Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans chose King over Markovic 17:07 - Jan 31 with 19965 viewsmagicdaps10

Telegraph are reporting that we have decided to loan King over Markovic.

Mmmmmm!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans chose King over Markovic on 11:34 - Mar 5 with 2133 viewsswanforthemoney

Swans chose King over Markovic on 08:19 - Mar 5 by Uxbridge

20 mins for Anderlecht. 0 goals. 0 assists.

Bullet dodged, although have to wonder how serious the interest was.

Match report of sorts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/80czc7/lazar_markovic_made_his_and

Clearly didn't impress. we might get him on a free in the summer at this rate.

I stand in the North Stand

Swans chose King over Markovic on 11:58 - Mar 5 with 2102 viewsMoscowJack

Swans chose King over Markovic on 10:45 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

Well my worry is, fingers crossed that we stay up IS....

that the board will not learn from their previous 2 seasons mistakes. We sell our two best players to recycle the playing squad instead of adding to it and strengthening areas that need strengthening.
First season we sell Ash and Andre and second season we sell Llorente and Gylfi. If we manage to stay up then we dont sell Alfie or Jordan and see the board spend money to bring in the required players to strengthen and not lose any players who are important to us.

If we are to look to bring funds in......Amat, Montero, Baston,Routledge,Mesa are ones we should look to ship out. Some i feel still have potential to offer us something but for what ever reason it has not worked out. I know it wont bring in 30/40M but if the scouts and board do their homework, we dont need to spend this type of amount come the summer.

Fingers crossed we stay up first.

That's a fair point, but I wouldn't trust our current recruitment team at all.

Out of curiosity, what do you think we'd get for the following players?:

Amat - £3m?
Montero - £3m?
Baston - £5m?
Routledge - £1m?
Mesa - £8m?

Total: £20m.

I'd also take £10m for Bony, if we could get it, and put it towards investing in a top-level new striker as we'll need one next season.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans chose King over Markovic on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 2067 viewsjack247

Swans chose King over Markovic on 10:45 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

Well my worry is, fingers crossed that we stay up IS....

that the board will not learn from their previous 2 seasons mistakes. We sell our two best players to recycle the playing squad instead of adding to it and strengthening areas that need strengthening.
First season we sell Ash and Andre and second season we sell Llorente and Gylfi. If we manage to stay up then we dont sell Alfie or Jordan and see the board spend money to bring in the required players to strengthen and not lose any players who are important to us.

If we are to look to bring funds in......Amat, Montero, Baston,Routledge,Mesa are ones we should look to ship out. Some i feel still have potential to offer us something but for what ever reason it has not worked out. I know it wont bring in 30/40M but if the scouts and board do their homework, we dont need to spend this type of amount come the summer.

Fingers crossed we stay up first.

We don’t have ‘stars’ as such any more. This team is similar to the one that first came up in that it’s better than the sum of its parts. If Carlos can keep us ticking over into next season, we won’t be as vulnerable to losing (and inadequately replacing) our big hitters as we have been in the past.

I can see Fabianski, Mawson and Jordan interesting bigger clubs, but probably not to the extent they make megabucks offers.

I don’t think we’d get much for the players we have out on loan plus Routledge to be honest, though we’d save on the wages. Maybe enough to get a decent fullback in. If we stay up, I’d be happy with a fairly quiet summer.
Swans chose King over Markovic on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 2074 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans chose King over Markovic on 11:58 - Mar 5 by MoscowJack

That's a fair point, but I wouldn't trust our current recruitment team at all.

Out of curiosity, what do you think we'd get for the following players?:

Amat - £3m?
Montero - £3m?
Baston - £5m?
Routledge - £1m?
Mesa - £8m?

Total: £20m.

I'd also take £10m for Bony, if we could get it, and put it towards investing in a top-level new striker as we'll need one next season.

I got no faith in any of the hierarchy at the club!!!

Amat is having a decent season so we could push 5M.
Montero, we could get 5M
Baston, now i would like to see him given a go in this formation but lets say 7M.
Routeldge-500k
Mesa-7M

Total-24.5M

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans chose King over Markovic on 12:44 - Mar 5 with 2032 viewsTom1912

Swans chose King over Markovic on 12:11 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

Montero, we could get 5M
Baston, now i would like to see him given a go in this formation but lets say 7M.
Routeldge-500k
Mesa-7M

Total-24.5M

We are not getting £5m for Montero. The club we loaned him to barely played him and have sent him to another club.

He'll go for free and we might even have to pay up some of his contract.

Don't think your other prices are ridiculous though.
Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:00 - Mar 5 with 2002 views34dfgdf54

Montero, we could get 5M
Routeldge-500k
Mesa-7M

Total-24.5M

Baston will never end up back here now, i think we'll struggle to get £7m aswell.

Same with Mesa if I'm being honest.
Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:06 - Mar 5 with 1987 viewsTom1912

Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:00 - Mar 5 by 34dfgdf54

Baston will never end up back here now, i think we'll struggle to get £7m aswell.

Same with Mesa if I'm being honest.

Supposedly Sevilla's option to buy is €7m
Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 1957 viewsMoscowJack

Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:06 - Mar 5 by Tom1912

Supposedly Sevilla's option to buy is €7m

They might not want to take up that option if they get relegated. They're in the bottom 3 at the moment, although I think they'll escape.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:42 - Mar 5 with 1924 viewsTom1912

Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:30 - Mar 5 by MoscowJack

They might not want to take up that option if they get relegated. They're in the bottom 3 at the moment, although I think they'll escape.

They're 5th mate....
Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:06 - Mar 5 with 1895 views34dfgdf54

Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:30 - Mar 5 by MoscowJack

Sevilla are in bottom 3??!?!

Bloody hell didn't realise that. If he can't get in their side then that does speak volumes I'm afraid.

Edit - They're fifth, think you're confused with Las Palmas?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 14:07]
Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:07 - Mar 5 with 1892 viewstheloneranger

Swans chose King over Markovic on 12:44 - Mar 5 by Tom1912

We are not getting £5m for Montero. The club we loaned him to barely played him and have sent him to another club.

He'll go for free and we might even have to pay up some of his contract.

Don't think your other prices are ridiculous though.

The way things are going with Montero, with him wanting to stay in Ecuador, he'll be looking for both sides to cancel his contract, with him having some sort of pay off.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:07 - Mar 5 with 1892 viewsMoscowJack

Swans chose King over Markovic on 13:42 - Mar 5 by Tom1912

They're 5th mate....

Doh. I meant Las Palmas as I believe they have a first option on him.

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:13 - Mar 5 with 1885 viewsTom1912

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:07 - Mar 5 by MoscowJack

Doh. I meant Las Palmas as I believe they have a first option on him.

They do but Sevilla have an option to buy at €7m. He'll likely go to one of them.
Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 1862 viewsMoscowJack

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:13 - Mar 5 by Tom1912

They do but Sevilla have an option to buy at €7m. He'll likely go to one of them.

Based on performances so far, Sevilla might not want to take him.

As Las Palmas' option is probably to match the highest offer we have, their offer might be the highest, if you get what I mean.

Hopefully some other teams will she some interest so we can at least get half of our money back on him.

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:58 - Mar 5 with 1834 viewsJacket

Swans chose King over Markovic on 12:11 - Mar 5 by jack247

We don’t have ‘stars’ as such any more. This team is similar to the one that first came up in that it’s better than the sum of its parts. If Carlos can keep us ticking over into next season, we won’t be as vulnerable to losing (and inadequately replacing) our big hitters as we have been in the past.

I can see Fabianski, Mawson and Jordan interesting bigger clubs, but probably not to the extent they make megabucks offers.

I don’t think we’d get much for the players we have out on loan plus Routledge to be honest, though we’d save on the wages. Maybe enough to get a decent fullback in. If we stay up, I’d be happy with a fairly quiet summer.

Agree with this 100%. When we got promoted we didn't need a star man, our style of play was our star man. The likes of Neil Taylor weren't showed up because they were cogs in a well oiled machine. It's precisely when we started to sign 'stars' under Monk that the wheels fell off. While our style under Carlos may not be as pleasing for the football purists as the tiki taka of Brenda and Laudrup, it's dam well effective and could once again be our strength.
Swans chose King over Markovic on 15:13 - Mar 5 with 1813 viewsnantywatcher

Montero, we could get 5M
Routeldge-500k
Mesa-7M

Total-24.5M

I know prices are forever rocketing but no way can I see us making £20mill out of those five, closer to £15mill in my opinion.) Although a good clearout is needed, if not forced upon us.
If we are to take advantage of the loan system next season let's not go for untried young players (probably be quite frightening to compare the true cost of Andy King to the Tammy/Sanches deals.)
Swans chose King over Markovic on 17:30 - Mar 5 with 1742 viewsjack247

Swans chose King over Markovic on 15:13 - Mar 5 by nantywatcher

I know prices are forever rocketing but no way can I see us making £20mill out of those five, closer to £15mill in my opinion.) Although a good clearout is needed, if not forced upon us.
If we are to take advantage of the loan system next season let's not go for untried young players (probably be quite frightening to compare the true cost of Andy King to the Tammy/Sanches deals.)

Hard to argue with that. I think Montero and Routledge will both go for free or nominal amounts. Mesa won’t be back if Carlos stays, he hasn’t got the running in him to play in that kind of midfield. Baston is an interesting one, will probably be sold off to a Spanish team, but would suit the current style more than Clements. Not really sure about Amat, haven’t kept tabs on him. We may even bring him back and sell Bartley. He’d probably do well in a back 3.
Swans chose King over Markovic on 17:43 - Mar 5 with 1724 viewsDr_Winston

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:58 - Mar 5 by Jacket

Agree with this 100%. When we got promoted we didn't need a star man, our style of play was our star man. The likes of Neil Taylor weren't showed up because they were cogs in a well oiled machine. It's precisely when we started to sign 'stars' under Monk that the wheels fell off. While our style under Carlos may not be as pleasing for the football purists as the tiki taka of Brenda and Laudrup, it's dam well effective and could once again be our strength.

Absolutely.

As a club (and to be honest fanbase) we started believing the myth that a succession of ever more expensive players was needed instead of simply maintaining a system that worked and picking players who fitted that.

We should be about finding the £5m players that suit us perfectly rather than spunking £15m and hoping, although if a more expensive player becomes available who suits us too (like Wilf in 2013) the option should be there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans chose King over Markovic on 18:09 - Mar 5 with 1683 viewsswanforthemoney

Swans chose King over Markovic on 10:04 - Mar 5 by Uxbridge

I think this is where things get complicated when we start looking more long term, which is what we need to do.

Clement did an excellent job keeping us up last year. It may have simply come down to shoring up the defence and letting Siggy/Llorente come up with a goal between them, often from a set piece, but it worked. However he showed himself incapable of a Plan B when one of those was taken away from him and was mercifully put out of his misery this season. Step back 4 months and he was the man that most were looking at to build the club around. Things can change quickly.

Carvalhal has done, arguably, an even better job so far .. although I think some forget how much of a lost cause we looked last year too. Whatever happens this season, and we're far from safe yet, he's done a remarkable job.

However there's a world of difference between being the right man now and the right man for the next few years. The experiences of Guidolin and Clement teach us that the easy option of continuing with the man who keeps us up may not be the best course of action. Saying that, if Carvalhal achieves what looked utterly impossible a couple of months back, it'd be hard to argue against him.

Good call. In respect of the long term, we could return to the resilient approach of playing a reasonably well defined 'style' or system and recruit players that fit the system and only pick coaches who will play that system. Managers should be interchangeable. Easier to change one than eleven as we used to say.
It worked well in getting us where we are.
the backroom staff and age group coaches should develop players to play to the defined system. Hopefully we would be able to promote a few into the first team or at least the bench, over time, rather than having to go out to the market for every player.

I stand in the North Stand

Swans chose King over Markovic on 18:50 - Mar 5 with 1633 viewsawayjack

Swans chose King over Markovic on 14:32 - Mar 5 by MoscowJack

Based on performances so far, Sevilla might not want to take him.

As Las Palmas' option is probably to match the highest offer we have, their offer might be the highest, if you get what I mean.

Hopefully some other teams will she some interest so we can at least get half of our money back on him.

I was in Gran Canaria a few weeks back and the fans I spoke with rated Mesa very highly would take him back quickly. They couldn't understand how he didn't thrive in a 'footballing' club like Swansea. Still not sure what went on off the pitch but CC may just get a tune out of him if we don't get decent offer and we lose Sanches, Ki and Leon next year.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024