Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. 23:07 - May 23 with 6913 viewsAquinas

What is your greatest sporting achievement?

I'm not very sporty anymore but a hole in one is probably the best for me. Closely followed by a 161 checkout in darts and numerous 180s. The finally seven balling a few people in Pool.

What makes them so great is I'm not very good at any of the above 'sports'.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:55 - May 24 with 1494 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:37 - May 24 by Elward

Played for Cardiff Devils
Played roller hockey for Wales and Great Britain
European champions in Rec Ice Hockey

Superb 👏🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:00 - May 24 with 1486 viewsDr_Winston

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:15 - May 24 by Phil_S

I would imagine at some point our paths must have crossed as I'm a member at Morriston too

I do like the idea of a PlanetSwans golf day though if someone wants to take up that mantle - maybe we can pick a local charity and support it?

You ever played in the team games with Richard King?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:49 - May 24 with 1430 viewsCleddau

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:00 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

You ever played in the team games with Richard King?

Winning Welsh and British titles in Athletics and representing Wales and Great Britain.

But my greatest achievement was coaching my youngest daughter in Athletics to her first Welsh title and Welsh vest after I retired. Far more satisfying than anything I ever achieved.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 18:54]
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:51 - May 24 with 1428 viewsCleddau

Didn't mean to quote Dr_Winston
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:54 - May 24 with 1420 viewsDarran

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:49 - May 24 by Cleddau

Winning Welsh and British titles in Athletics and representing Wales and Great Britain.

But my greatest achievement was coaching my youngest daughter in Athletics to her first Welsh title and Welsh vest after I retired. Far more satisfying than anything I ever achieved.

Why'd you retire?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:58 - May 24 with 1415 viewsCleddau

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:54 - May 24 by Darran

Why'd you retire?

Injury Darran.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 19:02 - May 24 with 1410 viewsploppy

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 14:16 - May 24 by ploppy

When in junior school, reached the final of the 5-a-side tournament in the village carnival. We lost 7-5. I scored all 5. Downhill from there.

Apart from ... played amateur football in the USA. Won our State championship in 1991 (or maybe 1992). Lost in the regional final to a team from Florida.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 19:24 - May 24 with 1392 viewstaffpunk

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:49 - May 24 by Cleddau

Absolutely brilliant, well done, something to be very proud of.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 19:40 - May 24 with 1367 viewsmonmouth

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 13:57 - May 24 by MillJack

I was, until March this year, a member at Morriston. However, the birth of my 3rd son has put an end to the required amount of time for regular golf! I'll be lucky to play more than 7 or 8 times this year.

Do you play anywhere local? I quite like the idea of a PlanetSwans golf day!

On another note, I was lucky to get a place on The Old Course through the online ballot. £83 the round cost me....maybe the best £83 I've ever spent

Is the old course the one where you have to carry round the piece of carpet to play your shots off? If so I once 'played' a few shots on that whilst horrendously hungover on an RBS executives binge. Stayed in the hotel overlooking the 17th(?). Maybe it was just me that had to use the carpet as I'm not really a poncy golfist. It was rolling on for thirty years ago so I might be misremembering. It was definitely in Scotland.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 22:46 - May 24 with 1290 viewsMillJack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 19:40 - May 24 by monmouth

Is the old course the one where you have to carry round the piece of carpet to play your shots off? If so I once 'played' a few shots on that whilst horrendously hungover on an RBS executives binge. Stayed in the hotel overlooking the 17th(?). Maybe it was just me that had to use the carpet as I'm not really a poncy golfist. It was rolling on for thirty years ago so I might be misremembering. It was definitely in Scotland.

There are a lot of links courses where you have to do that at certain times of the year, The Old Courae being one of them. Fortunately the conditions meant that we didn't have to on the day I was there.

Sounds like you're talking about St Andrews though, the hotel next to the 17th is a famous one. You have to hit over part of its grounds off the tee.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 22:52 - May 24 with 1286 viewsbuilthjack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:15 - May 24 by Phil_S

I would imagine at some point our paths must have crossed as I'm a member at Morriston too

I do like the idea of a PlanetSwans golf day though if someone wants to take up that mantle - maybe we can pick a local charity and support it?

Count me in

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 22:59 - May 24 with 1281 viewsperchrockjack

If I played golf, I d come down

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 23:00 - May 24 with 1278 viewsbuilthjack

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 22:59 - May 24 by perchrockjack

If I played golf, I d come down

You can be my caddy

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 23:04 - May 24 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

You can call me Betty

I did take part on a sponsored daisy chain in Mumbles once

I came first

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 23:31 - May 24 with 1245 viewsthenorthbankbog

Played rugby league for Wales A (amateur team) twice against France and England in 1994
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 08:15 - May 25 with 1172 viewscsf

Table tennis was my bag. Was part of a nation wide youth club and was area champion for 5 years on the bounce, made it to the National finals and tanked the final. Won various lower division titles and cups in my league back home. Ironically had my best year when I moved to Swansea playing at Penlan, but was training up there twice a week with very good players.
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 11:57 - May 25 with 1129 viewspremierjack

Representing Wales for a number of years and winning titles in martial arts.

Winning cup game at under 11's down the vetch

Represented school boy's football every year in comprehensive school.

Winning a Welsh 7 a side football tournament when I was 10 and playing a year up, then qualifying for the big tournament in England as the only Welsh team. Our prize for winning the Welsh tournament was to have a celebrity coach for the weekend. He traveled to England with us, we progressed through each round and got to the final. About 500 English kids and parents watching the final trying to intimidate us by swearing and threatening us! We won the final on penalties, we celebrated in front of them like we had won the World Cup - great memories...... oh, and the celeb coach was Alan Curtis
Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 17:08 - May 25 with 1084 viewstaffpunk

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 11:57 - May 25 by premierjack

Representing Wales for a number of years and winning titles in martial arts.

Winning cup game at under 11's down the vetch

Represented school boy's football every year in comprehensive school.

Winning a Welsh 7 a side football tournament when I was 10 and playing a year up, then qualifying for the big tournament in England as the only Welsh team. Our prize for winning the Welsh tournament was to have a celebrity coach for the weekend. He traveled to England with us, we progressed through each round and got to the final. About 500 English kids and parents watching the final trying to intimidate us by swearing and threatening us! We won the final on penalties, we celebrated in front of them like we had won the World Cup - great memories...... oh, and the celeb coach was Alan Curtis

Brilliant, must be great memories for you.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Your Greatest Sporting Achievement. on 18:33 - May 25 with 1061 viewstaffpop

Scored my only ever goal for St Josephs junior school up Paradise Park in 1979. We were queueing up to score. It was magical. No one could believe I'd actually scored.

I still fill up when I'm driving past there....

If anyone would like the full rundown of the goal feel free to pm me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024