Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. 22:16 - Aug 9 with 11812 viewsSwans777

Flynn, Martinez, Rodgers, Tate, Monk, Rangel, Britton, Trundle and a few more.
Great evening at the Liberty, made me feel proud to be a Jack, my friends. 👍
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:45 - Aug 10 with 1701 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:38 - Aug 10 by Garyjack

"When you consider we were down in all but name when he took over." There was still 37 games left mun! .....and he lost 18 of those!

Do you remember how we signed players that summer?

We organised a kick about and signed whoever had a decent match. Our squad was lacking beyond words, it was a miracle we survived.

Context is everything.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:45 - Aug 10 with 1701 viewsmonmouth

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:06 - Aug 10 by Darran

"An ok job"

He almost got us two successive promotions he deserves more credit.

We played some cracking stuff in that first Liberty season too. It's not true that the football was turgid or wholly functional.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:47 - Aug 10 with 1701 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:38 - Aug 10 by Garyjack

"When you consider we were down in all but name when he took over." There was still 37 games left mun! .....and he lost 18 of those!

I've always said that. I know he had to bring a few players in but he did take over in the September and it still took him untill the last game of the season to sort it out.

On a side note he's employed by us ad a scout now I'd love to know how much the stupid little çunt is on and what he's doing to earn it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:54 - Aug 10 with 1684 viewsr0ckin

I admire the Jackett rump of supporters, they haven't shifted and for that they have my respect.

I think Jackett was a lucky manager, he inherited a decent L2 squad the attendances were on the increase there was optimism as we had local businessmen in charge with a new stadium around the corner.

He was the first manager in years to have had some money to invest, not millions but could invest.

His football was turgid, it was well known Martinez was a driving force who he wanted out because of his influence.

Overall he got us promoted with a great day out at Bury one of the highlights and put us into contention for the championship so to reiterate he moved us forward but in my eyes our success was largely in spite of him rather than BECAUSE of him.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:55 - Aug 10 with 1681 viewsvetchonian

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:33 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

Interesting thread.

Personally I view them all (Flynn onwards) as integral to the journey we needed to take to get to where we are today (up until Laudrup - after that it went off the rails). They all contributed in an important way - some more than others in terms of importance of success, but each equally important to the overall journey.

a Moot point Luadrups appointment was a turning point....a great Marque to have as a manager for little ol Swansea with him came cup success but also the dismantling of the so called "Swansea Way" as team principles were eroded with the introduction of cliques and non observance of previous practises....his sacking was more of a turning point as little HJ suddnely flet big in that he could remove such a legend ....Monks "permenant" appointment also marked something significant...following Martinezs desertion and raping of the backroom Colin Pascoe and Alan Curtis were made to fixtures to new incoming managers to ensure continuity..this fell apart whrn Pascoe left with Brendan but the legend that was Laudrup still had to accept Curt on his team...BUT the so experienced Monk refused Curt and HJ allowed this so renaging on the so called continuity plan....we all know how things have gone since.
BUt to add Jacketts role was as important as the others ....who is to say Martinez would have got us out of Lg2? and as is said Jacket missed out o back to back promotions on penalties! HIs football may not have been pretty to watch at times but it was effective!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:58 - Aug 10 with 1677 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:54 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

I admire the Jackett rump of supporters, they haven't shifted and for that they have my respect.

I think Jackett was a lucky manager, he inherited a decent L2 squad the attendances were on the increase there was optimism as we had local businessmen in charge with a new stadium around the corner.

He was the first manager in years to have had some money to invest, not millions but could invest.

His football was turgid, it was well known Martinez was a driving force who he wanted out because of his influence.

Overall he got us promoted with a great day out at Bury one of the highlights and put us into contention for the championship so to reiterate he moved us forward but in my eyes our success was largely in spite of him rather than BECAUSE of him.

Hahahahaha fuçking hell.
Flynn didn't have any money to bring players in then?

How did Martinez playing career go after Jackett released him for not being good enough anymore?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:01 - Aug 10 with 1660 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:58 - Aug 10 by Darran

Hahahahaha fuçking hell.

How did Martinez playing career go after Jackett released him for not being good enough anymore?

He didn't release Martinez because of his abilities, it was because of a disagreement in style of play you know that.

As I said Flynn brought in some quality signings, I'm saying that Jackett joined at a relative high point.

I remember that period vividly, the club was at the most optimistic since probably the early 90's

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:03 - Aug 10 with 1655 viewsSwans777

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:58 - Aug 10 by Darran

Hahahahaha fuçking hell.

A question for you all.
If Kenny Jacket hadn't been sacked, would the Swans be in the premier league now ?.
Login to get fewer ads

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:05 - Aug 10 with 1651 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:03 - Aug 10 by Swans777

A question for you all.
If Kenny Jacket hadn't been sacked, would the Swans be in the premier league now ?.

Nailed it.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:05 - Aug 10 with 1650 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:01 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

He didn't release Martinez because of his abilities, it was because of a disagreement in style of play you know that.

As I said Flynn brought in some quality signings, I'm saying that Jackett joined at a relative high point.

I remember that period vividly, the club was at the most optimistic since probably the early 90's

Rubbish.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:08 - Aug 10 with 1638 viewsGaryjack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:45 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Do you remember how we signed players that summer?

We organised a kick about and signed whoever had a decent match. Our squad was lacking beyond words, it was a miracle we survived.

Context is everything.

True, context is everything. We were 45 mins away from going out of the football league!
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:09 - Aug 10 with 1633 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:08 - Aug 10 by Garyjack

True, context is everything. We were 45 mins away from going out of the football league!

Ok mate, ok.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:11 - Aug 10 with 1621 viewsPrivate_Partz

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:55 - Aug 10 by vetchonian

a Moot point Luadrups appointment was a turning point....a great Marque to have as a manager for little ol Swansea with him came cup success but also the dismantling of the so called "Swansea Way" as team principles were eroded with the introduction of cliques and non observance of previous practises....his sacking was more of a turning point as little HJ suddnely flet big in that he could remove such a legend ....Monks "permenant" appointment also marked something significant...following Martinezs desertion and raping of the backroom Colin Pascoe and Alan Curtis were made to fixtures to new incoming managers to ensure continuity..this fell apart whrn Pascoe left with Brendan but the legend that was Laudrup still had to accept Curt on his team...BUT the so experienced Monk refused Curt and HJ allowed this so renaging on the so called continuity plan....we all know how things have gone since.
BUt to add Jacketts role was as important as the others ....who is to say Martinez would have got us out of Lg2? and as is said Jacket missed out o back to back promotions on penalties! HIs football may not have been pretty to watch at times but it was effective!

I disagree that ML dismantled the Swansea Way. He complimented it making us faster and more aggressive in the process. The speeded up MOTD sequences of passing all came about under his watch.
True the cliques developed. Almost inevitable with new players and it isn't anything new to Swansea City.
Little Huw starts to think he was Billy Big Balls and one of his first mistakes was to back the wrong clique and failing to support the manager he appointed.
Agree with all the rest.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:12 - Aug 10 with 1621 viewsmonmouth

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:03 - Aug 10 by Swans777

A question for you all.

A question for you. If Martinez hadn't slung his hook to Wiggo, would the Swans be in the Premier League now?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:13 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:12 - Aug 10 by monmouth

A question for you. If Martinez hadn't slung his hook to Wiggo, would the Swans be in the Premier League now?

lol

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:13 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewsSwans777

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:12 - Aug 10 by monmouth

Yes.
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:47 - Aug 10 with 1585 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 15:50 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

I don't see them as periods of time that were lost just forgettable.

I believe Flynn would have got us promoted, any manager worth their salt would have got that team promoted and I strongly disagree regarding the football under Jackett. It was for the most part dire.

Sousa is soo overrated with some, this Martinez myth that has developed is just that a myth. If you talk to the likes of Brendan Rodgers they would laud his achievements here. We had great foundations to work with, people still have a hissy fit over this period because they treat Martinez like an ex Mrs. It's largely pathetic.

You believe Flynn would have got is promoted. He was sacked the season after he kept us up.

Sousa is so over rated? So you don't think losing 40 goals from the season before and having Gonzo bringing in Beattie et al. and fortunately failing to bring Bayo in wasn't an achievement.

Martinez did a very good job but as shown now, without doubt the best manager to me was Brendan. Look at what he did with that squad in the first year. He got a tune out of Luke Moore and Leroy Lita!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:48 - Aug 10 with 1582 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:13 - Aug 10 by Swans777

Yes.

Totally agree.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 1579 viewswaynekerr55

A question for you all.

Kenny Jackett quit. I spoke to Lyn Thomas shortly after the Oldham defeat and said it was the end and he told me that the board were happy for him to stay on, it was Kenny's decision.

Yet more JTAK rewriting of history...

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:51 - Aug 10 with 1574 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:13 - Aug 10 by Darran

lol

We nearly got in the playoffs under him, or did you forget that?

It's noticeable that we 'nearly' got promoted from L1 under Jackett but it's laughable Martinez would get us to the prem when he nearly did.

I find this revisionism laughable at times, I think the question should have been would Martinez have kept us in the prem? That I'm not so sure because of his kamikaze approach.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 17:53]

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 1566 viewsswancity

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:50 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Kenny Jackett quit. I spoke to Lyn Thomas shortly after the Oldham defeat and said it was the end and he told me that the board were happy for him to stay on, it was Kenny's decision.

Yet more JTAK rewriting of history...

No they weren't . He'd lost it. Things were falling apart. Poor run of results, terrible games to watch, a squad who wanted to play differently. He was shown the door and he walked through it thankfully. And what happened straight away when RM came in was the most remarkable immediate change in results and playing style.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 1565 viewsDr_Winston

I am quite amused by the belief that the only manager to have finished bottom of the entire football league not once but twice was at any point a cert to get us promoted.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 1564 viewsswancity

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:53 - Aug 10 by swancity

No they weren't . He'd lost it. Things were falling apart. Poor run of results, terrible games to watch, a squad who wanted to play differently. He was shown the door and he walked through it thankfully. And what happened straight away when RM came in was the most remarkable immediate change in results and playing style.

And who is Lynn Thomas btw

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 1563 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:51 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

It's noticeable that we 'nearly' got promoted from L1 under Jackett but it's laughable Martinez would get us to the prem when he nearly did.

I find this revisionism laughable at times, I think the question should have been would Martinez have kept us in the prem? That I'm not so sure because of his kamikaze approach.

Who did we get in the play offs with?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 1563 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 17:51 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Revisionism?

People are (have) being written out of our history.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024