Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 20:22 - Aug 1 with 35112 viewsGorslasJack

Starting to look like it might be happening!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-ashley-willi
Ash on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 3176 viewsLord_Bony

Would have been great if we could have had Joe Allen and Robson Kanu join Ash in the team...maybe later on we could have put a cheeky bid in for Bale ...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ash on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 3176 viewsLandore_Jack

Wouldn't be surprised if Guidolin resigned. I wouldn't blame him.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 21:52]

#backtojack

Ash on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 3147 viewsRancid

Ash on 21:50 - Aug 1 by Landore_Jack

Wouldn't be surprised if Guidolin resigned. I wouldn't blame him.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 21:52]

Beat me to it.Surely if he's got any integrity he's got to say hang a f**k**g dang now?
Ash on 21:53 - Aug 1 with 3141 viewsMorganator100

Ash on 21:46 - Aug 1 by jack247

Shit business then. Who is replacing Bartley?

I'd say that Joe Rodon will become 4th choice centre half.
Ash on 22:01 - Aug 1 with 2935 viewsjack247

Ash on 21:53 - Aug 1 by Morganator100

Possibly. I've no issue with Bartley going on loan as he wasn't going to make the first team, thought Van def Hoorn was an upgrade on him rather than our first reserve though.
Ash on 22:07 - Aug 1 with 2819 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 21:48 - Aug 1 by Borojack

Yes the plan is pocket the Sky money
Sell off the players pocket the cash.
Parachute payments get the wage bill down low.
Our old board have sold us down the river totally.

Thats how I see it.

Nah! They'd be finished, even in the U.S. if they did that. And for very little return.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ash on 22:08 - Aug 1 with 2801 viewsjasper_T

Bartley's new contract makes a bit more sense now. Still not a smart move (because he's shit) but you can see long term logic to it. I expect there's an (expensive) recall clause in his loan deal.

Amat replacing Wiliams was always intended to happen eventually. He's more than capable. It's the right time given the Euros.
Ash on 22:10 - Aug 1 with 2750 viewslonglostjack

Ash on 21:42 - Aug 1 by morningstar

Yes i can. There has to be some sort of plan somewhere along the line.

But the omens don't look good do they? If there was a plan then the selling of Ash and/or Ayew would presumably have been part of it. Then you add in the extra TV money and the sale of Shelvey and there would have been more than enough budgeted to have done a few deals by this stage. You also wouldn't expect Curt to be completely unaware of that plan, which he appears to be.

The only plaI see at the moment is a financial one.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 22:14]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 22:12 - Aug 1 with 2721 viewsGVJack

Ash on 22:08 - Aug 1 by jasper_T

Bartley's new contract makes a bit more sense now. Still not a smart move (because he's shit) but you can see long term logic to it. I expect there's an (expensive) recall clause in his loan deal.

Amat replacing Wiliams was always intended to happen eventually. He's more than capable. It's the right time given the Euros.

Also got to think about Amat and his development - he's not going to want to play 2nd fiddle for another coupe of years - he must be chomping at the bit to be a starte,. What if he were to get frustrated with the lack of football and anchor a move away in the next 12 months? There's a lot of time and investment wasted there. - therefore if someone is prepared to pay 10m for a 32 year old then this may be the door that opens up for him.
Ash on 22:16 - Aug 1 with 2658 viewsTummer_from_Texas

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ash on 22:19 - Aug 1 with 2610 viewsskippyjack

Look.. he's 32.. Rangel was OK at 32 an all.. it's when he hit 33 he become a complacent wreck.. Britton lost it 3 years ago..

Yet they're still here grinding out a living in the top league.. it's true, the pace of the league leaves them behind.. they'll have about 4 decent games a season.. but when you got Bolasie, Zaha, Martial, Berahino dragging you up and down the wing and at the back.. It takes its toll.

Leon 34 coming up 14 years
Rangel 34 coming up 9 years
Williams 32 coming up 8 years
Tremmel 38 coming up 5 years
Routledge is 31 5 years

They've been with us for a considerable amount of time.. and if it wasn't for pure sentiment.. Leon, Rangel and Tremmel would've been gone 2 years ago, if it was another club.

O'Leary 15 years, 3 as coach.. He should've left in the 2002-03 season.. but managed another 10 years.
Tate 13 years, appointed coach.. should've been sold after 2011/12
Trundle 5 years, 3 as coach.. His job is sentiment.
Monk 10 years, 2 as manager.. should've been sold after the 2010/11 season.. and sacked a lot earlier
Bodde 5 years.. somehow he managed to gain 3 more years
Tremmel 5 years.. should have gone after the 2012/13 season
Rangel 9 years.. should have gone this season.
Britton 14 years.. should have gone 2 seasons ago
Gower 5 years.. should have gone after the 2010/11 season
Butler 6 years.. should have gone after the 2008/09 season
Austin 4 years.. somehow managed an extra 2 years
Lawrence 4 years.. somehow managed an extra 2 years
OTJ 4 years.. how he lasted more than a year baffles me

107 years on these.. They don't know how fortunate they are..

O'Leary was a struggling League One player.. and a semi professional coach.. somehow thrust into a premier league set up.
Tate was a Championship player at best.
Trundle 's appointment is pure sentiment.
Monk was a championship player at best.. and somehow landed a top flight managerial job.
Bodde's career had ended.. We still paid him 3 years worth of wages though.
Tremmel.. was signed as a back up.. somehow is still our back up.
Rangel and Britton's time should be up.. but we all know they'll last a few more years yet.
Gower.. struggled in the Championship.. somehow played in the prem.
Butler.. struggled to get in the League One team.. never mind the premier one.
Austin.. had one decent season.. couldn't run after that.
Lawrence and OTJ were garbage full stop.

We have given these players millions of pounds that they don't particularly deserve.. If it was in the 'real' world though.. Some wouldn't have lasted a month.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ash on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 2598 viewsmagicdaps10

Do you know what, i am not too worry if Ash or even Ayew were to go as long as they reinvested the money back into the team.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ash on 22:21 - Aug 1 with 2564 viewsmagicdaps10

Ash on 22:19 - Aug 1 by skippyjack

Look.. he's 32.. Rangel was OK at 32 an all.. it's when he hit 33 he become a complacent wreck.. Britton lost it 3 years ago..

Yet they're still here grinding out a living in the top league.. it's true, the pace of the league leaves them behind.. they'll have about 4 decent games a season.. but when you got Bolasie, Zaha, Martial, Berahino dragging you up and down the wing and at the back.. It takes its toll.

Routledge is 31 5 years

They've been with us for a considerable amount of time.. and if it wasn't for pure sentiment.. Leon, Rangel and Tremmel would've been gone 2 years ago, if it was another club.

O'Leary 15 years, 3 as coach.. He should've left in the 2002-03 season.. but managed another 10 years.
Monk 10 years, 2 as manager.. should've been sold after the 2010/11 season.. and sacked a lot earlier

O'Leary was a struggling League One player.. and a semi professional coach.. somehow thrust into a premier league set up.
Monk was a championship player at best.. and somehow landed a top flight managerial job.
Rangel and Britton's time should be up.. but we all know they'll last a few more years yet.

We have given these players millions of pounds that they don't particularly deserve.. If it was in the 'real' world though.. Some wouldn't have lasted a month.

Dont agree with some of the things that you put in there but i can see where you are coming from.

Sentiment at the club is OTT.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ash on 22:23 - Aug 1 with 2541 viewsBorojack

Ash on 22:16 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

And there wss me thinking he had a 2 year contract.
We could say no or tell Everton we want more money.
Tummer what is your take on these guys then are we as the majority seem to think on here in big trouble.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Ash on 22:23 - Aug 1 with 2544 viewsGTCJack

Skippy, you could do with being put down you snivelling c*nt job. Do me a favour and learn some respect for some superb servants, both of which you wouldn't have seen or been around for their debuts.

Waste of spunk you were.
Ash on 22:25 - Aug 1 with 2515 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ash on 21:47 - Aug 1 by WarwickHunt

A bag of cement.

Fair enough.

Increased mobility was badly needed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ash on 22:26 - Aug 1 with 2486 viewsskippyjack

Ash on 22:23 - Aug 1 by GTCJack

Skippy, you could do with being put down you snivelling c*nt job. Do me a favour and learn some respect for some superb servants, both of which you wouldn't have seen or been around for their debuts.

Waste of spunk you were.

Why don't you f*ck off with these insults.. you weird c*nt.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Ash on 22:27 - Aug 1 with 2472 viewsGTCJack

Ash on 22:26 - Aug 1 by skippyjack

Why don't you f*ck off with these insults.. you weird c*nt.

I will when you explain to me why your mother didn't just give head.
Ash on 22:28 - Aug 1 with 2458 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ash on 22:19 - Aug 1 by skippyjack

Routledge is 31 5 years

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ash on 22:31 - Aug 1 with 2419 viewssomersetsimon

Ash on 22:16 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

New challenge?

If he'd gone to Arsenal I would have deserved one last crack at competing at a higher level and maybe winning a trophy, but Everton?
Ash on 22:32 - Aug 1 with 2376 viewsDewi1jack

Ash on 21:53 - Aug 1 by Morganator100

Maybe we can persuade Tatey and GM to come back on the books in case we get injuries.
Using the kids when we're safe is fine.
To go into the season with 2 new back up centre backs, one of whom is settling into a new country , the other an untried youngster seems a tad silly to me.
No guarantee that the cloggie will not get homesick (Paloschi?), or p1ssed off if he's not playing (like Fat Franc, but Dutch.)

Maybe we can sell AW and FF replacing them with our U16's (whose wages are dirt cheap,) just to please the new board.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ash on 22:33 - Aug 1 with 2347 viewsskippyjack

Ash on 22:27 - Aug 1 by GTCJack

I will when you explain to me why your mother didn't just give head.

F*cking ell.. you're dependent on your wife giving you a blow job..because you're such a mentally weak c*nt. I bet you start bowing down like a dog to a bone, you closet c*ck gobbler.

Ash on 22:36 - Aug 1 with 2303 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ash on 22:31 - Aug 1 by somersetsimon

New challenge?

If he'd gone to Arsenal I would have deserved one last crack at competing at a higher level and maybe winning a trophy, but Everton?

The challenge is coming up with new things to spend lots more money on.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ash on 22:39 - Aug 1 with 2256 viewsSwansNZ

Ash on 22:31 - Aug 1 by somersetsimon

New challenge?

It’s certainly a challenge.

They do have a better manager than their last one, but is Ash the type of player you’d want to rebuild a team around, as he has only a short time left at the top?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ash on 22:43 - Aug 1 with 2190 viewsmorningstar

Ash on 22:10 - Aug 1 by longlostjack

But the omens don't look good do they? If there was a plan then the selling of Ash and/or Ayew would presumably have been part of it. Then you add in the extra TV money and the sale of Shelvey and there would have been more than enough budgeted to have done a few deals by this stage. You also wouldn't expect Curt to be completely unaware of that plan, which he appears to be.

The only plaI see at the moment is a financial one.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2016 22:14]

Of course it's a financial one. Whether it's the right one remains to be seen. So far it doesn't fill me with much confidence, but hey, what the hell do i or any of us know. Unfortunately, it's a million miles away from the Petty era if their intentions are not good, as this time there is absolutely fvck all we can do about it.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024