Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman stands down 11:02 - Nov 22 with 23404 viewsbiggar

Just had email saying new chairman has stood down.
New chairman stands down on 21:56 - Nov 22 with 1747 viewsexiledclaseboy

New chairman stands down on 21:52 - Nov 22 by Darran

Well they are going to need to be replaced in some capacity and my point still stands that nobody seems to be stepping forward.

But your point misses mine that your point is not a reason for the current incumbents to remain if they’re not eligible.

Poll: Tory leader

New chairman stands down on 21:58 - Nov 22 with 1740 viewsowainglyndwr

New chairman stands down on 11:17 - Nov 22 by Darran

I’m sorry but I still don’t get why so many seem intent on destroying the Trust but aren’t interested in destroying the people that sold the club to the Yanks.

Very strange to me and yes the Trust Have fuçked up and broken their own rules and if Will wasn’t eligible to be Trust Chairman because of those broken rules it’s tough shit.

Still don’t get it though.

Just a question not having a go .
Did the trust know of the Chinese billionaire's that wanted to buy the Swans and invest into rebuilding swansea city and bay areas.
The board must of had a big hand shake off the Yanks
New chairman stands down on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 1725 viewsMoscowJack

New chairman stands down on 21:58 - Nov 22 by owainglyndwr

Just a question not having a go .
Did the trust know of the Chinese billionaire's that wanted to buy the Swans and invest into rebuilding swansea city and bay areas.
The board must of had a big hand shake off the Yanks

Isn't he the one who turned out to be skint?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New chairman stands down on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 1718 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 21:56 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

But your point misses mine that your point is not a reason for the current incumbents to remain if they’re not eligible.

I absolutely agree,I see where you’re coming from now.

Yes if they’re not eligible they need to go though we will still need a group of people to oversee the money in the bank if a deal between the Yanks and the Trust does eventually happen etc.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New chairman stands down on 22:08 - Nov 22 with 1661 viewsBobby_Fischer

New chairman stands down on 21:56 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

From what Uxbridge posted earlier, I am guessing they have found away so that they are all now eligible.

Which also probably means that there is now no limit as to how long someone can serve on the board.

In my opinion, the limit should be reduced not increased.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

New chairman stands down on 22:10 - Nov 22 with 1636 viewsexiledclaseboy

New chairman stands down on 22:08 - Nov 22 by Bobby_Fischer

From what Uxbridge posted earlier, I am guessing they have found away so that they are all now eligible.

Which also probably means that there is now no limit as to how long someone can serve on the board.

In my opinion, the limit should be reduced not increased.

I agree on both counts. The reasoning behind bypassing the rules will be interesting to say the least.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 22:11]

New chairman stands down on 22:20 - Nov 22 with 1560 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 21:17 - Nov 22 by max936

They needed to be stronger in campaigning for the departure of the sellouts, also pushing us to vote for that ridiculous deal offered by the Yanks who are now trying to move the goalposts and yet there's some at the head of the trust that want to accept that, without putting it to another members vote.

Its been said many times that what the sellouts did should have been broadcast loud and long, there were plenty of us on here willing to stand outside the ground on match day/go round the pubs with Leaflets on what had gone on behind the Fans Trusts back why wasn't it done? never mind all this about wanting to build bridges, because bridges have not be built, that's obvious with the yanks now wanting to renegotiate the deal that they themselves put forward.

The mess was already born, I'm afraid.

There's lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and I mean all, myself included.

Sorry Max, have to pick up on part of that post.

To my knowledge based on the last meeting I attended, there's nobody on the Trust Board that's pushing to accept a lesser deal and certainly not without another vote.

Don't disagree with anything else though.
New chairman stands down on 22:23 - Nov 22 with 1548 viewsmax936

New chairman stands down on 21:29 - Nov 22 by Darran

Max I have absolutely nothing against what you’ve said there you’ll never believe how much I agree with you.
The thing is if there’s a lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and you mean all why the fuçk are they keeping on about it?

Like ECB said above who’s stepping forward?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:29]

Darran I'm not going to be clever on this thread of such importance, but you have to admit that you see things as black and white, yes there are amongst us that are losing the guts for the whole debacle, mainly its lashing out as we aren't able to bring change, I'm a tradesman who knows absolutely very very little about how things work in a boardroom and also how to speak in such places, call it a lack of nous as that would be spot on, I've strong views which you and others know, but getting those views over and influencing people to be of the same mind ain't gonna happen, its not about influence that's the wrong word, but putting a teams idea's together and producing a programme to push that forward into action isn't something I could achieve, foot soldering is another matter though, although with work and my family situation I'm not sure how much time I could give to it, matchdays excluded, even there I work one in three Saturdays.
There's lots of others in probably a similar position, but it doesn't mean they cannot voice an opinion and especially on a Football Forum.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

New chairman stands down on 22:25 - Nov 22 with 1538 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 22:20 - Nov 22 by MattG

To my knowledge based on the last meeting I attended, there's nobody on the Trust Board that's pushing to accept a lesser deal and certainly not without another vote.

Matt - please can you clarify who is on the Trust board and how long has each individual been on the board?
New chairman stands down on 22:26 - Nov 22 with 1535 viewsexiledclaseboy

New chairman stands down on 22:23 - Nov 22 by max936

Darran I'm not going to be clever on this thread of such importance, but you have to admit that you see things as black and white, yes there are amongst us that are losing the guts for the whole debacle, mainly its lashing out as we aren't able to bring change, I'm a tradesman who knows absolutely very very little about how things work in a boardroom and also how to speak in such places, call it a lack of nous as that would be spot on, I've strong views which you and others know, but getting those views over and influencing people to be of the same mind ain't gonna happen, its not about influence that's the wrong word, but putting a teams idea's together and producing a programme to push that forward into action isn't something I could achieve, foot soldering is another matter though, although with work and my family situation I'm not sure how much time I could give to it, matchdays excluded, even there I work one in three Saturdays.
There's lots of others in probably a similar position, but it doesn't mean they cannot voice an opinion and especially on a Football Forum.

Spot on that.

New chairman stands down on 22:27 - Nov 22 with 1519 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 22:23 - Nov 22 by max936

Indeed but I don’t see the point of voicing the same opinions over and over again on a Football Forum for the rest of time.

New chairman stands down (n/t) on 22:41 - Nov 22 with 1449 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 22:26 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

Spot on that.

[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 22:42]
New chairman stands down on 22:41 - Nov 22 with 1448 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 21:29 - Nov 22 by Darran

Max I have absolutely nothing against what you’ve said there you’ll never believe how much I agree with you.
The thing is if there’s a lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and you mean all why the fuçk are they keeping on about it?

Like ECB said above who’s stepping forward?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:29]

To the question of who’s stepping forward? I know several who might (me included).

The opaque co-opting process where the current board hand picks new board members means that my 250 words aimed at the current Trust board will be very different to what I would write to a broad election with voting by all Trust members.

Without even being able to be certain about the current Trust governance document (e.g. is there a 12 year term limit or not, what constitutes a board quorum, etc.) the muddled farce will continue ... although I suspect a number of current Trust board members will be concluding that the temperature is getting too hot for their liking and decide it’s time to step aside.

If you have nothing to hide you do not fear transparency.
New chairman stands down on 22:42 - Nov 22 with 1440 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 22:25 - Nov 22 by swanseajack4eva

Matt - please can you clarify who is on the Trust board and how long has each individual been on the board?

No mate, no idea sorry. I'd have been safe even if it was a 12 month limit, never mind 12 years.

EDIT - the remaining members are Stuart McDonald, Alan Lewis, Ron Knuszka, Roger Goodwin, Viv Brooks, Viv Williams, Sian Davies, Cath Dyer, Dave Dalton and Uxbridge. Nigel Hamer is Secretary and Dai Little is Legal Affiliate.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 22:48]
New chairman stands down on 22:43 - Nov 22 with 1433 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 22:25 - Nov 22 by swanseajack4eva

Matt - please can you clarify who is on the Trust board and how long has each individual been on the board
New chairman stands down on 22:45 - Nov 22 with 1423 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 22:42 - Nov 22 by MattG

No mate, no idea sorry. I'd have been safe even if it was a 12 month limit, never mind 12 years.

EDIT - the remaining members are Stuart McDonald, Alan Lewis, Ron Knuszka, Roger Goodwin, Viv Brooks, Viv Williams, Sian Davies, Cath Dyer, Dave Dalton and Uxbridge. Nigel Hamer is Secretary and Dai Little is Legal Affiliate.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 22:48]

No idea who is still on the board? I can see the list of recent board members on the Trust website, but don’t know who has recently resigned.
New chairman stands down on 22:48 - Nov 22 with 1398 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 22:41 - Nov 22 by swanseajack4eva

To the question of who’s stepping forward? I know several who might (me included).

The opaque co-opting process where the current board hand picks new board members means that my 250 words aimed at the current Trust board will be very different to what I would write to a broad election with voting by all Trust members.

Without even being able to be certain about the current Trust governance document (e.g. is there a 12 year term limit or not, what constitutes a board quorum, etc.) the muddled farce will continue ... although I suspect a number of current Trust board members will be concluding that the temperature is getting too hot for their liking and decide it’s time to step aside.

If you have nothing to hide you do not fear transparency.

Good to hear you’re interested mate. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

New chairman stands down on 22:49 - Nov 22 with 1389 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 22:45 - Nov 22 by swanseajack4eva

No idea who is still on the board? I can see the list of recent board members on the Trust website, but don’t know who has recently resigned.

Apologies - my first reply was only on the lengths of tenure. Have now edited.
New chairman stands down on 22:50 - Nov 22 with 1382 viewsmax936

New chairman stands down on 19:43 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

The only way anything different could have happened is if either the Trust had been able to get to 25% (which they attempted to do twice), or if they had been able to find a buyer that wanted to work with them in partnership. I suppose it's theoretically possible that they could have attacked through PR to such an extent that the sellers would have had second thoughts, but their thick skin doesn't suggest that would have had any effect.

As I said in a post earlier, it's the sellers that created such an untenable position. This lot could never be worked with. So ultimately, take action, bank the money and wait. And while waiting, also explore whether there were buyers that may see the benefit in everyone, fans included, being on the same page and working with the Trust.

Great Post Lisa.

New chairman stands down on 22:51 - Nov 22 with 1378 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 22:10 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

I agree on both counts. The reasoning behind bypassing the rules will be interesting to say the least.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 22:11]

Oh, it'll be along the lines that Shaky was suggesting. Resolution made showing that's what members wanted etc. The bit about time limits wasn't that which caused an issue. It's the only possible argument.

It's not what the rules say, but that's what they'll claim. The condition precedent stated in the minutes (that the resolution was subject to the rules being filed with the FCA) will be ignored or it will be said they were filed (not accepted but perhaps that's not important). As will the statement in the Supporters Direct website I posted yesterday.

It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it.
New chairman stands down on 22:57 - Nov 22 with 1339 viewsmax936

New chairman stands down on 20:30 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

I only have a couple of thoughts.

The Trust statement is an insult. It completely ignores the eligibility issue which has been the main crux of the discussion on here since the weekend in favour of some lame nonsense about online abuse of a man who made what, a dozen posts? And I saw no personal insults, certainly nothing different to your average online discussion. There were plenty of allegations, most of which could have been easily refuted and/or ignored...if they’re not true. Jumping straight to threats of legal action was ill advised to say the least.

I don’t agree with much of Darran’s stance in this but he’s right insofar that if many more of the Trust board leave (and unless they plan on wriggling out of the 12 year thing at least some of them will have to) they will need replacing.

I don’t know where the Trust goes from here but I can’t help but think it’s at least partly been the architect of its own demise. No communication breeds speculation and contempt. I’ve been banging this drum with Phil for years. It’s 2017, mass communication is easier than it’s ever been yet Trust members get nothing. What’s the supporter director been doing since he was appointed? Anyone know? It’s not beyond the wit of man to produce a regular update on what’s been happening even if some of the detail necessarily has to be omitted.

Communication is at the heart of the Trust’s problems and always has been. Now it may well be too late to salvage anything from the mess. The faith and (pardon the pun) the trust has gone and that’ll be difficult if not impossible to get back. It’s an existential crisis now for the Trust.

Absolutely Brilliant post.

New chairman stands down on 22:59 - Nov 22 with 1331 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 22:49 - Nov 22 by MattG

Apologies - my first reply was only on the lengths of tenure. Have now edited.

Matt - many thanks, I appreciate the help.

So there are 10 current members before any reductions due to the potential 12 year term limit. Do you know how many new members the board plans to appoint?

PS - does Uxbridge have a full name too like the other board members?
New chairman stands down on 23:00 - Nov 22 with 1321 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 22:59 - Nov 22 by swanseajack4eva

Matt - many thanks, I appreciate the help.

So there are 10 current members before any reductions due to the potential 12 year term limit. Do you know how many new members the board plans to appoint?

PS - does Uxbridge have a full name too like the other board members?

He's like Cher mun.
New chairman stands down on 23:03 - Nov 22 with 1307 viewsSoberBaker

New chairman stands down on 23:00 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

He's like Cher mun.

If he could turn back time?

AMOW

New chairman stands down on 23:11 - Nov 22 with 1278 viewsmax936

New chairman stands down on 22:20 - Nov 22 by MattG

Sorry Matt, but didn't you resign on the very same fact, [or did I read your posts wrong]?

I thought I read that some wanted to continue to negotiate and get back to the original deal, but you wanted to pull out, oh yes I see what you mean now although I did read things [not necessarily from your posts] that some wanted to continue to agree to the Yanks request, I meant have interpreted wrongly there though.
That said it was a poor deal to have agreed to in the first instance all be it on the result of the vote, but for them wanting to move the goal posts after that is a joke.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024