Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. 23:07 - May 23 with 6914 viewsAquinas

What is your greatest sporting achievement?

I'm not very sporty anymore but a hole in one is probably the best for me. Closely followed by a 161 checkout in darts and numerous 180s. The finally seven balling a few people in Pool.

What makes them so great is I'm not very good at any of the above 'sports'.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:39 - May 24 with 1416 viewsDarran

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:37 - May 24 by lifelong

Played on the Vetch in a youth cup final 1963, still got the medal and photographic evidence. ⚽️

Prove it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:44 - May 24 with 1412 viewslifelong

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:39 - May 24 by Darran

Prove it.

😄 I knew you'd say that...you've got no chance.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:51 - May 24 with 1407 viewspencoedjack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:37 - May 24 by lifelong

Played on the Vetch in a youth cup final 1963, still got the medal and photographic evidence. ⚽️

Played football for Bridgend & District / South Wales schoolboys.

My school side side got to the final of Welsh schools (thinking about might have been SW) lost in the final at Ninian Park.

Then women, booze, fag, drugs & Swans came along and I became not a bad pool player.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:55 - May 24 with 1400 viewsTrundle10

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 12:57 - May 24 by dickythorpe

Do you remember Iestyn Thomas of Pontypool?
Christ that boy was a strong scrummager!!
Played against him at youth and even behind my tighthead I could feel this immense pressure coming through.
Dean Thomas was immensley strong as well for such a pint sized flanker.

Propped against a lot of the top boys of my era, never marked Iestyn Thomas though. Dean Thomas.... gear?
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:55 - May 24 with 1401 viewsDafyddHuw

I watched McEnroe beat Borg Wimbledon 1981.

Saw it on tele with a party bag of crisps and a 2litre bottle of Coke.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:57 - May 24 with 1397 viewsMillJack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:16 - May 24 by waynekerr55

Which course do you normally play on when you're not hob nobbing with the elite at the home of golf?

I was, until March this year, a member at Morriston. However, the birth of my 3rd son has put an end to the required amount of time for regular golf! I'll be lucky to play more than 7 or 8 times this year.

Do you play anywhere local? I quite like the idea of a PlanetSwans golf day!

On another note, I was lucky to get a place on The Old Course through the online ballot. £83 the round cost me....maybe the best £83 I've ever spent
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:16 - May 24 with 1376 viewsploppy

When in junior school, reached the final of the 5-a-side tournament in the village carnival. We lost 7-5. I scored all 5. Downhill from there.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:19 - May 24 with 1370 viewssherpajacob

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 11:07 - May 24 by MrSwerve

Or did he get 501 from 147 darts?

Yeah, most of them were at double one.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:37 - May 24 with 1343 viewsElward

Played for Cardiff Devils
Played roller hockey for Wales and Great Britain
European champions in Rec Ice Hockey
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:46 - May 24 with 1336 viewswaynekerr55

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:57 - May 24 by MillJack

I was, until March this year, a member at Morriston. However, the birth of my 3rd son has put an end to the required amount of time for regular golf! I'll be lucky to play more than 7 or 8 times this year.

On another note, I was lucky to get a place on The Old Course through the online ballot. £83 the round cost me....maybe the best £83 I've ever spent

Nope, used to be a member at Gower when I was in school, dislocated shoulder just before college put paid to playing regularly. I've had the odd hack up here, will try and get out more. I too like the sound of a golf day!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:50 - May 24 with 1329 viewsCountyJim

Ran the line in a Conference South game the Ref got injured no fourth official so call went out for a qualified Ref the senior Lineo took the whistle

Fairplay he let me call everything and I didnt cheat even if it was the County

I played Cricket for Gwent Health authority at Burry Port in early 80s we where all out for something like 46 they where one short with about 15 overs left the Captain turned to me fancy a bowl Jim I took the ball walked all the way to the boundary ran in steaming let the ball go it must have come out about 25 mph he hitit stright back to me caught and bowled the Guy played in Sri Lankas first ever test match as well he told me in the bar after so you can imagine me in the Bar and minibus home

There you go Skipper should have put me on first up

When I was about 18 Darren Morgan was a very good young snooker prospect at the time I was in the Red Triangle Snooker club in Cross Keys I asked him for a frame he said yes gave me 100 start and told me to break off

The fecker cleared up
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 16:25 - May 24 with 1283 viewsnantywatcher

Scoring five times in a 6-0 county semi final win. I missed a pen in the final which we lost 1-0. (I hate happy endings!)
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 16:41 - May 24 with 1273 viewsPhil_S

I've had two hole in ones at golf

Like the OP, numerous 180s at darts (well into the 20s) and once did them in consecutive throws and also once hit a 170 finish and also 150 by hitting three bullseyes

Snooker think my highest break was 40 odd, never managed to seven ball anyone at pool

I once bowled Bob Latchford out at cricket and faced three balls from Greg Thomas (former Glamorgan bowler) but trust me that was more than enough - you think people bowl fast until you face a professional and the ball is past you before you realise its been released

Never been someone I would class as good at sport and as for things like football and rugby I was and always have been basically rubbish!
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 16:59 - May 24 with 1251 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Luckily enough to pull the beloved white shirt on.
Youth & reserves

Never made the big time .

Shot a 78 last couple of weeks ago in golf happy with that.

Played in the UEFA cup .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:05 - May 24 with 1241 viewsLord_Bony

I once spe.t over an hour in a paraglider over Merthyr Tydfil.

I also got to over 3,500 ft above sea level. That was 20 yrs ago.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:08 - May 24 with 1237 viewsOnslow

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 16:59 - May 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Youth & reserves

Played in the UEFA cup .

One of the best footballers I've seen play at amateur level, mush

She keeps passin' me by...

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:09 - May 24 with 1236 viewsDarran

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:08 - May 24 by Onslow

He was crap.

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:15 - May 24 with 1231 viewsPhil_S

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:57 - May 24 by MillJack

I would imagine at some point our paths must have crossed as I'm a member at Morriston too

I do like the idea of a PlanetSwans golf day though if someone wants to take up that mantle - maybe we can pick a local charity and support it?
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:17 - May 24 with 1223 viewsDarran

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:15 - May 24 by Phil_S

I would imagine at some point our paths must have crossed as I'm a member at Morriston too

I do like the idea of a PlanetSwans golf day though if someone wants to take up that mantle - maybe we can pick a local charity and support it?

Nitts will organise it.

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:28 - May 24 with 1203 viewsJackfath

Once stayed in a tent next to Robert DeNiro in Pwllheli and beat him at swingball.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:31 - May 24 with 1193 viewspencoedjack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 16:59 - May 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Youth & reserves

Played in the UEFA cup .

We have a winner 👍
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:37 - May 24 with 1185 viewsKilkennyjack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:28 - May 24 by Jackfath

Once stayed in a tent next to Robert DeNiro in Pwllheli and beat him at swingball.

We have a winner ....🏆

Beware of the Risen People

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:42 - May 24 with 1173 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:09 - May 24 by Darran

He was crap.

Bitch

Burrows thought the same

Scottish c@nt😂

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:43 - May 24 with 1171 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:08 - May 24 by Onslow

Hugs Mart

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:51 - May 24 with 1151 viewstaffpunk

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:37 - May 24 by Elward

Played for Cardiff Devils
Played roller hockey for Wales and Great Britain
European champions in Rec Ice Hockey

Absolutely great achievements, well done.
I was a member of the best Junior Boys Club Football side in the 70's in the Valleys, won loads of trophies, player of the years etc. Unfortunately, on the day Aston Villa scouts had come to see me and one other team mate play, our trainer decided to play me out of position, I had a mare. Then 1977 came along, Punk Rock, Girls, booze, a change of school and a very unhealthy fascination with off-field activities at the Football ruined my life

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024