Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" 05:16 - Aug 28 with 35612 viewsNirvana

A bit late on this as I've been busy with work, but Viera posted a rather "enigmatic message" on his instagram last week (first link):

http://www.udlaspalmas.net/2017/08/23/enigmatico-mensaje-de-jonathan-viera-en-in

http://www.marca.com/futbol/las-palmas/2017/08/24/599ec084268e3e2f228b456f.html

http://www.laprovincia.es/ud-las-palmas/2017/08/26/ud-palmas/972011.html

The image he posted shows an empty road with the following text:

"That we sometimes leave.
And not precisely because we want to do it.
We must. And do not say it's cowardly.
Very brave you have to be.
-Defreds-"

Hmmm, interesting. Even stranger, Viera and teammate David Simon posed like Neymar/Pique with the same infamous "se queda" (he stays) caption later that day. Pique has come out and said that he knew Neymar was leaving when he posted that. I wonder if that's happening here? This is teammate Bigas' take on it (from the second link):

"Jony looks happy, as usual. I think he's had offers but we know what he's like, he is a club man and a house-man, I have not seen anything strange, I see him as always. If it were for me, to stay here all my life."

The third link I provided refers to Viera's summer as a "soap opera" resulting from the "offensive of the Premier", and states that Viera has a "pending summit" with Las Palmas' president over his contract. That seems to have been the case for weeks now, so that is quite interesting too.

Taken altogether, I have no idea what the truth is. We'll all know in a few days, I guess. I hope it ends with Viera holding up our shirt.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 5:17]
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 14:39 - Oct 2 with 7645 viewsraynor94

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 13:39 - Oct 2 by magicdaps10

Bet you feel like a right twaat now!!!!

Nah, he won't, he's notorious on here for getting things wrong

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 14:46 - Oct 2 with 7635 viewsspiderboy

What happened to Nirvana?
Is he in a state of "enlightenment?
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 15:06 - Oct 2 with 7599 viewsHighjack

It's a shame we didn't sign this guy. He could have kept Mesa company on the bench while they both get used to English football. They would have learned a lot by watching clucas, Carroll and Fulton who are all used to English football allegedly.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 16:25 - Oct 2 with 7537 viewsMo_Wives

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 13:39 - Oct 2 by magicdaps10

Bet you feel like a right twaat now!!!!

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 17:08 - Oct 2 with 7493 viewshobo

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 14:39 - Oct 2 by raynor94

Nah, he won't, he's notorious on here for getting things wrong

Guess again, first time I've ever been wrong on here It's a token inclusion anyway, much in the way of Ol' Jay Bothroyd getting his England call up
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 17:13 - Oct 2 with 7487 viewsE20Jack

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 12:43 - Oct 2 by JackSomething

Don't really care about Viera, but when you're talking about how weak La Liga is behind the Big 3, Sevilla and their 3 Europa Leagues in a row (2014-2016) would like a word with you...

They can have a word with anyone they like, still doesn't mean they are better than the Premier League teams. They have a knack of doing well in that competition though and take it far more seriously than many do. Liverpool are probably our equivelant of Sevilla, and .i would back Liverpool every time to finish above Sevilla in a 38 match format.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 20:46 - Oct 2 with 7407 viewsJackSomething

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 17:13 - Oct 2 by E20Jack

They can have a word with anyone they like, still doesn't mean they are better than the Premier League teams. They have a knack of doing well in that competition though and take it far more seriously than many do. Liverpool are probably our equivelant of Sevilla, and .i would back Liverpool every time to finish above Sevilla in a 38 match format.

So Liverpool would finish above a team that p*ssed all over them in a 2016 cup final and were unlucky not to take all 3 points in the CL a few weeks ago?

Burnley are good enough in the PL to be sixth right now, they'd probably be in the relegation zone in La Liga. Of course, there's no way to prove that, just as there's no way to prove your assertions.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jonathan Viera's on 06:41 - Oct 14 with 7121 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 09:14 - Sep 14 by 34dfgdf54

No, Leroy Fer probably wouldn't with all due respect.

It's truly "laughable" to even bring Fer up in a discussion of Viera or creative attackers, and that's exactly why I did in the first place. Anyone trying to make a legitimate comparison is just their attempt at "box office hits" or the byproduct of some ridiculous obsession.

Fer is an acceptable squad player who occasionally scores the odd goal from scrappy set pieces, or by fouling Gary Cahill. Viera is a world-class creator and dribbler that can also finish a variety of ways, including from long-range. There's no comparison.

Just to prove that to anyone who hasn't seen Viera actually play, here's both of their stats since Fer came to Swansea:

Viera
74 games
- 18 goals / 16 assists
- 8/10 on penalties
- 2.5 key passes
- 2.2 shots
- 1.8 dribbles
- 2.6 times fouled
- 0.8 fouls
- 1.7 tackles
- 0.9 times dribbled past

Fer
52 games
- 6 goals / 5 assists
- 0.6 key passes
- 0.9 shots
- 1.1 dribbles
- 1.5 times fouled
- 1.4 fouls
- 1.8 tackles
- 1.0 times dribbled past

Like I said, no comparison.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonathan Viera's on 06:52 - Oct 14 with 7108 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's on 11:16 - Sep 14 by jack247

However he is doing at Las Palmas, he would have struggled in our side so far this season. Creative players need teammates to take a gamble and make intelligent runs for them to pick out. Tammys movement is very good and Ayew will always be unpredictable, but we haven't had enough of it so far. Bony and Sanches will be able to open up gaps, but they need people exploiting them.

As an aside, we may as well drop this Viera talk? At least until January?

Viera was and is exactly what we need, 247. That much should be obvious at this point.

As I and many others said this summer, bare minimum we needed to sign a quality creative attacker and RB, and a young, talented winger or two. I personally also advocated signing a veteran CB and keeping Llorente, especially if the best alternative was Bony. All of that still holds true, and reality doesn't look likely to change that anytime soon.

As to Viera struggling with us, I guess that could be true in theory, there are no certainties in football. But I can confidently say he would have been far more effective and influential than Sanches and Clucas have been, and that's not a bold claim to make. We spent at least £21m on those two, and we could have had Viera for a few more. And, oh yeah, Sanches goes back to Munich for nothing at the end of the season.

Viera can find runners with throughballs and flicks, he can play one-touch and link up, he can take on multiple defenders, he can shoot from distance, he can finish precisely, he can take quality corners and free kicks, etc. His quality and technique would certainly have improved our XI, and his skills pair well with Bony/Abraham.

We should've signed the guy this summer. I don't think Viera's signed that extension yet, though, so maybe January? Doubtful with Jenkins still at the helm, the cheap non-Jack bastard he is.
Jonathan Viera's on 07:04 - Oct 14 with 7088 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 17:08 - Oct 2 by hobo

Guess again, first time I've ever been wrong on here It's a token inclusion anyway, much in the way of Ol' Jay Bothroyd getting his England call up

Ridiculously wrong again, Hobo, as usual when it comes to Viera and this thread, especially.

- started
- played 90 minutes
- composed, efficient, positive
- should have had two or three assists
- couple wicked shots from distance

Seriously, just stop posting about the guy. You seem a nice enough fella, but your bbullsshitt about Viera makes you look an absolute clown.

I hope that humble pie has made you see the light on this topic, for your own sake.
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 07:13 - Oct 14 with 7079 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 14:46 - Oct 2 by spiderboy

Life, mi amigo.

Some things are more important than an online forum.

Well, almost everything.

But yes, enlightenment will work.
Jonathan Viera's on 07:22 - Oct 14 with 7067 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 20:46 - Oct 2 by JackSomething

So Liverpool would finish above a team that p*ssed all over them in a 2016 cup final and were unlucky not to take all 3 points in the CL a few weeks ago?

Burnley are good enough in the PL to be sixth right now, they'd probably be in the relegation zone in La Liga. Of course, there's no way to prove that, just as there's no way to prove your assertions.

La Liga is the best league in the world, Something, as you've alluded to, and it isn't just the top 3.

The PL is entertaining, sure, and the stadiums are always full. But Spain is where real football takes place, and every player worth his salt knows that.

Spain has far more talent, better coaching and scouting, and they play football as it should be played. The PL, on the other hand, has the global exposure and A LOT of money.

Any true football fan understands this. Of course, the trolls on here aren't fans of football, just online trolling and posing. Well done calling it out.
Jonathan Viera's on 12:17 - Oct 14 with 6984 viewsE20Jack

Jonathan Viera's on 06:41 - Oct 14 by Nirvana

It's truly "laughable" to even bring Fer up in a discussion of Viera or creative attackers, and that's exactly why I did in the first place. Anyone trying to make a legitimate comparison is just their attempt at "box office hits" or the byproduct of some ridiculous obsession.

Fer is an acceptable squad player who occasionally scores the odd goal from scrappy set pieces, or by fouling Gary Cahill. Viera is a world-class creator and dribbler that can also finish a variety of ways, including from long-range. There's no comparison.

Just to prove that to anyone who hasn't seen Viera actually play, here's both of their stats since Fer came to Swansea:

Viera
74 games
- 18 goals / 16 assists
- 8/10 on penalties
- 2.5 key passes
- 2.2 shots
- 1.8 dribbles
- 2.6 times fouled
- 0.8 fouls
- 1.7 tackles
- 0.9 times dribbled past

Fer
52 games
- 6 goals / 5 assists
- 0.6 key passes
- 0.9 shots
- 1.1 dribbles
- 1.5 times fouled
- 1.4 fouls
- 1.8 tackles
- 1.0 times dribbled past

Like I said, no comparison.

Its a different league you complete and utter melt.

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 12:19 - Oct 14 with 6978 viewsE20Jack

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 14:46 - Oct 2 by spiderboy

His parents turned his internet connection back on after being grounded for being such an embarassing lemon. They also thought his obsession with a Las Palmas player that we clearly decided not to sign (rightly so) was worthy of a severe grounding.

Jonathan Viera's on 07:54 - Oct 24 with 6786 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's on 12:17 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Its a different league you complete and utter melt.

Yeah, that explains the gulf in class.

Oh wait, it doesn't.

I'll fix it for you:

Viera is in a different league, you complete and utter melt.

"oh sorry, forgot to highlight the key defeat defining smiley.... "

Jonathan Viera's on 08:06 - Oct 24 with 6759 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 12:19 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

His parents turned his internet connection back on after being grounded for being such an embarassing lemon. They also thought his obsession with a Las Palmas player that we clearly decided not to sign (rightly so) was worthy of a severe grounding.

"Rightly so", huh?

Some numbers:

- 1 goal / 2 assists
- 1.9 shots
- 3.6 key passes
- 3.4 dribbles
- 63.2 passes / 85.4% accuracy
- 3.4 times fouled
- 1.9 tackles

That's Viera this season, EXACTLY what we're missing and should've signed this summer. An absolute bargain for £26m. Especially considering we basically spent that on Clucas/Sanches anyway, and Sanches will be in Munich come June.

Remember when you said Sanches would possibly get us £100m?
Or that Clucas had "bags and bags of re-sale value"?
Or that Llorente had to go and Bony was every bit the player he was and possibly more?
Or how you got exactly what you wanted this summer and the club was clearly listening to you?

Damn you're great to have around here, Dimi. You are the King of Idiocy, your throne awaits you.
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 11:39 - Oct 24 with 6660 viewsdameedna

26 was the value cut off line. With no grasp of real value.
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 01:12 - Oct 29 with 6495 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 11:39 - Oct 24 by dameedna

26 was the value cut off line. With no grasp of real value.

Agreed, our decisionmaking at the top has been atrocious, Dameedna.

Funny that the few Viera haters have gone awfully quiet, wonder why?

Lines up perfectly with all the Sanches-creamers going quiet too. I wonder why, as well?

Called all of this exactly as it's played out, we should've signed Viera when it was a real possibility and we had the money.

That is over, maybe now we move on to Adem Ljajic? I suspect he'll be "too expensive" also.

The cheapskates that run the club should be ashamed of themselves.
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 01:34 - Oct 29 with 6482 viewsdameedna

Not sure on the cheapskate. Clucas Mesa and Sanches are costly. Sanches is playing the way he played for Bayern. Only watched his clips when the rumours started and was hoping for more.

Viera would have been a great signing to replace Siggy. Maybe Sanches can do it but signing Mesa and openly crticising him as a newcomer is unusual. Cant imagine Viera being impressed with that.

Encouraging signs this weekend but we are a little one dimensional. Add some real quality at striker, wing and AM and we will improve.

We need another Michu or DeGuzman.

Abraham looks like he is going to save us this year and have to really hope that Ayew does not get injured.

Good finish by Clucas though as with everyone was a bit surprised we soent so heavily there but finding the net and link play by Abraham was impressive.

The JV saga is over and best forgotten.
Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 02:01 - Oct 29 with 6474 viewsTheResurrection

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 01:12 - Oct 29 by Nirvana

Lines up perfectly with all the Sanches-creamers going quiet too. I wonder why, as well?

Called all of this exactly as it's played out, we should've signed Viera when it was a real possibility and we had the money.

That is over, maybe now we move on to Adem Ljajic? I suspect he'll be "too expensive" also.

And the Mesa creamers??

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jonathan Viera's on 11:30 - Oct 29 with 6331 viewsE20Jack

Jonathan Viera's on 08:06 - Oct 24 by Nirvana

"Rightly so", huh?

Some numbers:

- 1 goal / 2 assists
- 1.9 shots
- 3.6 key passes
- 3.4 dribbles
- 63.2 passes / 85.4% accuracy
- 3.4 times fouled
- 1.9 tackles

That's Viera this season, EXACTLY what we're missing and should've signed this summer. An absolute bargain for £26m. Especially considering we basically spent that on Clucas/Sanches anyway, and Sanches will be in Munich come June.

Remember when you said Sanches would possibly get us £100m?
Or that Clucas had "bags and bags of re-sale value"?
Or that Llorente had to go and Bony was every bit the player he was and possibly more?
Or how you got exactly what you wanted this summer and the club was clearly listening to you?

Damn you're great to have around here, Dimi. You are the King of Idiocy, your throne awaits you.

Absolutely rightly so. You fail to grasp the fact they are differing leagues. Would you like to show me Mesa's stats from that league and then his stats for the one he was signed to play in?

Cheers.

1) Yes I said Sanches could possibly go for £100m. If you also dont think thats a possibility then you are even more deluded than you appear. He is 20 years old with bags of potential. Whether he reaches it is another thing, if so then every chance.

Yes I said Clucas has bags of resale value. Ask me again and will tell you exactly the same. Because he does.

Yes I said Llorente had to go. In fact said it last night a few times on here. Why? Because he quite obviously did.

No, you made up the bit about Bony, i had no idea what state he was in, like everyone else. But you do like making things up to make your points look slightly less ridiculous. If thats even possible.

You have been found out. Get a new username.

Jonathan Viera's on 11:34 - Oct 29 with 6314 viewsE20Jack

Jonathan Viera's "Enigmatic Message" on 01:12 - Oct 29 by Nirvana

Nobody hates Viera. Not that I am aware of anyway. Just people making the obvious observation that paying £26m for a single 28 y/o midfielder that plays in an easier league who is far worse than other players going for similar amounts was sheer madness - and the ramblings of someone who clearly does not understand football or indeed our situation. There is a difference.

The subject has gone quiet because this is a Swansea City message board, not a Las Palmas one. I have no idea why you have an obsession with talking about other clubs players.

You called nothing. We should never have signed Viera, which was why we never did.

Not to mention Renato ffffuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkkinnnng Sanches.

Not to mention our friends "enigmatic message".

Not to mention how good Mesa was and our "skinny kid up front".

I thought you had gone into hiding as to how this season played out. But no, you clearly have more than one screw loose.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 12:20]

Jonathan Viera's on 13:31 - Oct 29 with 6237 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's on 11:30 - Oct 29 by E20Jack

Absolutely rightly so. You fail to grasp the fact they are differing leagues. Would you like to show me Mesa's stats from that league and then his stats for the one he was signed to play in?

Cheers.

1) Yes I said Sanches could possibly go for £100m. If you also dont think thats a possibility then you are even more deluded than you appear. He is 20 years old with bags of potential. Whether he reaches it is another thing, if so then every chance.

Yes I said Clucas has bags of resale value. Ask me again and will tell you exactly the same. Because he does.

Yes I said Llorente had to go. In fact said it last night a few times on here. Why? Because he quite obviously did.

No, you made up the bit about Bony, i had no idea what state he was in, like everyone else. But you do like making things up to make your points look slightly less ridiculous. If thats even possible.

You have been found out. Get a new username.

Oh, poor Dimi. Same combination of crazy, obsession, and factually incorrect, as always.

Whether Sanches will hypothetically, one day, possibly be worth £100m for some club isn't relevant, as you and your only buddy, little res, like to say. You were creaming yourself, probably literally, for days, obsessed post after obsessed post, at the thought of US getting £100m for him, specifically. That is one of the most idiotic statements ever uttered on this forum, without doubt, Dimi. And you've made quite a few, so congratulations.

And as for "Renato ffukkingg Sanches" that you and little res cling to, complete with smileys like a couple teenage girls who just discovered Snapchat, I was spot on there, as well. I said he'd never come here permanently, and he didn't. You, on the other hand, stated he would be coming to us "on a LOAN with an option to BUY, clearly". Again, you couldn't have been more wrong. "Renato ffukkingg Sanches indeed".

Based on all evidence, if we were to sell Clucas we'd be lucky to get back what we paid. No re-sale value, much less "bags and bags" as you said so passionately. Anyone with a brain knows we paid well over market value for him, including everyone on here and every Hull supporter. You're adrift at sea on that one, as usual.

As I stated many times this summer, we should've kept Llorente for his guaranteed quality, especially if the alternative was Bony. I highlighted Bony's inability to stay on the pitch as the main reason why. How's that turned out? Meanwhile, Llorente started in Madrid for one of the top teams in the PL. Wonderful deal for us, yeah? And there's still not a shred of evidence Llorente refused an extension or would have. None. Just more sshitt you "make up to make your points look slightly less ridiculous."
Jonathan Viera's on 13:36 - Oct 29 with 6230 viewsNirvana

Jonathan Viera's on 11:34 - Oct 29 by E20Jack

Nobody hates Viera. Not that I am aware of anyway. Just people making the obvious observation that paying £26m for a single 28 y/o midfielder that plays in an easier league who is far worse than other players going for similar amounts was sheer madness - and the ramblings of someone who clearly does not understand football or indeed our situation. There is a difference.

The subject has gone quiet because this is a Swansea City message board, not a Las Palmas one. I have no idea why you have an obsession with talking about other clubs players.

You called nothing. We should never have signed Viera, which was why we never did.

Not to mention Renato ffffuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkkinnnng Sanches.

Not to mention our friends "enigmatic message".

Not to mention how good Mesa was and our "skinny kid up front".

I thought you had gone into hiding as to how this season played out. But no, you clearly have more than one screw loose.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 12:20]

Viera is quality, everyone who "understands football" knows this, DimDims. Called up to Spain, started, and played extremely well in the #10 shirt sums it up. Clearly you don't, because you've never kicked a ball in your life. Too busy playing "Risk" and being a nerd sat inside all day, and posting obsessively on here under various usernames over many years. "6 screens" FFS, nerd.

And yes, I've been "found out" as having been spot on about everything since I started posting, so thanks for the shoutout. As for switching usernames, I quite like mine, that's why I chose it. But just maybe I'll try out "EastenderJack" or "Agent Dimi" unless those are already taken. Oh, wait...

Off you go, Dimi (or is it Adam?) presumably to tighten that "loose screw" that's been nagging you. You'll need a screwdriver for that, "finance" geek. "I win", as you like to say.
Jonathan Viera's on 13:46 - Oct 29 with 6221 viewsjack247

Jonathan Viera's on 13:31 - Oct 29 by Nirvana

Oh, poor Dimi. Same combination of crazy, obsession, and factually incorrect, as always.

Whether Sanches will hypothetically, one day, possibly be worth £100m for some club isn't relevant, as you and your only buddy, little res, like to say. You were creaming yourself, probably literally, for days, obsessed post after obsessed post, at the thought of US getting £100m for him, specifically. That is one of the most idiotic statements ever uttered on this forum, without doubt, Dimi. And you've made quite a few, so congratulations.

And as for "Renato ffukkingg Sanches" that you and little res cling to, complete with smileys like a couple teenage girls who just discovered Snapchat, I was spot on there, as well. I said he'd never come here permanently, and he didn't. You, on the other hand, stated he would be coming to us "on a LOAN with an option to BUY, clearly". Again, you couldn't have been more wrong. "Renato ffukkingg Sanches indeed".

Based on all evidence, if we were to sell Clucas we'd be lucky to get back what we paid. No re-sale value, much less "bags and bags" as you said so passionately. Anyone with a brain knows we paid well over market value for him, including everyone on here and every Hull supporter. You're adrift at sea on that one, as usual.

As I stated many times this summer, we should've kept Llorente for his guaranteed quality, especially if the alternative was Bony. I highlighted Bony's inability to stay on the pitch as the main reason why. How's that turned out? Meanwhile, Llorente started in Madrid for one of the top teams in the PL. Wonderful deal for us, yeah? And there's still not a shred of evidence Llorente refused an extension or would have. None. Just more sshitt you "make up to make your points look slightly less ridiculous."

Don’t really want to gatecrash this private party and I do agree with some of your points on it, but Llorente had his head turned by Chelsea in January and dropped a few little ‘come and get me’s’ in the summer. The most notable being (paraphrased) ‘I didn’t leave in January because there was a cause to fight for’. You don’t have to read far between the lines to realise what he was really saying was he was now open to a move.

There may not be any hard evidence, but it’s pretty obvious he would have walked this summer had we not sold him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024