Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concerned of Swansea 17:31 - Jul 25 with 7876 viewsDaggyjack

Up until now, I've been relatively calm with events. Ship out 6 or 7 of the dross and bring in 5 ready for the start of the season.
10 days or so to go until Sheffield United and there is little or no movement either way.
Plenty of talk as to departures but aside of the odd player mentioned coming in (Celina, James), there is nothing.
I trust Potter and his hands may be tied at the moment but these are....
Worrying times.
Concerned of Swansea on 21:19 - Jul 25 with 2376 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Concerned of Swansea on 21:15 - Jul 25 by bonymine

Great to hear of your positivity .....on what basis is that prediction offered if I may ask ?

Beer is a wonderful thing.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Concerned of Swansea on 21:39 - Jul 25 with 2296 viewsOldjack

Concerned of Swansea on 21:10 - Jul 25 by Smellyplumz

The really weird thing is that only now the penny is dropping for a lot of people.

It dropped for me when the Greedy ones just got greedier and said bollocks to the consequences

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Concerned of Swansea on 23:00 - Jul 26 with 2129 viewsbonymine

Concerned of Swansea on 20:39 - Jul 25 by bonymine

We’re 40/1 to be relegated with Bet365 so given this basket case of my (former) Club which we all now see imploding before our very eyes, I’ve had a few quid on that bet as Sunderland went that way last season & given the lack of quality and experience in the squad we look to kick the season off with then those odds will be tumbling soon surely ......

I was a season ticket holder when we went up from 1976 Div 4 to Div 1 (now PL) and also in the fall back down culminating in the winding up & closing the gates in 1985.

That said, even in those deep, dark days the Club was truly in my heart as ‘my Club’ through thick and thin........now sadly it is a shadow of its former self, ripped apart by greedy scavengers both from within (ie the cowardly Sellouts) as well as those from across the pond (Hedge Fund Investors) so to be quite honest I do not feel the same hurt and pain as I did back in the mid 80’s as the Club is now so far removed from the TRUE supporters who are constantly taken the p1ss out of that sadly, it now holds very little emotional pull for me and will continue to do so until the cancer of the Club is removed once and for all and the Swansea City I once knew and loved rises once again above this disgusting corruption and greed and I honestly don’t care what division we’ll then be playing in as long as it epitomises the qualities and values on the ‘true’ Swansea City we know and love with it’s TRUE IDENTITY established once again.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

I can’t explain it in any more simpler terms ........

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Concerned of Swansea on 23:14 - Jul 26 with 2114 viewsSmellyplumz

Concerned of Swansea on 23:00 - Jul 26 by bonymine

I can’t explain it in any more simpler terms ........

I said it at the time and all along after.... The club isn't ours anymore and the club we knew is dead and gone, I know a lot of fans find that hard to stomach but it's true.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Concerned of Swansea on 23:17 - Jul 26 with 2105 viewsKingBony

Concerned of Swansea on 23:14 - Jul 26 by Smellyplumz

I said it at the time and all along after.... The club isn't ours anymore and the club we knew is dead and gone, I know a lot of fans find that hard to stomach but it's true.

Bang on plumzy lad

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Concerned of Swansea on 23:22 - Jul 26 with 2096 viewsbonymine

Yes indeed mate just read our posts above .....

Please let me know when the last scheming, calculating, greedy scumbag has departed OUR Club then maybe things can get back to normal over here ???

Wishful thinking on my part of course too many snouts in the trough until the trough is empty 👎👎

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club ......

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Concerned of Swansea on 07:26 - Jul 27 with 2025 viewsawayjack

Feel the same. Instinct kicks in on match days and I support the team on the pitch loud and proud , but our club is no longer ours, owned by a US hedge fund and run by a bunch of greed driven sell outs. If it takes another relegation to get these greedy leaches out so be it.
Concerned of Swansea on 08:25 - Jul 27 with 1983 viewsangryjack

Concerned of Swansea on 21:03 - Jul 25 by sainthelens

It won't be long till the club start renting them out to local clubs etc.

Even selling landore probably...with Martin Morgan buying on the cheap to build houses on.....
Login to get fewer ads

Concerned of Swansea on 08:42 - Jul 27 with 1958 viewsLeonWasGod

You’ve done well lasting until now before being concerned. I’ve been through confusion, anger, incredulity, frustration, depression and apathy since I was last calm about what’s going on down there.
Concerned of Swansea on 09:27 - Jul 27 with 1901 viewsQJumpingJack

In various statements over the last 9 months, the Trust have called for Jenkins to leave his position.

Apart from releasing a public statement is there anything else they can do to force his removal.
Have they discussed it with the Americans?
Concerned of Swansea on 11:08 - Jul 27 with 1835 viewsWingstandwood

Concerned of Swansea on 23:22 - Jul 26 by bonymine

Yes indeed mate just read our posts above .....

Please let me know when the last scheming, calculating, greedy scumbag has departed OUR Club then maybe things can get back to normal over here ???

Wishful thinking on my part of course too many snouts in the trough until the trough is empty 👎👎

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club ......

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman

That was the most despicable load of conniving subterfuge and PR from Jenkins and Co. If memory serves me correct resignation talk started right in the midst of the vital season ticket renewal period and appeared earlier than the article/webpage in the Crystal Palace programme notes.

It was nothing more than the lowlife scumbag Jenkins trying to avert a mass season ticket renewal boycott at what would have been the worse possible time! I do wonder what would happen if history repeated itself this Xmas period and would the "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" prevent supporters falling for it like (I didn't, I said he would not resign) naive mugs all over again?

Argus!

Concerned of Swansea on 11:17 - Jul 27 with 1815 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Concerned of Swansea on 19:17 - Jul 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

This is how things are for us I'm afraid.

I've been saying it for weeks, finally fans are waking up to the reality we are screwed with an inexperienced Manager, not enough players out and not enough players in.

People weren't concerned with the delay in getting Potter, they are now !!!!

Now they are and we are going to get off to a shit start with a team full of players short of confidence and used to a losing mentality, we've made another right fecking mess of an end of season transfer window!!!
Concerned of Swansea on 11:19 - Jul 27 with 1810 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Concerned of Swansea on 20:39 - Jul 25 by bonymine

We’re 40/1 to be relegated with Bet365 so given this basket case of my (former) Club which we all now see imploding before our very eyes, I’ve had a few quid on that bet as Sunderland went that way last season & given the lack of quality and experience in the squad we look to kick the season off with then those odds will be tumbling soon surely ......

I was a season ticket holder when we went up from 1976 Div 4 to Div 1 (now PL) and also in the fall back down culminating in the winding up & closing the gates in 1985.

That said, even in those deep, dark days the Club was truly in my heart as ‘my Club’ through thick and thin........now sadly it is a shadow of its former self, ripped apart by greedy scavengers both from within (ie the cowardly Sellouts) as well as those from across the pond (Hedge Fund Investors) so to be quite honest I do not feel the same hurt and pain as I did back in the mid 80’s as the Club is now so far removed from the TRUE supporters who are constantly taken the p1ss out of that sadly, it now holds very little emotional pull for me and will continue to do so until the cancer of the Club is removed once and for all and the Swansea City I once knew and loved rises once again above this disgusting corruption and greed and I honestly don’t care what division we’ll then be playing in as long as it epitomises the qualities and values on the ‘true’ Swansea City we know and love with it’s TRUE IDENTITY established once again.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Thats brilliant odds, I don't gamble but that is tempting !!!
Concerned of Swansea on 11:27 - Jul 27 with 1793 viewsomarjack

Concerned of Swansea on 11:17 - Jul 27 by AlfieMooresSon

I've been saying it for weeks, finally fans are waking up to the reality we are screwed with an inexperienced Manager, not enough players out and not enough players in.

Now they are and we are going to get off to a shit start with a team full of players short of confidence and used to a losing mentality, we've made another right fecking mess of an end of season transfer window!!!

I wonder which club isn't a mess at the moment.

Stoke? Their squad is in such a mess having so much deadweight and players they want to move on but can't. Berahino, Imbula, Ndiaye and much more.. Surely they're investing heavily but are they doing so on the right players? Etebo couldn't cut it in a terrible LaLiga side, McClean? lol..Tom Ince? was never so good. Is Rowett so much better than Potter? He's just experienced in the Championship it doesn't make him better. Their pre-season tour has been worse than ours, playing weaker teams.

WBA? Real shambles imo. They threw 10 m on Johnstone and Bartley ffs. more than what they've made off selling Jonny Evans and Foster. The squad is ageing and thin, many players want to leave or the club want to move them on but can't. It doesn't look like they want to invest much as well. Our existing squad is better than theirs and unless they go crazy on signings now they won't be in a good place next season. Darren Moore is at helm. Had few good results when they had nothing to lose after guaranteeing relegation. It's like us promoting Tochack to the senior team.

Boro? Might be good if they keep their squad intact.

Aston Villa? They might get out of financial trouble but still they'll probably have to move on some of their best and invest very little. It's not going to be their year.

Derby? Leeds..things aren't ideal over there too. Lampard has never had a managing job before. Leeds might do fine..but it's kind of a toxic club like ours..You never know how things will unravel over there.

Who else is doing better than us if I may ask? No one.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 11:28]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Concerned of Swansea on 11:28 - Jul 27 with 1790 viewsbostondanvers

Can't understand why HJ hasn't got the decency to resign, does he have no pride !!!
I wonder how much the yanks have taken out of the club, it took us 36 years to get back to the top league, but it took the yanks only 3 years to get us out of it.
Concerned of Swansea on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 1770 viewsomarjack

Concerned of Swansea on 11:28 - Jul 27 by bostondanvers

Can't understand why HJ hasn't got the decency to resign, does he have no pride !!!
I wonder how much the yanks have taken out of the club, it took us 36 years to get back to the top league, but it took the yanks only 3 years to get us out of it.

Well I don't know..I mean imagine if your boss(es) is so dense and oblivious to how to do business and you managed to exploit that. Would you say no to 600 k/year regardless of how terrible you've been handling the business?

Huw knows his days will come soon enough anyway. At one point if the club doesn't get promoted during the parachute payments years, The club's chairman will not pocket such amount of money anymore. So he's trying to slurp as much as possible before this happens.

And if we manage to get promoted it's obviously even better for him and his pride..why should he quit himself?

It's the Americans that should kick him out. Only if they have a tiniest bit of logic.

It's bewildering how they haven't gone bankrupt yet flushing their money down the toilet like this.

Concerned of Swansea on 12:08 - Jul 27 with 1729 viewsomarjack

Our defensive strategy for the season:

Since we're going to get slaughtered from the midfield area as we already know they won't be of any help to provide defensive cover. We should pray as we have no other option.

Our midfield strategy for the season:

Whatever happens..Don't do anything with the ball. Just roll it to strikers or defenders. You're only there to make up the numbers it seems.

Our attacking strategy for the season:

Run wild with the ball from the flanks with our speedy wingers and lump it to McBurnie and hope for the best.

Concerned of Swansea on 12:27 - Jul 27 with 1705 viewsTaliesin

Concerned of Swansea on 12:08 - Jul 27 by omarjack

Our defensive strategy for the season:

Since we're going to get slaughtered from the midfield area as we already know they won't be of any help to provide defensive cover. We should pray as we have no other option.

Our midfield strategy for the season:

Whatever happens..Don't do anything with the ball. Just roll it to strikers or defenders. You're only there to make up the numbers it seems.

Our attacking strategy for the season:

Run wild with the ball from the flanks with our speedy wingers and lump it to McBurnie and hope for the best.

We have a strategy? That'll be an upgrade on last year.
Concerned of Swansea on 12:55 - Jul 27 with 1657 viewsLord_Bony

Concerned of Swansea on 19:09 - Jul 25 by awayjack

There's still time to bring in some quality on loan, as been obvious for some time there'd be little invested, just firesale of players. The penny has dropped those not already aware of the mess Board have made in last few years. Huw has wasted tens of millions on woeful transfers, allowed costs to spiral out of control. Also sold to hedge fund investors who have not put a bean into the club, know nothing about football and have increased the costs with their fees and lackies. Sadly the club is broke and aside from Huw / Board personal wealth, there is little to show for all the hundreds of millions from 7 years in Premier League.

Yes indeed the future looks bleak on the path we are presently going down

Things could have been so different

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Concerned of Swansea on 12:58 - Jul 27 with 1649 viewsfatherjack81

The board will keep Jenkins as so long as he remains, he will deflect the majority of the criticism for them and they may well calculate that is worth what they are paying him.

Levien and Kaplan have a reverse Midas touch with regard to the Swans and were it not for Jenkins would be attracting far more criticism than they currently are.

As much as I feel Jenkins should have gone years ago, I imagine his ego would prefer him to leave on a high. Unfortunately I fear there is more chance of him being at the helm of a resurgent Casey's Roofing.
Concerned of Swansea on 13:10 - Jul 27 with 1613 viewsomarjack

Concerned of Swansea on 12:27 - Jul 27 by Taliesin

We have a strategy? That'll be an upgrade on last year.

Are you insinuating that Clement's strategy of trying to cut the defences from the middle like playing FIFA on easy mode isn't good enough for you?

Or playing 3 centre backs and 3 holding midfielders against newly promoted teams at the Liberty?

You fans are so demandy

Concerned of Swansea on 16:57 - Jul 27 with 1524 viewsSmellyplumz

Concerned of Swansea on 11:27 - Jul 27 by omarjack

Stoke? Their squad is in such a mess having so much deadweight and players they want to move on but can't. Berahino, Imbula, Ndiaye and much more.. Surely they're investing heavily but are they doing so on the right players? Etebo couldn't cut it in a terrible LaLiga side, McClean? lol..Tom Ince? was never so good. Is Rowett so much better than Potter? He's just experienced in the Championship it doesn't make him better. Their pre-season tour has been worse than ours, playing weaker teams.

WBA? Real shambles imo. They threw 10 m on Johnstone and Bartley ffs. more than what they've made off selling Jonny Evans and Foster. The squad is ageing and thin, many players want to leave or the club want to move them on but can't. It doesn't look like they want to invest much as well. Our existing squad is better than theirs and unless they go crazy on signings now they won't be in a good place next season. Darren Moore is at helm. Had few good results when they had nothing to lose after guaranteeing relegation. It's like us promoting Tochack to the senior team.

Aston Villa? They might get out of financial trouble but still they'll probably have to move on some of their best and invest very little. It's not going to be their year.

Derby? Leeds..things aren't ideal over there too. Lampard has never had a managing job before. Leeds might do fine..but it's kind of a toxic club like ours..You never know how things will unravel over there.

So because they are fück that means it's OK for us? Sorry but I couldn't give two fůcks about any other team just the swans and what's happened to us is criminal.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Concerned of Swansea on 17:00 - Jul 27 with 1517 viewsSmellyplumz

I've heard on good authority that Jenkins is staying for every penny and the yanks think his piss is petrol. Bad times ahead.

Concerned of Swansea on 17:50 - Jul 27 with 1484 viewsjacksfullaces

Concerned of Swansea on 11:17 - Jul 27 by AlfieMooresSon

I can't believe anyone needs waking up.

the last few years have been continuous decline.

other than an apologetic press release and some murmurings about returning to our roots (for the umpteenth time) nothing has changed from the direction we have been travelling since Jenkins sold us up the river.

must be an assumption that most fans have a goldfish like memory and a bucketful of optimism to assume that everything that has been going on off the pitch will suddenly count for nothing and 11 players on the pitch with a young manager can work miracles.

its like an addicted gambler lumping into the fruities expecting they are just one more spin from the jackpot.
Concerned of Swansea on 18:00 - Jul 27 with 1448 viewsBillyChong

Concerned of Swansea on 11:27 - Jul 27 by omarjack

It doesn’t matter what other clubs are doing. Jenkins and co had the chance to find a decent buyer and at least move on with some respect. They did the complete opposite and either didn’t do their homework on the Americans or didn’t care and just wanted to cash in regardless. You didn’t need to go any further than google to have doubts on the Americans so I suspect it was the latter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024