Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation 22:05 - Dec 14 with 15209 viewsTheResurrection

Bradley went with the general consensus tonight. He's even picked your darling Montero, the centre back pairing people have been waiting for I've read, Llorente up front and Leon in midfield.

But as soon as the going gets tough you all come out so predictably and most of you aint got a facking clue about the game.

There's an argument we were the better side for 77 minutes but we got blown away by 3 brilliant crosses and headers. Yes we could have done more but our team is limited, especially on the left flank.

Taylor must have given the ball away in absolute comical fashion to absolutely no one on 6, 7 maybe 8 occasions. How the fack is he earning money from the game??

Montero is an absolute disgrace. When he's not interested he really shows the world how much that is so. His lethargy started them getting more on top of the game in those dreaded 13 minutes. If he'd shown more courage, more bite and energy we would have been giving them something to think about instead of them marauding upfield after another one of his weak attempts at whatever it was he was trying,

I've read why didn't he bring Barrow on earlier and yeah, maybe. He could have come on that smidgeon earlier and I'm sure he was being readied but he's been ill all week and hasn't trained. If ever there was a night for Montero to show he cared, this was it.

Leon was a passenger at times and like I said earlier he maybe should have been rested for a more even match against Middlesboro height wise.

Llorente did ok, but like I've been saying we lack energy when he plays. Borja gave us that and he needs consideration to play if he can get himself right.

Lastly, Siggy, apart from one cross at the end, the second worst player on the pitch tonight behind Taylor.

Overall it wasnt as bad as many are wanting to make it to be, but it shows there's no obvious best 11 and we need to somehow scramble a few more points before the end of the year and then give it a real shot in the window.

Some of us fans have never deserved Premier League football though, some of you have never been near the 4th Division and comments like I've read tonight show why.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:50 - Dec 14 with 1349 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:33 - Dec 14 by Darran

Nah it goes deeper I didn't mention team spirit I said players just aren't playing for him. We all know Montero is much better than he was tonight. Why does he look not interested?

Thats got naff all to do with Bradley and quite frankly its a vvank stick to hit him with. He's been like this ever since we've signed him and needs to fack off now.

Jesus facking wept!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:52 - Dec 14 with 1335 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I said on Saturday it was the CB pairing I was waiting for. I haven't changed my mind even after that game. If we want to play like we used to, those are the only two who can do it and we'll have to take them for good and bad.

Montero answered the question about being a starter. A complete passenger. Clueless positionally and tactically interjected with moments of high skill. A luxury our other weaknesses can't afford.

Bob f8cked up today for me only in that he exhausted players we'll need on Saturday. I hope that didn't take too much out of them physically.

People complain g about dabbing it about with no forward drive - I'd say it could be argued we tried to get it forward too quickly at times; showing desperation for a goal at the wrong moments as we feared them coming back into it. That ran the legs off us in the first half. When Brendan came in he introduced "resting on the ball" to our possession. We have forgotten how to do that. So we have these decent spells of possession, but the anxiety and fear builds up and we rush the final approach and it ends up a very defendable attack in the end, when a tiny bit more patience would maybe work better as we take a breath and get our heads up in the final third.

A bit disheartening today, and it feels the team put a lot into that without an eye on Saturday or any intention to "match them up" in the second half, I suppose because no one could see we'd be out on our feet so much.

We'll see what we can carry into the weekend, but we will be a physically weaker team than the first half today and definitely than last Saturday.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 22:58]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:52 - Dec 14 with 1334 viewsSwanjaxs

Again.... "Embarrassing Swans fans- YOU deserve relegation " .... surely it's WE deserve relegation? Come on Chrissy 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:56 - Dec 14 with 1289 viewsskippyjack

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:49 - Dec 14 by Swanzay

Good post, Montero looked like he didn't give a feck, as did a few others!

Begs the question is Bob capable of motivating the squad? The Resurrection suggests the team have spirit, yet that is feck all when you are clueless.

I simply dont think Bob has the respect of the players, I wonder why..
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 22:51]

Don't listen to him..

This team have 'spirit'.. this psychotic phenomenon has been in football grounds and football folklore since millennia.. it doesn't actually exist.

But managers up and down the country who use this phrase of speech are as dense as doorknobs anyway.

Arrgghh this team has spirit!.. (f*cking ell, moves seat for sanity purposes)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:58 - Dec 14 with 1270 viewsStarsky

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:29 - Dec 14 by jojaca

Our football was not good first half, it was just knocking around the halfway line back to around our own penalty area stuff. West Brom just waited on our mistakes to capitalize.

Rubbish, we were pushing at them, causing them to make mistakes.
I thought Leon & Fulton had an excellent first half but were let down by Lloriente, Montero and Siggy

It's just the internet, init.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:01 - Dec 14 with 1250 viewsswan_si

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:33 - Dec 14 by Darran

Nah it goes deeper I didn't mention team spirit I said players just aren't playing for him. We all know Montero is much better than he was tonight. Why does he look not interested?

Why does he look not interested?
because Taylor kept shouting at him and his hand is still bad.
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:01 - Dec 14 with 1249 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:34 - Dec 14 by monmouth

Would you choose him as manager though Chris? Or are you just saying that it doesn't matter? In which case would you have him through the window and, if necessary next year in the championship?

I've softened towards him as I saw the joy of everyone when we won, but I still think he's part of the problem, do you really think he's part of the solution?

When he was appointed I was horrified - i felt the Club slipping away from us with the very news.

And I would have gone for many a different manager so I realise this all sounds a bit hypocritical.

I watched the first few training sessions and I was genuinely worried that top pro's were having to learn from him, what with his US background and no playing career to call on. He's hardly a Laudrup, Sousa even Martinez rocking up is he.

But, I've listened carefully to his interviews and he's noticed things in games that I've not and makes sense. He's also tried to get us attacking more and recently gone back to a more possession based game. I'm pretty sure he's a good motivator and will come with a lot of life experience. He has managed some top quality players and pretty much pioneered the game in the States from nothing into a popular sport.

He just simply can't be blamed for all our troubles and in my opinion he's slowly getting more things right that wrong but he has pandered to popular opinion a bit too much for my liking, like he's done tonight. It was a mistake to go with pretty much the same team - but that's what the fans wanted.

He's also not afraid to give youngsters a game and he's bringing on Fulton, who i think will be important for us, Mawson, he's getting stronger and more wiley and McBurnine coming on Saturday at 3 up was the perfect time for him to come.

The false 9 was a decent shout and still is if we have static front men - it's also not his fault that Baston has gone missing, Taylor is our best option at left back and he's absolutely gash and our wingers are badly in need of an upgrade.

It's a tough job for anyone and he hasn't deserved the bullying.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:02 - Dec 14 with 1240 viewsMatlock_Jack

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:47 - Dec 14 by Dan_Swan

I would like to ask why you are so angry & personal towards other posters on this forum Res? Like you they are only expressing their opinions & because they don't conform to your beliefs it doesn't mean they are wrong.

Because it's easier to have a go at the supporters, sooner than criticise the club or the team. It's a way of avoiding the issue, really.
Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:02 - Dec 14 with 1238 viewsAngelRangelQS

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:46 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

You can't make a leader from nothing.

You can't do it from the bench either.

Cork, Leon, Siggy, Amat, Maws - none of them are leaders. We need a Ferrie Bodde but we've been sold down the swanee in the Summer so it's bollocks to criticise Bob for every facking thing.

I agree with the sentiment of your post though

No you can't which is exactly why not replacing Ash in the summer was absolutely mental, even by our standards.

Bob isn't the man to turn us from a 3/10 side into the 5/10 side needed to stay up. I don't think he's the man to get more than the sum of our parts in the same way as Rodgers did, as Pulis has done at West Brom (and Palace) and that Allardyce has done everywhere he's gone. Maybe if he'd come in after Laudrup went, he'd have had some success with the far superior side we had then.

People can argue all the want about whether Montero should start over Routledge, VDH over Mawson, whether Cork should have played instead of Britton etc but it's a pointless exercise because it makes no difference. None of them are currently/still/have ever been good enough.

The only way we will stay up is either by spending money on real quality in January (which we won't) or by appointing a manager who can turn us into a well organised, niggly and difficult to beat side.

If I owned the club and wanted us to stay up, I'd be chucking whatever money Big Sam or Hodgson wanted to come here and manage us. No more taking a punt or taking a chance, get someone with a proven track record in before Sunderland or Hull do.
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:06 - Dec 14 with 1202 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:45 - Dec 14 by morningstar

Chris, i stated on the match thread that Pulis had Bradley in his pocket well before half time and said they would up their game in the second half and we would be done for. That's exactly what happened. They defended deep knowing that we didn't really have a lot about us to break them down, and chased down our defenders meaning we were using up a lot more energy than them. Bradley is tactically inept at this level, and Pulis knew it. This was easy meat for them tonight. But we can't blame Bradley as he has been given the job of managing this equally inept squad of players as he is as a manager.

I'm not sure of that mate. The first goal was from nothing. A free kick maybe but poor defending.

The second came from our lethargy and fragility with Montero just being a complete waste of space and basically not trying.

Also, they score 3 brilliant headed goals and were all inch perfect - that doesn't happen too often.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:06 - Dec 14 with 1190 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:47 - Dec 14 by Dan_Swan

I would like to ask why you are so angry & personal towards other posters on this forum Res? Like you they are only expressing their opinions & because they don't conform to your beliefs it doesn't mean they are wrong.

Read the match day thread - that's why

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:08 - Dec 14 with 1160 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:47 - Dec 14 by icecoldjack

Without a doubt players are lacking direction from management. Looks to me like some don't respect Bob and in fairness a glance at his CV will not help correct that.

It's not an awful squad of players let's be honest. He can't get a tune out of them,he knows it too so should really resign and do everyone a favour.

Looks to you? So nothing scientific then or factual?

Just a wild assumption?

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:11 - Dec 14 with 1135 viewsmonmouth

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:01 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

When he was appointed I was horrified - i felt the Club slipping away from us with the very news.

And I would have gone for many a different manager so I realise this all sounds a bit hypocritical.

I watched the first few training sessions and I was genuinely worried that top pro's were having to learn from him, what with his US background and no playing career to call on. He's hardly a Laudrup, Sousa even Martinez rocking up is he.

But, I've listened carefully to his interviews and he's noticed things in games that I've not and makes sense. He's also tried to get us attacking more and recently gone back to a more possession based game. I'm pretty sure he's a good motivator and will come with a lot of life experience. He has managed some top quality players and pretty much pioneered the game in the States from nothing into a popular sport.

He just simply can't be blamed for all our troubles and in my opinion he's slowly getting more things right that wrong but he has pandered to popular opinion a bit too much for my liking, like he's done tonight. It was a mistake to go with pretty much the same team - but that's what the fans wanted.

He's also not afraid to give youngsters a game and he's bringing on Fulton, who i think will be important for us, Mawson, he's getting stronger and more wiley and McBurnine coming on Saturday at 3 up was the perfect time for him to come.

The false 9 was a decent shout and still is if we have static front men - it's also not his fault that Baston has gone missing, Taylor is our best option at left back and he's absolutely gash and our wingers are badly in need of an upgrade.

It's a tough job for anyone and he hasn't deserved the bullying.

Thanks for the logic. Personally I don't think he's got it, whatever 'it' is, but it's a bigger problem than just him for sure. January would have to be beyond spectacular I think to get us out of this one. Sad thing is things can change quickly and I think a result tonight could have genuinely turned us around, and at half time I thought we might just get it. Saturday is now massive. I really think lose that and we can pack our bags, there is no real margin left. Somehow we need at least eight more wins, and somehow we need to stop conceding such simple goals.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:12 - Dec 14 with 1120 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:52 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

I said on Saturday it was the CB pairing I was waiting for. I haven't changed my mind even after that game. If we want to play like we used to, those are the only two who can do it and we'll have to take them for good and bad.

Montero answered the question about being a starter. A complete passenger. Clueless positionally and tactically interjected with moments of high skill. A luxury our other weaknesses can't afford.

Bob f8cked up today for me only in that he exhausted players we'll need on Saturday. I hope that didn't take too much out of them physically.

People complain g about dabbing it about with no forward drive - I'd say it could be argued we tried to get it forward too quickly at times; showing desperation for a goal at the wrong moments as we feared them coming back into it. That ran the legs off us in the first half. When Brendan came in he introduced "resting on the ball" to our possession. We have forgotten how to do that. So we have these decent spells of possession, but the anxiety and fear builds up and we rush the final approach and it ends up a very defendable attack in the end, when a tiny bit more patience would maybe work better as we take a breath and get our heads up in the final third.

A bit disheartening today, and it feels the team put a lot into that without an eye on Saturday or any intention to "match them up" in the second half, I suppose because no one could see we'd be out on our feet so much.

We'll see what we can carry into the weekend, but we will be a physically weaker team than the first half today and definitely than last Saturday.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 22:58]

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/add-reply/184590/0

Good post but read the comments in this thread.

My biggest criticism of Bradley is he is trying to please everyone but he needs to make stronger decisions that the [idiots] on here sometimes won't always like

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:15 - Dec 14 with 1101 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:58 - Dec 14 by Starsky

Rubbish, we were pushing at them, causing them to make mistakes.
I thought Leon & Fulton had an excellent first half but were let down by Lloriente, Montero and Siggy

Exactly right!! Our front 3 weren't at the races whatsoever and we were well good money for a deserved draw at the break. The better side comfortably.

Had that free kick not gone in and Barrow, who would have come on around 60, got into their lumbering right back it may have been so so different

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:16 - Dec 14 with 1096 viewsskippyjack

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:08 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

Looks to you? So nothing scientific then or factual?

Just a wild assumption?

Look at 'this team has fighting spirit'.. f*cking ell..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:16 - Dec 14 with 1097 viewsMatlock_Jack

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:12 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

My biggest criticism of Bradley is he is trying to please everyone but he needs to make stronger decisions that the [idiots] on here sometimes won't always like

Oh for goodness sake, you insulting little soul; if people on here are such idiots, why not find a board more suited to your needs?
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:18 - Dec 14 with 1078 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:12 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

I thought you were just copying what I said on the match day thread right after the game on Saturday ;)

Joking aside - Thankfully there's a few of you, you, shonky, Clasey and even seemingly monny and star sky begrudgingly (sorry for anyone I missed) who I am thankful for at least seeing these recent games at least broadly similarly to how I am.

As classy said elsewhere, some of these comments recently are from some kind of psychedelic alternate reality to the situation we face now, rather than based on things we can do a month from now.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 23:20]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:19 - Dec 14 with 1069 viewsDan_Swan

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:06 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

Read the match day thread - that's why

To be honest, I cannot be bothered to do that as I have work in the morning. My observation is that from reading some of your posts since you came back you do seem to be quite an aggressive poster.

You are entitled to your opinion, just like everybody else. Doesn't make anybody wrong for expressing theirs, even if they disagree with one another.

Still following Dr's orders!

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:26 - Dec 14 with 1019 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:02 - Dec 14 by AngelRangelQS

No you can't which is exactly why not replacing Ash in the summer was absolutely mental, even by our standards.

Bob isn't the man to turn us from a 3/10 side into the 5/10 side needed to stay up. I don't think he's the man to get more than the sum of our parts in the same way as Rodgers did, as Pulis has done at West Brom (and Palace) and that Allardyce has done everywhere he's gone. Maybe if he'd come in after Laudrup went, he'd have had some success with the far superior side we had then.

People can argue all the want about whether Montero should start over Routledge, VDH over Mawson, whether Cork should have played instead of Britton etc but it's a pointless exercise because it makes no difference. None of them are currently/still/have ever been good enough.

The only way we will stay up is either by spending money on real quality in January (which we won't) or by appointing a manager who can turn us into a well organised, niggly and difficult to beat side.

If I owned the club and wanted us to stay up, I'd be chucking whatever money Big Sam or Hodgson wanted to come here and manage us. No more taking a punt or taking a chance, get someone with a proven track record in before Sunderland or Hull do.

i'm not so sure.

This is a crazy league - look at West Brom now. They are flying high and apart from showing how fragile we have become we were more than a match for them. Put it this way, I will look forward to them coming to the Lib next year.

Also, to think after the start we've had we were out of the bottom 3 on Saturday, albeit briefly, is hard to fathom but definitely encouraging. We are one of the only teams that clearly looked as if we didn't improve our squad in the Summer and that is unforgivable.

We only need 3 worst teams this season - thats the only target and is achievable - but we do need to properly strengthen.

It's 8 points from 9 Bradly games and that includes Man U, Arsenal and Spurs so we're getting somewhere. We're at least giving ourselves a chance when we've looked to be dead and buried before.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:29 - Dec 14 with 999 viewsmahoss

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 22:19 - Dec 14 by TheResurrection

Like I've said in the other thread, you're getting boring as fack and more and more entrenched in your hatred for the bloke.

Take the blinkers off and offer some balance to your rants and they may mean something. Currently its just a wall of noise and bluster

The quicker we get rid of Bob the better,the coming weeks will show this,he's out of his depth with the position we are in..........it's clear.
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:33 - Dec 14 with 974 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:11 - Dec 14 by monmouth

Thanks for the logic. Personally I don't think he's got it, whatever 'it' is, but it's a bigger problem than just him for sure. January would have to be beyond spectacular I think to get us out of this one. Sad thing is things can change quickly and I think a result tonight could have genuinely turned us around, and at half time I thought we might just get it. Saturday is now massive. I really think lose that and we can pack our bags, there is no real margin left. Somehow we need at least eight more wins, and somehow we need to stop conceding such simple goals.

We don't necessarily need 8 more wins. Maybe as little as 6 more could do it. We need to at least start turning defeats into draws to get to a respectable tally though.

Our home games are crucial unless we can get a nasty bastard or two who can handle the tough away games.

We've got 11 home games left starting with massive games against West Ham and Bournemouth. But how badly do we need at least 4 points from them - We are also 3 points adrift of Boro so it's imperative we get at least a point up there.

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:36 - Dec 14 with 957 viewsjasper_T

The result is bad enough but then there's this self-righteous tit waving his bollocks around on here.
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:37 - Dec 14 with 956 viewsJack11

The op is basically saying that the fans somehow have an influence on Bradley and his team selection. The fans deserve relegation because of their influence on him and who he selects. That's insane.
Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:41 - Dec 14 with 938 viewsTheResurrection

Embarrassing Swans fans - you deserve relegation on 23:18 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

I thought you were just copying what I said on the match day thread right after the game on Saturday ;)

Joking aside - Thankfully there's a few of you, you, shonky, Clasey and even seemingly monny and star sky begrudgingly (sorry for anyone I missed) who I am thankful for at least seeing these recent games at least broadly similarly to how I am.

As classy said elsewhere, some of these comments recently are from some kind of psychedelic alternate reality to the situation we face now, rather than based on things we can do a month from now.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 23:20]

I should have clarified when I wrote - we have the centre back pairing we've been waiting for... etc...

I like them together, I see real promise in this pairing. I also think Fede gets more stick than he deserves and we may need him too. I know he's got a howler in him but they all have i'm afraid to say.

I hope Mawson and Amat get a strong run of games in together, even though they should have dealt with Rondon better tonight.

Left back is a nightmare though and when we get in a position of their attackers coming up against either of our full backs then we're always going to be in trouble.

That's what Big Sam gives you, as people are crying out for, huge defenders who don't get caught at the far post - Pullis too. Once Taylor and Angel are exposed it's curtains.

But Jenkins has left us with this mess and it will be a tough one to put right. But left back is an absolute priority

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024