Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group 01:50 - Jan 27 with 9256 viewsDavillin

I know that many of you do not think well of Theresa [edit: Thanks PhactOrri and other posters] May, but I truly hope that you will put aside as you read my post.

I watched her 32-minute speech to the U.S. Republican Congressional retreat in Philadelphia earlier today.

I recommend it to you.

She was very well received, with many interruptions for applause, and not a few for standing ovations, as she painted a word picture of the long-standing relationship between our two countries. And, without mentioning our previous president's having allowed that relationship to wither [at least], she made a strong appeal for a renewal of it [standing ovation].

Not only do I not believe the oft-repeated notion as completely false that the United States treats the United Kingdom as an inferior, I am offended that we are so demeaned. Both our countries, by the way.

In all my life, I have never heard a single word about our relationship except positive ones. I believe and know that she described the American view of that relationship with 100% accuracy.

Her speech and the congressmen and congresswomen are well worth your time and effort.

P.S., did your media point out that one of the very first acts of President Trump on his first day in the White House was to return the bust of Winston Churchill to its pre-Obama place of honor in the Oval Office?

URL to P.M. May's speech:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/26/british_pm_theresa_may_at_gop_
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 16:14]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:14 - Jan 28 with 783 viewsDarran

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:11 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

You're taking shit.

But I don't care, I'm just saying.

No I'm not thick twáts like Bluey and Ebo etc throw out the not elected as PM line because she wasn't elected PM at a GE.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:15 - Jan 28 with 781 viewsexiledclaseboy

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:14 - Jan 28 by Darran

No I'm not thick twáts like Bluey and Ebo etc throw out the not elected as PM line because she wasn't elected PM at a GE.

General elections don't elect PMs mun.

Poll: Tory leader

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:16 - Jan 28 with 775 viewsDarran

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:15 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

General elections don't elect PMs mun.

Look wańkstain you now exactly what I'm saying so piss off.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 772 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:08 - Jan 28 by Darran

She wasn't elected as any other PM usually is in a GE.

But I don't care I'm just saying.

No PM is elected mun. There's a party with a majority whose leader becomes PM. Or there's a coalition like 2010.

Then said PM goes on to represent the City of London Corporation and completely f*cks over the country.

FPTP is brilliant too. 24% of the populace want this government in place yet they gain a majority. People will have to explain democracy to me in words containing not very many syllables.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 771 viewsDarran

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:18 - Jan 28 by Jack_Meoff

No PM is elected mun. There's a party with a majority whose leader becomes PM. Or there's a coalition like 2010.

Then said PM goes on to represent the City of London Corporation and completely f*cks over the country.

FPTP is brilliant too. 24% of the populace want this government in place yet they gain a majority. People will have to explain democracy to me in words containing not very many syllables.

Yeah I know Harry.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:25 - Jan 28 with 1292 viewslondonlisa2001

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:18 - Jan 28 by Jack_Meoff

It really does make me laugh every time you go on about the City of London Corporation.

You know that they are just the local authority don't you? Their main worry is collecting the bins on Cheapside three times a day and fining people for dropping fag ends on Moorgate.

Yes, they have strange historic powers (as do many things within the City of London) but you talk about them as though they're led by Blofeld mun. Don't believe everything you read in books that people want to make as sensational as possible to sell more. If you really want to freak yourself out, have a read about the powers that the Middle Temple and Inner Temple have :-)
P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:26 - Jan 28 with 1289 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:20 - Jan 28 by Darran

Yeah I know Harry.

Then my apologies Frank.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:26 - Jan 28 with 1288 viewsDarran

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:26 - Jan 28 by Jack_Meoff

Then my apologies Frank.

Accepted.

Login to get fewer ads

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:27 - Jan 28 with 1286 viewsblueytheblue

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:26 - Jan 28 by Darran

Accepted.

Peace breaks out on PS...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:28 - Jan 28 with 1284 viewsexiledclaseboy

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:25 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

It really does make me laugh every time you go on about the City of London Corporation.

You know that they are just the local authority don't you? Their main worry is collecting the bins on Cheapside three times a day and fining people for dropping fag ends on Moorgate.

Yes, they have strange historic powers (as do many things within the City of London) but you talk about them as though they're led by Blofeld mun. Don't believe everything you read in books that people want to make as sensational as possible to sell more. If you really want to freak yourself out, have a read about the powers that the Middle Temple and Inner Temple have :-)

Well you would say that, Miss Moneypenny. You're clearly in on it.

Poll: Tory leader

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:57 - Jan 28 with 1251 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:25 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

Well I'm glad I'm a source of amusement to you anyway. You must go to a lodge there where you wear trousers with legs of different lengths and shake hands funny. I can spot the type a mile away. Classic deflection technique...

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:08 - Jan 28 with 1236 viewslondonlisa2001

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 21:57 - Jan 28 by Jack_Meoff

Well I'm glad I'm a source of amusement to you anyway. You must go to a lodge there where you wear trousers with legs of different lengths and shake hands funny. I can spot the type a mile away. Classic deflection technique...

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Goodness gracious me. I don't think they allow women into their lodges yet do they? (Although I've had a few nice nights out over the years in the various livery companies - they drink an awful lot).

It's not that you make me laugh by the way, it's the thought of a bunch of council workers who worry about bins and planning permission being some sort of shadowy world government that makes me laugh :-)
P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:16 - Jan 28 with 1225 viewssherpajacob

The same person led the "no to AV" campaign and the"vote leave" campaign.

taking back control, democracy? Or ensuring a right wing ruling elite maintain power?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:22 - Jan 28 with 1210 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Out in turkey now she is .

F@cking hell what have we done .

She's keeping great company lately .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:24 - Jan 28 with 1206 viewsblueytheblue

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:22 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Out in turkey now she is .

F@cking hell what have we done .

She's keeping great company lately .

Politicians of every ilk have odd bedfellows.

Interesting Turkey are suddenly vermin - yet EU wanting them to join, eventually.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:27 - Jan 28 with 1197 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:16 - Jan 28 by sherpajacob

The same person led the "no to AV" campaign and the"vote leave" campaign.

taking back control, democracy? Or ensuring a right wing ruling elite maintain power?

You've answered your own question. Democracy is an illusion IMHO mate.

AV is bollocks.

Give me a shout when PR is ever on the cards (snowball's chance in hell) and I may venture up the 'poll'-ing station to cast my 'volt' (vote) to decide who's in 'charge.' Until then they're not getting my time or energy.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:30 - Jan 28 with 1197 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:24 - Jan 28 by blueytheblue

Politicians of every ilk have odd bedfellows.

Interesting Turkey are suddenly vermin - yet EU wanting them to join, eventually.

They've always been a nation not to be trusted ,recent events cement that .

Won't be long she'll be out in Saudi very soon ,braying to their every terrorist need .

My teeth ache taking this all in .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:33 - Jan 28 with 1185 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:30 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Won't be long she'll be out in Saudi very soon ,braying to their every terrorist need .

Brilliant isn't it. We give a flying f*ck (oh my sides) about regimes that abuse 'human rights', but those who buy arms from us get a free pass, regardless of how many beheadings take place per year. We're literally the most hypocritical nation on earth. And our f*cking taxes pay for this sh*t.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:36 - Jan 28 with 1177 viewsblueytheblue

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:30 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Don't disagree about Saudi.

Reality is though, deals create / retain jobs. PM, politicians, company executives can all be blamed by some with regards to morals and ethics - how far do you take it? Joe Public, working at company making parts for a plane comprising part of a deal. Would they also be complicit for enabling, by choosing to work in that industry?

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:41 - Jan 28 with 1167 viewsPozuelosSideys

I think May smells an opportunity here with Trump, in much the same way Thatcher did with Reagan. Both Reagan and Trump were basic, inexperienced politicians who could be hand held and walked through things. May smells a chance to even up the balance in the relationship with the US.. a good thing as its clearly required.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:43 - Jan 28 with 1159 viewsLohengrin

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:33 - Jan 28 by Jack_Meoff

Brilliant isn't it. We give a flying f*ck (oh my sides) about regimes that abuse 'human rights', but those who buy arms from us get a free pass, regardless of how many beheadings take place per year. We're literally the most hypocritical nation on earth. And our f*cking taxes pay for this sh*t.

Party politicians are amoral, servile bagmen of finance, they are not the nation.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:57 - Jan 28 with 1140 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:43 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

Party politicians are amoral, servile bagmen of finance, they are not the nation.

Couldn't agree more pal. Less esteem I couldn't hold the worthless vermin in. Yet we still toddle off up to vote for them every 4/5 years. What's the matter with us?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 23:00]

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 23:34 - Jan 28 with 1111 viewsEbo

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 16:03 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

As regards Ms. Le Pen it is interesting to note that as regards her main rival for the Presidential elections, Francois Fillon, "France’s financial prosecutors opened a preliminary probe on Wednesday into suspected embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds.

Allez Marine.

No surprise there Loh - she's an out an out racist, birds of a feather and all that.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 23:37 - Jan 28 with 1107 viewsDavillin

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 22:57 - Jan 28 by Jack_Meoff

Couldn't agree more pal. Less esteem I couldn't hold the worthless vermin in. Yet we still toddle off up to vote for them every 4/5 years. What's the matter with us?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 23:00]

Answer: There's no better alternative available. But then you already knew that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 23:51 - Jan 28 with 1097 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 23:37 - Jan 28 by Davillin

Answer: There's no better alternative available. But then you already knew that.

Davillin, with respect I completely disagree.

Don't ever think there's no alternative to the collective insanity we find ourselves in. Ever. We're selling ourselves so short in that regard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024