Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s thumped by Bristol City 15:55 - Feb 23 with 3096 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They will need to get back on track to guarantee their top spot by season's end.
Currently 4:0 to Bristol

They are only showing the top 12, Bristol must be below that in the league.

This is not a League, Match it is a group stage match, my bad.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 16:11]
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 16:09 - Feb 23 with 2734 viewsSnackajack

There are only 12 teams in the league and Bristol City are not in it. This was a cup match. BCFC are in the division below - The Professional Development League.
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 16:12 - Feb 23 with 2714 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 16:09 - Feb 23 by Snackajack

There are only 12 teams in the league and Bristol City are not in it. This was a cup match. BCFC are in the division below - The Professional Development League.

Yes I just updated after checking it.
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 18:23 - Feb 23 with 2485 viewssP7qupUf

How strong a side have we got out?
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 18:49 - Feb 23 with 2429 viewstrampie

Very bad result, Swans will probably have to win away to Bristol City now having just lost 0-4 to them at home, if Swans draw then Swans will need the result in the other game to go their way, if Swans lose they will be out of that particular competition.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 18:55 - Feb 23 with 2398 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 18:23 - Feb 23 by sP7qupUf

exactly

results arent everything at under 23

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:24 - Feb 23 with 2336 viewsLord_Bony

The U23s are now 10 points clear of nearest challengers Fulham, with just four games of the campaign remaining. They are top of their league and it looks like promotion for them.

This was not a league match against Bristol, so does nt really count for much.

Well done guys.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:32 - Feb 23 with 2309 viewsSwanjaxs

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:24 - Feb 23 by Lord_Bony

The U23s are now 10 points clear of nearest challengers Fulham, with just four games of the campaign remaining. They are top of their league and it looks like promotion for them.

This was not a league match against Bristol, so does nt really count for much.

Well done guys.

Exactly! Bigger fish to fry next Tuesday against Hertha Berlin at the Liberty, Hertha beat Everton in the group stages so will probably be the best opponents they have faced all season including the teams they played from league's 1 and 2

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:46 - Feb 23 with 2259 viewsmonmouth

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 18:49 - Feb 23 by trampie

Very bad result, Swans will probably have to win away to Bristol City now having just lost 0-4 to them at home, if Swans draw then Swans will need the result in the other game to go their way, if Swans lose they will be out of that particular competition.

Yeah Swans u23 are out of a cup. I'm in bits. Bits.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 2250 viewsjasper_T

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 18:23 - Feb 23 by sP7qupUf

Surprisingly strong. Apart from the keeper and one in midfield it was all regulars you'd expect to see playing.
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:14 - Feb 23 with 2198 viewsSwansNZ

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:46 - Feb 23 by monmouth

Yeah Swans u23 are out of a cup. I'm in bits. Bits.

Clement out.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 2174 viewsepaul

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:14 - Feb 23 by SwansNZ

Clement out.

Toshack out!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:24 - Feb 23 with 2172 viewsKilkennyjack

Dont care about the result, great to see 6 Swansea based players representing us.

Surely this is the whole point ?

Beware of the Risen People

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:27 - Feb 23 with 2159 viewsjasper_T

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:24 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

Dont care about the result, great to see 6 Swansea based players representing us.

Surely this is the whole point ?

No, the whole point is to generate products and revenue for Swansea City PLC.
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 21:05 - Feb 23 with 2084 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:27 - Feb 23 by jasper_T

No, the whole point is to generate products and revenue for Swansea City PLC.

Well failing fecking massively then.

Folowing your logic we may as well scrap the u9's to u16's.
Just pull in other peoples products at 16 using new found financial muscle, stick them in a white shirt, and walk around all proud.

That approach had produced ......well, nobody to date.....

Lets hope Kenje, Alex Brey, Grimes, and the Scottish players can break through soon.

I prefer to see our local lads given a chance to develop. We can produce them. Proven.

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 21:18 - Feb 23 with 2058 viewswaynekerr55

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 21:05 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

Just pull in other peoples products at 16 using new found financial muscle, stick them in a white shirt, and walk around all proud.

Lets hope Kenje, Alex Brey, Grimes, and the Scottish players can break through soon.

I prefer to see our local lads given a chance to develop. We can produce them. Proven.

Actually that's the approach Brentford have gone for. They scrapped their academy as they developed the posters then the big clubs used EPPP to plunder them for peanuts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 22:48 - Feb 23 with 1930 viewsjasper_T

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 21:05 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

As people have told you before, the academy development was only completed last January so it's stupid to think things should already be paying off. The 18/19/20 year olds we have at the club weren't brought up within the finished product. Their "failure" is not a failure of this academy.

There are local lads in the development teams. They play alongside promising kids brought in from elsewhere. Players develop better when they compete with and play alongside greater quality teammates.

We're not missing out on the Joe Allens by bringing in Ryan Blair, Botti Biabi etc. Aaron Lewis, Owain Jones, Joe Rodon, Keston Davies, Connor Roberts & Josh Sheehan continue to get games.

Liam Cullen, Kieran Evans and Jack Evans are starting to see u23s game time now from the u18s side.
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 23:10 - Feb 23 with 1910 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 22:48 - Feb 23 by jasper_T

As people have told you before, the academy development was only completed last January so it's stupid to think things should already be paying off. The 18/19/20 year olds we have at the club weren't brought up within the finished product. Their "failure" is not a failure of this academy.

There are local lads in the development teams. They play alongside promising kids brought in from elsewhere. Players develop better when they compete with and play alongside greater quality teammates.

We're not missing out on the Joe Allens by bringing in Ryan Blair, Botti Biabi etc. Aaron Lewis, Owain Jones, Joe Rodon, Keston Davies, Connor Roberts & Josh Sheehan continue to get games.

Liam Cullen, Kieran Evans and Jack Evans are starting to see u23s game time now from the u18s side.

I don't need to be told stuff.
I can make my own mind up, thanks.

Your line makes no sense at all.

The old CoE achieved more than the Academy.
Thats criminal.

In short we have not even stayed the same, we have spent many millions and produced far less.

I am pleased that 6 local lads started tonight and i don't care about the result.

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 23:14 - Feb 23 with 1894 viewsmarchamjack

Look, it's very nice if our U23s do well. But if they totally bomb out and we produce maybe 1 genuine 1st teamer from a crp side. Job done.

That's it sorry. That's the whole point/value.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 00:08 - Feb 24 with 1840 viewsjasper_T

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 23:10 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

I don't need to be told stuff.
I can make my own mind up, thanks.

Your line makes no sense at all.

The old CoE achieved more than the Academy.
Thats criminal.

In short we have not even stayed the same, we have spent many millions and produced far less.

I am pleased that 6 local lads started tonight and i don't care about the result.

So if you've decided that these millions have already been wasted (since they didn't somehow retroactively improve players from before they were spent) what's your solution? Spend more millions? Scrap the facilities? Only play local kids so that the best talent gets fed up and moves away to real academies that will nurture their talent better (and pay them more)?
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 08:14 - Feb 24 with 1714 viewsDr_Winston

Yes, the CoE that had been running for years produced more players than an Academy that was only finished less than eighteen months ago.

Top facts there KJ.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:59 - Feb 24 with 1501 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 08:14 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Yes, the CoE that had been running for years produced more players than an Academy that was only finished less than eighteen months ago.

Top facts there KJ.

Ok Einstein, why should it be worse than CoE days ?
There is no reason.

You are giving an easy life to sub standard coaching and sub standard recruitment.

Hold people accountable.
Millions spent for nothing as things stand. Fact.

Its not good enough.

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:12 - Feb 24 with 1483 viewsDr_Winston

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 19:59 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

Ok Einstein, why should it be worse than CoE days ?
There is no reason.

You are giving an easy life to sub standard coaching and sub standard recruitment.

Hold people accountable.
Millions spent for nothing as things stand. Fact.

Its not good enough.

Perhaps because it takes more than eighteen months to develop a young footballer?

Does that really need to be explained? Seriously?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 23:00 - Feb 24 with 1388 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 20:12 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps because it takes more than eighteen months to develop a young footballer?

Does that really need to be explained? Seriously?

Does June 2013 and cat 2 academy status ring any bells ?

18 months ? Excuses mate, pure and simple ?

CoE - ben, joey, macca, jazz
Academy since June 2013 - sweet feck all

Does that really need explaining ?

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 11:53 - Feb 25 with 1317 viewsjasper_T

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 23:00 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

4 years is probably the bare minimum for developing a footballer through an academy to senior level, and the club has been continually pushing things forward since then. Cat one facilities were completed just over a year ago.

If we've still not produced any more footballers of Shaun Macdonald's level two years from now then you'll have a fair point.
U23s thumped by Bristol City on 12:02 - Feb 25 with 1308 viewsDr_Winston

U23s thumped by Bristol City on 23:00 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

The minimum age for any player to join an Academy is 9. So by your logic we should have a crop of 13/14 year olds ready to break into the first team any time now.

It can take a decade for an Academy to start developing players on a consistent level. A reality you continually fail to see with your short termist, short sighted desire to see the club piss away every penny into the pockets of players and agents instead of investing in the future.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024