new academy facilities will be sold to a new company who can rent them back to us at a nice profitable rate for the owners too.

Some rich pickings to be had for the more ruthless assett stripper with no real emotional connection to the football club

As soon as the trust shares have been diluted to complete irrelevance, I'm sure we'll find out how much value can be extracted.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 14:31]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 4200 viewsDarran

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:29 - Apr 10 by NeiltheTaylor

If they're putting £100M they will expect at least £200M out. I doubt that even with our abortion of a commercial department sorted out that can be found without extracting the easy money from the PL payouts. These people are hardly football people who know the business inside out.

Maybe our new academy facilities will be sold to a new company who can rent them back to us at a nice profitable rate for the owners too.

Some rich pickings to be had for the more ruthless assett stripper with no real emotional connection to the football club

As soon as the trust shares have been diluted to complete irrelevance, I'm sure we'll find out how much value can be extracted.

Has anyone who's invested in a Premier League ever actually made money?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 4186 viewsItchySphincter

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:31 - Apr 10 by Darran

The Glazer's have probably successfully serviced their strip mall debts and Manure will eventually move back in to profit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 4187 viewsSwanseajill

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:31 - Apr 10 by Darran

Our current board will, those that want to sell their shares.
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 4187 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I don't know, but this is not investment. It's buying a cash machine for short term gain.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:34 - Apr 10 with 4178 viewsmax936

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:29 - Apr 10 by NeiltheTaylor

And that's the biggest worry, its fine if some/all of the shareholders want to flee the nest, but its got to be done with the clubs best interest at the heart of it, more info is definitely needed here for us to make a reasoned opinion, will we get it, I doubt it and that's the problem.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:35 - Apr 10 with 4155 viewsWxmJax

Let's start with Man United.

They wouldn't be coming if there wasn't any profit in it.

init

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:38 - Apr 10 with 4137 viewsdobjack2

Undecided but very suspicious because of the way some shareholders have gone about this
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:41 - Apr 10 with 4127 viewsDarran

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:34 - Apr 10 by NeiltheTaylor

I don't know, but this is not investment. It's buying a cash machine for short term gain.

Well yeah but you know what I mean.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:41 - Apr 10 with 4125 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Given that we don't have any actual facts how can anyone decide.

How much money £100, but nobody knows
What proportion of shares, nobody knows
How much extra will they invest for ground purchase and expansion nobody knows.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:42 - Apr 10 with 4123 viewsNookiejack

These Americans seem to have record of investing in distressed businesses / funded by distressed fund.

So why don't they invest in distressed club like Aston Villa, turn around that club and create value.

Rather than looking at our club with no debt and using our debt free assets to purchase their acquisition of our club - as that is what will happen as soon as they get control.
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:48 - Apr 10 with 4089 viewsDarran

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:41 - Apr 10 by felixstowe_jack

Given that we don't have any actual facts how can anyone decide.

How much money £100, but nobody knows
What proportion of shares, nobody knows
How much extra will they invest for ground purchase and expansion nobody knows.

Not much then.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 14:49]

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 14:51 - Apr 10 with 4063 viewsStarsky

The crux of ECBs poll "based on what we know"
Well we know that 3 shareholders were kept in the dark. We have seen the post from JoeSoccerFan who has seen first hand what has been done by these 'investors' in USA.
How can you be undecided, based on what you know.

It's just the internet, init.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:06 - Apr 10 with 3996 viewsairedale

This is what worries me. Apart from our PL status, what is the attraction in buying a club like the Swans?
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:09 - Apr 10 with 3973 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Undecided

We really don't know anything st all

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:17 - Apr 10 with 3951 viewsStarsky

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:09 - Apr 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

Undecided

We really don't know anything st all

Week we do actually.
See my post above

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:34 - Apr 10 with 3903 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:17 - Apr 10 by Starsky

Week we do actually.
See my post above

No we don't know , I certainly don't beleive M Morgan didn't know any thing at all about it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:37 - Apr 10 with 3892 viewsStarsky

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:34 - Apr 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

No we don't know , I certainly don't beleive M Morgan didn't know any thing at all about it

I'm seeing what Phil S, Moscow Jack and JoeSoccerFan has said and it's all very worrying.

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:38 - Apr 10 with 3886 viewsdobjack2

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:37 - Apr 10 by Starsky

I'm seeing what Phil S, Moscow Jack and JoeSoccerFan has said and it's all very worrying.

Take your point about what we know so far. There is a very nasty smell about this.
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:52 - Apr 10 with 3843 viewsDafyddHuw

I agree. So does MarcosthePainter and MeltheNurse.
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:52 - Apr 10 with 3846 viewscrix

Ok so after a night to think on it before I posted I’m going to put in my 2 cents worth. I think there have been many valid points put over by both camps on this forum. I think resorting to infighting between ourselves regarding who is right and wrong and who is the better supporter due to which side they are on is absolute bullshit though.
It’s quite obvious as has been put forward already that Huw and co have probably had enough and were close to seeing their potential fortune go up in smoke and yes I believe even the holier then thou brigade on here would do the same if it were them. It was their money that saved the club initially no matter what you want to think and as such they are entitled to do with it as they think.
Am I happy about these prospective buyers? Hell no I’m far from it; it looks like they are basically an investment firm hoping to make a killing from us. My only hope is that they are going to try to make us into a more valuable asset to somehow attract a bigger buyer from elsewhere, as other then that I can’t really see them making much from us. They may make a nice little earner each year, but these guys aren’t stupid that nice little earner is all about us staying in the premier league which by no means is guaranteed even with huge investment in playing staff. So as I have pointed out already I see this is probably a stepping stone to try to grow us into a perspective billionaire’s plaything. This by no means says I support what’s going on; all I’m saying is it just seems like the only feasible reason for these guys to want us.
So to sum up do I want this? No I would prefer us to stay our little back water club fighting against the odds by our shear persistence. Are these guys coming here to ruin our club, well that doesn’t make sense on any level unless they are being sent by bluey and co to destroy us from within, but honestly that does seem a little bit unlikely even by their standards. So we are probably just going to have to suck it up and hope for the best. Let’s try and go with cup half full because we don’t really have much choice do we.
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:56 - Apr 10 with 3818 viewsUxbridge

Put me in the Not enough Info camp for now. Being kept out of the loop is a terrible starting basis though, but will remain open minded.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 16:05 - Apr 10 with 3768 viewsIAN05

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:56 - Apr 10 by Uxbridge

Put me in the Not enough Info camp for now. Being kept out of the loop is a terrible starting basis though, but will remain open minded.

This
Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 16:11 - Apr 10 with 3741 viewsNookiejack

Based on what we know, do you think the proposed deal is a good thing? on 15:52 - Apr 10 by crix

Ok so after a night to think on it before I posted I’m going to put in my 2 cents worth. I think there have been many valid points put over by both camps on this forum. I think resorting to infighting between ourselves regarding who is right and wrong and who is the better supporter due to which side they are on is absolute bullshit though.
It’s quite obvious as has been put forward already that Huw and co have probably had enough and were close to seeing their potential fortune go up in smoke and yes I believe even the holier then thou brigade on here would do the same if it were them. It was their money that saved the club initially no matter what you want to think and as such they are entitled to do with it as they think.
Am I happy about these prospective buyers? Hell no I’m far from it; it looks like they are basically an investment firm hoping to make a killing from us. My only hope is that they are going to try to make us into a more valuable asset to somehow attract a bigger buyer from elsewhere, as other then that I can’t really see them making much from us. They may make a nice little earner each year, but these guys aren’t stupid that nice little earner is all about us staying in the premier league which by no means is guaranteed even with huge investment in playing staff. So as I have pointed out already I see this is probably a stepping stone to try to grow us into a perspective billionaire’s plaything. This by no means says I support what’s going on; all I’m saying is it just seems like the only feasible reason for these guys to want us.
So to sum up do I want this? No I would prefer us to stay our little back water club fighting against the odds by our shear persistence. Are these guys coming here to ruin our club, well that doesn’t make sense on any level unless they are being sent by bluey and co to destroy us from within, but honestly that does seem a little bit unlikely even by their standards. So we are probably just going to have to suck it up and hope for the best. Let’s try and go with cup half full because we don’t really have much choice do we.

If the Trust, Martin Morgan and Brian Katzen are against this then it seems there is a massive choice.

Also voting power would lie with shareholders who don't want to sell - so puts Directors who released announcement yesterday without approval of majority shareholders - in a precarious position - as assume they can be replaced if do not have confidence of majority shareholders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024