Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORCED RELOCATION 16:19 - Jun 8 with 33341 viewspatchboy

Emails have been sent out in this afternoon TELLING all season ticket holders in the family (South) stand without an under 16 in their group MUST be RELOCATED elsewhere by the 11th June. After this date they will get in touch with you to move you. They are not allowing anybody to be relocated to the WEST at all. In our circumstances, we are family made up of sister,nephew etc and so wanted 6 seats together. This option was not available and we have to settle for a 3 in one row, 2 in another row and a single on their own.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:22]
FORCED RELOCATION on 14:02 - Jun 13 with 2288 viewswaynekerr55

Well done on the trust statement

You may already be aware or indeed directly involved, in action by the Club to re-locate fans from the South Stand at the Liberty. The Trust has issued the following statement today.

The Swans Trust has seen a significant number of messages and emails from fans about recent communications received regarding change of seating in the South Stand. The communications sent by the Club demand that fans relocate to another area of the ground as they no longer have children under 16 in their group.

The Swans Trust understand the reasons for doing this as the South Stand is a designated family stand, but we feel that fans should have been encouraged to change and not forced, and such an alternative approach, allied with natural migration and movement, would successfully deliver the seats needed for the next generation.

We are dismayed and frustrated at the way in which this action has been taken, and our Supporter Director, Huw Cooze, raised our concerns with the Club on Thursday morning, and we are disappointed that no action was taken at that early stage to introduce a much more consultative approach rather than the take it or leave it ultimatum that longtime fans of the Club have been given.

Trust Chairman Phil Sumbler commented “I have read some of the emails that fans have received and listened to them regarding the calls they have had with the stadium ticket office, and I am shocked by the wording which has been used. Fans have been told that it is mandatory for them to move and if they do not take action then their seats will be cancelled and their money returned. This is not how we, as the largest independent shareholder in the club, expect a fan orientated club to operate.”

The Trust was not consulted on the nature and timing of the emails and although we would not expect to be consulted on every email sent by the Club, we are disappointed not to be involved in such a significant supporter related issue.

Huw Cooze will be meeting with club officials early this week and whilst we understand the need to transition fans across to other areas, we will be pushing to ensure that this is implemented in a very different way to what has happened so far.

If fans have any concerns about the way in which this has been handled then please visit the Customer Service reception at the Liberty Stadium or contact them via info@swanseacityfc.co.uk with a copy to ourselves info@swanstrust.co.uk .

The Swans Trust team
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 14:29]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:21 - Jun 13 with 2094 viewsBigPhilG

FORCED RELOCATION on 14:02 - Jun 13 by waynekerr55

You may already be aware or indeed directly involved, in action by the Club to re-locate fans from the South Stand at the Liberty. The Trust has issued the following statement today.

The Swans Trust has seen a significant number of messages and emails from fans about recent communications received regarding change of seating in the South Stand. The communications sent by the Club demand that fans relocate to another area of the ground as they no longer have children under 16 in their group.

The Swans Trust understand the reasons for doing this as the South Stand is a designated family stand, but we feel that fans should have been encouraged to change and not forced, and such an alternative approach, allied with natural migration and movement, would successfully deliver the seats needed for the next generation.

We are dismayed and frustrated at the way in which this action has been taken, and our Supporter Director, Huw Cooze, raised our concerns with the Club on Thursday morning, and we are disappointed that no action was taken at that early stage to introduce a much more consultative approach rather than the take it or leave it ultimatum that longtime fans of the Club have been given.

Trust Chairman Phil Sumbler commented “I have read some of the emails that fans have received and listened to them regarding the calls they have had with the stadium ticket office, and I am shocked by the wording which has been used. Fans have been told that it is mandatory for them to move and if they do not take action then their seats will be cancelled and their money returned. This is not how we, as the largest independent shareholder in the club, expect a fan orientated club to operate.”

The Trust was not consulted on the nature and timing of the emails and although we would not expect to be consulted on every email sent by the Club, we are disappointed not to be involved in such a significant supporter related issue.

Huw Cooze will be meeting with club officials early this week and whilst we understand the need to transition fans across to other areas, we will be pushing to ensure that this is implemented in a very different way to what has happened so far.

If fans have any concerns about the way in which this has been handled then please visit the Customer Service reception at the Liberty Stadium or contact them via info@swanseacityfc.co.uk with a copy to ourselves info@swanstrust.co.uk .

The Swans Trust team

Agreed Wayne that's a good statement from the trust and needed saying
FORCED RELOCATION on 21:34 - Jun 13 with 2072 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:21 - Jun 13 by BigPhilG

Agreed Wayne that's a good statement from the trust and needed saying

Good stuff. Would prefer a stance that relocation goes hand in hand with expansion mind you.

Anyone taking accountability at the club at all? I bet it was all a 'misunderstanding' wasn't it?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 21:34]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:51 - Jun 13 with 2002 viewsmaverick

FORCED RELOCATION on 14:02 - Jun 13 by waynekerr55

The Swans Trust team

What people are missing is that the South Stand is a family stand and no can stipulate the age of a family.
FORCED RELOCATION on 06:37 - Jun 14 with 1925 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 21:34 - Jun 13 by monmouth

Good stuff. Would prefer a stance that relocation goes hand in hand with expansion mind you.

Anyone taking accountability at the club at all? I bet it was all a 'misunderstanding' wasn't it?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 21:34]

Accountability? Isn't that a course that helps you understand about tax?

FORCED RELOCATION on 08:16 - Jun 14 with 1873 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 06:37 - Jun 14 by waynekerr55

Good point. I've heard there's a lot more interest in that down there these days.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 1824 viewsplasjack

FORCED RELOCATION on 06:37 - Jun 14 by waynekerr55

Is it also Tax avoidance.
FORCED RELOCATION on 15:49 - Jun 14 with 1725 viewsMillie

They are asking now, not demanding
Login to get fewer ads

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:08 - Jun 14 with 1701 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 15:49 - Jun 14 by Millie

They are asking now, not demanding

Thick as proverbial mince.

Then again, pay peanuts

FORCED RELOCATION (n/t) on 18:17 - Jun 16 with 1559 viewspatchboy

[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 16:46]
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:22 - Jun 16 with 1521 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION (n/t) on 18:17 - Jun 16 by patchboy

[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 16:46]

I haven't had a call.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:27 - Jun 16 with 1512 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:22 - Jun 16 by max936

I haven't had a call.

Nor me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:30 - Jun 16 with 1509 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:08 - Jun 14 by waynekerr55

Thick as proverbial mince.

Then again, pay peanuts

Pissup and Brewery spring to mind Wayne.

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:31 - Jun 16 with 1506 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:27 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

Nor me.

You moved then my friend?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:34 - Jun 16 with 1500 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:31 - Jun 16 by max936

You moved then my friend?

No. I didn't get the email either.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:45 - Jun 16 with 1483 viewsmax936

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:34 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

No. I didn't get the email either.

I'd complain at being left out mush

Just mentioned Patchboys post about moving back to my lad and he said no we got better seats

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024