Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New store going in old BHS shop. 13:35 - Nov 8 with 20865 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone know what shop is going in to the old BHS shop in Swansea?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New store going in old BHS shop. on 18:23 - Nov 8 with 6624 viewsChippy69

New store going in old BHS shop. on 18:18 - Nov 8 by jack2jack

Yes it was Chip!😉

Thought it was all I can remember is the black metal staircase.
oh and it was dark

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

New store going in old BHS shop. on 18:27 - Nov 8 with 6606 viewsjack2jack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 18:23 - Nov 8 by Chippy69

Thought it was all I can remember is the black metal staircase.
oh and it was dark

The drink wouldn't help mind either
New store going in old BHS shop. on 19:32 - Nov 8 with 6537 viewsJango

I was told a few weeks back that a company called Fort had taken over the BHS. They have a number of shopping centres around the country including Birmingham and Manchester.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:10 - Nov 8 with 6501 viewsFlashberryjack

I heard it's to be a Mosque and Islamic Education center.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:17 - Nov 8 with 6487 viewswhoflungdung

Bloody hell

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

New store going in old BHS shop. on 21:18 - Nov 8 with 6408 viewsLeonWasGod

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:59 - Nov 8 by whoflungdung

Fair play tax man ,that s as ludicrous as anything conjured up by Perch

Just what is there in shopping terms to attract shoppers to Swansea rather than Cardiff .

Swans shop innit. Kingsley's shirt down to a tenner 👍
New store going in old BHS shop. on 21:33 - Nov 8 with 6388 viewsunion_jack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:59 - Nov 8 by whoflungdung

Fair play tax man ,that s as ludicrous as anything conjured up by Perch

Just what is there in shopping terms to attract shoppers to Swansea rather than Cardiff .

Fair play, you never, ever quote people on your replies.

But the one time you do, you quote the wrong person.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

New store going in old BHS shop. on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 6332 viewswhoflungdung

More to it than meets the eye ,union

Login to get fewer ads

New store going in old BHS shop. on 22:56 - Nov 8 with 6290 viewslifelong

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:06 - Nov 8 by exhmrc1

I agree totally with your fist paragraph.

However you are totally wrong with your second. People are coming in from elsewhere now. There are coaches coming in often parked alongside Tesco's or in the car park next to the Leisure Centre. I know people coming in from places like Lampeter. I know of a couple from Aberdare who prefer to come shopping in Swansea rather than Cardiff.

If you were to stay by the station you would notice people coming in by train and just to prove a point the buses in the mornings are full coming down the Swansea Valley and places like Ammanford. The Park and rides are well used. As you don't visit here unfortunately you are not in a position to see this but prefer to comment with inaccurate information

A positive poster about our great City, what a pleasant change.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 22:59 - Nov 8 with 6284 viewswhoflungdung

Yeah,good to see a positive

BHS was a lovely store ,as was David Evans, Lewis Lewis, Littlewoods ,Sidney Heath ,even folkn macowards

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:06 - Nov 8 with 6279 viewsMrSwansea

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:06 - Nov 8 by exhmrc1

I agree totally with your fist paragraph.

However you are totally wrong with your second. People are coming in from elsewhere now. There are coaches coming in often parked alongside Tesco's or in the car park next to the Leisure Centre. I know people coming in from places like Lampeter. I know of a couple from Aberdare who prefer to come shopping in Swansea rather than Cardiff.

If you were to stay by the station you would notice people coming in by train and just to prove a point the buses in the mornings are full coming down the Swansea Valley and places like Ammanford. The Park and rides are well used. As you don't visit here unfortunately you are not in a position to see this but prefer to comment with inaccurate information

If so many people are flocking to Swansea city centre, why have so many stores coed in the last 20 years?

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:08 - Nov 8 with 6277 viewswhoflungdung

Friendliness of the people does not refer to this site obviously

Compact. Now there a a word to misuse

Crack on though Carwyn

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:14 - Nov 8 with 6262 viewsDarran

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:06 - Nov 8 by MrSwansea

If so many people are flocking to Swansea city centre, why have so many stores coed in the last 20 years?

Online shopping has got a lot to do with it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:18 - Nov 8 with 6256 viewsSwanjaxs

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:06 - Nov 8 by MrSwansea

I blame Kevin ..

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:34 - Nov 8 with 6230 viewsDarran

New store going in old BHS shop. on 23:18 - Nov 8 by Swanjaxs

I blame Kevin ..

New store going in old BHS shop. on 06:55 - Nov 9 with 6144 viewsexhmrc1

Firstly many closed because they went bust nationally. Littlewoods, C&A, BHS are all examples of this.
Many stores have moved to out of town retail centres. Examples being TK Maxx and Mothercare.
Warehouses like JT Morgan closed due to lack of trade as the old stores using them closed as they were replaced by National Shops using central ordering systems.
When Dung lived in Swansea and worked in his supermarket it was a small one compared to the giants of today. It sold food whereas the likes of Tesco and Asda are selling clothes and electrical goods.
What you don't mention is the shops that have come in over this period. Slaters Menswear, Zara, H&M, Animal, Superdry and River Island being examples.
There has been a huge change in Swansea in the last 5 years let alone 20 and maybe people should start seeing things as they are and not living in their time warp.
Do we really want to go back to seeing the Swans fighting to staying in the football league. This was years ago and things have got better since just like the way the city centre has improved recently.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 07:40 - Nov 9 with 6108 viewsexhmrc1

it seems you totally have forgotten the reasons BHS and Littlewoods are no longer there.
Fyi both parent companies ceased trading nationally as they went into liquidation. This has as much to with Liverpool and Cardiff. Nothing. In fact, the management and staff tried to buy the Swansea store of BHS as they felt they could run it profitably but failed in their attempts to do so.
As far as Lewis Lewis and Sydney Heath are concerned these were donkeys years ago. Possibly before you left to find your rose tinted glasses in Liverpool. I did not intend doing this but due to your continued slagging I show the derprivation stats on here
Towns in the North-west make up half of the worst affected.
According to the study, the 10 most deprived towns in England are:
Oldham (65.2 per cent of local areas in the most deprived 20 per cent)
West Bromwich (62.8 per cent)    
Liverpool (59.4 per cent)
New store going in old BHS shop. on 09:57 - Nov 9 with 6031 viewsjack_lord

I have seen an improvement in the city centre recently. I don't know what is going to happen with ex BHS but I would have thought that any keystone retailer would be looking at what is coming next in Swansea.
The city needs to be alive in the evening as well so the best mix would be something with new housing on the upper floors. Obviously, parking is a problem for any new residents.

Tkmaxx didn't want to move out of Oxford Street but the lease was very high and had come to an end. They got it right with the store they moved into on the Hayes. The unit they had on Queens street was awful. They needed a flagship store of this ilk in Swansea and when the old David evans was developed they should have seized the opportunity.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

New store going in old BHS shop. on 10:00 - Nov 9 with 6023 viewswhoflungdung

Ex tax man .
I'm not sure what you re seeing in Swansea but it's a good read .

Flocking to Swansea !

They used to

New store going in old BHS shop. on 12:28 - Nov 9 with 5934 viewsN_T_J

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:37 - Nov 8 by pencoedjack

You know someone from Aberdare who would prefer to shop in Swansea than Cardiff ?

For all my Bassey hatred I can’t imagine anyone making that choice unless of course they are either scruffy or dull.

New store going in old BHS shop. on 12:39 - Nov 9 with 5919 viewsAguycalledJack

Days Department Store have taken over the old BHS in Carmarthen. If they are to take over the BHS site in Swansea, this would be a good addition to the city centre.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:03 - Nov 9 with 5856 viewsexhmrc1

New store going in old BHS shop. on 10:00 - Nov 9 by whoflungdung

Ex tax man .
I'm not sure what you re seeing in Swansea but it's a good read .

Flocking to Swansea !

They used to

I have made the offer by pm to you to walk your around the city to see for yourself but so far you have not taken it up and instead go on about things years as they were years ago. Read Jack Lord's post he has seen changes for the better. The difference between us and you is that we visit the place and you don't. You prefer just to comment on as things were 10 or 20 years ago.
Even High Street which was a sh@thole years ago has improved. Granted it still needs further improvement but the Coastal led changes are a making it better than it was.
As I said to you people like Walkabout and Wetherspoons haven't spent large sums of money for nothing. Dennys would certainly have looked into the risks before making Swansea their first UK store. Smiggle is about to open on Whitewalls. Since August a Caribbean restaurant has opened on Castle Street, a Mexican on Princess Way and a Cuban on York Street. The Swans shop has just opened on Union Street. Krispy Kreme, Country Candles and a beauty salon have opened in the Quadrant. A number of people have moved into units around the top end of Princess Way and the Kingsway.
The old BHS store is currently undergoing a refit. We don't know what is going there but it certainly isn't a Mosque at least downstairs from the look of the shelving going up. This is in the last few months.
In recent years 2 new reataurants have opened opposite the old Sidney Heath building. A cinema, desert restaurant and a Boss bar have opened on Castle Street. Shops such as Yours and STA have opened on Whitewalls. The Dolphin hotel has reopened after years being closed.
The problem is you prefer not to see this for yourself instead making comments which are totally outdated.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:13 - Nov 9 with 5837 viewsDarran

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:03 - Nov 9 by exhmrc1

I have made the offer by pm to you to walk your around the city to see for yourself but so far you have not taken it up and instead go on about things years as they were years ago. Read Jack Lord's post he has seen changes for the better. The difference between us and you is that we visit the place and you don't. You prefer just to comment on as things were 10 or 20 years ago.
Even High Street which was a sh@thole years ago has improved. Granted it still needs further improvement but the Coastal led changes are a making it better than it was.
As I said to you people like Walkabout and Wetherspoons haven't spent large sums of money for nothing. Dennys would certainly have looked into the risks before making Swansea their first UK store. Smiggle is about to open on Whitewalls. Since August a Caribbean restaurant has opened on Castle Street, a Mexican on Princess Way and a Cuban on York Street. The Swans shop has just opened on Union Street. Krispy Kreme, Country Candles and a beauty salon have opened in the Quadrant. A number of people have moved into units around the top end of Princess Way and the Kingsway.
The old BHS store is currently undergoing a refit. We don't know what is going there but it certainly isn't a Mosque at least downstairs from the look of the shelving going up. This is in the last few months.
In recent years 2 new reataurants have opened opposite the old Sidney Heath building. A cinema, desert restaurant and a Boss bar have opened on Castle Street. Shops such as Yours and STA have opened on Whitewalls. The Dolphin hotel has reopened after years being closed.
The problem is you prefer not to see this for yourself instead making comments which are totally outdated.

That’s a fantastic post.

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:19 - Nov 9 with 5825 viewsDr_Winston

These are moving into BHS from what I've heard.

https://what-shop.co.uk/

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:27 - Nov 9 with 5814 viewsBLAZE

He's taken a battering here

Pleasantly surprised when I walked along Castle Street and Princess Way the other night. Plenty of people bustling around Castle Square. It wasn't the ghost town it's been in years gone by. Lots of new cafes and restaurants have popped up. Just hope they all get the business needed to survive and thrive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024