Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New store going in old BHS shop. 13:35 - Nov 8 with 20864 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone know what shop is going in to the old BHS shop in Swansea?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:41 - Nov 9 with 3490 viewsLandore_Jack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:19 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

These are moving into BHS from what I've heard.

https://what-shop.co.uk/

They were based in the old David Evans store.

#backtojack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 15:21 - Nov 9 with 3440 viewsexhmrc1

This appears very plausible. I noticed things like Calendars/decorations inside there today
New store going in old BHS shop. on 15:31 - Nov 9 with 3419 viewsexhmrc1

I realise we have had problems for years. It appears we are not the only ones.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/intimidating-unpleasant-unwelcoming
New store going in old BHS shop. on 16:37 - Nov 9 with 3369 viewsDr_Winston

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:41 - Nov 9 by Landore_Jack

They were based in the old David Evans store.

Knew I knew the name from somewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New store going in old BHS shop. on 19:11 - Nov 9 with 3287 viewsSPboy

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:03 - Nov 9 by exhmrc1

I have made the offer by pm to you to walk your around the city to see for yourself but so far you have not taken it up and instead go on about things years as they were years ago. Read Jack Lord's post he has seen changes for the better. The difference between us and you is that we visit the place and you don't. You prefer just to comment on as things were 10 or 20 years ago.
Even High Street which was a sh@thole years ago has improved. Granted it still needs further improvement but the Coastal led changes are a making it better than it was.
As I said to you people like Walkabout and Wetherspoons haven't spent large sums of money for nothing. Dennys would certainly have looked into the risks before making Swansea their first UK store. Smiggle is about to open on Whitewalls. Since August a Caribbean restaurant has opened on Castle Street, a Mexican on Princess Way and a Cuban on York Street. The Swans shop has just opened on Union Street. Krispy Kreme, Country Candles and a beauty salon have opened in the Quadrant. A number of people have moved into units around the top end of Princess Way and the Kingsway.
The old BHS store is currently undergoing a refit. We don't know what is going there but it certainly isn't a Mosque at least downstairs from the look of the shelving going up. This is in the last few months.
In recent years 2 new reataurants have opened opposite the old Sidney Heath building. A cinema, desert restaurant and a Boss bar have opened on Castle Street. Shops such as Yours and STA have opened on Whitewalls. The Dolphin hotel has reopened after years being closed.
The problem is you prefer not to see this for yourself instead making comments which are totally outdated.

You make it sound like a bustling centre like back in the late seventies. Do you think there is any chance of getting a nice city center green area ... something like Castle Gardens used to be before the current concrete arrangement?
New store going in old BHS shop. on 19:25 - Nov 9 with 3273 viewsexhmrc1

That is part of the CCS plan as is a green park style area on the Kingsway.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wind-street-could-end-up-13786436
New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:10 - Nov 9 with 3223 viewswhoflungdung

Plan

Could

Hope they come off
Meanwhile, what s happening with the Lagoon plan

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:19 - Nov 9 with 3207 viewsplasjack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:10 - Nov 9 by whoflungdung

Plan

Could

Hope they come off

Wind power is the best option, as the moon is moving further away from the Earth.
Login to get fewer ads

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:22 - Nov 9 with 3197 viewsexhmrc1

awaiting authority from your friends in the Tory party. So far they have failed to live up to their promises. Nothing unusual there just like electrification of the rail line to Swansea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33053003

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/swansea-bay-tidal-lagoon-mus

Surprise surprise another Tory trying to squirm out of agreements his party has made. Unfortunately the idiot has clearly forgotten his roots and is more interested in supporting his party in their hour of need.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:24 - Nov 9 with 3194 viewsRJC

I'm afraid it's bad news. I was outside the shop yesterday and inside I noticed a large number of boxes addressed to "WHAT" at a Cardiff address. "What", is a poor man's Hyper Value. I hope that they are there only for Christmas, but don't bank on it. They already have large units at Hirwaun and Aberdare.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:24 - Nov 9 with 3194 viewsjack2jack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 19:11 - Nov 9 by SPboy

You make it sound like a bustling centre like back in the late seventies. Do you think there is any chance of getting a nice city center green area ... something like Castle Gardens used to be before the current concrete arrangement?

This has been muted,don't know if it'll be a goer mind
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/32396/Transformation-plans-for-Swanseas-Castle
New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:33 - Nov 9 with 3171 viewsLandore_Jack

So much for a flagship store. Swansea is crying out for a House of Fraser or John Lewis.

#backtojack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:37 - Nov 9 with 3158 viewsplasjack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:33 - Nov 9 by Landore_Jack

So much for a flagship store. Swansea is crying out for a House of Fraser or John Lewis.

Cardiff get every thing in retail, but not what we have in football, well unless they get lucky.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:41 - Nov 9 with 3145 viewsjack2jack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:24 - Nov 9 by RJC

I'm afraid it's bad news. I was outside the shop yesterday and inside I noticed a large number of boxes addressed to "WHAT" at a Cardiff address. "What", is a poor man's Hyper Value. I hope that they are there only for Christmas, but don't bank on it. They already have large units at Hirwaun and Aberdare.

Oh well that's about of a let down,was hoping for something a little bit better if that's the case,got to be honest I've never heard of that chain, hope it's a bit better than it sounds,also better than an entry unit I suppose.The more stores that are encouraged to come into the city the better,but we need a bit of quality as well.
Things are moving along, but it needs to gather momentum.
The area around Juniper Place is looking tidy now,they've done a great job on that place.Hope the works on The Kingsway kick starts that area too.
New store going in old BHS shop. on 10:55 - Nov 10 with 3027 viewsJacTawe

New store going in old BHS shop. on 20:10 - Nov 9 by whoflungdung

Plan

Could

Hope they come off

The council are very keen for this to happen, it's the English government and Swansea boy Alun Cairns letting us down once again

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

New store going in old BHS shop. on 13:29 - Nov 10 with 2976 viewswhoflungdung

That s good.

This lagoon would make Swansea unique and could be a seminal move for other things

Some aren't keen on the idea

New store going in old BHS shop. on 13:49 - Nov 10 with 2961 viewsBLAZE

New store going in old BHS shop. on 13:29 - Nov 10 by whoflungdung

That s good.

This lagoon would make Swansea unique and could be a seminal move for other things

Some aren't keen on the idea

If the lagoon caused irreversible damage to Swansea Bay, one of our main selling points, will you backtrack on your support for it... like you did with the sale of the club to the Americans?
New store going in old BHS shop. on 13:52 - Nov 10 with 2951 viewswhoflungdung

If it proved it didn't would you have the grace to accept you ve been pretty obnoxious and sadly falling into line with those on here with agendas of their own

And quite wtf has our sale to do with this lagoon? Nothing .Its simply an excuse to bully me and you can feck right off

New store going in old BHS shop. on 13:55 - Nov 10 with 2942 viewsDarran

New store going in old BHS shop. on 13:52 - Nov 10 by whoflungdung

If it proved it didn't would you have the grace to accept you ve been pretty obnoxious and sadly falling into line with those on here with agendas of their own

And quite wtf has our sale to do with this lagoon? Nothing .Its simply an excuse to bully me and you can feck right off

Brilliant brilliant post.
The blokes a fuçking idiot James,can’t admit he’s wrong when he couldn’t be wronger.

He’s being bullied now too. Daft twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:05 - Nov 10 with 2931 viewswhoflungdung

Another thread ruined eh

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:20 - Nov 10 with 2844 viewsNeath_Jack

A boy that i grew up with is opening a store in there.

Done really well for himself fair play.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2017 17:26]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New store going in old BHS shop. on 17:25 - Nov 10 with 2841 viewsbyron

New store going in old BHS shop. on 16:12 - Nov 8 by pencoedjack

Unfortunately the only investment into Wales goes to Cardiff.

But hey ho Carwyn & his cronies will be voted in whatever they do.

Said like a true bluebird......

Benny

New store going in old BHS shop. on 18:17 - Nov 10 with 2811 viewsDr_Winston

New store going in old BHS shop. on 14:19 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

These are moving into BHS from what I've heard.

https://what-shop.co.uk/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/huge-new-homeware-store-set-13886

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New store going in old BHS shop. on 19:15 - Nov 10 with 2751 viewsBlasterJack

New store going in old BHS shop. on 18:17 - Nov 10 by Dr_Winston

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/huge-new-homeware-store-set-13886

Fcking tat then.
No wonder our city centre is dying on its arse.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

New store going in old BHS shop. on 19:32 - Nov 10 with 2732 viewsexhmrc1

Furniture and garden goods would be better for the city then more clothes or mobile phone shops. It will be very interesting to see how this works out. Certainly some of the wooden furniture on the website looks interesting. It will certainly add variety to what is already there.

The problem with the BHS store is it is too big for the standard shops and too small for a major store.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024