Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line up for Saturday. 21:22 - Aug 30 with 2002 viewsJames1980

Assuming all players unless the ones we know of are fit and playing 3 central defenders. Who should be in the starting 11 on Saturday?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Line up for Saturday. on 09:54 - Aug 31 with 1821 viewssweetcorn

Norman
Rafferty
McGahey
MJ Williams
Delaney
Hart
Perkins
Cannon
Camps
Henderson
Calvin

/thread.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Line up for Saturday. on 10:13 - Aug 31 with 1791 viewsjudd

Line up for Saturday. on 09:54 - Aug 31 by sweetcorn

Norman
Rafferty
McGahey
MJ Williams
Delaney
Hart
Perkins
Cannon
Camps
Henderson
Calvin

/thread.

I think Done instead of Calvin and Rathbone instead of Perkins.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Line up for Saturday. on 10:31 - Aug 31 with 1762 viewsdingdangblue

Line up for Saturday. on 09:54 - Aug 31 by sweetcorn

Norman
Rafferty
McGahey
MJ Williams
Delaney
Hart
Perkins
Cannon
Camps
Henderson
Calvin

/thread.

That was my exact team too!
I think the dilemma is going to be Dooley. Will Hill keep him as an impact sub for now? I'm not sure what system he can fit into? If we are playing 5-3-2 and the wingbacks are Raff and Hart then I think our strongest 3 is Perkins/Camps/Cannon. You could play Dooley in a 2 with Hendo but then you lose Andrew's Aerial strength and defensive capabilities at corners. I presume when Dooley came on on Tuesday we switched to 4-4-2 with Dooley wide midfield? It's a dilemma for Keith.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Line up for Saturday. on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 1748 views442Dale

Line up for Saturday. on 10:31 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

I think the dilemma is going to be Dooley. Will Hill keep him as an impact sub for now? I'm not sure what system he can fit into? If we are playing 5-3-2 and the wingbacks are Raff and Hart then I think our strongest 3 is Perkins/Camps/Cannon. You could play Dooley in a 2 with Hendo but then you lose Andrew's Aerial strength and defensive capabilities at corners. I presume when Dooley came on on Tuesday we switched to 4-4-2 with Dooley wide midfield? It's a dilemma for Keith.

It was a midfield diamond when Dooley came on, he was behind the front two, MJW at the base. Ntlhe had a decent game the other night, so would expect him to keep his place.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Line up for Saturday. on 12:37 - Aug 31 with 1655 viewsboromat

Norman
Rafferty
McGahey
MJ Williams
Delaney
Done
Perkins
Cannon
Camps
Henderson
Inman

No need for a big man up top :-).

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Line up for Saturday. on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 1607 viewsYadHoDale

Line up for Saturday. on 12:37 - Aug 31 by boromat

Norman
Rafferty
McGahey
MJ Williams
Delaney
Done
Perkins
Cannon
Camps
Henderson
Inman

No need for a big man up top :-).

Quite like that team (although I'd have Ntlhe in place of Done - as others have said, he's done reasonably well).

Can switch from 5 to 4 at the back with MJW moving forward, without using a sub.
Line up for Saturday. on 13:08 - Aug 31 with 1579 viewsSaxonDale

Line up for Saturday. on 10:31 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Hill said in his interview that he won't let the last 20 minutes on Tuesday dictate his team selection for Saturday. I assume that means he'll be going with the same team he probably had in mind Tuesday afternoon for Coventry- with the exception of Hart, perhaps.

Interesting interview where amongst other things he said:

Wanted Hart since end of last season- Hart wants more game time than last year but also called Hill up himself to suggest a deal could be done earlier this week.

Jordan Williams is really impressing in training and will be getting a chance to perform on a match day.

Addshead needs to be patient and not see playing youth games as a bad thing- he'll be playing Saturday for the youth but Tuesday vs Bury.

Gillam needs to impress more in training. Performed well on Tuesday but needs to see more throughout the week.

No more player movement in or out.

Thought we got it 2/3s right on Tuesday but thinks our last 20 minutes was more down to Boro taking a win for granted after 60 minutes.
Line up for Saturday. on 13:29 - Aug 31 with 1538 viewsShun

__________Norman__________
__McGahey__MJW__McNulty__
_Raff_____Camps______Nthle_
_____Cannon____Inman______
____Henderson__Done_______

Delaney misses out because I think he’s been our worst defender all season, and Perkins has faded a lot after starting the season brightly, to the point where he’s offered next to nothing in his past few matches.
Login to get fewer ads

Line up for Saturday. on 14:00 - Aug 31 with 1485 viewssweetcorn

Line up for Saturday. on 13:29 - Aug 31 by Shun

__McGahey__MJW__McNulty__
_Raff_____Camps______Nthle_
_____Cannon____Inman______
____Henderson__Done_______

Delaney misses out because I think he’s been our worst defender all season, and Perkins has faded a lot after starting the season brightly, to the point where he’s offered next to nothing in his past few matches.

Can’t help but feel that midfield will get walked through, any team with big strong central midfielders would destroy that 3.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Line up for Saturday. on 15:02 - Aug 31 with 1400 viewstony_roch975

Assuming they were all match fit:-

__McGahey__McNulty__Delaney__
_Cannon_____Camps______Hart_
_____Rathbone____Dooley_______
____Henderson__Inman_______

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Line up for Saturday. on 16:35 - Aug 31 with 1282 viewsboromat

Line up for Saturday. on 13:00 - Aug 31 by YadHoDale

Quite like that team (although I'd have Ntlhe in place of Done - as others have said, he's done reasonably well).

Can switch from 5 to 4 at the back with MJW moving forward, without using a sub.

Yeah I did have Nthle in and Done upfront but then switched it to Done and Inman. So many options just need whoever is chosen to really take the opportunity and hold down a place. Very few players holding down places at the minute.

Line up for Saturday. on 17:07 - Aug 31 with 1256 viewsrkershaw

Line up for Saturday. on 16:35 - Aug 31 by boromat

Yeah I did have Nthle in and Done upfront but then switched it to Done and Inman. So many options just need whoever is chosen to really take the opportunity and hold down a place. Very few players holding down places at the minute.

Add Zac Clough into the mix and we look like some team ....... on paper at least!!
Line up for Saturday. on 17:56 - Aug 31 with 1191 viewsboromat

Line up for Saturday. on 17:07 - Aug 31 by rkershaw

Add Zac Clough into the mix and we look like some team ....... on paper at least!!

I can't imagine he'll start but who knows!

Line up for Saturday. on 18:05 - Aug 31 with 1180 viewsdean7321

Moore
McGahey
MJW
Delaney
Raff
Perkins
Cannon
Hart
Dooley
Hendo
Clough/Done

Poll: best ever center back

Line up for Saturday. on 18:17 - Aug 31 with 1157 views442Dale

Line up for Saturday. on 13:08 - Aug 31 by SaxonDale

Hill said in his interview that he won't let the last 20 minutes on Tuesday dictate his team selection for Saturday. I assume that means he'll be going with the same team he probably had in mind Tuesday afternoon for Coventry- with the exception of Hart, perhaps.

Interesting interview where amongst other things he said:

Wanted Hart since end of last season- Hart wants more game time than last year but also called Hill up himself to suggest a deal could be done earlier this week.

Jordan Williams is really impressing in training and will be getting a chance to perform on a match day.

Addshead needs to be patient and not see playing youth games as a bad thing- he'll be playing Saturday for the youth but Tuesday vs Bury.

Gillam needs to impress more in training. Performed well on Tuesday but needs to see more throughout the week.

No more player movement in or out.

Thought we got it 2/3s right on Tuesday but thinks our last 20 minutes was more down to Boro taking a win for granted after 60 minutes.

On the Jordan Williams point: he got a brief runout as sub against Barnsley then wasn’t in the squad v Walsall, then an unused sub at Boro. Surely if he was going to get a chance, Tuesday was ideal?

With the Clough signing he’ll be further down the pecking order and the likes of Inman and Wilbraham may see a reduction in game time too and, putting the cat amongst the pigeons, Henderson will be under pressure to get goals to ensure he’s not left out for Clough + a big man. Though of course we could always try him in midfield...

Interesting times as all of a sudden, irrespective of results, we’ve quite a few players who would all see themselves as starters facing spells on the bench or totally out of the squad.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024