Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORCED RELOCATION 16:19 - Jun 8 with 33356 viewspatchboy

Emails have been sent out in this afternoon TELLING all season ticket holders in the family (South) stand without an under 16 in their group MUST be RELOCATED elsewhere by the 11th June. After this date they will get in touch with you to move you. They are not allowing anybody to be relocated to the WEST at all. In our circumstances, we are family made up of sister,nephew etc and so wanted 6 seats together. This option was not available and we have to settle for a 3 in one row, 2 in another row and a single on their own.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:22]
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:13 - Jun 10 with 2257 viewsKilkennyjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:34 - Jun 9 by Clydachjack

I sit in the south and this is the first I've heard of this, had no email. Been sat in my seat since the stadium opened, I sit there because I've always watched the swans from behind the goals, 20+ years on the east terrace.

After the farce of the new screens being shoved right in front of us if I do receive an email I'll politely tell them where to shove it.

Exactly.

Beware of the Risen People

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:23 - Jun 10 with 2226 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:04 - Jun 10 by icantbelieveit

Update on this situation. I have been to the club ticket office this morning but had to visit on two occassions. First time to discuss what Phil S had stated on this topic yesterday the same info was also said in the evening post that is it is an option of moving rather than a forced move. Apparently the emails are sent out in batches and everyone, who is in the south stand with no one in their group 16 or under will be relocated.
There are loads of seats that have been vacated in the East Stand, so they have the ability to relocate upto a group size of 27 seats to a new location in the East Stand. This basically means unless you group is huge then you will be relocated. I suggested that people sitting in the south stands do so for their preference in watching the games from behind the goal and had the club thought about moving the away fans to a corner, so those in the South stand could get their mirrored seat in the North Stand. To which I was told this will never happen. The second visit I made was to sort out my own seat, which has been possible only because one of my group has now transferred his ticket to one of my children, who I couldn't get a seat for in my current row.

Slightly confused by what you have said there but are you saying that it has been confirmed by the ticket office now that it is only an option? i.e. if you want to move (and there are people that do) then you should be able to but if you want to stay there then you will?
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:35 - Jun 10 with 2196 viewsFlashberryjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:34 - Jun 9 by Clydachjack

I sit in the south and this is the first I've heard of this, had no email. Been sat in my seat since the stadium opened, I sit there because I've always watched the swans from behind the goals, 20+ years on the east terrace.

After the farce of the new screens being shoved right in front of us if I do receive an email I'll politely tell them where to shove it.

I assume you're talking about the crowd facing LED advertising boards, or maybe the large screens that show adverts for carpets most of the time, all this done in the name of "enhancing our match day experience"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:37 - Jun 10 with 2191 viewsicantbelieveit

Hi Phil, Sorry about the confussion. The ticket office categorically said that it is not an option but a manditory move. If there is space for your group to be relocated then you will be.
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:44 - Jun 10 with 2170 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:37 - Jun 10 by icantbelieveit

Hi Phil, Sorry about the confussion. The ticket office categorically said that it is not an option but a manditory move. If there is space for your group to be relocated then you will be.

Thank you

Contradictory to what I have been told so off I go again...
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:44 - Jun 10 with 2164 viewsGowerjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:37 - Jun 10 by icantbelieveit

Doesn't effect me but that can't be right surely.

Seems draconian to me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:46 - Jun 10 with 2151 views3swan

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:44 - Jun 10 by Phil_S

Thank you

Wouldn't be the first time that internal communication has gone wrong at the club
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:48 - Jun 10 with 2143 viewsPhil_S

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:46 - Jun 10 by 3swan

Wouldn't be the first time that internal communication has gone wrong at the club

No comment...
Login to get fewer ads

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:55 - Jun 10 with 2112 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:46 - Jun 10 by 3swan

Another case of the Right hand and the left hand etc, etc, etc,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:06 - Jun 10 with 2089 viewsKilkennyjack

I reckon its a wheeze.

Nobody could be this dull.
You would do it before selling the seat for next season, right ?

So its just been done so the new owners can now step in as heroes and tell people it was just a mistake and apologise for upsetting long time fans. Job done.
Yes thats it, it must be.

I mean anything else would be total amateur crap, and we are a premier league outfit ....right ?

Beware of the Risen People

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:46 - Jun 10 with 2027 viewspatchboy

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:44 - Jun 10 by Phil_S

Thank you

We were forced to move. It was the only option if we wanted to stay with 'young' adult family members sitting together who had received emails but we hadn't . Their emails stated seats allocated on first come first served basis hence the rush to get us all sitting together. We told them it was wrong and specifically asked before taking seats if decision were to be reversed, how would we go about getting our seats back. The lady representative at the ticket office told us under no circumstances would the club back down and we felt pressured into sorting out our move there and then on Wednesday afternoon. We now find that some people who have complained since have been told they can stay where they are! We went back to raise our argument again after reading the evening post and what the trust has been told about it not being compulsory. We were firmly told that we could not have our seats back as there was room to facilitate us elsewhere (North Stand was the only option for us with 6 near to each other) We have reluctantly given up, but for the fight for the rest of the people that want to stay in their seats, here's the link taken from the renewal that was sent out regarding the vision for the South Stand.
http://swansrenew.com/our-vision

Note these paragraphs......
Regardless of the decision on expansion, we will be doing our upmost to improve the matchday experience at the Liberty Stadium, and this may necessitate some groups of fans moving in the coming seasons — for example those who do not have Under 16’s in their group but sit in the South Stand. Where supporters have to move, they will be contacted, options made clear and will be given first priority over their next choice of seat.

We anticipate some of these moves to take place at the end of the 2016/17 season, however should you wish to discuss options this year, there will be a two week period exclusively for relocating existing season ticket holders within the stadium at the end of the renewal deadline on 31st March 2016.

Details will be communicated to all season ticket holders nearer the time, we ask you to renew in the meantime to secure your existing seat which we will relocate at a later date subject to availability.
FORCED RELOCATION on 18:49 - Jun 10 with 2021 viewslondonlisa2001

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:55 - Jun 10 by max936

Another case of the Right hand and the left hand etc, etc, etc,

More likely that they say 'of course we won't make anyone do it', but the ticket office will still say it is manadtory, so people who haven't been on here or read reports elsewhere, will move as they think they have to. It's like the private companies relying on people to pay parking tickets because they don't know better. If someone really stands up to it they may let it go, but most probably won't so job done.
FORCED RELOCATION on 18:57 - Jun 10 with 2005 viewsJackfath

I haven't had an email still.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:00 - Jun 10 with 1999 viewslondonlisa2001

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:57 - Jun 10 by Jackfath

It's only been sent to people under the age of 40 they said yesterday.
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:03 - Jun 10 with 1980 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:00 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

The gentleman in an earlier post said all patrons would be getting an email. Why would it only apply to under 40s?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:11 - Jun 10 with 1961 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:57 - Jun 10 by Jackfath

Have you checked your JUNK folder?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:13 - Jun 10 with 1950 viewslondonlisa2001

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:03 - Jun 10 by Jackfath

The gentleman in an earlier post said all patrons would be getting an email. Why would it only apply to under 40s?

I have no idea. I read something yesterday which said they only needed 300 to move out of 1600 (or something like that) and they were sending it to people whose group didn't have either a child under 18 or a person over 40.

Perhaps they don't think the average 60 year old would want to move to the asbo stand whereas someone younger might prefer it?

Whole thing seems bonkers to me. Talk about annoying people for the sake of it.
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:14 - Jun 10 with 1947 viewsFlashberryjack

Taken from the SCFC2 guestbook posted by Vinnie......not sure of it's true.

"To clarify the seating arrangements. I spoke to Leigh Dineen yesterday and he asked me to pass on to everyone "We arent forcing people. Just asking them to help. Could u post that out somewhere ".
So if you don't want to move this season tell the ticket office so. If they say you have to tell them they need to clarify the club position with Leigh. But he said the club will not force anyone to move this year. I believe this is fair and gives people a bit of time to properly move next year. Hope this helps everyone."

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:15 - Jun 10 with 1945 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:13 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

I have no idea. I read something yesterday which said they only needed 300 to move out of 1600 (or something like that) and they were sending it to people whose group didn't have either a child under 18 or a person over 40.

Perhaps they don't think the average 60 year old would want to move to the asbo stand whereas someone younger might prefer it?

Whole thing seems bonkers to me. Talk about annoying people for the sake of it.

Insert comment about lack of ability/expertise here*

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:22 - Jun 10 with 1935 viewsbonymine

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:00 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

Well I'm 51 and had the email as my youngest son has just turned 16 and I went up to the Ticket Office yesterday and have moved with my old man (who didn't get the email) and my two sons to East Upper near the South Stand ; 4 of us in a row.

The email content most certainly implied a 'sorry but you have to move' scenario but we would have preferred to stay where we were for another season then move.

Absolute shambles as usual what's the point in Dineen now saying it's an 'optional move' when the official communication from the Club implied it was compulsory ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:26 - Jun 10 with 1921 viewsThursday

Folk are missing the big picture here. What else could the club have done differently? Could you think of a better way to let the newest generation of fans know just how mind-bogglingly incompetent and under-qualified the mad house is? Best they know now, eh?
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:31 - Jun 10 with 1904 viewsNeathJack

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:14 - Jun 10 by Flashberryjack

Taken from the SCFC2 guestbook posted by Vinnie......not sure of it's true.

"To clarify the seating arrangements. I spoke to Leigh Dineen yesterday and he asked me to pass on to everyone "We arent forcing people. Just asking them to help. Could u post that out somewhere ".
So if you don't want to move this season tell the ticket office so. If they say you have to tell them they need to clarify the club position with Leigh. But he said the club will not force anyone to move this year. I believe this is fair and gives people a bit of time to properly move next year. Hope this helps everyone."

Instead of Dineen asking you to pass it on to everyone and post it out somewhere, as commercial director why doesn't he get it posted on the official ****ing site as he ****ing well should do.

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:38 - Jun 10 with 1886 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:31 - Jun 10 by NeathJack

Instead of Dineen asking you to pass it on to everyone and post it out somewhere, as commercial director why doesn't he get it posted on the official ****ing site as he ****ing well should do.

Indeed.

But that would mean everyone would get to know and no one would move. He's not dull mun. Well, I mean, he is, but dull with low cunning. I like to think of him as being a bit like one of his vending machines; he can mechanically dispense pre-programmed shit if the coin falls in the right slot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:38 - Jun 10 with 1881 viewsbonymine

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:26 - Jun 10 by Thursday

Folk are missing the big picture here. What else could the club have done differently? Could you think of a better way to let the newest generation of fans know just how mind-bogglingly incompetent and under-qualified the mad house is? Best they know now, eh?

Spot on mate.

If this policy was mooted as far back as 2015 then the OBVIOUS and most CUSTOMER FRIENDLY strategy would have been to notify all affected groups in the South Stand that when renewals commenced for the 2016/2017 season I.e. December 2015, those affected could then choose MUTUALLY AGREEABLE alternative seats well in advance of the new season.

However, with the Muppet Show we have running this, we get an email on Wednesday 8th June stating that you HAVE TO MOVE and to contact the Ticket Offce by 4pm on Saturday 11th June to arrange this move I,e. 72 hours notice.

You really couldn't make this up for a Premier League club, it would be highly incompetent and insensitive if it were a League 2 team implementing this Policy on their longstanding season ticket holders.

AFC Swansea has already got a ring to it .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:48 - Jun 10 with 1846 viewsNewhousemustscore

Just checked the official website. We're now in to day 3 of this farce and still no Club statement to clarify the contradictory info/hearsay reported........or are the powers that be too busy counting their frigging money to actually comment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024