Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? 17:52 - Sep 24 with 4245 viewsfrancos16

I had the privilege to sit with three former Swansea City players yesterday afternoon before , during and after the game . Between them they have over 750 league appearances the vast majority of which were for the Swans . They are all avid Swans fans . Their look of disbelief when being informed of the side selected will long remain in my memory. To a person they immediately remarked that the side would have no width, could not rationalise why Abraham was on the bench given this was a game that Swans would target as one of the six or seven teams where maximum points could be secured at home and furthermore pointed out that the proposed formation would invite Watford onto the home side . Unsurprisingly they were correct on all three counts.They further remarked that the Manager would have had a full working week to consider the right personnel and formation against how Watford would set up . For those who were at the game it was obvious almost from the start but certainly by 15 minutes into the game that the Managers planning was woefully wide of the mark , the Swans were completely out gunned in all facets of play where Watford totally dominated. It was a matter of extreme good fortune that it was only one goal that divided the teams. It then took the Manager a full 45 minutes to rectify what virtually everyone else in the ground already knew . Rewind to Newcastle /Man United home just for this season alone ( never mind last season) and a worrying lack of tactical appreciation appears to be evident . The question which needs to be addressed is whether PC really has the essential tools to make a successful number 1 at a Club such as ours ?
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 17:55 - Sep 24 with 4223 viewsBloodyhills

I am beginning to question whether he has the ability. Time will tell and if he doesn't get a grip and show something soon it won't be a long time.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 17:57 - Sep 24 with 4199 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can I just remind you how many points his team achieved in the second half of last season?
He is too cautious at the moment with a very different team, as he was when he first took over last season.
Will he learn his lesson, that he should have last season or not is the big question?
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 17:59 - Sep 24 with 4192 viewsGeoffThom

Well I can tell you that I've never played professional footballers and neither have the overwhelming majority of supporters following the club .but nearly everyone to a man knew exactly what the ex players did before the game yesterday and other games ,so yes I'm worried about clement
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 18:01 - Sep 24 with 4174 viewsthenorthbankbog

I've questioned Clement and his negative tactics since West Ham away last season.
I keep seeing posts that he'll learn from it, he won't do it again etc. What he is doing is exactly what got him the sack at Derby so if being sacked doesn't teach him what will?
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 23:54 - Sep 24 with 3910 viewsDavillin

This is an opinion.

It looks to me like Clement has fallen into the "Garry Monk Syndrome" effect. Newly-tapped manager has lucky game or two by changing things around, and begins to read the media's breathless bosom-heaving coronations of him as the newest football genius, so he goes off sweeping all before himself with his newly-"acquired" brilliance.

I don't think it's the Boob Bradley effect of floundering around not knowing what's happening to him and how to fix it.

Clement needs to bring himself back down to earth and stop trying new shït with players new to the Premier League and to Swansea City and to the rest of his teammates.

Another "rookie error."

[p.s. Look at the back four, which has changed so far this season only by exigent circumstances not within his control -- and they are his shining stars.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 00:51 - Sep 25 with 3820 viewsJackFish

It’s a fair point about the lack of width, but...who do we have in the current squad who can play there? We got rid of Barrow and Montero but didn’t bother with any replacements. Routs isn’t good for this level any more, Narsingh is awful and who knows what Dyer is going to be able to offer us after being out for a while. Really bizarre that we didn’t use any of the money coming in this summer to sign any wingers or attacking midfielders.
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 07:14 - Sep 25 with 3664 viewsawayjack

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 00:51 - Sep 25 by JackFish

It’s a fair point about the lack of width, but...who do we have in the current squad who can play there? We got rid of Barrow and Montero but didn’t bother with any replacements. Routs isn’t good for this level any more, Narsingh is awful and who knows what Dyer is going to be able to offer us after being out for a while. Really bizarre that we didn’t use any of the money coming in this summer to sign any wingers or attacking midfielders.

Majority of fans recognised need for AM and some pace at on wing / wing-back in window. We opted for more slow midfielders. When our ultra defensive diamond doesn't work PC doesn't seem to have a plan B but without pace or creativity we don't have pace / skill for any set-up. I think plan is to defend and hope Mawson and co don't continue to make so many errors.
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 08:23 - Sep 25 with 3516 viewsPrivate_Partz

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 07:14 - Sep 25 by awayjack

Majority of fans recognised need for AM and some pace at on wing / wing-back in window. We opted for more slow midfielders. When our ultra defensive diamond doesn't work PC doesn't seem to have a plan B but without pace or creativity we don't have pace / skill for any set-up. I think plan is to defend and hope Mawson and co don't continue to make so many errors.

I think we are ok when we sit back and defend in away matches. Our limitations come to the fore and our pockets get picked at home when we try to get something out of the game.
Clem might not be up to the cause but let's us not forget this was a very late transfer window and he is trying to sort this lot out in real time. Surely ensuring the defence is functioning in the first instance?
It could be that the players signed, once they settle in, will produce free flowing football down the centre with a solid defence behind them. It could be this window is a disaster and not only was it late but the players are not suitable for the game the mamanger wants to play.
I am starting to get worried but the jury is still out for me. Clem could be up to the task but let's not forget whose dithering incompetence has caused this clusterfeck.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 08:39 - Sep 25 with 3480 viewsmajorraglan

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 08:23 - Sep 25 by Private_Partz

I think we are ok when we sit back and defend in away matches. Our limitations come to the fore and our pockets get picked at home when we try to get something out of the game.
Clem might not be up to the cause but let's us not forget this was a very late transfer window and he is trying to sort this lot out in real time. Surely ensuring the defence is functioning in the first instance?
It could be that the players signed, once they settle in, will produce free flowing football down the centre with a solid defence behind them. It could be this window is a disaster and not only was it late but the players are not suitable for the game the mamanger wants to play.
I am starting to get worried but the jury is still out for me. Clem could be up to the task but let's not forget whose dithering incompetence has caused this clusterfeck.

It is early days, but my feelings are that the transfer window was disappointing and a number of key areas were not reinforced. The attacking side of the team is weak. It may be that the moves for players didn't come off, but leaving things until the end of the window is risky. The board might be saving some money for the January window, but by then it could be too late. The team is averaging .833 points a game, which is 31/32 points over the course of a season and clearly relegation form.
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 08:47 - Sep 25 with 3459 viewsMo_Wives

When I saw the line up, I thought "PC's gone mad"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 09:09 - Sep 25 with 3389 viewsYossarian

I have to admit that the Watford game has put doubts in my head that he's the right man for us.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 09:17 - Sep 25 with 3366 viewsMo_Wives

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 09:09 - Sep 25 by Yossarian

I have to admit that the Watford game has put doubts in my head that he's the right man for us.

I agree, Yoss. I'm waiting to see how he reacts to Mesa. I suspect away from home he will go 5 at the back with Clucas as a safe option (I would go with Mesa) but if next home game he goes with Clucas instead of Mesa, it'll tell me all I need to know.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 09:24 - Sep 25 with 3353 viewsjohnlangy

At the moment that was the right formation for away games where the other team has to come at us. It's the wrong formation at home where we have to be more adventurous.

Against the other 12 or so teams we'd look to get points off at home 5 at the back is simply wrong unless enforced by injuries. I'll happily concede that point when Man City and a few others come to town but not the likes of Watford.
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 3257 viewswhoflungdung

Quite simply,if Mesa does not start ,then we know we really do have problems with Clem

I don't want him to go particularly unless someone comes in and manages our club,really manages not just coaches

Jenkins has to go before anyone and anything else as he is killing this club

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:09 - Sep 25 with 3246 viewsmax936

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:05 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

Quite simply,if Mesa does not start ,then we know we really do have problems with Clem

I don't want him to go particularly unless someone comes in and manages our club,really manages not just coaches

Jenkins has to go before anyone and anything else as he is killing this club

Has go and the rest of them and their hangers on with him..

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 3233 viewswhoflungdung

Not bothered Steve about those who ate not so obviously concerned in us signing dross and frittering away good profit

There is no need for us to be in this position whatsoever

It's not the selling out but the sheer incompetence of Jenkins and the pitiful cadre of cocks that surround him

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:15 - Sep 25 with 3223 viewsDarran

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:09 - Sep 25 by max936

Has go and the rest of them and their hangers on with him..

Don't worry Max there's a fella coming down from the Wirral for the Huddersfield game and Jenkins will finally be getting sorted. Oh and he family are going to be sorted too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:18 - Sep 25 with 3214 viewsmax936

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:12 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

Not bothered Steve about those who ate not so obviously concerned in us signing dross and frittering away good profit

It's not the selling out but the sheer incompetence of Jenkins and the pitiful cadre of cocks that surround him

They're all out of the same Vipers nest Rich..

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 11:00 - Sep 25 with 3132 viewsZZoric

this is one half of the saturday story

what were the ex-pros saying about the transformation in the 2nd half - crowd coercion; PC got lucky; PC light bulb moment ?

do they believe he has the essential tools ?
How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 12:18 - Sep 25 with 3015 viewsmonmouth

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 09:24 - Sep 25 by johnlangy

At the moment that was the right formation for away games where the other team has to come at us. It's the wrong formation at home where we have to be more adventurous.

Against the other 12 or so teams we'd look to get points off at home 5 at the back is simply wrong unless enforced by injuries. I'll happily concede that point when Man City and a few others come to town but not the likes of Watford.

That team, playing like that, would have been smashed by Man City, five at the back or not. Watford were just walking through the midfield and successfully overloading the flanks without breaking sweat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 14:48 - Sep 25 with 2842 viewstheloneranger

How can PC get it so wrong so often ? on 10:12 - Sep 25 by whoflungdung

Interesting to see PC on Football Focus on Saturday talking about trying to sign Chalobah on loan from Chelsea, but this fell through when Tammy signed.

He said the Swans didn't ask about a permanent transfer because of how highly Conte rated him, and that he was totally gobsmacked when told of Watford signing him for £5m.

Conte stopped him going out on loan last season because he was so close to the first team, and is another player like Matic who Conte wanted to keep.

Another case of poor judgement by our DoF??....Hasn't Jenkins heard about Leeds, Fergie and Cantona??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024