Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? 12:29 - Jan 4 with 4787 viewssherpajacob

"I was the lucky one to score the goal, but after so many weeks being probably, if you want to call it a 'shambles' or 'not well organised', we looked like a proper team"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:36 - Jan 4 with 4005 viewswestwalesed

Yeah I remember hearing that - says it all doesn't it?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:45 - Jan 4 with 3898 viewsLoyal

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:36 - Jan 4 by westwalesed

Yeah I remember hearing that - says it all doesn't it?

I can't believe Clement had much or anything to do with our win, so maybe it was curt ?
Not sure then what the excuse was for the loss to Bournemouth, because that was curt as well.
Maybe playing a game nobody expected us to win away from home is the answer.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 3871 viewsblueytheblue

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:45 - Jan 4 by Loyal

I can't believe Clement had much or anything to do with our win, so maybe it was curt ?
Not sure then what the excuse was for the loss to Bournemouth, because that was curt as well.
Maybe playing a game nobody expected us to win away from home is the answer.

Curtis strikes me as a decent guy but never a manager.

I suspect Bournemouth he tried for a semblance of continuity. I also believe that last night, Clement gave him a very basic blueprint of how he wanted things to go - then coming down to take charge.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:50 - Jan 4 with 3844 viewsmax936

I honestly think if Taylor had stayed on last night we would have lost the game, if that Badstuper did come here Taylor won't play again this season, whatever happens we need a left back.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 13:57 - Jan 4 with 3550 viewsUxbridge

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:47 - Jan 4 by blueytheblue

Curtis strikes me as a decent guy but never a manager.

I suspect Bournemouth he tried for a semblance of continuity. I also believe that last night, Clement gave him a very basic blueprint of how he wanted things to go - then coming down to take charge.

Nah. There's been no disntinct change in structure, formation etc. This was very much a Swans setup of a year or so ago. I suspect Clement's input into the tactics,selection and formation were very limited. No issue with him taking credit for it though ... no harm in there being a honeymoon period.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:11 - Jan 4 with 3439 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The second half was the sort of embarassing performance and approach that has taken us to bottom of the table this season.

Defending for most of the second half as if we were 1-0 up at the Nou Camp was woeful. It was Crystal Palace for God's sake. Bournemouth didn't sit back after their first goal against us. Neither did West Ham or any of the other teams to give us a beating recently.

Yet every time we take a lead, we defend as if it is the final two minutes of stoppage time.

We were fortunate to win yesterday against a side we showed we could clearly dominate, as evidenced by the first 45 minutes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:16 - Jan 4 with 3427 viewskarnataka

As I understand it, PC met the players before the game and also spoke to them at half time. He spoke well in his first interview and sounded to most of us like someone who could be a tough cookie when necessary. Just maybe he has a way of speaking to the players that is a bit more uplifting and motivating than they've become used to of late and made them want to play for him and it lifted them by those few extra important percent. Like to think that's the case as it augurs well for the rest of this season and beyond. Hull will be a good test without pressure.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:22 - Jan 4 with 3373 viewsTheResurrection

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 13:57 - Jan 4 by Uxbridge

Nah. There's been no disntinct change in structure, formation etc. This was very much a Swans setup of a year or so ago. I suspect Clement's input into the tactics,selection and formation were very limited. No issue with him taking credit for it though ... no harm in there being a honeymoon period.

The only thing different our end last night was the rare rub of the green, not conceding the first goal and probably new manager watching on effect.

It helped that Palace had played 48 hours before and just aren't that good. I saw them against Watford, or at least some of that game and thought they were decent but on further investigation that team is pretty shit bar Zaha, Cabaye and on rare occasion Benteke. I wouldn't want these in a scrap, mind.

There'll be much stiffer tests ahead and we have to strengthen.

Also, as encouraging as it was we need to keep our feet on the ground as too many of our fans can only see black or white and nothing in between.

It's pretty bloody comical.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:49 - Jan 4 with 3200 viewsTheKirkyLife

We got our slice of luck yesterday. Having seen back the Benteke incident it was a penalty though it would have been a soft one. Had he not tried to pull out of the situation it was nailed on.

Bob's biggest issue, in my opinion, was not building off encouraging wins at Palace and Sunderland. How you could then go on to lose so heavily and so badly against anyone is a cardinal sin. We'll see if Clement's got what it takes with the performance against Arsenal.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:51 - Jan 4 with 3178 viewsLeonWasGod

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 13:57 - Jan 4 by Uxbridge

It also looked very similar to the Everton away match. Just we were the ones with the late goal this time.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:58 - Jan 4 with 3132 viewsdeanscfc

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 12:50 - Jan 4 by max936

I honestly think if Taylor had stayed on last night we would have lost the game, if that Badstuper did come here Taylor won't play again this season, whatever happens we need a left back.

This. I think we would have lost too.

I'm glad that everyone is now starting to see it because too many points have been dropped and will be dropped by us not having a PL quality left back. It should our top priority and an area we don't try to do on the cheap. If we mess it up then it's relegation.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:03 - Jan 4 with 3102 viewsharryhpalmer

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:49 - Jan 4 by TheKirkyLife

We got our slice of luck yesterday. Having seen back the Benteke incident it was a penalty though it would have been a soft one. Had he not tried to pull out of the situation it was nailed on.

Bob's biggest issue, in my opinion, was not building off encouraging wins at Palace and Sunderland. How you could then go on to lose so heavily and so badly against anyone is a cardinal sin. We'll see if Clement's got what it takes with the performance against Arsenal.

Well watching SSN earlier, Dermot thought it was NOT a pen.

The Angel handball he thought was, so we definitely dodged a bullet there.

But even before that Benteke incident we should have been at least a couple of goals to the good, as we wasted a number of good opportunities.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:08 - Jan 4 with 3043 viewsjack247

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 14:58 - Jan 4 by deanscfc

This. I think we would have lost too.

I'm glad that everyone is now starting to see it because too many points have been dropped and will be dropped by us not having a PL quality left back. It should our top priority and an area we don't try to do on the cheap. If we mess it up then it's relegation.

Points have been dropped by not having a PL quality team (and manager) not just left back. I understand your personal crusade against Taylor and don't disagree he isn't up to the job, but we have more influential positions that need strengthening.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:33 - Jan 4 with 2921 viewsblueytheblue

Bow to your greater knowledge.

I'd have assumed that Clement, due to lack of time to fully prepare, just gave Curtis basic blueprint of how he wanted to set up.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:39 - Jan 4 with 2886 viewsdeanscfc

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:08 - Jan 4 by jack247

Points have been dropped by not having a PL quality team (and manager) not just left back. I understand your personal crusade against Taylor and don't disagree he isn't up to the job, but we have more influential positions that need strengthening.

Weakest player in the side by a long way as was clear for everyone to see last night. There is no position which is more urgent. Watch back highlights of the goals we have conceded this year and just how much of the danger has come from our left side. I won't even bother discussing his lack of ability to go forward.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:53 - Jan 4 with 2815 viewsjasper_T

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:08 - Jan 4 by jack247

Nah, we don't. It's the single biggest problem area in defence and attack, and has been for a long time.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:00 - Jan 4 with 2766 viewsjack247

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:39 - Jan 4 by deanscfc

Weakest player in the side by a long way as was clear for everyone to see last night. There is no position which is more urgent. Watch back highlights of the goals we have conceded this year and just how much of the danger has come from our left side. I won't even bother discussing his lack of ability to go forward.

I'm not defending him. Do find it weird that 90 odd percent of your posts are directed at Taylor though. I'm not even saying he isn't our weakest player. You can easily stay up without a PL quality left back, it's much harder without a PL quality CB or CM though.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:01 - Jan 4 with 2754 viewsjack247

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 15:53 - Jan 4 by jasper_T

Nah, we don't. It's the single biggest problem area in defence and attack, and has been for a long time.

That just isn't true is it?
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:25 - Jan 4 with 2672 viewsblackjackwood

Its not so much a personal crusade against Taylor , its more a frustration that He and his agent truly believe he's a world class player and that Neither Monk, nor Curtis ,nor Bradley and probably Jenkins too do not seem to realise how poor he is and I also believe his tantrum got Guidolin sacked !
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:32 - Jan 4 with 2636 viewsjack247

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:25 - Jan 4 by blackjackwood

Its not so much a personal crusade against Taylor , its more a frustration that He and his agent truly believe he's a world class player and that Neither Monk, nor Curtis ,nor Bradley and probably Jenkins too do not seem to realise how poor he is and I also believe his tantrum got Guidolin sacked !

It is from Dean. It's all he posts about.

Not at all denying that Taylor isn't good enough, certainly not denying he has a massive opinion of himself. I defended him up until about a year ago, when I realised I was simply wrong.

We have bigger problems than left back at the moment though. It's one to sort in the summer, get a leader at the back and a dog/playmaker depending on how we want to play, in midfield first.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:54 - Jan 4 with 2498 viewsdeanscfc

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:32 - Jan 4 by jack247

It is from Dean. It's all he posts about.

Not at all denying that Taylor isn't good enough, certainly not denying he has a massive opinion of himself. I defended him up until about a year ago, when I realised I was simply wrong.

We have bigger problems than left back at the moment though. It's one to sort in the summer, get a leader at the back and a dog/playmaker depending on how we want to play, in midfield first.

Ffs.."one to sort in the summer"...really? I was going to make a proper post but there's no point if that is your belief. We will be down and our best players will have left if we leave that position until summer. I have nothing personally against Taylor and I actually think that the name calling of him has gone much too far recently but I do want us to remain a PL club and I just find it astounding that some people still can't see how urgent this weakness we have is. You can't carry sub par players in the PL...particularly in defence when the opposition susses out that weakness and targets it.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:55 - Jan 4 with 2488 viewsVetchitBack

There was a sketch on little-known late surreal comedy programme Dare to Believe that involved a football manager giving a team talk where he repeats one phrase and one phrase only:

"Be better at football"

He was bald too.

But imo we were painfully short of leaders before the departure of Williams so I do take his point.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 17:02 - Jan 4 with 2391 viewsjack247

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:54 - Jan 4 by deanscfc

Ffs.."one to sort in the summer"...really? I was going to make a proper post but there's no point if that is your belief. We will be down and our best players will have left if we leave that position until summer. I have nothing personally against Taylor and I actually think that the name calling of him has gone much too far recently but I do want us to remain a PL club and I just find it astounding that some people still can't see how urgent this weakness we have is. You can't carry sub par players in the PL...particularly in defence when the opposition susses out that weakness and targets it.

Ok let me rephrase. One to sort now. After we have signed the right centre back, the right central midfielder and a winger who can either chip in with goals or create. Then we can look at left backs.

No issue with you pointing out Taylor's deficiencies. Just find it odd you criticise him constantly but rarely say anything about anyone else.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 2239 viewsjasper_T

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 16:01 - Jan 4 by jack247

That just isn't true is it?

It is.

Left Back > Left Wing > Right Back needed for me in terms of the gap in quality between what we need and what we have.
Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 18:04 - Jan 4 with 2143 viewsdeanscfc

Rangel Post match quote - what does this say about Bob? on 17:02 - Jan 4 by jack247

Ok let me rephrase. One to sort now. After we have signed the right centre back, the right central midfielder and a winger who can either chip in with goals or create. Then we can look at left backs.

No issue with you pointing out Taylor's deficiencies. Just find it odd you criticise him constantly but rarely say anything about anyone else.

Well we're obviously gonna disagree on how urgernt a left back is but for me the reason itnis so important is:

1) Taylor is now being targeted. Sides know that he is a weakness in our team and are going for it.

2) We don't have much in the way of back up here..Kingsley is it. And he is nowhere near experienced enough.

3) Taylor seems to have lost any defensive ability. At one point we could say 'ah well he doesn't offer us anything going forward but at least he is solid enough'. Now we can't day that. He often seems a yard or two off the pace and is continually beaten. Half the time he isn't even in position anymore and seems to be strolling around in midfield without bothering to get back.

4) While agree that we also need a right back, at least we have both Naughton and Rangel. Rangel is off the pace but still better than Taylor and Naughton is 'ok' but from time to time has a decent game.

5) Yes we need another winger badly especially with Montero playing poorly recently and now injured, but any winger we have will be helped massively by a fullback that doesn't continually pass backwards when an attack would otherwise be on...or by one that has the pace and confidence to link with them well. Someone like Ben Davies would make life much easier for our winger, I'm sure of it.

6) Centre backs...yeah we need one...but actually I don't think Fernandez or Amat are neccessarily bad players. Both have played well for us previously...Amat under Laudruo and Fernandez more recently. Mawson stepped up big time yesterday too. We still need a leader.

Again, I think if we say 'Taylor can be replaced in the summer' then by that point we will be down. The time is now..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024